PDA

View Full Version : Mountaineers in the NFL

MorgantonAPPAlum
October 7th, 2012, 12:03 PM
There are currently eight former Mountaineers on active NFL Rosters: Jason Hunter, Corey Lynch, Daniel Kilgore, Armanti Edwards, Travaris Cadet, DJ Smith, Brian Quick and DeAndre Presley (just activated from the Dolphin's practice squad). Mark Legree is also on the Falcon's practice squad. Pretty good for a little mountain Teacher's college.

AppAlum2003
October 10th, 2012, 12:19 PM
Pretty sure LeGree got released a few weeks ago... guy just can't seem to hang on anywhere. Safety is tough to play in the NFL... tough to play well, that is.

HenZoneNation
October 18th, 2012, 12:37 PM
Packers just put DJ Smith on IR...too bad. He's a hell of a player.

biggie
October 18th, 2012, 04:16 PM
Yep on a cheap shot as well.

HenZoneNation
November 7th, 2012, 10:01 AM
Presley was released today...

AppAlum2003
November 7th, 2012, 11:34 AM
Presley was released today...

Difficult for him converting from QB to DB - hell of an athlete, though. Hopefully he can get on someone's PS and keep learning from NFL coaches.

HenZoneNation
November 7th, 2012, 07:00 PM
What happened his Senior year that switched him from QB to WR...he was a pre-season WP contender right?

MorgantonAPPAlum
November 7th, 2012, 08:33 PM
What happened his Senior year that switched him from QB to WR...he was a pre-season WP contender right?

He was a finalist in his junior year (I think). I think he converted when Jamal Jackson began to emerge and we needed defensive help (plus he wasn't going to be a QB as a pro, so why not try to establish himself where he might get a pro contract). I'm sorry to hear he was released, I tried to follow his time with the 'Phins, but I couldn't tell whether or not he ever saw time on the field-he didn't amass any defensive stats.

biggie
November 8th, 2012, 02:21 PM
DP should be signed back to Dolphins practice squad if he clears waivers, today/tomorrow. Saw articles mention it and a tweet from someone say DP's belongings were still there.

He was a finalist in his junior year (I think). I think he converted when Jamal Jackson began to emerge and we needed defensive help (plus he wasn't going to be a QB as a pro, so why not try to establish himself where he might get a pro contract). I'm sorry to hear he was released, I tried to follow his time with the 'Phins, but I couldn't tell whether or not he ever saw time on the field-he didn't amass any defensive stats.

He also had a shoulder injury that helped push Jamal intot he the starting position.

biggie
November 13th, 2012, 10:57 AM
DP was put back on practice squad.

And Brian Quick started the game and got his first NFL TD against the 49ers. Now why he started, was only in on 7 plays and only targeted 1 time is the mistery.

Cadet with a good amount of work for NO as well.

AE with 2 Kick returns and 1 catch. Was at the game, they might as well have had him at QB or Cam should have just been running, bc the Broncos were in the backfield constantly (only thing they can't do is cover a TE).

HenZoneNation
November 15th, 2012, 07:25 PM
DP back with Miami PS....

MorgantonAPPAlum
November 15th, 2012, 10:33 PM
DP was put back on practice squad.

And Brian Quick started the game and got his first NFL TD against the 49ers. Now why he started, was only in on 7 plays and only targeted 1 time is the mistery.

Cadet with a good amount of work for NO as well.

AE with 2 Kick returns and 1 catch. Was at the game, they might as well have had him at QB or Cam should have just been running, bc the Broncos were in the backfield constantly (only thing they can't do is cover a TE).

When I got home from the beatdown we got from Denver Sunday, I was able to see the end of the Rams/49ers game and I saw Kilgore in on some special teams plays. Saw BQ's TD on the highlights.

biggie
November 16th, 2012, 12:06 PM
When I got home from the beatdown we got from Denver Sunday, I was able to see the end of the Rams/49ers game and I saw Kilgore in on some special teams plays. Saw BQ's TD on the highlights.
I was at the Panther's game as well. Was ugly, even for a non-Panther's fan.

Still recovering from 2 days in a row of tailgating/football/tailgating.