PDA

View Full Version : Vikings Cut Four I-AAers

TexasTerror
July 22nd, 2006, 09:44 AM
Four I-AAers released by Vikings...

Barrick Nealy (listed as a WR, though a QB for I-AA semifinalist Texas State-San Marcos last year) and Albert Stinson, the big OT from Jackson St were both cut by the Vikings...

Also, RJ Cobbs, a CB from UMass was released as well...and Kyle Smith, is a WR out of Youngstown St...

MINNESOTA VIKINGS - Released CB RJ Cobbs, WR Barrick Nealy, WR Kyle Smith and OT Albert Stinson.

smallcollegefbfan
July 22nd, 2006, 10:36 AM
Four I-AAers released by Vikings...

Barrick Nealy (listed as a WR, though a QB for I-AA semifinalist Texas State-San Marcos last year) and Albert Stinson, the big OT from Jackson St were both cut by the Vikings...

Also, RJ Cobbs, a CB from UMass was released as well...and Kyle Smith, is a WR out of Youngstown St...

MINNESOTA VIKINGS - Released CB RJ Cobbs, WR Barrick Nealy, WR Kyle Smith and OT Albert Stinson.

I hate to say it but that is not surprising. Stinson needed to lose weight and Nealy had never played WR in college before I believe. Smith was only signed because of his father IMO. Cobbs was good but I see him more in the CFL or NFL Europe right now. I hope they catch on playing ball somewhere!

JohnStOnge
July 22nd, 2006, 12:31 PM
I must admit that the fact that NFL teams don't think they can make a QB out of Nealy is something I would not have anticipated while watching him play last season. I just don't see how they can think he doesn't have the innate skills necessary and/or that he can't be developed.

kats89
July 22nd, 2006, 12:48 PM
Maybe not a NFL caliber QB? Just because of his size and what he did last year, doesn't necessarily mean he could be a NFL QB. He might have the size and the athleticism, but he ain't no Vince Young.

Now, are there some teams that should take a chance and try to develop him? Absolutely. He has the tools and there are very good QB coaches in the NFL.

There are plenty of college QB's with talent that never make it. Look at Dustin Long. We saw his capabilitlies at SHSU in 2004....

4,588 yds 39td's in one season.:eek:

didn't get a sniff.

Tod
July 22nd, 2006, 04:06 PM
I must admit that the fact that NFL teams don't think they can make a QB out of Nealy is something I would not have anticipated while watching him play last season. I just don't see how they can think he doesn't have the innate skills necessary and/or that he can't be developed.

Maybe he reminded them too much of their last I-AA QB, guy by the name of Culpepper. ;) ;)

Mr. C
July 22nd, 2006, 04:31 PM
Maybe not a NFL caliber QB? Just because of his size and what he did last year, doesn't necessarily mean he could be a NFL QB. He might have the size and the athleticism, but he ain't no Vince Young.

Now, are there some teams that should take a chance and try to develop him? Absolutely. He has the tools and there are very good QB coaches in the NFL.

There are plenty of college QB's with talent that never make it. Look at Dustin Long. We saw his capabilitlies at SHSU in 2004....

4,588 yds 39td's in one season.:eek:

didn't get a sniff.
There are no that Vince Young is going to be successful either. Nealy's best bet would be to develop his game in the CFL. He could be a star up north.

Chi Panther
July 22nd, 2006, 05:20 PM
Maybe he should try out for the Iowa Barnstormers......

kats89
July 23rd, 2006, 06:14 AM
There are no that Vince Young is going to be successful either. Nealy's best bet would be to develop his game in the CFL. He could be a star up north.

True.xcoffeex