PDA

View Full Version : Colts' Walker (Lehigh) Hopes to Bring Fans to Feet

TexasTerror
June 12th, 2006, 06:40 PM
Thought I'd make my Lehigh friends happy by passing them along this link to an article about Lehigh ex Gerran Walker. Here's hoping he can make a difference at the NFL level. Maybe Lehigh is the best I-AA school when it comes to those who aren't drafted...these guys can make an impact! :hurray:

A Southern Gentleman With Big-Play Speed
By: Ed Thompson
Date: Jun 12, 2006

Gerran Walker is such a southern gentleman, he even tries to keep his name simple for others who often struggle with the proper pronunciation of his first name.

For the record, it sounds like "Jur-ran" when you say it out loud. But out of consideration for everyone he knows, he foregoes worrying about whether or not they can get it right, and simply goes by "G."

Born in Atlanta, Walker watched a lot of great SEC football while growing up, but he ended up playing collegiate football in eastern Pennsylvania for a Division I-AA school, Lehigh University.

Not quite as well known for churning out pro prospects as they are for their outstanding academic program, Lehigh did help place tight end Adam Bergen in the NFL last year. Bergen was an undrafted free agent who signed with Arizona. And during his rookie year, he started nine games while appearing in all sixteen. Walker hopes to have similar success after signing as an undrafted free agent with the Colts following the NFL draft in April.

http://colts.scout.com/2/539015.html

Lehigh Football Nation
June 14th, 2006, 07:02 PM
Thanks TT. The Q&A is out, but I can't get to it behind the subscription firewall. Are you a part of it?

ngineer
June 14th, 2006, 07:34 PM
Thanks, TT--as he says, it's too bad we couldn't get the ball in his hands more often...He has excellent potential..