PDA

View Full Version : David Boler (Delaware) Declared FA

TexasTerror
June 19th, 2006, 06:21 AM
Best of luck to David Boler in the NFL. He had some good numbers during his time in Delaware and perhaps that can translate to success in the NFL...

MORE SUPPLEMENTAL DRAFT

# The league office has determined that former Delaware wide receiver David Boler will be a free agent. A transfer from USC, Boler suffered a knee injury during seven-on-seven drills last July, but he has been running in the 4.5-second range in the 40 once again while training in Delaware. Boler has good size (6-2, 205) and caught 152 passes for 2,108 yards and 15 touchdowns during his three-year run at the Division I-AA program. His agent, Mike Boyer, plans to set up a private workout for interested teams in the next few weeks.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jm-supplemental061806&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

GannonFan
June 19th, 2006, 08:33 AM
Never know if he will find a place somewhere - he's a decent receiver, good hands and decent size. His speed in the NFL won't be overwhelming so he'll need to be a good route runner. Shame he missed his last year in college but injuries happen. Could be a sleeper WR for someone out there.

MR. CHICKEN
June 19th, 2006, 03:20 PM
GO GET 'EM..DAVEY......................AWK!

blukeys
June 19th, 2006, 06:52 PM
Never know if he will find a place somewhere - he's a decent receiver, good hands and decent size. His speed in the NFL won't be overwhelming so he'll need to be a good route runner. Shame he missed his last year in college but injuries happen. Could be a sleeper WR for someone out there.

I also liked his body control. He could catch the pass while someone was wrapped around him. I think he also has a chance in the Arena League.

smallcollegefbfan
June 25th, 2006, 08:32 AM
This talk about Boler has me curious who the top NFL prospects are this season. I have seen that UC Davis OT Eliot Vallejo is ranked highly along with UNH WR David Ball and MVSU WR Tyrone Timmons. Anyone else out there getting a lot of attention?

I saw where former Maryland QB Joel Statham will either end up at JSU or in the supplemental draft. Do any JSU fans know an update on his situation?

Mr. C
July 3rd, 2006, 11:19 AM
Did Bolar not try to come back for an extra year? Did the NCAA turn down a request for another year?

blukeys
July 3rd, 2006, 12:02 PM
Did Bolar not try to come back for an extra year? Did the NCAA turn down a request for another year?

Boler's request was denied.

Mr. C
July 3rd, 2006, 01:57 PM
Ouch. You hate seeing guys will legitimate injuries get denied another year, particularly when a lot of guys get sixth years. You've got to feel bad for Bolar. He was quite a receiver.

umassfan
July 4th, 2006, 01:11 AM
Ouch. You hate seeing guys will legitimate injuries get denied another year, particularly when a lot of guys get sixth years. You've got to feel bad for Bolar. He was quite a receiver.
Didnt Bolar redshirt at USC therefore giving up his shot at a 6th year.

GannonFan
July 5th, 2006, 08:37 AM

Yup - the NCAA is pretty clear about that - if you redshirt for a non-medical reason, you are extremely unlikely to get another year should you lose a year to injury after that. Definitely one of the downsides to taking a redshirt year if you aren't hurt. Reading the NCAA regs on this, it was never a good chance that he would get a waiver anyway. Such is life.

smallcollegefbfan
July 5th, 2006, 11:42 AM

You hate to see that. He certainly would have been the leader. Now it looks like Cauthen will have to be the go-to guy. It is spelled Boler, not Bolar, isn't it?

GannonFan
July 5th, 2006, 11:56 AM
You hate to see that. He certainly would have been the leader. Now it looks like Cauthen will have to be the go-to guy. It is spelled Boler, not Bolar, isn't it?

Cauthen? He'll be lucky to be in uniform this fall - last year Love easily emerged as the go to WR for the Hens, and with the big TE coming in this year from Duke, there are many more options than Cauthen.

smallcollegefbfan
July 5th, 2006, 12:34 PM
Cauthen? He'll be lucky to be in uniform this fall - last year Love easily emerged as the go to WR for the Hens, and with the big TE coming in this year from Duke, there are many more options than Cauthen.

Yeah that TE is Ben Patrick. He is really good and should be a great weapon for you. I thought Cauthen was a highly rated player? He was supposed to start this year I thought?

GannonFan
July 5th, 2006, 01:27 PM
Yeah that TE is Ben Patrick. He is really good and should be a great weapon for you. I thought Cauthen was a highly rated player? He was supposed to start this year I thought?

Yes, Patrick will be a very nice addition. Love is the top WR, and that was clear about halfway through last year - he'll be a special one. As for Cauthen, grades appear to be an issue as he was held out of the Spring Game. In addition, he, like many Hens, spent last season injured so he never got any stable playing time being in and out of the lineup. Even Michaud is currently a better WR than Cauthen. The recruiting class 2 years ago will be redshirt freshmen this year and there were some highly thought of recruits in that one - already hints that one or two will be significant contributors this year. Plus UD has a transfer from BC who could get the second WR spot. After Cuff, Patrick, and Love, the touches will be much less for whoever is the 4th option on the offense and Cauthen may just not factor in very much, especially if he can't hack it in the classroom.

smallcollegefbfan
July 5th, 2006, 02:00 PM
Yes, Patrick will be a very nice addition. Love is the top WR, and that was clear about halfway through last year - he'll be a special one. As for Cauthen, grades appear to be an issue as he was held out of the Spring Game. In addition, he, like many Hens, spent last season injured so he never got any stable playing time being in and out of the lineup. Even Michaud is currently a better WR than Cauthen. The recruiting class 2 years ago will be redshirt freshmen this year and there were some highly thought of recruits in that one - already hints that one or two will be significant contributors this year. Plus UD has a transfer from BC who could get the second WR spot. After Cuff, Patrick, and Love, the touches will be much less for whoever is the 4th option on the offense and Cauthen may just not factor in very much, especially if he can't hack it in the classroom.

I actually heard that Cauthen had grade problems but thought he would be back this year. Yeah that transfer is Jason Lilly, I believe. He was not bad. He should be a welcomed addition. With Cuff, Lilly, Patrick, and Facco you got some weapons.

MR. CHICKEN
July 5th, 2006, 03:48 PM
YOUNG CORP O' WR'S.....AS IN KC'S FIRST SEASON...(ALL WENT ON TA BE GOOD..AN' BROUGHT HOME DUH 2003 I-AA BLING)............DIS GROUP IS VERAH SIMILAR......SUFFERED DROPSIES.....BUTTERED FINGERS......MIS-RUN ROUTES.....AS DID DAT GROUP......DO DEY GROW UP.....TA MEASURE UP?...DAT IS DUH ?.......LILLY'S.....'05 BC STATS......5 GAMES.....11 CATCHES....162 TOTAL YDS......."O" TDS........AVG. 14.7 PER GRAB.......35 YARDER WAS LONGEST CATCH........IS HE UH BOLER?......WE'LL SEE.......:confused:.....AWK!

blukeys
July 5th, 2006, 09:32 PM
I actually heard that Cauthen had grade problems but thought he would be back this year. Yeah that transfer is Jason Lilly, I believe. He was not bad. He should be a welcomed addition. With Cuff, Lilly, Patrick, and Facco you got some weapons.

Jason Lilly is faster then Cauthen and about the same size. His problem at BC were injuries. Last Year he had a broken wrist and was not cleared to play till mid October. He needs to stay healthy. This is something I would not have worried about before with WR's, but last year made a believer out of me.:nod: :nod: :nod:

Lilly is very talented, smart and excited about playing at UD, (He is a Dover boy):thumbsup: :thumbsup:

blukeys
July 5th, 2006, 09:38 PM

Jason Lilly is faster then Cauthen and about the same size. His problem at BC were injuries. Last Year he had a broken wrist and was not cleared to play till mid October. He needs to stay healthy. This is something I would not have worried about before with WR's, but last year made a believer out of me.:nod: :nod: :nod:

Lilly is very talented, smart and excited about playing at UD, (He is a Dover boy):thumbsup: :thumbsup:

blukeys
July 5th, 2006, 09:43 PM
YOUNG CORP O' WR'S.....AS IN KC'S FIRST SEASON...(ALL WENT ON TA BE GOOD..AN' BROUGHT HOME DUH 2003 I-AA BLING)............DIS GROUP IS VERAH SIMILAR......SUFFERED DROPSIES.....BUTTERED FINGERS......MIS-RUN ROUTES.....AS DID DAT GROUP......DO DEY GROW UP.....TA MEASURE UP?...DAT IS DUH ?.......LILLY'S.....'05 BC STATS......5 GAMES.....11 CATCHES....162 TOTAL YDS......."O" TDS........AVG. 14.7 PER GRAB.......35 YARDER WAS LONGEST CATCH........IS HE UH BOLER?......WE'LL SEE.......:confused:.....AWK!

IF he stays healthy, Lilly is more of a James Anderson then David Boler.