PDA

View Full Version : Rice signs with Denver

mlbowl
May 25th, 2005, 12:18 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7615190/

He's one of my favorite players but I'm thinking enough is enough

Ivytalk
May 25th, 2005, 01:32 PM
I agree, mlb. Hey, Mr. Rice, hang up those spikes.

eaglefan452
May 25th, 2005, 02:24 PM
Fans get upset when an athlete retires still in his prime, and they get upset when an athlete hangs on too long. If they guy can still play (which I don't think he would continue doing if he knew he couldn't hack it) who are we to say when he should retire?

mlbowl
May 25th, 2005, 02:40 PM
Fans get upset when an athlete retires still in his prime, and they get upset when an athlete hangs on too long. If they guy can still play (which I don't think he would continue doing if he knew he couldn't hack it) who are we to say when he should retire?

Like I said....I'm a Jerry Rice fan but I'm not sure he can hack it anymore. I think it's pretty evident in his lack of playing time......and a side note, he's competing for 4th on the depth chart......not a ringing endorsement for continuing, IMO

Rabbitlivinginverm
May 25th, 2005, 04:51 PM
Take a look at his stats from the Raiders super bowl year and tell me he can't hack it. 90 catches, 1200 yards, that was in 2002--not too bad for an old man. Then the Raiders began phasing him out of the offense. He's not what he was 3 years ago, but, I wouldn't bet against him.