PDA

View Full Version : Jamaal Branch in NO Saints training camp

Go...gate
July 28th, 2006, 02:51 PM
Looks like he will get his chance to make the NFL. Good luck, Jamaal! :)

Pard4Life
July 28th, 2006, 03:42 PM
Looks like he will get his chance to make the NFL. Good luck, Jamaal! :)

Cool... glad to see he is going to be giving the Atlanta Falcons trouble and not the Leopards for a change. :rolleyes:

Retro
July 28th, 2006, 04:01 PM
I saw him on the roster more than a week ago, but thought that it would've already been posted here.

GOKATS
July 28th, 2006, 05:55 PM
Joey Thomas, MSU is also w/ the Saints.

Go...gate
August 7th, 2006, 07:53 PM
He had a good game in the initial intrasquad scrimmage. :) August 29 is the first cut date.

UNH 40
August 8th, 2006, 07:44 AM
He had a good game in the initial intrasquad scrimmage. :) August 29 is the first cut date.

August 29 is the final cut not the first.

Tubby Raymond
August 9th, 2006, 03:32 AM
56 rushing yards in a I-AA championship game does not an NFL ball player make:nono:

colorless raider
August 9th, 2006, 12:44 PM
56 rushing yards in a I-AA championship game does not an NFL ball player make:nono:
AND Tubby he graduated, not like some of your boys. How's the transfer to recruits ratio looking?

Go...gate
August 9th, 2006, 12:50 PM

He's got his chance now. Let's see what happens, Tubster.

Calilumber
August 10th, 2006, 10:47 PM
Tubby Raymond
56 rushing yards in a I-AA championship game does not an NFL ball player make

Dude I am not a Jamaal fan, but give me a freaking break...... The guy sets all kinds of rushing records and has an amazing college career and you judge him on one game.

That has to be the most moronic thing I have read in weeks.

colorless raider
August 13th, 2006, 08:02 AM
Jamaal runs for 4.3 yds a carry and catches one pass for 24 yards. A very good game vs. the Titans.Go Jamaal and Go 'Gate!!

GeauxLions94
August 13th, 2006, 10:56 AM
Jamaal runs for 4.3 yds a carry and catches one pass for 24 yards. A very good game vs. the Titans.Go Jamaal and Go 'Gate!!

Sean Payton, along with the Saints Radio Crew, singled him out after the game last night. Will be tough for him to make the final cut following Reggie, Deuce, Aaron Stecker and Fred McAfee ... but he definitely didn't hurt himself last night. :thumbsup:

Go...gate
August 13th, 2006, 07:15 PM
Maybe the Jets ought to trade a low draft pick for him; without Curtis Martin, their running game is struggling. He is worth taking the chance.

GeauxColonels
August 13th, 2006, 09:01 PM
I tell you what, I watched the entire game as was VERY impressed by this young man. Everyone I talked to after the game mentioned him. He DEFINITELy made an impression with the fans here in New Orleans.

GeauxColonels
August 13th, 2006, 09:28 PM
Also, on a side note, my future brother-in-law is doing an internship with the Saints during the preseason and said that Branch is a GREAT guy, very down to earth.

So more props to him!

Calilumber
August 13th, 2006, 11:08 PM
Props to Branch!!! I hope he makes it in the NFL. I know he was in NFLE, but got no pt?

colorless raider
August 14th, 2006, 02:06 PM
We appreciate the Jamaal updates as we hear little up north and the Saints NFL site is not real informative. He IS a great kid and we hope he makes it in the NFL-at least somewhere!

Pard4Life
August 14th, 2006, 02:21 PM
Perhaps the Saints could pencil him as a return man? If he is that impressive they will find room.

Tubby Raymond
August 15th, 2006, 03:27 PM
Dude I am not a Jamaal fan, but give me a freaking break...... The guy sets all kinds of rushing records and has an amazing college career and you judge him on one game.

That has to be the most moronic thing I have read in weeks.

:hurray:

Tubby Raymond
August 15th, 2006, 03:29 PM
He's got his chance now. Let's see what happens, Tubster.

As I hope you know by now, just bustin balls:nod: , best wishes to Jamaal:thumbsup:

GeauxColonels
August 15th, 2006, 03:44 PM
We appreciate the Jamaal updates as we hear little up north and the Saints NFL site is not real informative. He IS a great kid and we hope he makes it in the NFL-at least somewhere!
Well, I think with the injury to Aaron Stecker in the Saints/Titans game this past weekend, his chances of making the team have improved slightly. But he already made a pretty good case for himself the way he ran the ball the other night.

Go...gate
August 16th, 2006, 03:52 PM
As I hope you know by now, just bustin balls:nod: , best wishes to Jamaal:thumbsup:

Thanks. Best of luck to the Hens this season. :)

Go...gate
August 22nd, 2006, 09:31 AM
One TD and one fumble, but he saw some nice action and he seems to have a little more speed. Geez, I hope he makes it.

Gater
August 27th, 2006, 06:30 PM
is leading the Saints in both rushing and receiving this preseason.
He has carried the ball 25 times for 120 yards for a 4.8 average and 1 TD. He has 5 catches for 95 yards for a 19.0 yard average.

Go...gate
August 28th, 2006, 12:53 PM
Gotta think Branch at least makes the practice squad, but you never know in the NFL. He sure would offer a good economic offset to Reggie Bush, because Branch would make the NFL minimum. :twocents:

GeauxLions94
August 28th, 2006, 10:44 PM
Gotta think Branch at least makes the practice squad, but you never know in the NFL. He sure would offer a good economic offset to Reggie Bush, because Branch would make the NFL minimum. :twocents:

His chances of making the club just got better as the Saints cut special teams demon Fred McAfee. That leaves them with Deuce, Reggie, Aaron Stecker, Branch and Mike Karney (FB) as the top backs left.

Also with trade of Donte Stallworth to the Eagles, Marques Colston (Hofstra) and Jamal Jones (NC A&T) have a pretty good shot of making the club as well.

Jax
August 29th, 2006, 10:05 AM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Delaware Ghostrider II
September 3rd, 2006, 03:51 PM
BUt if anything...he's backing up Reggie Bush.....N.O would have to have a huge lead for him to play ( which I doubt that will happen) or Bush will have to get injured....best bet is Reggie gettin banged up.

GeauxLions94
September 3rd, 2006, 07:35 PM
Branch was one of four players the Saints named to the practice squad. Sigh of relief for front office as there were talks another team was about to claim him off waivers.

colgate13
September 4th, 2006, 10:59 AM
I wish they would. Branch just needs his chance; he can play in this league.

Go...gate
September 7th, 2006, 08:56 AM
Glad to see he is on the Practice Squad and hope he gets some playing time. :hurray:

Pard4Life
September 8th, 2006, 03:47 PM
Glad to see he is on the Practice Squad and hope he gets some playing time. :hurray:

Awesome! Glad to see a PLer make it.

Costanzo broke his hand, but he will see action in Europe this fall. That's how Branch helped earn his reputation.