PDA

View Full Version : Towson/Colgate - 2008. No more?

colgate13
August 3rd, 2006, 12:18 PM
http://www.gocolgateraiders.com/sidebar.asp?id=493&path=football

Checking out the future schedule shows that Towson as the opener in 2008 has been replaced by Stony Brook. It's a home and home that brings SB back to Colgate in 2009.

I must say I'm sad to see Towson go off the sked. That was a game with some potential that year. But, it is very interesting to see 'independent' Stony Brook get ramped up. I still need to convince Colgate fans that this will be no cakewalk as SB will be a 63 scholarship school by then.

Hansel
August 3rd, 2006, 12:38 PM

Checking out the future schedule shows that Towson as the opener in 2008 has been replaced by Stony Brook. It's a home and home that brings SB back to Colgate in 2009.

I must say I'm sad to see Towson go off the sked. That was a game with some potential that year. But, it is very interesting to see 'independent' Stony Brook get ramped up. I still need to convince Colgate fans that this will be no cakewalk as SB will be a 63 scholarship school by then.

I thought equivalencies didn't matter ;) (j/k) is SB going to the full 63? I thought they were going to around 40 ???

Umass74
August 3rd, 2006, 12:41 PM
Let's do another four year series starting in 2009. Been a good, competative rivalry.

aceinthehole
August 3rd, 2006, 12:53 PM

If Towson is looking for a game in 2008, I'm sure CCSU would love to play them! Please call them, I don't know any of our future opponents that far out.

Pard4Life
August 3rd, 2006, 01:04 PM
Just for those who might be wondering, Colgate goes to Spartansburg in 2010 for the second half of the Furman home-and-home.

colgate13
August 3rd, 2006, 01:33 PM
I'm also wondering when Towson will pull out of an away game at Colgate in 2007 now that we are not returning the favour... and wondering who will get slotted in there.

As for SB, the reason they are going independent is to bypass the NEC 30 scholarship limit and play with the big boys.

Go...gate
August 3rd, 2006, 03:40 PM
Let's do another four year series starting in 2009. Been a good, competative rivalry.

Agreed. I, too really like the series and hope we will find a way to keep playing you guys.

Go...gate
August 3rd, 2006, 03:43 PM
If Towson is looking for a game in 2008, I'm sure CCSU would love to play them! Please call them, I don't know any of our future opponents that far out.

It would be a good game for CCSU against a local opponent with a solid A-10 profile. Towson has played Monmouth a few times, so it makes sense (including economic) to match up against another NEC rival.

aceinthehole
August 3rd, 2006, 03:54 PM
It would be a good game for CCSU against a local opponent with a solid A-10 profile. Towson has played Monmouth a few times, so it makes sense (including economic) to match up against another NEC rival.

The MU-TU games was when they were still in the PL. We last played them in 1996.

Towson is a program CCSU should try very hard to play. Its just a bus ride down to Baltimore, they are an improving A-10 squad, have a great facility, and even have a little history with our own program (we first played them back in 1971).

I would love a 4-year deal where they would make just 1 trip to New Britain too.

Go...gate
August 3rd, 2006, 04:03 PM
I'm also wondering when Towson will pull out of an away game at Colgate in 2007 now that we are not returning the favour... and wondering who will get slotted in there.

As for SB, the reason they are going independent is to bypass the NEC 30 scholarship limit and play with the big boys.

Maybe a 1-A, like Northwestern?

Hansel
August 3rd, 2006, 04:37 PM
I was off

"Stony Brook plans to phase in incremental increases in scholarship levels on an annual basis with the ultimate goal of reaching the full I-AA complement of 63. "

http://goseawolves.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/041006aab.html