PDA

View Full Version : Upstate AGS/CS.Com Get Together September 6?

Pages : 1 [2]

ASUG8
August 16th, 2012, 09:00 AM
I did some recon at Carolina Ale House last night with a Terrier fan and can report that the beer choices were cold and plentiful.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 16th, 2012, 01:24 PM
I did some recon at Carolina Ale House last night with a Terrier fan and can report that the beer choices were cold and plentiful.
Excellent work. Sounds like it's primed for an attack.

Grizo406
August 20th, 2012, 10:06 PM
So far, many terrific eating/drinking places have been mentioned for both Greenville and Boone.

Country ham can only get me so far, but after that, I look for some good, quality molluscs, crustaceans, and echinoderms that I truly love! They are very limited/non-existent in the Missoula area.

On this upcoming trip, I'll probably be eating by myself a lot, so any suggestions on a good seafood place, be it Greenville or Boone, would be appreciated...

AshevilleApp2
August 21st, 2012, 07:55 AM
So far, many terrific eating/drinking places have been mentioned for both Greenville and Boone.

Country ham can only get me so far, but after that, I look for some good, quality molluscs, crustaceans, and echinoderms that I truly love! They are very limited/non-existent in the Missoula area.

On this upcoming trip, I'll probably be eating by myself a lot, so any suggestions on a good seafood place, be it Greenville or Boone, would be appreciated...

Can't speak for Greenville at all. In Boone you can try out Mikes Inland Seafood. Not as good as places on the coast, but pretty good food. (Or used to be.) That's the only seafood place I can recall in Boone. Others may have opened in the years since I moved away though.

OL FU
August 22nd, 2012, 07:41 AM
molluscs, crustaceans, and echinoderms

Can I find those on the aisle with peanut butter and jellyxconfusedx

OL FU
August 22nd, 2012, 07:44 AM
Not sure when you guys are going to get in but if you are looking for dinner I have a suggestion. It will be a 10 mile or so drive out of Greenville into BMW territory, Greer.

http://www.caferivera.net/

Lots of variety with a Carribean flare. Bruce is an excellent chef. The entrees are wonderful but he does something most don't. Desserts are all made at the restaurant. You won't be disappointed.

Also, doesn't hurt that the owners are friends of mine.xthumbsupx

ASUG8
August 22nd, 2012, 08:24 AM

If you're feeling spendy, try Nantucket Seafood Grille downtown Greenville.
www.nantucketseafoodgrill.com/

If you want Southern style food, try one of these guys. I'm sure they'll have shrimp and grits which is much better than it sounds. Before any of the Charleston crowd chimes in, most of the Greenville seafood fare is Charleston/Low Country inspired. xnodx

www.sobys.com

www.sassafrasbistro.com

OL FU
August 22nd, 2012, 09:03 AM
If you're feeling spendy, try Nantucket Seafood Grille downtown Greenville.
www.nantucketseafoodgrill.com/

If you want Southern style food, try one of these guys. I'm sure they'll have shrimp and grits which is much better than it sounds. Before any of the Charleston crowd chimes in, most of the Greenville seafood fare is Charleston/Low Country inspired. xnodx

www.sobys.com

www.sassafrasbistro.com

G8, I know you live so close to all the eats in Greenville so a trip to Greer sounds strange. but I know you like good eats. Honestly try Rivera's sometime. Ask fro Bruce or Lucinda and tell them I sent you.

ASUG8
August 22nd, 2012, 09:11 AM
G8, I know you live so close to all the eats in Greenville so a trip to Greer sounds strange. but I know you like good eats. Honestly try Rivera's sometime. Ask fro Bruce or Lucinda and tell them I sent you.

Hard to argue with the advice of a local legend. xsmileyclapxxbowx

OL FU
August 22nd, 2012, 09:21 AM

:o You are so full of it:)

Grizo406
August 22nd, 2012, 07:50 PM
:o You are so full of it:)

Thanks for the info!

But, in about 2 weeks, you're gonna' meet a group of Griz fans that'll take the "You are so full of it!" statement to a level you never thought possible!

Trust me on this one!!

OL FU
August 23rd, 2012, 09:26 AM
Thanks for the info!

But, in about 2 weeks, you're gonna' meet a group of Griz fans that'll take the "You are so full of it!" statement to a level you never thought possible!

Trust me on this one!!

I would never doubt you (can't get the emoticons to work)

ursus arctos horribilis
August 23rd, 2012, 01:14 PM
What? The emoticons don't work?

xchinscratchx..

dungeonjoe
August 23rd, 2012, 08:17 PM
local legend=the warrants are still outstanding.

ASUG8
August 23rd, 2012, 09:12 PM
local legend=the warrants are still outstanding.

He did leave town, ya know.......

He's like Clyde with a string of former Bonnies.

dungeonjoe
August 23rd, 2012, 09:25 PM
Yeah, I figured he headed to a country with no extradition treaties. Where has he gone?

ASUG8
August 23rd, 2012, 09:26 PM
Yeah, I figured he headed to a country with no extradition treaties. Where has he gone?

To the land of the exiled, Georgia methinks.

dungeonjoe
August 23rd, 2012, 09:37 PM

Georgia? He is either in love or broke and evading creditors...

Grizo406
August 23rd, 2012, 10:48 PM

What are the chances of you making it to the Greenville Meet & Greet deal, dj?

As long as I get to visit/meet with OL FU for awhile, I should be fine! But, having you show up would be great!

OL FU
August 24th, 2012, 06:26 AM

Believe me in love and broke aren't mutually exclusive

OL FU
August 26th, 2012, 12:25 PM

Well, it was the prison colony

Mr. C
August 26th, 2012, 02:47 PM
What are the chances of you making it to the Greenville Meet & Greet deal, dj?

As long as I get to visit/meet with OL FU for awhile, I should be fine! But, having you show up would be great!

I may have to personally kick OL FU's butt if i make it all the way down there and he doesn't show up. Either that, or force him to read the Furman chapters of "Magic on the Mountain."

tractorapp
August 26th, 2012, 05:13 PM
OL, living in Campobello we pass thru Greer often. Wife and I have already agreedd to give Rivera's a try, probably next weekend. Thanks for the tip.

OL FU
August 27th, 2012, 06:17 AM
I may have to personally kick OL FU's butt if i make it all the way down there and he doesn't show up. Either that, or force him to read the Furman chapters of "Magic on the Mountain."

I will be there. Even more certain now that I know you are attendingxthumbsupx

BTW, while I might grimace the entire way through, the Furman chapters are the only ones I would read:p

OL FU
August 27th, 2012, 06:18 AM
OL, living in Campobello we pass thru Greer often. Wife and I have already agreedd to give Rivera's a try, probably next weekend. Thanks for the tip.

Great, you won't regret it. Tell 'em Eddie said hi.

AshevilleApp2
August 30th, 2012, 10:40 AM
Bump.

This is what we have with a week to go. Anybody else want to join the fun?

This is what we have so far for Greenville.

In

Ursus
KNUTS
Grizo406
alphagriz1
Ellsworthgriz
Griz0383
AA2
Appaholic
ASUG8
drpnut
tractor app
apaladin
BR54Niner
OL FU
The Older Gentleman
Ms. ASUG8 (If work schedule allows)
AppAlum 2003
Mr.C

In?

Death Dealer
asumike83
Citdog

Out But Not Forgotten

Dungeon Joe
OB55
Catamount Man

ursus arctos horribilis
August 30th, 2012, 01:23 PM
It's gonna be a hell of a good time.

ASUG8
August 30th, 2012, 01:49 PM
If you can get me a Griz sticker I'll adorn my black ASU tailgate cooler with it.

ASUMountaineer
August 30th, 2012, 01:52 PM
If you can get me a Griz sticker I'll adorn my black ASU tailgate cooler with it.

I'd second that, I'd be proud to throw up a Griz sticker.

Grizo406
August 30th, 2012, 05:25 PM
Don't worry about the stickers, guys...we'll bring some! And by saying: "we'll bring some!", I mean it'll probably be me doing it!

Reason being is that it will take a bit of responsibility, and effort to make a trip to the UM Book Store to pick out the appropriate stickers for our very fine hosts! Not to disrespect my friends and travel partners, but none of 'em knows what responsibility & effort means. So, once again, when these three slack-jawed, malcontents want something done, and done right, they call me!

Because it's for my second favorite fan base, I'll be happy to do it, and ya'all will get your stickers!xnodx

Now, on to the really important stuff...

I'm packing light for this trip, and not really worried about what to wear. But I have ran into a problem with what Air Jordans I should wear/bring. Might sound trivial to most of you, but it isn't for me! I'd appreciate some help...as painful as it might be for some to offer, I like to hear your input.

I'm thinkin' possibly the AJ Black Cement 3's, AJ Banned 1's, AJ Bin 23 5's, AJ 11 Concords, AJ White Cement 4's. Not all of them for such a short trip, but this is what I've got it narrowed down to so far.

If you have a favorite Air Jordan that you'd like to see me wear and it's not on the above list, please mention it...I probably have it, and will entertain your suggestion. If you don't want to post it in an open forum, I'll understand...just send me a PM.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 30th, 2012, 05:48 PM
JEEEEEE
ZZUUUZZZZ

CHRIST.

I swear to god, I don't know how you haven't been punched 24/7.

There is no justice in this world.

Grizo406
August 30th, 2012, 06:28 PM
JEEEEEE
ZZUUUZZZZ

CHRIST.

I swear to god, I don't know how you haven't been punched 24/7.

There is no justice in this world.

Not the kind of feedback I was looking for, but opinions vary...simple minds like yours remain constant, and I got your "justice" hangin', pal!xlovex

ursus arctos horribilis
August 30th, 2012, 07:04 PM
Not the kind of feedback I was looking for, but opinions vary...simple minds like yours remain constant, and I got your "justice" hangin', pal!xlovex

I've got more draggin' than you got hangin' so shut it.

Grizo406
August 30th, 2012, 08:03 PM
I've got more draggin' than you got hangin' so shut it.

I've got bigger fish to fry at this point in time to fully address your 9th grade & silly post, so I'd suggest you shut it at your earliest possible convenience, Buster!

Which Air Jordan's to bring/wear isn't my only conundrum for this trip! I realized I've yet to decide on which flashlight(s) to bring! Jeeze, now I'm faced with questions I'm not sure I wanna' answer!

How many should I bring? How big a light source will I need to navigate the streets & alleys of Greenville, and Boone? Are either/both of these fine cities lumen intolerant? Will I be able to bring them on the plane with batteries?

The guy's I'm traveling with have NEVER been accused of being the brightest in anything. So, I hope anyone reading this will understand why I'm so concerned about having something with me that'll help me light the way, and control & plot my journey through the darkness.

KNUTS
August 31st, 2012, 12:05 AM
I've got bigger fish to fry at this point in time to fully address your 9th grade & silly post, so I'd suggest you shut it at your earliest possible convenience, Buster!

Which Air Jordan's to bring/wear isn't my only conundrum for this trip! I realized I've yet to decide on which flashlight(s) to bring! Jeeze, now I'm faced with questions I'm not sure I wanna' answer!

How many should I bring? How big a light source will I need to navigate the streets & alleys of Greenville, and Boone? Are either/both of these fine cities lumen intolerant? Will I be able to bring them on the plane with batteries?

The guy's I'm traveling with have NEVER been accused of being the brightest in anything. So, I hope anyone reading this will understand why I'm so concerned about having something with me that'll help me light the way, and control & plot my journey through the darkness.

Says the guy that needed me to book his ticket...

Grizo406
August 31st, 2012, 06:57 PM
Says the guy that needed me to book his ticket...

You're absolutely right, KNUTS, and it was a grave oversight on my part!

When I made post #280/284 in this thread, I was a bit over come with worry about my Air Jordan/flashlight problem and forgot to add a few very important sentences. So, here they are now: "Concerning my above yammering(s), in no way, shape or form was I referring to KNUTS! I've always found him to be loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, and cheerful! And, when I want something done, and done right, I'll call KNUTS! He'll get the job done!".

That's how posts #280/284 should have read, but being the self-centered, shallow, hypocritical prick that I am, it didn't turn out that way, and it's most definitely my bad!

FWIW, I'll even have a sticker for you!

KNUTS
September 1st, 2012, 12:35 AM
You're absolutely right, KNUTS, and it was a grave oversight on my part!

When I made post #280/284 in this thread, I was a bit over come with worry about my Air Jordan/flashlight problem and forgot to add a few very important sentences. So, here they are now: "Concerning my above yammering(s), in no way, shape or form was I referring to KNUTS! I've always found him to be loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, and cheerful! And, when I want something done, and done right, I'll call KNUTS! He'll get the job done!".

That's how posts #280/284 should have read, but being the self-centered, shallow, hypocritical prick that I am, it didn't turn out that way, and it's most definitely my bad!

FWIW, I'll even have a sticker for you!

Apology accepted. I'll even let the other 279 posts in this thread slide and chalk it up to the excitement of seeing your mother who lives near Boone if im not mistaken

Appaholic
September 1st, 2012, 11:55 AM
Apology accepted. I'll even let the other 279 posts in this thread slide and chalk it up to the excitement of seeing your mother who lives near Boone if im not mistaken

Grizo's mom lives near Boone? Really? Is her name Stormie?

Grizo406
September 1st, 2012, 08:40 PM
Grizo's mom lives near Boone? Really? Is her name Stormie?

Grizo's mom lives in Franklin, her name is Dorothy828, and she's 12 years older than him.xcoffeex

apaladin
September 1st, 2012, 10:01 PM
What time do festivities begin Thursday?

KNUTS
September 3rd, 2012, 07:55 PM
What time do festivities begin Thursday?

Unless I missed something, my comprehension skills arent all that great from the weekend, but I went back through the thread and didnt see a time but we are planning on being at the Carolina Ale House @ 7pm unless someone has a better idea.

OL FU
September 4th, 2012, 05:43 AM
Unless I missed something, my comprehension skills arent all that great from the weekend, but I went back through the thread and didnt see a time but we are planning on being at the Carolina Ale House @ 7pm unless someone has a better idea.

I'll have to talk to TOG but my guess is we might be there a little earlier. Probably 6 to 6:30.

AshevilleApp2
September 4th, 2012, 07:39 AM
I'll have to talk to TOG but my guess is we might be there a little earlier. Probably 6 to 6:30.

That's what I was thinking as well. I'm old and get cranky when I've been up too long.

OL FU
September 4th, 2012, 08:33 AM
That's what I was thinking as well. I'm old and get cranky when I've been up too long.

I know the feeling, but I am only cranky when I am awakexnodx

MarkCCU
September 4th, 2012, 12:25 PM
Booked hotel room for Boone. I'm leaving Charleston around 1230/1300. ETA to Boone is approx. 1800. You all have been warned. Staying at some ****ty motel a mile from the stadium, I hope I don't get raped, murdered or both. Ursus and ASUG8 have my contact info. Please let me know what hte plans are for Friday. I'm easy.

Grizo, I don't think you should worry about which AJ's to bring. But i'd leave the assless chaps at home.

Mountaineer
September 4th, 2012, 12:46 PM
Is the Friday night Murphys meet up still a go? Seeing as I've never been invited to anyone's tailgate *sniff*, that may be the only time I get a chance to meet a few Grizzers and other assorted sundry (like Mark) in person. :D

T-Dog
September 4th, 2012, 01:10 PM
Booked hotel room for Boone. I'm leaving Charleston around 1230/1300. ETA to Boone is approx. 1800. You all have been warned. Staying at some ****ty motel a mile from the stadium, I hope I don't get raped, murdered or both.

Red Roof Inn or Boone Trail Motel?

MarkCCU
September 4th, 2012, 01:58 PM
Red Roof. I only need a place to sleep and it was cheap.

I'm up for anything Friday night.

Mr. C
September 5th, 2012, 05:12 PM
Booked hotel room for Boone. I'm leaving Charleston around 1230/1300. ETA to Boone is approx. 1800. You all have been warned. Staying at some ****ty motel a mile from the stadium, I hope I don't get raped, murdered or both. Ursus and ASUG8 have my contact info. Please let me know what hte plans are for Friday. I'm easy.

Grizo, I don't think you should worry about which AJ's to bring. But i'd leave the assless chaps at home.

You might get raped, or murdered by the bugs roaming around in there.

Mr. C
September 5th, 2012, 05:14 PM

Are any of the participants getting together any earlier? Ursus? Citdog? Anyone? Mr. C will be leaving earlier in the day from Boone and heading down the mountain. Let me know if anyone wants to get together early.

Also what are the directions once in Greenville to the Carolina Ale House?

apaladin
September 5th, 2012, 05:17 PM
Unfortunately I am probably going to be a no show at the Thursday Greenville get together. Have to be at work at 3AM and probably won't finish until 5PM. Still might try to make it but it's not looking good. Y'all have fun!!

ASUG8
September 5th, 2012, 06:20 PM
Are any of the participants getting together any earlier? Ursus? Citdog? Anyone? Mr. C will be leaving earlier in the day from Boone and heading down the mountain. Let me know if anyone wants to get together early.

Check your PM's.

apaladin
September 5th, 2012, 09:42 PM

It is almost directly across from the Westin Poinsett Hotel on South Main. If you are coming from Asheville take Hwy 25 straight into town to Main and take a right. About 4 blocks on your left. If coming down I-85 take I-385 to downtown, you will go by the Bilo Center(Arena) and take a left on Main at the Hyatt Regency Hotel. About 5-6 blocks on your left. The Carolina Ale House is 2 stories with retractable roof that will be open and easily seen weather permitting.

Mr. C
September 6th, 2012, 01:28 AM
For all that will be there, Mr. C is planning on some nice, little giveaways, courtesy of College Sports Journal. I'll also be able to do book signings of Magic on the Mountain for anyone who is interested. If anyone is interested, also, Mr. C will trade a signed copy of the book for anyone willing to trade Mini-Helmets from any FCS teams. Still need Furman, Wofford, Montana, Georgia Southern and others for my collection. I'm looking forward to a very fun night and it will be great to meet many of you in person for the first time and to see some of you again. I'm also looking forward to entertaining anyone who makes it up for the weekend.

Thanks also for the directions. I'm sure others will benefit as well from this.

AshevilleApp2
September 6th, 2012, 07:58 AM

Murphy's on King Street, starting sometime around 6-7.

AshevilleApp2
September 6th, 2012, 07:58 AM
Is the Friday night Murphys meet up still a go? Seeing as I've never been invited to anyone's tailgate *sniff*, that may be the only time I get a chance to meet a few Grizzers and other assorted sundry (like Mark) in person. :D

Murphy's is still a go. I think.

MarkCCU
September 6th, 2012, 01:14 PM
Murphys on King Street. Got it. I will be there. Tha'ts 1.4 miles from the hotel. An easy walk.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 6th, 2012, 05:07 PM
Murphy's is on tomorrow (Friday) night at 7p in Boone.

Tonight at 7p we are at Carloina Ale House in Greensville.

We got in and settled about 8p last night and just had a hell of a good time at the City Tavern and had a ton of food and drinks. Alpha & Kuts stayed til close and I think the other 4 of us got home around midnight. God damn we've had a good time here in a short 24 hrs.

Partied last night...a lot more to this story but we'll wait and spill all the details with KNUTS & Alpha at the get together tonight.

Got up slowly this morning and got rolling about 10a and headed to Tommy's Ham House and had one of the most wonderful experiences there I've ever had for breakfast. Tommy came over and talked to us, we met a couple of the FU coaches, and just had the best time and good ol' fashioned food you could ask for. Got pictures with Tommy. What an awesome dude.

Went To Furman checked out the stadium, took pics, went down on the field and just had a great time taking a beutiful campus.

Then on to Wofford where we were doing the same and seeing their field which is one of the finest mainicured football field I've ever seen. Then everybody was getting ready to load up and I asked one of the grounds keepers where I would go to meet the legendary Mike Ayers. He pointed me in the doors and me and Grizo walked right through.

We went in and walked upstairs to the coaches offices and met some of those guys but Coach Ayers was not in. They were some of the coolest, nicest people I've ever run across. Talking football, FCS, etc. Then coach Shiel Wood had to attend to other business but asked one of the guys to give us a tour of the locker rooms and so forth. It was very cool and we talked to the equipment guys and just had a hell of a good time talking with all of those fine people.

What a great place and a great group of people. I hit both bookstores and bought some nice gear from both places. Gotta tell ya if you talk to again about Wofford not belonging or that they don't fit because it doesn't work with your view of what football should be at this level then I will know for a fact that I am conversing with an asshole.

I'd be proud to people and a program like that amongst my own.

We haven't even been here for 24 hrs. yet and I am having the time of my life here. What a great place.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 6th, 2012, 05:10 PM
Oh and Grizo said it best when we were getting on the elevator to go back to our rooms for an hour or two before tonights festivities.
He said:
"I can not beging to tell you how much I would have regretted not making this trip after seeing just one of Alpha's pics or videos from this thing so far...I wouldn't be able to live with myself."

Mr. C
September 6th, 2012, 10:48 PM
Greenville will never be the same after the Griz invasion down here tonight.

T-Dog
September 6th, 2012, 10:59 PM
Remember the map.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f271/tdog231x/App/wnc.png

MarkCCU
September 7th, 2012, 07:05 AM
Remember the map.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f271/tdog231x/App/wnc.png

Deliverence was filmed in a few locations in SC as weel. Wasn't Sylvia that run down town? A lot was done around Clayton, Ga. I've been to that town, it's a great hiking spot with a gorge and beautiful waterfalls.

ASUG8
September 7th, 2012, 07:23 AM
No doubt these guys are making the most of their time. Getting behind the scenes at Wofford and Furman was pretty cool to hear about.

We got lucky and the rain held off so they were able to open the retractable roof on the Carolina Ale House so the UM boys could get a taste of that nice SC humidity. Virtually no trash talking between the two groups which I thought spoke volumes about the level of respect we have for the talent of the teams. The brews were flowing with the conversation and I unfortunately had to punch out at 11 so I could actually be somebody at work today. It appeared that the Griz guys were headed back to City Tavern for more punishment from the 190 octane Tiger in the Tank drinks, so I hope that went well.xrotatehx Watch out Boone, the Griz are truly animals.

Great meeting the Griz crew last night as well as catching up with AshevilleApp2, OL FU, Mr. C (thanks for the book xbowx), apaladin, and Appaholic. The Grizo is as legendary as you've all heard, Ursus was his usual witty self, Knuts is a cool character, and Alphagriz wasn't as tall or dark as I expected (xlolx) but a great guy. I apologize to the twins (I thought I was seeing double all night :D) and Troy for not knowing your screen names but had a blast talking to you guys as well. Looking forward to what I believe will be an epic weekend.

Gil Dobie
September 7th, 2012, 07:24 AM
Deliverence was filmed in a few locations in SC as weel. Wasn't Sylvia that run down town? A lot was done around Clayton, Ga. I've been to that town, it's a great hiking spot with a gorge and beautiful waterfalls.

I went white-water rafting on one of the rivers that it was filmed on. Border of SC and GA.

MarkCCU
September 7th, 2012, 07:30 AM
I went white-water rafting on one of the rivers that it was filmed on. Border of SC and GA.

The Chattooga River is a good one.

caribbeanhen
September 7th, 2012, 07:41 AM
If Mr. C is able to get down the mountain from Boone, he will make an appearance. Might even be able to sign some books for all of the Furman fans that will be there. I bet OL FU understands that.

sign books? Mr. C, are you famous or something?

T-Dog
September 7th, 2012, 08:25 AM
I just realized something really important.

Montana people have no idea what Cookout is.

They're need to find out tonight sometime after midnight.

ASUMountaineer
September 7th, 2012, 12:50 PM

AMEN!

ASUG8
September 7th, 2012, 01:15 PM

Thanks T-Dog - I've been doing pretty well watching what I eat recently until I read your post - chili cheeseburger plate went down too easily at lunch.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 7th, 2012, 01:25 PM
So we pull in to the Auto Zone in Hickory and this guy in the alley yells at me. I walk over and after some backwoods wheelin and dealin I was able to buy the lawnmower that ran over Armantis foot a few years back. It was signed by AE and everything.

Now all I have to do if figure out how to get it on the plane.

Super score.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

MarkCCU
September 7th, 2012, 02:21 PM
I think Travis is here. I saw some uppity white guy and a Chinaman holding hands walking down Blowing Rock Rd. WTF!?

apaladin
September 7th, 2012, 09:14 PM
I'm glad I was able to make the Greenville get together last nite. Enjoyed meeting everyone. Good luck to all on Saturday!

OL FU
September 9th, 2012, 07:06 AM
Late to to the party guys. It was very very very good to meet all the Montana folks. Very very very good to see all the others again. Apaladin, definitely glad you made it. Hope to see you there next time. Nice to finally meet you Mr. C. Hope we can do it again

Grizo, you make me laugh

Grizo406
September 14th, 2012, 11:05 PM
Speaking of late to the party!??!

I thought this thread had petered out, and didn't check it for a few days. Seems like I missed some great posts, and should have been a bit more attentive!

I'm in the process of compiling a list of the posters that we met, along with my thoughts on said posters, and our trip. Until I have ALL the names, I don't want to say anything...for fear of leaving someone out.

Ursus summed up my thoughts pretty well! I'm old, and cranky as ****, but in my old & crankiness, I can't remember EVER having such an absolutely great time! A lot of that had to do with the guys I was traveling with...guys that are usually complete a$$holes at home, but friends that are most definitely brothers from another mother!

Great hospitality, street signs in hotel rooms, bronze statue blow jobs, Waffle House at 3:30AM, Booneshine in various flavors, $7 shots of Jager, cheese fries @ Murphy's, 190 Tiger, the drive through window @ the Boone McDonald's...and so very many more things! What's not to love about an experience like that?!!?

If anyone is planning on a vacation in the near future, and the above things on are on the itinerary, I'd suggest booking that trip ASAP!

You'll have the time of your life...especially if the stops include Greenville, SC, and Boone, NC!!