PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Baseball Field Set

TexasTerror
May 30th, 2005, 11:41 AM
I know there was a thread about Coastal Carolina, but I wanted a more general thread for discussion. So, let's have at it!

The field: http://images.sportsline.com/images/ncaasports/brackets/d1_base_bracket_2005.pdf

My thoughts...

I love the Baton Rouge regional. Rice, that's one school I love to follow and unfortunately for us in the SLC, they play NW State first. Would love more than anything if Rice or NW State came out of there. I am not thrilled with the whole nine teams from the SEC bit, so any team from the SEC that falls, I'll enjoy it!

The Baton Rouge region is paired with the New Orleans (Tulane Region). Whomever comes out of this grouping of Tulane, LSU and Rice is instantly my pick to win the whole thing. I've been impressed with Tulane all year. LSU always comes to win in the NCAAs and Rice can beat any team of the country on anyday of the week.

The Waco regional is interesting. Stanford, Baylor, TCU and UTSA. UTSA is the odd ball in there, but I think they could be disruptive. TCU could play spoiler in this one and take it. Stanford coming all the way to Texas. I'm sure they hate that, especially as a #3 seed.

Texas is loving their region. Miami of Ohio is no pushover, but the Longhorns love to beat the Razorbacks in any sport, so Arkansas will be fun for the Longhorns. Quinnipac is a cupcake.

wkuhillhound
May 30th, 2005, 03:53 PM
I have noticed there are more "northern" teams this year in field than in year's past, like Quinnipiac for example. Miami (Ohio), St. John's, Nebraska, Ohio State and others its always good to have some sort of balance.

Cocky
May 30th, 2005, 04:09 PM
How did Auburn get in? They did not qualify for the SEC tourn. and were playing awful at the end of the year. You could put up a good argument they were the only the sixth or seventh best team in the state of Alabama.

Baldy
May 30th, 2005, 04:34 PM
Auburn getting in (a #2 seed, in fact), St. Johns, FAU, Michigan, etc.
Kinda makes me wanna puke. Our spotty play over the last month pretty much did us in, and I wasn't expecting an invitation, but please......St. John's? Auburn?. :rolleyes:

ngineer
May 30th, 2005, 08:44 PM
I have noticed there are more "northern" teams this year in field than in year's past, like Quinnipiac for example. Miami (Ohio), St. John's, Nebraska, Ohio State and others its always good to have some sort of balance.

Hey, don't forget our brothers from Army representing the Patriot League! They will do well. Went 16-2 in the league. Had the deepest starting staff, which in the tournaments will serve well. With whats waiting a number of them, I think they'll really be gung ho.

Coastal89
May 30th, 2005, 08:48 PM
Good point ng, here's a clip from SEbaseball.com about Army

No. 4 seed to watch: Army

One thing about these military-officers-in-training - they won't be rattled. Let's face it, they're soldiers. Not only that, last year's experience at LSU will be a huge advantage for the Knights. Nick Hill (10-1, 1.22) and Justin Kashner (9-3, 2.40) have great resumes and with an inspired effort, could pull off a few shockers in the Tallahassee Regional. FSU better be aware of what they're getting into.

wkuhillhound
May 30th, 2005, 10:36 PM
Here are a list of teams on the behalf of AGS are rooting for to go to Omaha!!

Southern Jaguars (29 - 16)
Northwestern State Demons (40 - 18)
Rhode Island Rams (34 - 19)
Maine Black Bears (34 - 17)
North Carolina A&T Aggies (27 - 25)
Furman Paladins (30 - 27)
Austin Peay Governors (38 - 22)
Harvard Crimson (29 - 15)
Coastal Carolina Chanticleers (48 - 14) with a #1 seed (great job!!!)

WAY TO GO TEAMS!!!!

TheValleyRaider
May 31st, 2005, 07:16 AM
Here are a list of teams on the behalf of AGS are rooting for to go to Omaha!!

Southern Jaguars (29 - 16)
Northwestern State Demons (40 - 18)
Rhode Island Rams (34 - 19)
Maine Black Bears (34 - 17)
North Carolina A&T Aggies (27 - 25)
Furman Paladins (30 - 27)
Austin Peay Governors (38 - 22)
Harvard Crimson (29 - 15)
Coastal Carolina Chanticleers (48 - 14) with a #1 seed (great job!!!)

WAY TO GO TEAMS!!!!

Hey, don't forget the Marist Red Foxes. Champions of the MAAC, they rebounded from an 0-11 start to win the regular season and tournament titles. Marist is not a newcomer to the tournament and won't be an easy out for anyone.

TexasTerror
May 31st, 2005, 07:59 AM
UTSA rebounded from an 0-11 start and won the SLC tournament...

Wish the NCAAs would put a regional in the northeast to help baseball out there...