PDA

View Full Version : Gocong Signs the Line for Eagles

TexasTerror
July 12th, 2006, 07:14 PM
This is definitely I-AA alum to look out for tis year. Congrats to Gocong for making it official! Good luck to him during his rookie year AND best of all, he'll be getting into groove at I-AA Lehigh...

Bloom, Gocong Sign Contracts
July 12, 2006
By DAVE SPADARO

And then there were three. The Eagles have all but three of their draft picks without contracts after signing both third-round pick Chris Gocong and fifth-rounder Jeremy Bloom to four-year contracts on Wednesday.

Five of the eight players drafted are signed.

Only No. 1 pick Brodrick Bunkley, second pick Winston Justice and fourth-round wide receiver Jason Avant are without contracts, but the Eagles remain confident they will be inked prior to next Thursday's July 20 reporting date at Lehigh University.

A third-round draft choice out of Cal Poly, Gocong (6-2, 263) set a I-AA single season record with 23.5 sacks in 2005, leading the nation in that category for the second consecutive season (he led the nation with 17.5 sacks as a junior). He was also selected as the All-Great West Conference defensive player of the year and was named as the recipient of the Buck Buchanan Award, which honors the top defensive player in I-AA football.

LB Chris Gocong had a storied collegiate career and looks to make an impact as a rookie

The 22-year-old Gocong finished his career with 212 tackles, 42 sacks and one interception. Since the NCAA started recording defensive stats in 2000, no other player has recorded more sacks in their career. His 61.5 tackles for a loss rank fourth in I-AA history.

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/homeNewsDetail.jsp?id=51039

blackfordpu
July 12th, 2006, 07:29 PM
It'll be interesting to see how much playing time he gets.

Best of luck to him.:hurray:

polyfanman
July 12th, 2006, 09:28 PM
:hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

LeopardFan04
July 13th, 2006, 12:29 AM
:hurray: I hope to cheer him on for a long time...:hurray:

July 13th, 2006, 04:02 PM
another I-AA king gets paid!

slostang
July 13th, 2006, 10:46 PM
He signed a four year $2.38 million contract. His singing bonus was $774,000. Chris is an even better person than he is a football player. He pledged money to Cal Poly's stadium project before he even signed his contract.

Go Poly
July 14th, 2006, 12:13 AM
He signed a four year $2.38 million contract. His singing bonus was $774,000. Chris is an even better person than he is a football player. He pledged money to Cal Poly's stadium project before he even signed his contract.

Pure class! Makes me feel good to have a fellow alumnus like him! Same with Beck! :hurray:

July 14th, 2006, 01:23 AM
Chris is all class. He also has a golden smile. If he gets the chance expect the best.

Grizo406
July 14th, 2006, 01:49 AM
I've never seen anything but class come out of Cal Poly, and that includes their fans.

It was a pleasure watching Mr. Gocong play, and I hope he lites up the NFL!

ngineer
July 14th, 2006, 10:00 PM
Looking forward to following him at Lehigh in a couple weeks. I'll be there on July 31 for a special all-day function for Lehigh alumni volunteers. They're having a raffle that will have a few 'lucky ones' get to be down on the practice field with Andy Reid. Breakfast/Lunch included, etc....:nod:

slostang
July 14th, 2006, 10:00 PM
I've never seen anything but class come out of Cal Poly, and that includes their fans.

It was a pleasure watching Mr. Gocong play, and I hope he lites up the NFL!
Thanks Grizo, I feel the same way about Montana. I am looking forward to going back to Missoula in November.

Go Poly
July 15th, 2006, 10:48 AM
Looking forward to following him at Lehigh in a couple weeks. I'll be there on July 31 for a special all-day function for Lehigh alumni volunteers. They're having a raffle that will have a few 'lucky ones' get to be down on the practice field with Andy Reid. Breakfast/Lunch included, etc....:nod:

ngineer...keep us updated on how Chris is doing in camp. Wish I could be there to watch the workouts! :(