PDA

View Full Version : NDSU LB Dismissed from team

smallcollegefbfan
August 9th, 2012, 09:38 AM
North Dakota State University head football coach Craig Bohl announced today that linebacker Brandon Jemison has been dismissed from the team for violation of team rules. Jemison, a 6-foot-1, 217-pound senior from Fargo, N.D. (South H.S.), played in all 40 games during his first three years including 27 starts. He had 185 tackles in his career including 91 solos, nine tackles for loss, four forced fumbles and four fumble recoveries.

Professor Chaos
August 9th, 2012, 09:42 AM
Not good moreso from a team perspective than a personnel perspective. He should've been a senior leader on a team that only had 8 seniors before this happened. They'll be fine at LB but to have a senior do something that justifies dismissal from the team is pretty disconcerting.

MplsBison
August 9th, 2012, 09:43 AM
He was not going to be a major contributor at LB this season, sounds like, due to his continued battling with injuries.

But probably still could've used him on special teams. Too bad and sorry to hear it.

MplsBison
August 9th, 2012, 09:43 AM
Not good moreso from a team perspective than a personnel perspective. He should've been a senior leader on a team that only had 8 seniors before this happened. They'll be fine at LB but to have a senior do something that justifies dismissal from the team is pretty disconcerting.

Drugs? DUI? Or no one knows anything yet?

BisonHype!
August 9th, 2012, 09:44 AM
Dangit. Damn kids doing stupid crap. Why do something that puts your eligibility in question? smh

Professor Chaos
August 9th, 2012, 09:46 AM
Drugs? DUI? Or no one knows anything yet?
Not sure, I'm guessing it'll stay that way unless the sleuths at the Fargo Forum go digging.

BisonHype!
August 9th, 2012, 09:50 AM
Not sure, I'm guessing it'll stay that way unless the sleuths at the Fargo Forum go digging.

Where is Lakes with the undercover scoop? xholyx

BisonBacker
August 9th, 2012, 09:54 AM
I'm sure whatever he did will be front page news in the Fargo Foolum for at least a week or more.

MplsBison
August 9th, 2012, 09:57 AM
I'm sure whatever he did will be front page news in the Fargo Foolum for at least a week or more.

Getting kicked off the team for rules violation is something that people should get to hear about why it happened.

Internal stuff, where the kid just gets a warning - I agree, keep it out of the media.

BisonBacker
August 9th, 2012, 09:57 AM
Geez bad news travels fast
http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2012/aug/09/ndsu-senior-linebacker-jemison-dismissed-from/

MplsBison
August 9th, 2012, 09:58 AM
Geez bad news travels fast
http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2012/aug/09/ndsu-senior-linebacker-jemison-dismissed-from/

Well the horses were running all last night to deliver the scrolls...

Professor Chaos
August 9th, 2012, 10:31 AM
Getting kicked off the team for rules violation is something that people should get to hear about why it happened.

Internal stuff, where the kid just gets a warning - I agree, keep it out of the media.
Those who have a stake in the NDSU football team should know why it happened (the players and staff). Fans should not be entitled to that information any more than we're entitled to know what goes on in a closed practice or behind closed doors in team meetings. If he did something against the law it will be available via public records and we will know. If not, then we won't. As a fan, we have every right to stop donating money or stop going to games if we don't like how the team is being run, just as if we don't like the win/loss total. So if fans want to do that to protest the football teams lack of transparency on this that's their right but I don't think the team is obligated to release any more information publicly than they already did.

MplsBison
August 9th, 2012, 10:42 AM
Those who have a stake in the NDSU football team should know why it happened (the players and staff). Fans should not be entitled to that information any more than we're entitled to know what goes on in a closed practice or behind closed doors in team meetings. If he did something against the law it will be available via public records and we will know. If not, then we won't. As a fan, we have every right to stop donating money or stop going to games if we don't like how the team is being run, just as if we don't like the win/loss total. So if fans want to do that to protest the football teams lack of transparency on this that's their right but I don't think the team is obligated to release any more information publicly than they already did.

Good post.

Nevertheless, typically in Bohl's tenure it's had to been something like DUI or drug possession to actually get dismissed from the team. Those should be public info.

darell1976
August 9th, 2012, 11:44 AM
Nothing new from WDAY's Dom Izzo on Twitter:
LB depth for #NDSU was going to be tested before season,with Jemison gone this puts more strain on unit,possible true frosh could play there

http://twitter.com/domizzowday