PDA

View Full Version : Bowers Stadium upgrade complete

blackfordpu
August 15th, 2012, 10:03 AM
Orange Chairback Seats Completed

The installation of the new orange chairback seats at Elliott T. Bowers Stadium is complete and the new seating locations are going fast.
A total of 976 orange seats, each 22 inches wide with a special drinking cup holder attached, were installed the week of August 6-10.

With season ticket sales at an all-time high, less than 100 of the orange chairbacks still are available.

"For the third year in a row, Sam Houston football has set a new record for season ticket sales," associate athletic director for external relations David Paitson said. "With the momentum from last year's drive to the National Championship Game, season ticket sales will top 1,000 for the first time in Bearkat history."

Director of athletics Bobby Williams knows the importance of season ticket holders for the Sam Houston State University athletic program.

"Season ticket purchases generate income for all 17 of our sports programs," Williams said. "The revenue goes towards the basics of funding intercollegiate teams including scholarships, equipment, summer school and other important areas."

The opportunity to watch the No. 1 NCAA Division I Football Championship Subdivision (FCS) team in the nation in the comfort of the new orange chairback seats is not the only reason to purchase season tickets.

"Season ticket holders receive many advantages, the most important of which is first option on NCAA playoff tickets all the way through the post-season," Paitson said. "In addition, season ticket holders receive a free 2011 championship season highlight DVD and priority on tickets to road events including the contest at Baylor, BBVA Compass Stadium in Houston (home of the Dynamo) and Texas A&M."

Included in the season ticket package are games at Bowers Stadium Sept. 8 vs. Incarnate Word (Bearkat Family Weekend/Hillcrest Heroes), Oct. 20 vs. McNeese State (Homecoming) and Nov. 3 vs. Southeastern Louisiana. The package also includes the 87th "Battle of the Piney Woods" rivalry game presented by YP.com at Reliant Stadium in Houston Oct. 6.

http://www.gobearkats.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=92955&SPID=11345&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=205591511&DB_OEM_ID=19900

TheRevSFA
August 15th, 2012, 10:10 AM
Too bad they don't mention the forced donation when you purchase season tickets. :D

Still good for Bowers. Hopefully that will lead to other improvements that the stadium direly needs.

blackfordpu
August 15th, 2012, 12:57 PM
Too bad they don't mention the forced donation when you purchase season tickets. :D

Still good for Bowers. Hopefully that will lead to other improvements that the stadium direly needs.

It will be nice when they can finally get rid of the track.

Sammy94
August 15th, 2012, 12:59 PM
It will be nice when they can finally get rid of the track.

That will never happen. A new stadium will be in place before the track is gone.

TheRevSFA
August 15th, 2012, 01:10 PM
That will never happen. A new stadium will be in place before the track is gone.

Agree with this..same goes for SFA...

HailSzczur
August 15th, 2012, 01:26 PM
The seat back chair thing seems a little odd to me. Are these seats just in the endzone? (the picture wouldn't load all the way for me) I thought when seats like that it was usually closer to midfield, where the more expensive seats are.

MSUBear42
August 15th, 2012, 01:30 PM

Same with Missouri State, unless someone wants to donate the millions to lower the field

Nickels
August 15th, 2012, 01:57 PM
The seat back chair thing seems a little odd to me. Are these seats just in the endzone? (the picture wouldn't load all the way for me) I thought when seats like that it was usually closer to midfield, where the more expensive seats are.
they are on the home side upper mid field and they are very very orange...i never understood what the big deal was about having a track around the field. i kinda like it, it makes it easier to see the sideline area (and sammy). We have plenty of other room to expand if needed.

lionsrking2
August 15th, 2012, 02:50 PM

We finally got rid of ours thank God!

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k73/selulions/2012-07-02175117.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k73/selulions/2012-07-02175247.jpg

UNDColorado
August 15th, 2012, 03:04 PM
Nice looking field! Please forgive me for the dumb question but what school is this?

Sam_Kats
August 15th, 2012, 03:09 PM
Southeastern Louisiana

Za-KEE-uS
August 15th, 2012, 03:10 PM
Nice looking field! Please forgive me for the dumb question but what school is this?

Southeastern Louisiana University

lionsrking2
August 15th, 2012, 03:22 PM

Southeastern Louisiana ... our new turf is the actual surface that was in the Mercedes-Benz Superdome during the 2010 season ... the oddball stat of the year is that we are currently 0-1 on our new turf (lost to Tulane, 27-21), and it was a road game! Ha!

TheRevSFA
August 15th, 2012, 03:30 PM

Great looking field..too bad the team isn't so great.

lionsrking2
August 15th, 2012, 03:34 PM
Great looking field..too bad the team isn't so great.

Hide and watch.

TheRevSFA
August 15th, 2012, 03:34 PM
Hide and watch.

The day that you guys win the SLC, I'll actually be happy. I have no problem with the Lions.

Sam_Kats
August 15th, 2012, 03:45 PM
Field looks great.

McCowboys
August 15th, 2012, 07:17 PM
Orange Chairback Seats Completed

The installation of the new orange chairback seats at Elliott T. Bowers Stadium is complete and the new seating locations are going fast.
A total of 976 orange seats, each 22 inches wide with a special drinking cup holder attached, were installed the week of August 6-10.

With season ticket sales at an all-time high, less than 100 of the orange chairbacks still are available.

"For the third year in a row, Sam Houston football has set a new record for season ticket sales," associate athletic director for external relations David Paitson said. "With the momentum from last year's drive to the National Championship Game,[B][U] season ticket sales will top 1,000 for the first time in Bearkat history."

Director of athletics Bobby Williams knows the importance of season ticket holders for the Sam Houston State University athletic program.

"Season ticket purchases generate income for all 17 of our sports programs," Williams said. "The revenue goes towards the basics of funding intercollegiate teams including scholarships, equipment, summer school and other important areas."

The opportunity to watch the No. 1 NCAA Division I Football Championship Subdivision (FCS) team in the nation in the comfort of the new orange chairback seats is not the only reason to purchase season tickets.

"Season ticket holders receive many advantages, the most important of which is first option on NCAA playoff tickets all the way through the post-season," Paitson said. "In addition, season ticket holders receive a free 2011 championship season highlight DVD and priority on tickets to road events including the contest at Baylor, BBVA Compass Stadium in Houston (home of the Dynamo) and Texas A&M."

Included in the season ticket package are games at Bowers Stadium Sept. 8 vs. Incarnate Word (Bearkat Family Weekend/Hillcrest Heroes), Oct. 20 vs. McNeese State (Homecoming) and Nov. 3 vs. Southeastern Louisiana. The package also includes the 87th "Battle of the Piney Woods" rivalry game presented by YP.com at Reliant Stadium in Houston Oct. 6.

http://www.gobearkats.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=92955&SPID=11345&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=205591511&DB_OEM_ID=19900

Is that a typo? Topped 1,000?
I got a call from Coach Fritz earlier this evening, and he told me there were still chairback seats available. I don't know where he got my phone # from!

blackfordpu
August 15th, 2012, 08:38 PM
There are still seat backs available.