PDA

View Full Version : Anyone go to any NASCAR races??

Go Lehigh TU Owl
May 31st, 2005, 03:37 PM
I'll be at Dover this weekend and Pocono next week. I'll also be at Pocono in July and Dover in September. Planning on going to either Martinsville or Charlotte in the fall. I've been to the Pepsi 400 in '02 at Daytona, and the August Michigan race in '03 and last year.

grizbeer
May 31st, 2005, 03:44 PM
I went to Las Vegas in March, had a great time. This was my 2nd trip to LV for a Cup/Busch race weekend. Have also been to Michigan for Cup and Phoenix for Cup/Busch, LV for NCTS/IRL weekend, and Evergreen Speedway (Seattle) for NCTS races. Had a great time at every race.

SiouxFallsJack
May 31st, 2005, 11:50 PM
I'm a big fan but haven't made it to a race yet. I do hope to make it to either Kansas or Chicago in the near future.

Hansel
June 1st, 2005, 09:48 AM
Went to the Atlanta Spring race a few years back, thinking about taking in a race at Vegas.

polsongrizz
June 1st, 2005, 09:58 AM
I'm a big fan but haven't made it to a race yet. I do hope to make it to either Kansas or Chicago in the near future.
Skip those crappy cookie cutter tracks. Save your money and go to a real track. :eek: :nod: ;)

polsongrizz
June 1st, 2005, 10:06 AM
Although I have been to a few, I haven't seen anyone mention Riverside International Raceway. Great roadtrack were I saw NASCAR for the first time. Cale Yarborough won the first race and Benny Parsons the next.

Georgia Griz
June 1st, 2005, 03:39 PM
I'll be at Dover this weekend and Pocono next week. I'll also be at Pocono in July and Dover in September. Planning on going to either Martinsville or Charlotte in the fall. I've been to the Pepsi 400 in '02 at Daytona, and the August Michigan race in '03 and last year.

I've been to Talladega in both the spring and the fall. The fall race is usually pretty safe from a rain delay. I have always had a great time. I've heard the Talladega race weeks described as the Mardi Gras of the NASCAR season. I haven't found anything that would prove it to be otherwise. It's a lot of drinking and unadulterated fun for about five days straight. The track is in the middle of nowhere, so there aren't many other things to do but hang around and party in the campgrounds. I've been told that nights on the infield get a little out of hand. I think that the whole atmosphere at Bristol might be better for a first-timer, but the racing at Talladega is much easier to follow (resulting from the restrictor plates) for a new fan. Another downside is that the track is so large it is impossible to see the racing on the backstretch if you are sitting in the main grandstands.