PDA

View Full Version : Armatii Edwards

woffordgrad94
October 1st, 2012, 01:34 PM
Should Armanti get a chance to have a bigger role with the Carolina Panthers? I'd like to see more of him.

biggie
October 1st, 2012, 02:09 PM
Probably, but they won't allow it. Gets a 12yd reception and then throws a very nice ball (Smith trips and misses), then you hear nothing again.

They put Adams as inactive this week and put Capt as punt returner. Panthers still wasting some talent. And anyone would have been better than their saftey that couldn't knock down anything yetesterday.

Of note I'm not a Panther fan, just happened to watch most of the game yesterday.

MorgantonAPPAlum
October 1st, 2012, 02:42 PM
I love AE and I wish the Panthers would use him more, but Sunday's catch was the first of his career (the pass was the first incompletion of his career in three attempts). Aside from returning punts last year (with only average success, if I'm honest)-that's pretty much it. Somebody in the Panthers organization saw enough in him for them to use a second round pick to get him, but either he hasn't shown them enough in camp and practice for them to use him more or they only drafted him because they think he will be a draw for App fans. Anyway-I am afraid that his pro career might be drawing to a close. David Gettis has been on the PUP list and he should be back soon. AE might find himself the odd man out.

asucrutch23
October 1st, 2012, 03:07 PM
I love AE and I wish the Panthers would use him more, but Sunday's catch was the first of his career (the pass was the first incompletion of his career in three attempts). Aside from returning punts last year (with only average success, if I'm honest)-that's pretty much it. Somebody in the Panthers organization saw enough in him for them to use a second round pick to get him, but either he hasn't shown them enough in camp and practice for them to use him more or they only drafted him because they think he will be a draw for App fans. Anyway-I am afraid that his pro career might be drawing to a close. David Gettis has been on the PUP list and he should be back soon. AE might find himself the odd man out.

Wasn't there a pass interference call on the play? Meaning no incompletion?

I'm not a Panthers fan either, but I did catch this part of the game. Did anyone hear the announcer say "Armanti Edwards, a high school quarterback, in the shotgun..." About 30 seconds later he added the Appalachian State part. I bet he had someone in his ear.

MorgantonAPPAlum
October 1st, 2012, 03:11 PM
Wasn't there a pass interference call on the play? Meaning no incompletion?

I'm not a Panthers fan either, but I did catch this part of the game. Did anyone hear the announcer say "Armanti Edwards, a high school quarterback, in the shotgun..." About 30 seconds later he added the Appalachian State part. I bet he had someone in his ear.

No-they picked up that flag.

asucrutch23
October 1st, 2012, 03:15 PM
Ah, ok. Looked like a pretty good throw. Of course this type of play would only be used as a "gadget" play for the Panthers. My guess is AE's days in Charlotte are numbered.