PDA

View Full Version : Lafayette at Robert Morris: Official Game Thread

Pages : 1 [2]

Original_RMC
September 30th, 2012, 08:09 PM
Yep, that's exactly what happened.

Also, we set the tone badly early... we INT RMU on the third play of the game, set-up at their 30... our second our third play, its an INT on a werid tip ball... Ross tipped it back to the defender in mid-air.

Then, we at our own 10... ball out to Ross... on swing-post play... he never had possession of the ball, and referee rules it a fumble and TD return... I have never seen a blatantly wrong call since... Monday night. Well, 2009 at Holy Cross at this level. And I'm not wearing my Pard glasses. Then RMU started playing like Oregon and it was just pathetic.

We dominated them in the 4th quarter, but they did just enough at the end to get into FG range, their most yards in the second half of course, where we held them to 101.

I do agree with most folks who saw the game that that Ross didn't have position and it was a bad call. I'm sure we could start a new thread and talk about all the bad calls on both sides.
9 penalties against LC
11 penalties against RMU

RMU was focused and ready in the 1st half and played their best ball this season. I gave a lot of credit to LC in the 2nd half with how they came out in the 2nd half and tied the game at 28.
I thought RMU was going to play and hope for OT when they got the ball back with 2:23 in the 4th and after a run for 5 yards. Then the Colonials dial up a play that send the slot WR on a deep post while WR Jeter went deep. Sinclair had all the time in the world and waited to see who the safety was going to take. He had so much time that the WRs out ran his arm and Jeter made a hell of a catch.

Great win for the Colonials

Pard4Life
September 30th, 2012, 08:39 PM
I do agree with most folks who saw the game that that Ross didn't have position and it was a bad call. I'm sure we could start a new thread and talk about all the bad calls on both sides.
9 penalties against LC
11 penalties against RMU

RMU was focused and ready in the 1st half and played their best ball this season. I gave a lot of credit to LC in the 2nd half with how they came out in the 2nd half and tied the game at 28.
I thought RMU was going to play and hope for OT when they got the ball back with 2:23 in the 4th and after a run for 5 yards. Then the Colonials dial up a play that send the slot WR on a deep post while WR Jeter went deep. Sinclair had all the time in the world and waited to see who the safety was going to take. He had so much time that the WRs out ran his arm and Jeter made a hell of a catch.

Great win for the Colonials

Were you "shocked" how RMU came swinging out of the gate? Or was it a case of, "I was waiting for these guys to start playing like this"?

And yes, way for our guys to blitz ...darn prevent... it has killed us so many times.

Original_RMC
October 1st, 2012, 10:03 AM
I knew the team was focused and ready to play but it's one thing to say and another thing to carry that onto the field. I thought to myself "here we go" when Sinclair threw that 1st pick and LC had the ball. But thankfully that quick slant pass was just behind Ross and he tipped it in the air.

I was shocked in the 1st half on how RMU came out of the gate and how LC seemed not ready.
I have been waiting for RMU to play this style all season. You see that they have talent and when they click...they can move the ball and score. Now the 2nd half was all LC with ball control and did a great job getting back into the game.

Franks Tanks
October 1st, 2012, 10:07 AM
I knew the team was focused and ready to play but it's one thing to say and another thing to carry that onto the field. I thought to myself "here we go" when Sinclair threw that 1st pick and LC had the ball. But thankfully that quick slant pass was just behind Ross and he tipped it in the air.

I was shocked in the 1st half on how RMU came out of the gate and how LC seemed not ready.
I have been waiting for RMU to play this style all season. You see that they have talent and when they click...they can move the ball and score. Now the 2nd half was all LC with ball control and did a great job getting back into the game.

RMU played well and certainly deserved to win. Good luck the rest of the way.

Original_RMC
October 1st, 2012, 10:34 AM
Thanks and same to LC.

Pard4Life
October 1st, 2012, 11:10 AM
Thanks and same to LC.

I do not have any enmity towards RMU for this game. I am completely disappointed in the Pards, but very impressed with what I saw from RMU. Naturally, I can't wait to pound you into the Fisher Field FieldTurf in 2014, but in the meantime, good luck with the rest of the season.

Original_RMC
October 1st, 2012, 12:41 PM
I do not have any enmity towards RMU for this game. I am completely disappointed in the Pards, but very impressed with what I saw from RMU. Naturally, I can't wait to pound you into the Fisher Field FieldTurf in 2014, but in the meantime, good luck with the rest of the season.

LOL...thanks and that will be hopefully another great game.

ngineer
October 2nd, 2012, 07:40 AM
Team, Colgate, but that game is at home
Despite the above the game a Gtown on the road does scare me
Of course the big rivalry game is always a worry
Holy Cross on the road.

Honestly, given the inconsistent QB play virtually any team worries me. I will stop worrying when I see Colvin play well for most of a game. I won't even ask for a whole game.

Actually, I thought Colvin did play well for most of the game. He had almost half a dozen drops (including two by Spadola of all people) and Kurfis had his hand on the long one that if he extended with two could have been a great catch. His running was solid. If I question anything, it is some of the play calling on short yardage. Why go with Sherman, who is not a power runner, and not with Barket who rarely ever gets negative yardage? Sometimes, rather than just 'manning up' and play to our strength and challenge the opposition to stop us, I think we get "too cute" and out-think ourselves.

RichH2
October 2nd, 2012, 08:03 AM
Funny, I got that impression but could not put a label on it. It does seem that Dave is overthinking his calls at times. The disconnect between this yr and last is slowly moving in but at times seems Dave says well I dont have Chris so we have to go against form to fool D rather than just going with our strengths.

carney2
October 2nd, 2012, 10:13 AM
Still wrestling with whether RMU won or Lafayette lost. It's funny how "your team" is always in control and the other guy is just some kind of background noise. Oh well, with the ultimate Curse game looming, not much time to dwell on yesterday. For purely personal reasons, I'm really hoping that RMU does really well from here out. The better they look, the better we look.

Some comments from a guy who was there:

Nice stadium. That is, I believe, as good as you can do with all the seating on one side.

Friendly folks. Only ran into one idiot all evening.

Is anyone at RMU upset that Joe Walton is collecting a pay check? Every indication is that he is a dottering old fool who has absolutely no input to, nor any connection with, what goes on during a game. If this were a Patriot League school, name recognition and reputation notwithstanding, there would be large mobs demanding his head on a platter.

The RMU band is small (50-some members), but can play their instruments while doing intricate dance steps. I was impressed.

Thanks to the RMU folks for a nice evening - except for the outcome, of course.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 2nd, 2012, 10:37 AM
Is anyone at RMU upset that Joe Walton is collecting a pay check? Every indication is that he is a dottering old fool who has absolutely no input to, nor any connection with, what goes on during a game. If this were a Patriot League school, name recognition and reputation notwithstanding, there would be large mobs demanding his head on a platter.

To me, this game was Frankasaurus vs. the original guy from the Mesozoic era, Joe Walton. Honestly, for the PL's sake I hope that RMU shows that they are way better than their record might indicate, but that's not my early impression of them. There's no way they beat Albany, for example.

If you told me to make a decision, I'd say Lafayette lost this rather than RMU winning. Trying to look objectively, I think Lafayette had more talent on the field. They just fell way behind early due to lack of focus, whatever, and when the talent did pull itself together, it was too late.

UAalum72
October 2nd, 2012, 12:04 PM
Joe Walton, the only coach RMC/RMU has ever had, and so old that I saw him playing as an undersized tight end for the Giants in the original Yankee Stadium, has already announced that he'll retire after the 2013 season, so it's unlikely the crowd will revive the 'Joe Must Go' chants from his days as HC of the Jets.

carney2
October 2nd, 2012, 01:52 PM
for the PL's sake I hope that RMU shows that they are way better than their record might indicate, but that's not my early impression of them. There's no way they beat Albany, for example.

A loss to Albany is not in RMU's future since they lost to them in week 2. Looking at the remainder of their schedule (100% NEC games) I conclude that they could have a decent year from here on:

@ St. Francis (PA)
@ Bryant
CCSU
@ Wagner
Duquesne
@ Sacred Heart
Monmouth

Nothing unwinnable, although 3 of them will be challenges.

danefan
October 2nd, 2012, 01:55 PM
A loss to Albany is not in RMU's future since they lost to them in week 2. Looking at the remainder of their schedule (100% NEC games) I conclude that they could have a decent year from here on:

@ St. Francis (PA) L
@ Bryant W
CCSU W
@ Wagner L
Duquesne L
@ Sacred Heart L
Monmouth L

Nothing unwinnable, although 3 of them will be challenges.

I'd bet 2-5 from here out for RMU.....