PDA

View Full Version : Poor Poor Austin Peay

ITmonarch10
October 20th, 2012, 02:39 PM
Austin Peay to play FBS trio in 2013 (http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/news.aspx?id=4536926)
They are playing 3 FBS games next year. I guess their administration just assumed they aren't going to ever make the playoffs anyway and we might as well cash in on the expanded season.

Are their any other FCS teams playing 3 FBS games next year?

*Cough Towson *Cough UNI you guys aren't going for 3 FBS games next year are you.

DSUrocks07
October 20th, 2012, 03:35 PM
Austin Peay to play FBS trio in 2013 (http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/news.aspx?id=4536926)
They are playing 3 FBS games next year. I guess their administration just assumed they aren't going to ever make the playoffs anyway and we might as well cash in on the expanded season.

Are their any other FCS teams playing 3 FBS games next year?

*Cough Towson *Cough UNI you guys aren't going for 3 FBS games next year are you.

Tennessee
Vanderbilt
Ohio

At least they're all regional so travel cost should be low.

Jazzman1522
October 20th, 2012, 04:01 PM
Unbelievable... Austin Peay is 0-7, and they've been blown out every week. The closest they've come is 34-14. Why anyone thinks this is a good idea is way beyond me. They did play two this year though, so I guess it's just about par for the course.

Redhawk2010
October 20th, 2012, 05:09 PM
Gotta make some money to upgrade that thing they call a stadium somehow..

mamberso
October 20th, 2012, 11:59 PM
Clearly, they need some money to upgrade their facilities. You have to remember they have only been playing scholarship football since 2007. They play Tennessee, Vandy, Chattanooga and Ohio in the first four weeks of the season. This will be brutal. There will probably be nothing left of that team for conference play.

theasushow
October 21st, 2012, 12:01 AM
Prostitutes.

MR. CHICKEN
October 21st, 2012, 10:15 PM
17048.....TENNESSEE/VANDERBILT/OHIO...JES' WONDERIN'........HOW YA SELL DAT....TA DUH AUSTIN-PEAY PLAYERS....."THANKY LADS FO' SACRIFICIN'.....YA'LL LAID DUH GROUNDWORK.....FO' DUH...2017 TEAM"....xconfusedx...DOODLE-DOO!

Maroons
October 21st, 2012, 10:43 PM
Man, oh, man... I hope they win a game this year. Is Culver-Stockton any good? That is the non D-I team left on the schedule.

bonarae
October 22nd, 2012, 02:58 AM
Man, oh, man... I hope they win a game this year. Is Culver-Stockton any good? That is the non D-I team left on the schedule.

CSC is 0-7 in the NAIA conference they play in; 1-7 on the entire season. All of their losses come by at least 10 points. They also played Evangel (Nicholls' opponent the past few years) this season, they also lost that game.

APSU can win their game... but are they more likely a scholarship version of Valparaiso? xconfusedx

Tribal
October 22nd, 2012, 08:20 AM
They should just play Rhode Island and settle the worse team crown on the field...like men.

Model Citizen
October 22nd, 2012, 08:49 AM
APSU can win their game... but are they more likely a scholarship version of Valparaiso? xconfusedx

For the record, during Peay's stint in the PFL, Valpo was much better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUDuOUxhD2Y

walliver
October 22nd, 2012, 09:09 AM
3 FBS games may bring in some money, but, I suspect AP is on the lower end of the pay scale.

Maybe they need the money, but if you have to stand on a corner shouting, "Play me ... Love you long time", maybe it's time to reconsider the focus of your program. Playing FBS, especially SEC schools, may bring free publicity, but sometimes it's not worth it.

Of course, the OVC doesn't get a lot of at-large bids, so OOC losses may not hurt them much.

BisonBacker
October 22nd, 2012, 09:15 AM
There is no excuse as a AD to schedule like that period. Hell just drop down if your going to do that to your team if you can't afford to play at this level. Those players don't deserve that. Just flat out wrong!!

cbarrier90
October 22nd, 2012, 09:29 AM
Let's go Peay!

ysubigred
October 22nd, 2012, 09:41 AM
They should just play Rhode Island and settle the worse team crown on the field...like men.

Youngstown would not want any of ole' Peay anytime soon LOL!!xbabycryx

Jazzman1522
October 22nd, 2012, 09:46 AM
There is no excuse as a AD to schedule like that period. Hell just drop down if your going to do that to your team if you can't afford to play at this level. Those players don't deserve that. Just flat out wrong!!

Amen brother! I mean, we all know the Bison could handle it, but the rest of the FCS? No way! :D

I kid, I kid. I absolutely agree with you, though. One of these games would be a great experience for the players, heck a lot of teams play two of them. But to ask these guys to out and play 3 FBS games is ridiculous.

gsu2583
October 22nd, 2012, 09:58 AM
Let's go Peay!

Unrelated, but... "Your Avatar Can't Win Any GAMES!"

:)