PDA

View Full Version : #18 New Hampshire @ #5 Old Dominion 9-22

Pages : 1 [2]

DJnva
September 22nd, 2012, 11:16 PM
This is embarassing. Neither one of these teams are going anywhere this year....

ODU's defense sucked last year too. Until someone shows they can actually stop Heinicke, we'll take our chances.

DJnva
September 22nd, 2012, 11:19 PM
I think that number says far more about UNHs awful defense than it does for the QB play. He was good, but I don't think he's THAT good.

Pay attention. The dude has 44 TDs and 5 INTs in like 13 career games.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
September 23rd, 2012, 09:24 AM
Purists might not take a team with a poor defense seriously as a championship contender, but I'm not sure how many FCS teams can shut down the ODU offense and/or out score them. Their Oline is big and good. They have at least five receivers who excel at the intermediate game then have serious speed and moves for YAC.

JMHO, anyone wanting to beat ODU better have some studs in the DB or on their DLine. Heinicke is that good in the spread. And preferably not play them at high Noon on a sunny day with temps in the high 80's. And hopefully you won't lose two Def linemen in the first half like UNH did (Smith, Vines).

FWIW, I told Rob what I did because early on it was apparent that UNH had to out score ODU to win. And I still think that if UNH had scored when they put the snap on the turf at the three yard line, they would have done that. They still might have worn down though, that was a LONG game on a hot day.

Met some great ODU folks at the game. Drowned my sorrows with Tribe4SF at his tailgate. Had a lightning delay and then got soaked when the game restarted. It was that kind of day for a UNH fan in VA.

caribbeanhen
September 23rd, 2012, 10:09 AM
As a youngster I was very impressed with Dan Fouts as he lit up the opposition week in and week out and he had great receivers but how many super bowls did he win? Sure, O_U is a force to be reckoned with but all it takes is one interception and a dropped pass and O_U will be out

ODUwildman
September 23rd, 2012, 10:16 AM
ODU dropped way too many balls yesterday ... I guess everyones an expert.

I sent this from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

ST_Lawson
September 23rd, 2012, 10:51 AM
JMHO, anyone wanting to beat ODU better have some studs in the DB or on their DLine.

NDSU vs ODU in the playoffs. It must happen.

HandoEX
September 23rd, 2012, 10:57 AM
Challenge accepted

xthumbsupx

caribbeanhen
September 23rd, 2012, 10:57 AM

I would love to see that game.... you guys could use #20 for that one

caribbeanhen
September 23rd, 2012, 11:00 AM
expert no, realist yes.... I only saw about 5 minutes of the 1st quarter but your D jumped out as being bad,

Mattymc727
September 23rd, 2012, 11:45 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQYE4hqJITE

ODUsmitty
September 23rd, 2012, 04:27 PM
ODU's defense is pathetic. Holy crap. I can't even get a barameter on this team ... at home against a "down" UNH ... and they give up 61 points?

Then again, they scored 64 ... but UNH has a pretty bad defense.

Gross.

Until your little truck-stop team actually earns a victory against Old Dominion, I'd recommend keeping your yap shut. You have nothing to add about ODU's style of play until you find a way to actually defeat that style of play.

Want to know what is gross? How about the smell of 10,000 chickens being murdered daily at the poultry death factories surrounding your lopsided stadium.

penguinpower
September 23rd, 2012, 04:46 PM
Want to know what is gross? How about the smell of 10,000 chickens being murdered daily at the poultry death factories surrounding your lopsided stadium.

This may be the quote of the year

jmufan999
September 23rd, 2012, 05:22 PM

I have seen both of these teams several times in the past 2-3 years, and that would be an interesting matchup. Montana St. - NDSU would be my favorite as of right now (if JMU weren't involved). I think ODU has a good offense, but running offenses should be able to slow them down. Limit ODU's possessions and you limit their scores. NDSU would be a really bad matchup for ODU.

I like ODU vs. EWU, though. Similar styles could be interesting....

Or NDSU vs. JMU?

Georgia Southern vs. The Citadel?

heath
September 23rd, 2012, 06:13 PM
I have seen both of these teams several times in the past 2-3 years, and that would be an interesting matchup. Montana St. - NDSU would be my favorite as of right now (if JMU weren't involved). I think ODU has a good offense, but running offenses should be able to slow them down. Limit ODU's possessions and you limit their scores. NDSU would be a really bad matchup for ODU.

I like ODU vs. EWU, though. Similar styles could be interesting....

Or NDSU vs. JMU?

Georgia Southern vs. The Citadel?

To beat ODU you must outscore them,But how many teams can actually DO THAT? An ugly non defensive win is much better than ANY loss. STOP HATE'N.Can't win the the CAA but could be in Friscoxnodx

ngineer
September 23rd, 2012, 07:07 PM
This may be the quote of the year

I call "FOWL!"

blukeys
September 24th, 2012, 03:52 AM
I call "FOWL!"

I think if ODU can make their "foul" tries at the end of the game, they will be tough. I still want to see how they do at March Madness. xeyebrowxxeyebrowx

T-Dog
September 24th, 2012, 05:17 AM
[COLOR="#000080"]JMHO, anyone wanting to beat ODU better have some studs in the DB or on their DLine.

That sounds like a job for the goddamned Appalachian State Mountaineers.

caribbeanhen
September 24th, 2012, 07:40 AM
"Want to know what is gross? How about the smell of 10,000 chickens being murdered daily at the poultry death factories surrounding your lopsided stadium."

on closer examination I'am shocked your reply was not met for Delaware fan xpeacex

ODUsmitty
September 25th, 2012, 10:17 AM
"Want to know what is gross? How about the smell of 10,000 chickens being murdered daily at the poultry death factories surrounding your lopsided stadium."

on closer examination I'am shocked your reply was not met for Delaware fan xpeacex

Kind of a personal policy not to talk smack with CAA teams that ODU has not defeated. Since we lost to UD and Towson, I'll reserve my comments until I have a leg to stand on. JMU, on the other hand, deserves all the trash talking available, considering how they spun great tales of how long it would take for ODU to become competitive at this level.

blukeys
September 25th, 2012, 01:08 PM
Kind of a personal policy not to talk smack with CAA teams that ODU has not defeated. Since we lost to UD and Towson, I'll reserve my comments until I have a leg to stand on. JMU, on the other hand, deserves all the trash talking available, considering how they spun great tales of how long it would take for ODU to become competitive at this level.

Let us get our facts straight.

1. I know of no one from the UD side who did not say that ODU was a sleeping giant that would be competitive from day one.

2. I know of no chicken farms within 40 miles of the Tub. 10,000 dead chickens is about what one gets in Southern Delaware when temps hit 90+ for 5 or more days. However, 10,000 chickens dead or alive smell bad regardless.

3. If one looks up the word a**hole in the dictionary, they will find a drunken idiot draped in purple and gold streamers.

ODU Oldtimer
September 25th, 2012, 02:38 PM
`True......... in my Webster as well! with footnote JMU Just Miserable University LOL