PDA

View Full Version : Furman - Clemson preview video

FUGameBreaker
September 15th, 2012, 07:02 AM
Furman - Clemson preview video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HO-vth_r-R8&feature=plcp

CopperCat
September 15th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Somehow this game is on tv up here In the pac northwest, but MSU-SFA isn't........

OL FU
September 15th, 2012, 02:19 PM
On TV in Hotlanta too. Fu moving the ball on the first series start around the 30 and driving to Clemson's 30. New Freshman QB 4-4. Fingers crossed.

BisonBabe
September 15th, 2012, 02:20 PM
Furman is looking good so far.

OL FU
September 15th, 2012, 02:25 PM
Faked a field goal. Clemson intercepted. Refs missed a pass interference call:(

OL FU
September 15th, 2012, 02:27 PM
OF course we haven't had a pass de against Samford or CCU, so we obviously don't have one against Clemson. TD in about two minutes. Ugh

BisonBabe
September 15th, 2012, 02:28 PM
Faked a field goal. Clemson intercepted. Refs missed a pass interference call:(

Yes refs have made at least 2 big mistakes that may or may not make a difference in the game.

PaladinFan
September 15th, 2012, 02:40 PM
Furman is looking good so far.

Furman is 0-2, but they are not a bad football team.

walliver
September 15th, 2012, 02:43 PM
ACC refs are trying to make SoCon refs look good.

OL FU
September 15th, 2012, 02:49 PM
OFfense playing well. Defense can't come close to them. This is a different Clemson team than we have played in the past.xnodx

PaladinFan
September 15th, 2012, 02:50 PM
OFfense playing well. Defense can't come close to them. This is a different Clemson team than we have played in the past.xnodx

Watkins is a tough hombre. I'm just encouraged because Furman looks better than they did in weeks 1 and 2. I think Hannon is our guy.

OL FU
September 15th, 2012, 02:52 PM
Watkins is a tough hombre. I'm just encouraged because Furman looks better than they did in weeks 1 and 2. I think Hannon is our guy.

He looks good. Accurate and cool under fire. tight now if we stay under 50 it will be because the offense has kept the ball some.

PaladinFan
September 15th, 2012, 02:58 PM
Clemson's offense is about my least favorite in football. It is just too complicated.

PaladinFan
September 15th, 2012, 03:07 PM
Ah, furman and special teams miscues. What's new?

BisonBabe
September 15th, 2012, 03:15 PM
Furman on the scoreboard

OL FU
September 15th, 2012, 03:15 PM
Ah, furman and special teams miscues. What's new?

I don't usually do this but the play of Hanson makes you wonder if our record would be alot different if he had started all games:o

PaladinFan
September 15th, 2012, 03:16 PM
Pinch me. True freshman quarterback and he has played fantastically. Welcome to the future of Paladin football.

PaladinFan
September 15th, 2012, 03:16 PM
I don't usually do this but the play of Hanson makes you wonder if our record would be alot different if he had started all games:o

I have no doubt. Furman could just as easily be 2-0 as they are 0-2.

OL FU
September 15th, 2012, 03:17 PM
17-7 bad snap on the fg and nothing after we got within the 10 yeard line. Could easily be 17 all. Bummer

PaladinFan
September 15th, 2012, 03:21 PM
Not much you can do with Clemson. Furman is contesting their throws, they just have fantastic receivers.

PaladinFan
September 15th, 2012, 03:28 PM
Did I just read that right? Furman has 296 yards in the first half against the #11 team in the country?

OL FU
September 15th, 2012, 03:29 PM
Did I just read that right? Furman has 296 yards in the first half against the #11 team in the country?

I was about to post that I am guessing we have way over 200 closer to 250. 296 doesn't surprise me. We moved the ball. well just couldn't get in. of course that blown pass interference call didn't help

Reign of Terrier
September 15th, 2012, 03:30 PM
Furman's offense is scary. Even if they don't have points on the board.

OL FU
September 15th, 2012, 03:30 PM
Let me change that 296 does surprise me. Just watching the game and seeing how we moved the ball, the number doesn't surprise me

PaladinFan
September 15th, 2012, 03:31 PM
Furman's offense is scary. Even if they don't have points on the board.

Furman's got talent. It's amazing what happens when you stop kicking the ball around.

PaladinFan
September 15th, 2012, 03:33 PM
Let me change that 296 does surprise me. Just watching the game and seeing how we moved the ball, the number doesn't surprise me

Makes you think back to all of those radio calls where Derrick was just missing open receivers. There are just so many fewer dropped passes today. I imagine that is because the quarterback is putting the ball on their hands.

thirdgendin
September 15th, 2012, 03:38 PM
Furman has 235 yards of total offense, and it's not even trickery. That's a very good sign for us. The non-call on the first drive INT in the end zone and the botched FG were tough.

As far as when Clemson has the ball...well, the best defense is to not let them have the ball!

PaladinFan
September 15th, 2012, 03:39 PM
Furman has 235 yards of total offense, and it's not even trickery. That's a very good sign for us. The non-call on the first drive INT in the end zone and the botched FG were tough.

As far as when Clemson has the ball...well, the best defense is to not let them have the ball!

I liked Furman's pressure. If they are going to do all that English in the backfield, bring a linebacker right at the quarterback.

LarryBoy
September 15th, 2012, 03:45 PM
This is a very, very different team with Hannon under center. If he can keep this up and stay healthy, Furman will be able to play with anyone in the conference. The defensive secondary is all that's really holding us back at this point.

PaladinFan
September 15th, 2012, 03:47 PM
This is a very, very different team with Hannon under center. If he can keep this up and stay healthy, Furman will be able to play with anyone in the conference. The defensive secondary is all that's really holding us back at this point.

I completely agree. Furman put themselves in a hole early on this season, but the way the SoCon has been so far, I have no problem thinking Furman can get back in this race.

PaladinFan
September 15th, 2012, 03:53 PM
Hannon gets hit while throwing and chunks it right to the linebacker. Tough one.

OL FU
September 15th, 2012, 05:04 PM
Got ugly at the end. But the QB and the offensive performance gives me hope that the remainder of the season will not be like the first two games. Better beat PC. I can't remember the last time we went to Clinton to play. Probably before I was bornxconfusedx

PaladinFan
September 15th, 2012, 05:19 PM
In my book, Presbyterian starts this season anew. The world will look a lot differently with that first win. I think we are talented enough to make some noise.

OL FU
September 16th, 2012, 06:46 AM
In my book, Presbyterian starts this season anew. The world will look a lot differently with that first win. I think we are talented enough to make some noise.

The team better look at it that way also.