PDA

View Full Version : bigger Homer: Tommy Bowman / Phil Kornblut ?

whoanellie
August 16th, 2012, 10:27 AM
at least they write on FCS but good grief

asumike83
August 16th, 2012, 10:48 AM
Are you suggesting that the Appalachian beat writer pulls for Appalachian?! Off with his head!

cbarrier90
August 16th, 2012, 11:09 AM
at least they write on FCS but good grief

Art thou mad, brethren?

Mr. C
August 16th, 2012, 03:54 PM
Tommy Bowman is a complete class act. Not only is he one of the top beat writers covering FCS, but he is also one of the most objective reporters I've ever met. Of course, it would have to be an Elon fan complaining. What are you referring to? Is this just a random attack, or do you have an actual story, or stories to balk about? There are guys covering the SoCon that I would consider homers, but Bowman is as far removed from that list as anyone. Your Burlington/Elon writer, Adam Smith, is another guy who does a real good job.

Eagle22
August 16th, 2012, 09:05 PM
Must be Kornblut, cause it sure isn't Bowman. I "worked" with Kornblut in the late 90's at Rivals and he can be a homer, but he also has a ton of contacts and is pretty plugged in.

Considering the length of time Bowman has spent covering Appalachian ....IMO he remains very objective and is always professional. Like Don Heath @ the Savannah News, he presents a very informed and balanced view of the team. I can only think of one or two writers covering SoCon teams that truly are unabashed homers.