PDA

View Full Version : Bump-drafting on the 1.5 mile Lowe's quad-oval?

Georgia Griz
May 31st, 2005, 11:55 AM
There were two many individuals driving carelessly this weekend in Charlotte. "Bump-drafting" led to some avoidable events. There is just no need for that type of driving at that particular speedway. The following were just a few of the wrecks caused by this behavior:

M. Truex Jr. getting into the back of poor ol' S. Marlin
B. Vickers getting into the back of venerable ol' B. Elliott
D. Earnhardt Jr. getting into the back of teammate M. Waltrip
C. Edwards getting into the back of D. Jarrett

Dale Earnhardt Inc. was single-handedly responsible for the destruction of about 6 cars:

All of this led to a record 22 caution flags and 103 laps run under yellow. That's more than 1/4 of the race!!!

mlbowl
May 31st, 2005, 01:53 PM
There were two many individuals driving carelessly this weekend in Charlotte. "Bump-drafting" led to some avoidable events. There is just no need for that type of driving at that particular speedway. The following were just a few of the wrecks caused by this behavior:

M. Truex Jr. getting into the back of poor ol' S. Marlin
B. Vickers getting into the back of venerable ol' B. Elliott
D. Earnhardt Jr. getting into the back of teammate M. Waltrip
C. Edwards getting into the back of D. Jarrett

Dale Earnhardt Inc. was single-handedly responsible for the destruction of about 6 cars:

All of this led to a record 22 caution flags and 103 laps run under yellow. That's more than 1/4 of the race!!!

Somebody needs to bitch slap jr...........maybe he'll just fire another crew chief :bang:

Baldy
May 31st, 2005, 03:04 PM
If DJ coulda got his hands on Edwards, Roush would be looking for a new driver for the #99 car right now. Jarrett is as cool as they come, but I've never seen him so angry on the track as he was Sunday night.

saint0917
May 31st, 2005, 05:54 PM
If DJ coulda got his hands on Edwards, Roush would be looking for a new driver for the #99 car right now. Jarrett is as cool as they come, but I've never seen him so angry on the track as he was Sunday night.

I don't know Baldy, I remeber a few years back up in New Hampshire with a few laps to go, Jarrett was in 2nd and Gordon was in 3rd, and Gordon got into the back of Jarrett, and Jarrett ended up finishing 4th or 5th, Gordon came in second. After the race Jarrett and Gordon were nose to nose, I thought for sure Jarrett was going to punch that little bitch.

Hansel
May 31st, 2005, 06:34 PM
DEI should just save their money and not even show up at non-restrictor plate races

polsongrizz
May 31st, 2005, 08:57 PM
DEI should just save their money and not even show up at non-restrictor plate races
:eek: :nod: :nod: :spank: :spank: :bang: :bang: :rolleyes: :D ;)

Baldy
May 31st, 2005, 09:36 PM
I don't know Baldy, I remeber a few years back up in New Hampshire with a few laps to go, Jarrett was in 2nd and Gordon was in 3rd, and Gordon got into the back of Jarrett, and Jarrett ended up finishing 4th or 5th, Gordon came in second. After the race Jarrett and Gordon were nose to nose, I thought for sure Jarrett was going to punch that little bitch.

True, I forgot about that incident, but the run-in with Gordon happened after the race. I thought Jarrett was going to tear up his car from hitting Edwards' so much during the caution.

saint0917
June 1st, 2005, 06:23 AM
True, I forgot about that incident, but the run-in with Gordon happened after the race. I thought Jarrett was going to tear up his car from hitting Edwards' so much during the caution.

That's true, on the track that would have to be the maddest I've seen Jarrett, I was hoping Jarrett would hit Edwards with his car a few more time during the caution, but if he did keep it up the NASCAR officials would have had him sit on pit road for a few laps, and at the risk of tearing up he own car it would not have been worth it.
There at Dover this weekend, a nice 1 mile short track, maybe Jarrett will get a little pay back. :nod:

grizbeer
June 1st, 2005, 08:34 AM
There at Dover this weekend, a nice 1 mile short track, maybe Jarrett will get a little pay back. :nod:Not likely, Edwards apologized repeatedly, and tried to explain that he was just stupid for trying to bump draft, he wasn't trying to move Jarret out of the way. Add in the fact that Jarret didn't actually wreck, and returned to the lead lap on that caution (and finished 8th) I think DJ will be fine.

Georgia Griz
June 1st, 2005, 03:46 PM

Waltrip and the #15 NAPA Chevrolet crew haven't actually been too bad this year when they weren't wrecked by careless drivers. Waltrip was running in the 7th position and gaining ground in the CC 600 before Junior lost his mind.