PDA

View Full Version : Nebraska QB missing

blackfordpu
August 6th, 2006, 08:36 AM
LINCOLN, Neb. -- The mother of Nebraska backup quarterback Harrison Beck said her son, who skipped practice Saturday, is disgruntled with the amount of work he has received the first few days of preseason camp.

Evelyn Beck-Bothwell told the Lincoln Journal Star on Saturday night that Beck sent her a text message that read: "I'm safe."

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2541036

ISUMatt
August 6th, 2006, 09:34 AM
Sore loser

MR. CHICKEN
August 6th, 2006, 09:39 AM
BECK WAS LAST SPOTTED........AT DUH WINDAH.........O' MICKEY MATHEWS'........OFFICE O' TRANSFERS...&...RECRUITMENT...........:nod:.........AWK!

(WHY DO YA THINK DEY CALL IT....HARRISONBURG?)

GeauxColonels
August 6th, 2006, 04:59 PM
Odd. Was he slated to be the starter for the season?!

GeauxColonels
August 6th, 2006, 05:00 PM
Nevermind, I just read the article.

goasu984Life
August 6th, 2006, 05:06 PM
Dumbass

dirtbag
August 6th, 2006, 05:16 PM
Even dumber than going AWOL?

Talking smack about your 3-string son's coaches and teammates.

blackfordpu
August 6th, 2006, 10:14 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2541738

walliver
August 7th, 2006, 05:45 PM
I doubt this guy would get much interest from a I-AA. Who wants a guy who walks off and hides when he doesn't get what he wants.

AZGrizFan
August 7th, 2006, 07:35 PM
"Maybe if he would have stayed in the SEC, he would've been playing," Beck-Bothwell said. "Maybe he made the wrong decision. He knows that playbook. It's just an issue of not getting respect from the older players."

He has to mature a little more. You saw that a lot this past summer, how he came in and tried to take control and be more of a leader as opposed to last year. He would kind of goof off and jack around and not really take this stuff seriously.

What a joke. He complains of not getting respect, and yet he takes his ball and goes home when things don't quite go his way? What a frigging baby.... :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

blackfordpu
August 7th, 2006, 09:43 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2542659

AppGuy04
August 8th, 2006, 12:19 PM
Sounds like another whiny kid who has always gotten what he wanted. Boo hoo, I wanna play coach!!!

AppGuy04
August 14th, 2006, 10:42 AM
****in A, just what we need

Published August 12, 2006

NU Notes: QB Beck will play at North Carolina State

BY RICH KAIPUST AND MITCH SHERMAN
WORLD-HERALD BUREAU

LINCOLN - Harrison Beck has picked North Carolina State as his next school and could join the Wolfpack as soon as today.

The former Nebraska quarterback took less than a week to decide on where he would transfer. Beck skipped Husker practices last Saturday and Sunday before leaving the team on Monday.

John Davis, his former coach at Countryside High in Clearwater, Fla., said North Carolina State was among the schools that wanted Beck before he committed early to NU in 2004. In all, Davis said, about a dozen schools made offers to Beck this week, including two NCAA Division I-AA schools and two junior colleges.

Because he's transferring to another Division I-A school, Beck must sit out the coming season. He would be a sophomore in 2007 with three years to play three seasons.

"In talking with him this week, he's still pretty down about the whole (NU) situation," Davis said. "I think once he gets going, it's going to be a relief for him. But he's going to have to go prove himself as a player."

Davis' son, Jay, is a former Wolfpack quarterback who's in his first season as a graduate assistant. Also, North Carolina State's offensive coordinator is Marc Trestman, who was NU head coach Bill Callahan's offensive coordinator when Callahan was head coach of the Oakland Raiders.

The Wolfpack have three scholarship quarterbacks in preseason camp, led by returning starter Marcus Stone, and one who plans to sign in February. None of the returnees is a senior.

Beck did not return calls Friday.

walliver
August 14th, 2006, 02:01 PM
Because he's transferring to another Division I-A school, Beck must sit out the coming season. He would be a sophomore in 2007 with three years to play three seasons.

You should be safe this year, unless he changes his mind again and transfers to Mars Hill:D

AppGuy04
August 14th, 2006, 05:27 PM
You should be safe this year, unless he changes his mind again and transfers to Mars Hill:D

eh, to be honest, I hope he never sees the field, we have another guy, Justin Burke who holds the KY high school TD record, 62 TD's and 6 INT's in his senior year