PDA

View Full Version : Youngstown State vs SIU

penguinpower
October 19th, 2012, 05:02 PM
The Penguins have to be the most underachieving team in the top 25 at this point in the season. I have to wonder which team will show up. SIU is 3-1 in conference play. This could make or break their season.

Jacked_Rabbit
October 19th, 2012, 05:14 PM
This should be one hell of a game, but I have to think that YSU will pull it out. After the past two losses, nobody needs a win more than the Guins right now, so I'm sure the team will be very hungry to get a victory. The way SIU has been playing as of late, however, can pretty much assure that a W will not come easy.

penguinpower
October 20th, 2012, 06:32 PM
YSU had 5 turnovers, one a pick 6, one a fumble returned for a TD. They also had a punt blocked that was returned for a TD. Amazingly in the game until 36 seconds when the pick six that went for 105 yards. What an embarrassment. The defense only gave up 235 yards and 14 points. I don't think they should be in the top 25 at this point. They need to do something to turn the ship around. They have the talent. By the way, the offense scored 0 points in the second half. Same exact story the last 3 games. 0 points in the second half. The problem for me is that it is not a depth issue. That is what is so confusing. The defense actually played much better, but the special teams are absolutely horrible.

penguinpower
October 20th, 2012, 06:33 PM
Has to be a coaching issue.

penguinpower
October 20th, 2012, 06:34 PM
Defense gave up on only 74 yards in the second half but outscored 28-0. No mental toughness.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 20th, 2012, 06:35 PM
YSU is in big trouble. 15 days ago I thought they might be the best team in the country. Now, they might be lucky to win 6 games.

Jacked_Rabbit
October 20th, 2012, 06:53 PM
Big win for SIU - I'm a little surprised, to be honest. Congrats to the Salukis!

We'll see the 'Guins in Brookings next weekend for Hobo Day. Looking forward to it.

skinny_uncle
October 20th, 2012, 07:17 PM
The Dawgs should be tied with the Sickamores for first place at this point.
GO DAWGS!

penguinpower
October 20th, 2012, 07:19 PM
Nice win Skinny Uncle. Total team effort all 3 phases.

underdawg
October 20th, 2012, 07:56 PM
Thanks but our Offense still isn't pulling its' weight

skinny_uncle
October 20th, 2012, 08:19 PM
Thanks but our Offense still isn't pulling its' weight

Offense=17 points
Defense=14 points
Special teams=7points

It all added up to a win.

underdawg
October 21st, 2012, 12:04 PM
hopefully our specialty teams and defense will not be expected to get over 50% of the points rest of the season!