PDA

View Full Version : App to C-USA?

Pages : 1 [2]

asujch
February 15th, 2012, 11:49 AM
http://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-football/2012/2/14/2797624/college-conference-realignment-mwc-cusa-schedule

Interesting take

"Pacific Coast Division: Fresno State, Hawai'i, Nevada, UNLV, UTEP
* Potential Addition (1): Idaho, Montana, San Jose State

Mountain States Division: Air Force, Colorado State, New Mexico, Wyoming
* Potential Additions (2): New Mexico State, Utah State

Coastal Division: East Carolina, Marshall, Southern Miss, UAB
* Potential Additions (2): Appalachian State, Florida Atlantic, Florida International, Temple, Troy

Midlands: Rice, Tulsa, Tulane
* Potential Additions (3): Louisiana Tech, Texas State, UTSA, Most Of The Sun Belt (Arkansas State, Middle Tennessee, North Texas, UL-Lafayette, UL-Monroe, Western Kentucky)"

When I first heard of the merger, my immediate thought was 'this is going to be a scheduling nightmare.' After reading this article though, I am sold on the four division look. It takes care of the potential of ECU traveling to Hawaii and such which I believe is a major factor with the new re-alignment. Travel costs are so high, and not to mention fans are less likely to travel for a game whenever its across the country. This idea I think bodes well for ASU if we get the invite. With the crunch on the budget, I know Peacock and Cobb are definitely looking at the costs involved with the move. Plus, the only teams I was excited to play (if we would've been invited to the old c-usa) were ECU and Marshall since we already have rivalry ties in the past.

MplsBison
February 15th, 2012, 06:10 PM
St. Louis would leave to join the MVC in a second. Joining the A-10 with their Jesuit brothers in Xavier was the only real option when C-USA decided you had to have a football team.

A10 to MVC is definitely a downgrade in quality of ball. Maybe not in money.

MplsBison
February 15th, 2012, 06:10 PM
Fordham. It they ever want to reach the NCAA tournament, their best bet is to re-join the Patriot League in all sports. I have no doubt that the PL bosses would welcome them back. Fordham would still have a long way to go to be able to hang with the top 2 or 3 PL schools in basketball, however. Fordham's other sports would not have any drop off at all. They really ought to think about adding lacrosse, though.

That obviously isn't going to happen. A10 is a million years ahead of PL in basketball.

Apphole
February 22nd, 2012, 10:25 AM
Behr: Too early to tell if merger affects ASU
by Steve Behr Sports Editor
"It's hard to say right now if the most recent bomb to drop on college football will have any fallout on Appalachian State.
Conference USA, long rumored to be a preferred landing zone for the Appalachian State football program, merged with the Mountain West Conference on Feb. 13. The leagues had already formed an alliance during the 2011 football season to share certain resources. Now, they'll be one big-happy merged conference.

Read the rest here...

http://www2.wataugademocrat.com/ASU_Sports/story/Behr-Too-early-to-tell-if-merger-affects-ASU-id-007055

Apphole
February 26th, 2012, 05:07 PM
Dominating #7 ranked, perennial powerhouse and 10-time College World Series winner LSU in baseball this weekend should help App's appeal.

PaladinFan
February 26th, 2012, 05:20 PM
Dominating #7 ranked, perennial powerhouse and 10-time College World Series winner LSU in baseball this weekend should help App's appeal.

Probably not.

Apphole
February 26th, 2012, 05:35 PM
Probably not.

I bow to your infinite wisdom xbowx

I guess all the Furple D-1 move stuff really made you an expert on the topic.....

49RFootballNow
February 26th, 2012, 05:38 PM
Probably not.

Don't waste your time. Apphole's still wondering why App didn't get an automatic Big 10 invite after beating Michigan.

Mountaineer#96
February 26th, 2012, 05:41 PM
Don't waste your time. Apphole's still wondering why App didn't get an automatic Big 10 invite after beating Michigan.
That brings up a great point, and I am wondering why we didn't get the invite as well. I also am wondering how many quality wins your football program has to chat about?

49RFootballNow
February 26th, 2012, 05:49 PM
That brings up a great point, and I am wondering why we didn't get the invite as well. I also am wondering how many quality wins your football program has to chat about?

We beat App St Teacher's College in 1947, but at the time the win over Belmont Abbey was more impressive.

Mountaineer#96
February 26th, 2012, 05:58 PM
So glad you guys beat up the teacher college.....as my old PSG used to say "ok dummy, move out of here and draw fire".

49RFootballNow
February 26th, 2012, 06:06 PM
http://www2.wataugademocrat.com/ASU_Sports/story/Behr-Too-early-to-tell-if-merger-affects-ASU-id-007055

Behr: Too early to tell if merger affects ASU
by Steve Behr Sports Editor
"It's hard to say right now if the most recent bomb to drop...........— if the Sun Belt would be interested. If I'm that conference, I'd send a limo to Boone to invite Appalachian State.
Otherwise, the Southern Conference is still a decent alternative for the Mountaineers."

I usually let you hang yourself as you're so good at it, but I'm pretty sure its a terms of use violation to post an entire article on a message board. Even if it is App's local paper.

Apphole
February 26th, 2012, 06:08 PM
I usually let you hang yourself as you're so good at it, but I'm pretty sure its a terms of use violation to post an entire article on a message board. Even if it is App's local paper.

The link you also reposted is proper attribution moron

49RFootballNow
February 26th, 2012, 06:20 PM

The link is, but posting the whole damn article is a violation no matter how you cut it. You can provide limited quotes from articles you attribute, but if you post the whole damn article why would anyone click the link and go to the paper's webpage? If no one visits the Democrat's webpage how do they convince advertisers to give them money to keep their online paper free to the general public?

ursus arctos horribilis
February 26th, 2012, 06:29 PM

Everything is cool with the way you did it except that you are not supposed to post more than like a quarter of the article.

Best practice is usually to take the first paragraph and quote it and then supply the link to the rest. You want the author/source to get the clicks for doing there work I'm sure so it's best for all involved.

Glad you linked App but I'm gonna go edit down a little.

Apphole
February 26th, 2012, 06:30 PM
The link is, but posting the whole damn article is a violation no matter how you cut it. You can provide limited quotes from articles you attribute, but if you post the whole damn article why would anyone click the link and go to the paper's webpage? If no one visits the Democrat's webpage how do they convince advertisers to give them money to keep their online paper free to the general public?

On a not for profit blog or forum, it is acceptable if properly attributed. I've seen several full articles on AGS before

Apphole
February 26th, 2012, 06:31 PM
If Ursus insists, I'll only post portions

ursus arctos horribilis
February 26th, 2012, 06:35 PM
On a not for profit blog or forum, it is acceptable if properly attributed. I've seen several full articles on AGS before

You have seen it but I've been trying to curtail it since we took over. I don't see em' all and it is just something I'd like to do to help out the other small time places/blogs etc. to promote their work.

Not coming down on ya man just asking ya to try that route in the future.:)

ursus arctos horribilis
February 26th, 2012, 06:37 PM
If Ursus insists, I'll only post portions

Thank you.
I really appreciate the help.

Apphole
February 26th, 2012, 06:38 PM
You have seen it but I've been trying to curtail it since we took over. I don't see em' all and it is just something I'd like to do to help out the other small time places/blogs etc. to promote their work.

Not coming down on ya man just asking ya to try that route in the future.:)
Sure thing big man

PaladinFan
February 27th, 2012, 07:11 AM
I bow to your infinite wisdom xbowx

I guess all the Furple D-1 move stuff really made you an expert on the topic.....

Furman has beaten Clemon 58 times over their history. Think that matters to anyone? It's college baseball, teams aren't supposed to win every game.

This is my opinion, but I do not see App going anywhere (unless, of course, they want to go to the SunBelt). The profess their only desire is for CUSA, a conference with which they have no ties (unlike UNC-C), that was just on the verge of collapse, and has recently expanded to save itself. App is now relying on their football record to convince an unhealthy conference to extend a bid to a school that sits in a remote (albeit nice) community, with little to no market share, in a state that is already filled to its gills with FBS programs. I may be off base, but I don't see it happening.

Lost in all of this is just how poor a conference CUSA is right now. Hypothetically, does one leave a job that pays 60k a year in a small, but stable, company that has been in business since 1921 for a job that could potentially pay 120k a year (only after years of losing money just to join) in a company that has shown very little signs of long term viability after 15 years? For me the question is an easy one.

wer4asu
February 27th, 2012, 07:17 AM
Furman has beaten Clemon 58 times over their history. Think that matters to anyone? It's college baseball, teams aren't supposed to win every game.

This is my opinion, but I do not see App going anywhere (unless, of course, they want to go to the SunBelt). The profess their only desire is for CUSA, a conference with which they have no ties (unlike UNC-C), that was just on the verge of collapse, and has recently expanded to save itself. App is now relying on their football record to convince an unhealthy conference to extend a bid to a school that sits in a remote (albeit nice) community, with little to no market share, in a state that is already filled to its gills with FBS programs. I may be off base, but I don't see it happening.

Lost in all of this is just how poor a conference CUSA is right now. Hypothetically, does one leave a job that pays 60k a year in a small, but stable, company that has been in business since 1921 for a job that could potentially pay 120k a year (only after years of losing money just to join) in a company that has shown very little signs of long term viability after 15 years? For me the question is an easy one.

Fine! You answered your own question, so stay! We'll go!

Apphole
February 27th, 2012, 08:36 AM

First of all, Clemson is no LSU. And did you ever utterly destroy them in their own house while they were ranked in the top 10? Winning a series in the fashion that we did and against a powerhouse like LSU in the toughest college baseball environment in the nation definitely speaks to the value of ASU athletics to a potential new conference. Baseball is #3 on the valuable sports hierarchy. If Furple was in a position to move up, your wins against an ACC team would be relevant.

This is my opinion, but I do not see App going anywhere (unless, of course, they want to go to the SunBelt). The profess their only desire is for CUSA, a conference with which they have no ties (unlike UNC-C), that was just on the verge of collapse, and has recently expanded to save itself. App is now relying on their football record to convince an unhealthy conference to extend a bid to a school that sits in a remote (albeit nice) community, with little to no market share, in a state that is already filled to its gills with FBS programs. I may be off base, but I don't see it happening

With the dynamic changing so drastically, I wouldn't see Sunbelt as unfeasible, especially if some south eastern C-USA schools jump ship in favor of a more regionally based conference. All the scoffing from App fans regarding the SBC was the way the conference looked before all this shifting began.

As far as App having "little to no" market share, you are quite mistaken. (now if 49ernow would stop trolling me we could actually have a rational conversation about this) Though the university itself is isolated, we do in fact have a good bit of the share of the Charlotte market as well as a massive alumni base in the area. It is certainly comparable to what UNCC has currently. What we also have, and what UNCC does not, are shares in several other markets outside the city. We have a significant share of the Asheville and Winston-Salem markets as well as the entirety of Western NC. To a much lesser extent we also get coverage in Greensboro and Raleigh. UNCC gets no coverage at all outside the city, and if you discount the Charlotte Observer and that quack writer David Scott, they barely make an impact in their own city.

When you compare C-USA to the BCS conferences, of course they come up short, but the fact remains that C-USA is the strongest non-BCS FBS conference around. App has already decided that it is in our best interest to move and C-USA is the obvious first choice for a variety of reasons. If you think the little 60k paying company is stable from an ASU point of view, perhaps you should just retire and start drawing social security while there's still some left. The college football landscape is dramatically shifting and all the big-time FCS schools are scrambling to move up before FCS becomes de facto division two. I certainly don't fault you for having these opinions, but they are the opinions of a Furman fan and I don't think you are properly empathizing with our situation.

Skjellyfetti
February 27th, 2012, 09:16 AM

Cute analogy.

But, the gap between Conference USA and the SoCon is much more vast that you believe. No matter how "poor" of a conference you believe CUSA is. A team in Conference USA gets FAR more money from their conference than the 2:1 ratio you suggest.

http://oi41.tinypic.com/m9rifr.jpg
That graphic is only for postseason tournament revenue and doesn't even include sources of revenue like television deals.

Conference USA currently has a deal worth $7 million annually with Fox. Best case scenario for the SoCon is receiving $0 and not having to pay television stations to broadcast your games.

Your business analogy looks worse... when you look at the fact that these are the guys that looked at the numbers for Appalachian and came to the conclusion that, if Appalachian can raise ~$6 million more in revenue... that FBS makes more financial sense than FCS. I guess you have more business savy than these guys... or would have recommended to these guys that they stayed at their low paying jobs way back when instead of taking risks and ending up where they are today?

ASU Athletics Feasibility Committee Members
*G.A. Sywassink (Chairman and retired CEO of Standard Holding Corporation)
*Larry Stone (President and COO of Lowe’s Corporation)
Eric Barnes (ASU Student Government Association representative)
John Blackburn (President, Linville Resorts, Inc.)
Mark Harrill (President, Foscoe Companies)
Jay Howard (President, JHE Production Group)
Derek Jenkins (Senior Vice President, Target Stores)
Doug Johnson (CEO, Blue Ridge Electric Membership Corporation)
Jeffrey A. Shepard (Retired CEO, Footstar)
Tommy Sofield (CEO, U.S. Buildings)
Brad Wilson (CEO, Blue Cross & Blue Shield of North Carolina)

asumike83
February 27th, 2012, 09:23 AM
All this realignment talk is making my head hurt. C-USA would be great but realistically, it is not going to happen. The Sun Belt is a possibility that I'd be open to if it was economically feasible. It would move our football up, be about lateral for basketball and a nice step up in baseball. Honestly, I'm just ready for this all to be over with.

On another note, our baseball team had a great weekend! Getting our name out there for a sport other than football is always a plus, Charlie better lock up Coach Pollard and keep him in Boone. I know he benefited from the football success and got new facilities, but that program was miserable before Pollard got there. Proud of our guys, taking a series from the Tigers in Baton Rouge is no small feat.

Apphole
February 27th, 2012, 09:41 AM
All this realignment talk is making my head hurt. C-USA would be great but realistically, it is not going to happen. The Sun Belt is a possibility that I'd be open to if it was economically feasible. It would move our football up, be about lateral for basketball and a nice step up in baseball. Honestly, I'm just ready for this all to be over with.

I think you're wrong Mike. We offer more than any other FCS school to that conference in terms of success and tradition, we have national appeal, our media footprint is much bigger than certain message board quacks give us credit for and, the biggest and of all, we have the most influential program in the eastern sector of C-USA lobbying hard for us. I think we stand as good a chance as any FCS school to be admitted. But I'm right there with you hoping all this shlt is over with ASAP. We have a spectacular season of returning to dominance to talk about and this endless circle of conference movement talk is a broken ****ing record

WH49er
February 27th, 2012, 09:45 AM
As far as App having "little to no" market share, you are quite mistaken. (now if 49ernow would stop trolling me we could actually have a rational conversation about this) Though the university itself is isolated, we do in fact have a good bit of the share of the Charlotte market as well as a massive alumni base in the area. It is certainly comparable to what UNCC has currently. What we also have, and what UNCC does not, is shares in several other markets outside the city. We have a significant share of the Asheville and Winston-Salem markets as well as the entirety of Western NC. To a much lesser extent we also get coverage in Greensboro and Raleigh. UNCC gets no coverage at all outside the city, and if you discount the Charlotte Observer and that quack writer David Scott, they barely make an impact in their own city.

Once again see the App State/ECU basketball game that couldn't pull 4K. That truly shows App's market share in Charlotte. The alumni that live here get one chance to watch their university play a game in "their backyard" and 1,500 of them show up.

If your impact in TV markets was so great, you guys would be in FBS by now. Also, one series against LSU doesn't say **** about your athletics. I think this says a little more about your baseball team:

2011 finished 6th in the Socon
2010 finished 7th
2009 finished 6th
2008 finished 6th
2007 finished 4th
2006 finished 8th
2005 finished 10th
2004 finished 10th
2003 finished 9th
2002 finished 9th

You should shut the f#ck up unless you can provide valid stats. Now get back to your job at FedEx/Kinko's before you get fired and the Yosef club loses another $25 member.

asumike83
February 27th, 2012, 09:49 AM
I think you're wrong Mike. We offer more than any other FCS school to that conference in terms of success and tradition, we have national appeal, our media footprint is much bigger than certain message board quacks give us credit for and, the biggest and of all, we have the most influential program in the eastern sector of C-USA lobbying hard for us. I think we stand as good a chance as any FCS school to be admitted. But I'm right there with you hoping all this shlt is over with ASAP. We have a spectacular season of returning to dominance to talk about and this endless circle of conference movement talk is a broken ****ing record

Time will tell but in my opinion, I don't think they want any FCS programs going straight into C-USA. If they do, ODU would likely be first because of the market, great recruiting area, solid hoops and no other C-USA teams in VA. ECU is a great friend to have though, no doubt about it.

I think we're all ready for this to be done with, it is tiring. The most frustrating thing about the whole realignment process is that fan support and on-field success are the absolute last things considered. I'm sure ECU can commiserate there.

asumike83
February 27th, 2012, 09:58 AM
Also, one series against LSU doesn't say **** about your athletics. I think this says a little more about your baseball team:

2010 finished 7th
2009 finished 6th
2008 finished 6th
2007 finished 4th
2006 finished 8th
2005 finished 10th
2004 finished 10th
2003 finished 9th
2002 finished 9th

None of that says anything about THIS baseball team. Nobody is arguing that we have some rich baseball tradition or that we're now better than everyone else. However, we are gradually improving and taking a series at LSU is a big step for us.

We hadn't had a winning baseball season since 1991 before Coach Pollard arrived and now we've had five straight, with our best being a 38-18 season in 2010. We've gone from being at or near the bottom of the SoCon to being .500 or above in conference every year since 2007. I think this is the year we take the next step and if you don't think taking a series on the road against a top 10 team is significant in reaching that goal, you may not understand how a gradual rebuilding process works. It does not happen overnight but we're getting there.

Apphole
February 27th, 2012, 10:00 AM
Once again see the App State/ECU basketball game that couldn't pull 4K. That truly shows App's market share in Charlotte. The alumni that live here get one chance to watch their university play a game in "their backyard" and 1,500 of them show up.

If your impact in TV markets was so great, you guys would be in FBS by now. Also, one series against LSU doesn't say **** about your athletics. I think this says a little more about your baseball team:

2010 finished 7th
2009 finished 6th
2008 finished 6th
2007 finished 4th
2006 finished 8th
2005 finished 10th
2004 finished 10th
2003 finished 9th
2002 finished 9th

You should shut the f#ck up unless you can provide valid stats. Now get back to your job at FedEx/Kinko's before you get fired and the Yosef club loses another $25 member.

Media market=quantifiable mentions in every media venue in the area. I learned that on my first day here at Kinko's. Do you even know the difference? Are you still locked up in Mom's basement in between commutes to Concord for class? Get a clue man. And when are you ignorant Cee fans going to realize that our fan base is beyond apathetic to our basketball program, especially this year and is absolutely rabid about football. When we finally play a football game at BOA, I'd like you to take note that we will bring 30k+. That's twice what your little start-up stadium is even going to hold.

As far as our baseball team's woes of the past, there is a steady improvement occurring capped of by a huge series win here. Beating ranked powerhouses= national exposure. Here-in lies the disconnect in your brain. If you're news worthy, you're doing great as far as making a name for your school and beating #7 LSU in an absolute rout is news worthy. It may not mean we are the new kid on the block in big-time baseball, but we get exposure for it and it shows how much our new coach has gotten the program together. Keep trolling though. You're almost as green with envy as the helmet in your avatar.

Saint3333
February 27th, 2012, 10:30 AM

2010 finished 7th
2009 finished 6th
2008 finished 6th
2007 finished 4th
2006 finished 8th
2005 finished 10th
2004 finished 10th
2003 finished 9th
2002 finished 9th

You guys continue to ignore your recent history in basketball.

ASU the last five years has an average RPI of 95 which would put them in the top 1/3 of the NCAA.

Apphole
February 27th, 2012, 10:45 AM

ASU the last five years has an average RPI of 95 which would put them in the top 1/3 of the NCAA.

They ignore a lot. Especially their own deficiencies

WH49er
February 27th, 2012, 10:53 AM

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?105635-ASU-adds-more-coaches

Please see post #8 in this thread and please tell me where I've ignored our recent basketball history? I don't think any Niners fans are ignoring our recent history.

Also during those years your SOS has been about 230, which is in the bottom 1/3 so what's your point?

WH49er
February 27th, 2012, 10:55 AM
They ignore a lot. Especially their own deficiencies

Sounds alot like App State football circa 2011.

49RFootballNow
February 27th, 2012, 11:10 AM
If App St has a 96 RPI in their arena, and none of their fans come to see it, did it happen?

ASUMountaineer
February 27th, 2012, 11:12 AM

The fans have...I have not seen any official from ASU profess such a sole desire.

Apphole
February 27th, 2012, 11:38 AM
There must be a deflecting class required at UNCC. If an argument isn't going your way, change the subject. It's happened 3 times now in 2 pages of comments.

Apphole
February 27th, 2012, 11:46 AM
Sounds alot like App State football circa 2011.

There are countless pages on AGS and the MMB of App fans griping about the terrible 2011 season. Keep in mind, that was an 8-4 season; a record that would have some programs including your own, jumping for joy. App fans will always be the first ones to bitch about the results of a not-so-stellar season in the FCS. It's just the nature of a fan base our size with such an ardent standard of excellence. Once again, you don't know what the hell you're talking about.

91Niner
February 27th, 2012, 11:59 AM
Media market=quantifiable mentions in every media venue in the area. I learned that on my first day here at Kinko's. Do you even know the difference? Are you still locked up in Mom's basement in between commutes to Concord for class? Get a clue man. And when are you ignorant Cee fans going to realize that our fan base is beyond apathetic to our basketball program, especially this year and is absolutely rabid about football. When we finally play a football game at BOA, I'd like you to take note that we will bring 30k+. That's twice what your little start-up stadium is even going to hold.As far as our baseball team's woes of the past, there is a steady improvement occurring capped of by a huge series win here. Beating ranked powerhouses= national exposure. Here-in lies the disconnect in your brain. If you're news worthy, you're doing great as far as making a name for your school and beating #7 LSU in an absolute rout is news worthy. It may not mean we are the new kid on the block in big-time baseball, but we get exposure for it and it shows how much our new coach has gotten the program together. Keep trolling though. You're almost as green with envy as the helmet in your avatar.

Once again, you pretend that our "tiny" stadium is soooo much smaller than the great KBS when it actually will only hold 6-7000 fewer fans in "real seats" (~15,300 vs. ~21,000)......and if you're going to count how many your team can supposedly pack into the stadium on the hillside (30,000), then you must count our "temporary seating" which is already planned if needed and would bring our capacity to 25,000+.

asumike83
February 27th, 2012, 12:03 PM
I think a dedicated "App/UNCC Pissing Match" board is in order. xtwocentsx

Apphole
February 27th, 2012, 12:04 PM
Once again, you pretend that our "tiny" stadium is soooo much smaller than the great KBS when it actually will only hold 6-7000 fewer fans in "real seats" (~15,300 vs. ~21,000)......and if you're going to count how many your team can supposedly pack into the stadium on the hillside (30,000), then you must count our "temporary seating" which is already planned if needed and would bring our capacity to 25,000+.

Do you really believe, deep down inside, that your fanbase that has no respect for this subdivision is going to pack the place at any game besides the first few? And god forbid you take an L from one of those terrible schools on your year 1-2 schedule. I've said this before and mark my words, UNCC is one or two blowouts away from having 6 fans in the stands

Also, don't forget that this will be under way by the time the first Cee fan skips into their brand new stadium.
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/image.php?u=2152&type=sigpic&dateline=1322613128

Apphole
February 27th, 2012, 12:05 PM
I think a dedicated "App/UNCC Pissing Match" board is in order. xtwocentsx

We can't even talk about our baseball win without the Cee trolls invading and whipping out the dick measuring tape. It's like they don't have a team to discuss or something....

WH49er
February 27th, 2012, 12:12 PM
We can't even talk about our baseball win without the Cee trolls invading and whipping out the dick measuring tape. It's like they don't have a team to discuss or something....

So says the 22 year old mongaloid who comes to everyone of the Charlotte threads. Luckily they teach mouth breathing at App or we would not be blessed with her delusional harry potter mountain logic.

Twentysix
February 27th, 2012, 12:27 PM
I only read "Harry potter mountain logic".

But you recieve rep sir.

Damnit, must spread it before granting it to you again.

Apphole
February 27th, 2012, 12:28 PM
So says the 22 year old mongaloid who comes to everyone of the Charlotte threads. Luckily they teach mouth breathing at App or we would not be blessed with her delusional harry potter mountain logic.

Did you really just insult my age and follow with a "he hit me first" response? I was born and raised in Charlotte, so I'd be careful with the deviated septum jokes. Now I'm still waiting for an attempt at rational discussion from one of you folks if you can muster a train of thought for more than a few minutes.

WH49er
February 27th, 2012, 12:32 PM

But you recieve rep sir.

You are a scholar and a gentleman. I give you this:

http://firstyearseminar.appstate.edu/what-if-harry-potter-real

Proof that this is standard logic at FUPA State.

Apphole
February 27th, 2012, 12:32 PM

But you recieve rep sir.

Harry Potter Mountain? Is that that new Disney attraction I've been hearing about?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPONTneuaF4

Apphole
February 27th, 2012, 12:37 PM
You are a scholar and a gentleman. I give you this:

http://firstyearseminar.appstate.edu/what-if-harry-potter-real

Proof that this is standard logic at FUPA State.

Proof that Cee students can't discern a hypothetical unless the word hypothetical is specifically included. I heard about this class. It's an alternative to the equally pointless "freshman seminar" class that all freshman recently began having to take. From what I've heard, it is deeply philosophical and a fun class about one of the biggest pieces of literature of all time and how it could be applied to our society.

Mr. C
February 27th, 2012, 12:55 PM
Harry Potter Mountain? Is that that new Disney attraction I've been hearing about?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPONTneuaF4

Charlie The Unicorn makes an appearance on AGS. OH MY.

GlassOnion
February 27th, 2012, 12:55 PM

The Yosef club averages 3x more in donations than uncc's equivelant, and thats from a school which your people argue has no market, AND 8,000 fewer students. So, ignorant, OR uncc just sucks that much more, have fun choosing which applies.

Apphole
February 27th, 2012, 12:56 PM
Charlie The Unicorn makes an appearance on AGS. OH MY.

All because a poster left out a comma....

TheRevSFA
February 27th, 2012, 12:58 PM

Mongoloid. If you're going to insult the guy, at least spell it correctly

Smitty
February 27th, 2012, 01:01 PM
All because a poster left out a comma....

Third one was better IMO...

Apphole
February 27th, 2012, 01:02 PM

Methinks he has a nasty Hemorrhoid

WH49er
February 27th, 2012, 01:03 PM

Agreed pretty lame on my part. I know how to spell it, just a momentary lapse.

Studying for the CPA exam has melted my brain.

Saint3333
February 27th, 2012, 01:06 PM

Would you consider a 40% raise to be a significant difference than what you currently make?

WH49er
February 27th, 2012, 01:09 PM
The Yosef club averages 3x more in donations than uncc's equivelant, and thats from a school which your people argue has no market, AND 8,000 fewer students. So, ignorant, OR uncc just sucks that much more, have fun choosing which applies.

It was personal insult at him, not a swipe at your fan base.

http://www.goasu.com/pdf8/817425.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=21500

Assumptions are a b1tch.

Apphole
February 27th, 2012, 01:10 PM
Agreed pretty lame on my part. I know how to spell it, just a momentary lapse.

Studying for the CPA exam has melted my brain.

With whom did you intern?

Apphole
February 27th, 2012, 01:19 PM

Assumptions are a b1tch.

Nice try. You're not fooling anyone. You made broad, blanket statements in addition to the childish personal insults. I donated >$100 this year by the way. And if you'd like to flaunt your upcoming CPA exam to distract from your conflicting posts in attempt to make you seem smart, I'll mention that I'm taking the LSAT in June next time I make a typo.

GlassOnion
February 27th, 2012, 01:20 PM

Assumptions are a b1tch.

Oh Im sorry. I guess assuming that someone couldnt possibly try and insult someone for giving any amount of money to their school was just too much credit for you. Based on the numbers, it looks like over 90% of uncc fans give NOTHING.

WH49er
February 27th, 2012, 01:26 PM
I'm not distracting from anything, people make mistakes.

Also, I did not do an internship. Graduated with double majors in accounting and finance. Finishing the MACC program in May and I've worked the past 2 years as a financial analyst. Numbers are my game.

ASUMountaineer
February 27th, 2012, 01:51 PM
Nice try. You're not fooling anyone. You made broad, blanket statements in addition to the childish personal insults. I donated >$100 this year by the way. And if you'd like to flaunt your upcoming CPA exam to distract from your conflicting posts in attempt to make you seem smart, I'll mention that I'm taking the LSAT in June next time I make a typo.

Good luck with that, you should be fine, the LSAT is not that bad.

With that said, I hated law school. That's why I have an MBA instead. Lesson learned. xlolx

Apphole
February 27th, 2012, 01:59 PM
Good luck with that, you should be fine, the LSAT is not that bad.

With that said, I hated law school. That's why I have an MBA instead. Lesson learned. xlolx

Thanks. Can't say I'm not intimidated by the whole process. It's also gonna be difficult to go back to school/back to being broke now that I have a PR job. I'm ready for the challenge though. I hope I make it!

91Niner
February 27th, 2012, 02:18 PM
Do you really believe, deep down inside, that your fanbase that has no respect for this subdivision is going to pack the place at any game besides the first few? And god forbid you take an L from one of those terrible schools on your year 1-2 schedule. I've said this before and mark my words, UNCC is one or two blowouts away from having 6 fans in the stands

Also, don't forget that this will be under way by the time the first Cee fan skips into their brand new stadium.
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/image.php?u=2152&type=sigpic&dateline=1322613128

.....and do you understand the term "reading comprehension". You're making stupid remarks about the number of seats in our stadium and your stadium with a 50 year head-start is only about 6-7000 seats larger after a recent expansion. That is all!

91Niner
February 27th, 2012, 02:22 PM

Yes, and how much do you think the Yosef Club would bring in if it didn't have football? When Charlotte gets fball going, do you really think our numbers will be the same? Really? Think hard before you post.

BY the way, I seriously doubt Yosef truly brings in 3x the numbers the 49er club does.

91Niner
February 27th, 2012, 02:24 PM
Would you consider a 40% raise to be a significant difference than what you currently make?

40%? Haha......I know they don't teach math up there, but come on.

Apphole
February 27th, 2012, 02:27 PM
.....and do you understand the term "reading comprehension". You're making stupid remarks about the number of seats in our stadium and your stadium with a 50 year head-start is only about 6-7000 seats larger after a recent expansion. That is all!

30,000 That is all!

Saint3333
February 27th, 2012, 02:30 PM
40%? Haha......I know they don't teach math up there, but come on.

UNCC seats 15,300

ASU seats 21,650

That is a 6,350 increase in seating or 41.5% more than UNCC's seating capacity.

You still laughing?

asumike83
February 27th, 2012, 02:35 PM
UNCC seats 15,300

ASU seats 21,650

You still laughing?

xlolx

Apphole
February 27th, 2012, 02:37 PM
UNCC seats 15,300

ASU seats 21,650

You still laughing?

Off by half a percent what a moron xlolx

xbowx

StorminASU
February 27th, 2012, 02:39 PM
http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/4/0/1/7/thread-crap-wont_die.jpg

91Niner
February 27th, 2012, 02:45 PM
UNCC seats 15,300

ASU seats 21,650

You still laughing?

Wrong!

21,650 = ~25% larger than 15,300 (ie, 15,300 is ~75% of 21,650)........you still laughing, genius?

asumike83
February 27th, 2012, 02:47 PM
21,650 = ~25% larger than 15,300 (ie, 15,300 is ~75% of 21,650)........you still laughing, genius?

Wow. That is so wrong. His analogy was a 40% raise. Your stadium would have to grow by 41.5% of it's current capacity to reach the 21,650 that KBS seats. 21,650 is 41.5% more than 15,300. When saying that it is 41.5% larger than 15,300, you must compare the difference in size to 15,300.

To make this easy, type "15,300 x 1.415" into a calculator and tell me what you get.

Apphole
February 27th, 2012, 02:57 PM
Where did WH go? Numbers are his thing apparently

Saint3333
February 27th, 2012, 02:58 PM
Wrong!

I'm laughing even harder now. The base of the equation is the smaller number aka your stadium capacity. Keep digging.

Signed Saint3333 C.P.A.

Mntneer
February 27th, 2012, 03:03 PM
Wrong!

Wow. Just wow.

15300 * 1.25 = 19125. If X = Y% of N that doesn't mean that X + Y% = N. Way to represent that Charlotte education.

Skjellyfetti
February 27th, 2012, 03:05 PM
Wrong!

http://troll.me/images/full-retard/this-thread-just-went-full-retard.jpg

StorminASU
February 27th, 2012, 03:09 PM
Wrong!

I work with a UNCC grad and this is a great representation of their education. What do they teach you all down there?

If I ever have a round hole and a square peg, I know where I need to get my Master's from.

91Niner
I'm laughing even harder now. The base of the equation is the smaller number aka your stadium capacity. Keep digging.

Signed Saint3333 C.P.A.

Wrong, not when you were clearly insinuating that KBS was 41.5% larger than our stadium. I understand that 41.5% of our stadium would be ~6000, but who the heck would care what 41.5% of our own stadium would add. The base of the "argument" is the comparison between our stadium and KBS. That was the whole pi$$ing match.

StorminASU
http://troll.me/images/full-retard/this-thread-just-went-full-retard.jpg

Hahahaha. This.

Saint3333
February 27th, 2012, 03:16 PM
Wrong, not when you were clearly insinuating that KBS was 41.5% larger than our stadium. I understand that 41.5% of our stadium would be ~6000, but who the heck would care what 41.5% of our own stadium would add. The base of the "argument" is the comparison between our stadium and KBS. That was the whole pi$$ing match.

Nope my analogy was a 40% raise. This would mean the base would be your seating capacity/salary. Why would you use someone else's salary to make a decision on whether a 40% raise would be nice?

You got called out for not being able to do basic math and now instead of admitting it will continue this nonsense. Have at it with each post on this subject you lose more credibility.

Apphole
February 27th, 2012, 03:17 PM
http://planetpov.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/digging.jpg

WUTNDITWAA
February 27th, 2012, 03:17 PM
Make that a shade over 50 percent. The butts-in-seats seating capacity is 23,150 after the temporary stands (1,500 seats) are put in place.

ASUMountaineer
February 27th, 2012, 03:26 PM
Thanks. Can't say I'm not intimidated by the whole process. It's also gonna be difficult to go back to school/back to being broke now that I have a PR job. I'm ready for the challenge though. I hope I make it!

It's not that bad, if it is truly what you want to do. I realized quickly that it wasn't for me and moved on. Law school is a totally different game than anything you did in undergrad. Be ready to work your butt off. I suggest you get as much AGS in as you can, because once school starts, you won't have the time.

Best of luck.

Apphole
February 27th, 2012, 03:36 PM
It's not that bad, if it is truly what you want to do. I realized quickly that it wasn't for me and moved on. Law school is a totally different game than anything you did in undergrad. Be ready to work your butt off. I suggest you get as much AGS in as you can, because once school starts, you won't have the time.

Best of luck.

Thanks man. I'll try to find time for AGS and the other football blogs I frequent. I mean, I post on AGS while driving all the time. I'm sure I can come on here when I'm on the toilet at the very least.

91Niner
February 27th, 2012, 03:36 PM
Nope my analogy was a 40% raise. This would mean the base would be your seating capacity/salary. Why would you use someone else's salary to make a decision on whether a 40% raise would be nice?

You got called out for not being able to do basic math and now instead of admitting it will continue this nonsense. Have at it with each post on this subject you lose more credibility.

Thats just not true. Anybody who wants to, would clearly understand I took your statement to mean that KBS was 41.5% larger, but if it makes you feel superior then thats fine...........Whatever......."U noe we ain't much fer buk lernin' down here at CeeCee"......

Apphole
February 27th, 2012, 03:38 PM
Thats just not true. Anybody who wants to, would clearly understand I took your statement to mean that KBS was 41.5% larger, but if it makes you feel superior then thats fine...........Whatever......."U noe we ain't much fer buk lernin' down here at CeeCee"......

I blame Piedmont High School for your math skills lacking. Sun Valley sabotaged mine.

91Niner
February 27th, 2012, 03:42 PM
I blame Piedmont High School for your math skills lacking. Sun Valley sabotaged mine.

Haha......now thats funny! I'll give you that one.

Niner National
February 27th, 2012, 03:56 PM
Haha.

I actually grew up about 4 miles from Sun Valley. I went to Weddington though.

Twentysix
February 27th, 2012, 04:00 PM
Haha.

I actually grew up about 4 miles from Sun Valley. I went to Weddington though.

Do they have alot of weddings in weddington? These town names are hilarious.

Have you ever been down the road to Pinetreeville? You just go a little bit past Sun Valley. If you hit Wet-Lake you have missed it.

GlassOnion
February 27th, 2012, 04:00 PM
Yes, and how much do you think the Yosef Club would bring in if it didn't have football? When Charlotte gets fball going, do you really think our numbers will be the same? Really? Think hard before you post.

BY the way, I seriously doubt Yosef truly brings in 3x the numbers the 49er club does.

I see. Since uncc has decided to not even field a team, they are entitled to criticize other programs without retribution. Classy group of fans you got there.

Get back to us when you get past the pop warner schedule, daddys busy.

Saint3333
February 27th, 2012, 04:04 PM

I'd hate to bring math back into the conversation for obvious reasons, but the last data I saw UNCC raised $900K vs. ASU's $2.6M, so it is just under 3x, I'm using UNCC as the base in this one.

asumike83
February 27th, 2012, 04:06 PM
I'd hate to bring math back into the conversation for obvious reasons, but the last data I saw UNCC raised $900K vs. ASU's $2.6M, so it is just under 3x, I'm using UNCC as the base in this one.

No, no, no Saint! Why are you using $900K as the base? That $1.7M difference is less than half of $2.6M. Not even twice as much, check your math! xlolx

Apphole
February 27th, 2012, 04:18 PM

Have you ever been down the road to Pinetreeville? You just go a little bit past Sun Valley. If you hit Wet-Lake you have missed it.
No ****, there is a Pineville close by

asumike83
February 27th, 2012, 04:21 PM
No ****, there is a Pineville close by

Birthplace of James K. Polk. Don't hate!

Apphole
February 27th, 2012, 04:28 PM
Birthplace of James K. Polk. Don't hate!

Not hating just pointing out irony in the Bison fan's post

asumike83
February 27th, 2012, 04:36 PM
Not hating just pointing out irony in the Bison fan's post

Ha. I know man, just messing with you. Nobody would ever hate on Pine-vegas!

Apphole
February 27th, 2012, 04:40 PM
Ha. I know man, just messing with you. Nobody would ever hate on Pine-vegas!

Carolina Place mall baby!

49RFootballNow
February 27th, 2012, 04:44 PM

3X as much contributions as us you say? xeyebrowx

Looks a lot closer to 2X more, in CHARLOTTE'S favor.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/ncaa-finances.htm

xawesomex

Saint3333
February 27th, 2012, 04:55 PM
Not sure what UNCC's amount includes but that is certainly more than just athletic scholarship donations.

I'm strictly talking about athletic scholarship donations. ASU's contributions to the Yosef Club were $2.6M in 2011.

Apphole
February 27th, 2012, 05:02 PM
They got a big check from the entity primarily responsible for the ****ty state of the US economy, BOA. That pretty little stadium might get repoed soon after it's built

49RFootballNow
February 27th, 2012, 05:09 PM
Not sure what UNCC's amount includes but that is certainly more than just athletic scholarship donations.

I'm strictly talking about athletic scholarship donations. ASU's contributions to the Yosef Club were $2.6M in 2011.

I imagine because we both answer to the pointy-heads in the Tricky Dick Spangler Center, that the exact same type of stuff goes into our's and your's. ALL donations to the athletics program would be my assumption.

They got a big check from the entity primarily responsible for the ****ty state of the US economy, BOA. That pretty little stadium might get repoed soon after it's built

Oh, I sure wish we had got a BoA check.

Apphole
February 27th, 2012, 05:11 PM
Perhaps the UNCC rivals rep is also in charge of publishing their donation figures...

Niner National
February 27th, 2012, 05:23 PM

I'm fairly certain its just for scholarships. We have a couple very big fundraising events each year that raise a lot of money. An auction and a golf tournament. We also have several corporate sponsors from businesses in the city. None of what FedEx is to Memphis, but I'm sure they all add up to a fairly significant chunk of money.

91Niner
February 27th, 2012, 05:58 PM
3X as much contributions as us you say? xeyebrowx

Looks a lot closer to 2X more, in CHARLOTTE'S favor.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/ncaa-finances.htm

xawesomex

hahaha....that is classic.

GlassOnion
February 27th, 2012, 06:38 PM
Perhaps the UNCC rivals rep is also in charge of publishing their donation figures...

The linked site is Bull Sht. You'd think someone with a four year degree could see that the site linked was published in 09. I have both budgets:

App's 2011 budget was $17,896,885

uncc's 2011 budget, $13,723,303

By the way, their donations figure is published in their football study, and ASU's is in our feasability study.

49RFootballNow
February 27th, 2012, 06:40 PM
The linked site is Bull Sht. You'd think someone with a four year degree could see that the site linked was published in 09. I have both budgets:

App's 2011 budget was $17,896,885

uncc's 2011 budget, $13,723,303

By the way, their donations figure is published in their football study, and ASU's is in our feasability study.

Where's your link?

Did I say it wasn't from the 2009-10 year? That was only 2 years ago. Maybe that's not part of the feasibility you're talking about? What was that about someone with a 4 year degree?

GlassOnion
February 27th, 2012, 06:46 PM
http://ope.ed.gov/athletics/GetOneInstitutionData.aspx

ThompsonThe
February 27th, 2012, 11:42 PM
Thought KBS seating was something like 25,600 before they put the temporary seating in. Was sure I read that.

citdog
February 27th, 2012, 11:52 PM
Where's your link?

Did I say it wasn't from the 2009-10 year? That was only 2 years ago. Maybe that's not part of the feasibility you're talking about? What was that about someone with a 4 year degree?

http://static.fjcdn.com/comments/+_0fdd16cfbffa6fede94b5d6be81ea435.jpg

citdog
February 27th, 2012, 11:52 PM
Where's your link?

http://static.fjcdn.com/comments/+_0fdd16cfbffa6fede94b5d6be81ea435.jpg

Mountaineer#96
February 28th, 2012, 07:39 AM

I grew up in Weddington, had friends that went to Scum Valley and stayed away from Pineville after the gangstas rolled into Carolina Place's AO. Why would you people from way way up north even comment about anything down here in North Carolina, don't cha know aboot it? (in a Fargo accent)

Mountaineer#96
February 28th, 2012, 07:41 AM
Carolina Place mall baby!

That place totally got overran by thugs once Eastland shut down.

Apphole
February 28th, 2012, 08:10 AM
I grew up in Weddington, had friends that went to Scum Valley and stayed away from Pineville after the gangstas rolled into Carolina Place's AO. Why would you people from way way up north even comment about anything down here in North Carolina, don't cha know aboot it? (in a Fargo accent)

Weddington was the douchiest high school in the area. Were you lucky enough to see that 2006 football game? I didn't see another that exciting until I got to App State.

Mountaineer#96
February 28th, 2012, 08:18 AM
Weddington was the douchiest high school in the area. Were you lucky enough to see that 2006 football game? I didn't see another that exciting until I got to App State.

2006? I was long gone starting real life by then......we never lost to Scum while I was there. 37-7 and 41-0 if I remember correctly.

Apphole
February 28th, 2012, 08:26 AM
2006? I was long gone starting real life by then......we never lost to Scum while I was there. 37-7 and 41-0 if I remember correctly.

My senior year was the first time we beat them (2006) and I don't think Weddington has beaten SV since

WH49er
February 28th, 2012, 08:30 AM

Making up stuff out thin air again......you'll be a great lawyer.

Mountaineer#96
February 28th, 2012, 08:34 AM
My senior year was the first time we beat them (2006) and I don't think Weddington has beaten SV since

I wouldn't know, like I said I have moved on to bigger and better things. It was fun "back in the day" though.

Apphole
February 28th, 2012, 08:42 AM
Making up stuff out thin air again......you'll be a great lawyer.

I could have sworn one of you guys said BOA cut a huge check. It may have been on another message board.

WH49er
February 28th, 2012, 08:57 AM
Maybe this is what you speak of

http://www.wcnc.com/news/neighborhood-news/UNCC-names-stadium-for-2-prominent-donors-133001073.html

91Niner
February 28th, 2012, 09:15 AM
I could have sworn one of you guys said BOA cut a huge check. It may have been on another message board.

Yes, the one thats only inside your head.....:)

Apphole
February 28th, 2012, 09:56 AM
Yes, the one thats only inside your head.....:)

A dream....within a dream
http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/17900000/Leonardo-DiCaprio-as-Dom-Cobb-in-Inception-leonardo-dicaprio-17977567-1364-768.jpg

Niner National
February 29th, 2012, 08:39 AM

Hugh McColl, the founder of what is now Bank of America, and Jerry Richardson collectively donated 2.5 million for naming rights to the field.

Apphole
February 29th, 2012, 08:47 AM
Hugh McColl, the founder of what is now Bank of America, and Jerry Richardson collectively donated 2.5 million for naming rights to the field.

Yeah that's it. Any Wofford fans worried that ol' Jerry's cash flow is gonna start shifting from Wofford to Charlotte. Do y'all expect a new Panthers training camp location at UNCC?

91Niner
February 29th, 2012, 09:46 AM
Yeah that's it. Any Wofford fans worried that ol' Jerry's cash flow is gonna start shifting from Wofford to Charlotte. Do y'all expect a new Panthers training camp location at UNCC?

I would be surprised if that happened. Jerry is a Wofford alum and pumped a lot of money into Wofford's facility in return for training camp usage. Also, most teams like to get away from home for training camp.

Saint3333
February 29th, 2012, 12:12 PM
Concord is getting away from home for the Panthers ;-).

91Niner
February 29th, 2012, 02:00 PM
Concord is getting away from home for the Panthers ;-).

I wondered how long it would take one of you jack a$$es :) to post that BS as soon as I typed my post. You took the bait, but I'm surprised it took nearly 3 hours. BTW, I will remind you that the Charlotte campus has been inside of the Charlotte city limits for more than 20 years and is less than 10 miles from BoA Stadium in DOWNTOWN Charlotte.

49RFootballNow
February 29th, 2012, 02:03 PM
I wondered how long it would take one of you jack a$$es :) to post that BS as soon as I typed my post. You took the bait, but I'm surprised it took nearly 3 hours. BTW, I will remind you that the Charlotte campus has been inside of the Charlotte city limits for more than 20 years and is less than 10 miles from BoA Stadium in DOWNTOWN Charlotte.

I just wish he'd get it straight, it's Newell, not Concord.

Apphole
February 29th, 2012, 02:25 PM

12 minutes if there's no traffic. 30+ from 6am-8pm

Mountaineer#96
February 29th, 2012, 04:34 PM
12 minutes if there's no traffic. 30+ from 6am-8pm

With the amount of people slamming into each other on 485 yeah 30 seems about right people in the university area can't drive for *****.

asumike83
February 29th, 2012, 06:02 PM
With the amount of people slamming into each other on 485 yeah 30 seems about right people in the university area can't drive for *****.

If I never had to drive on 485 again in my life, my blood pressure would decrease significantly. The Pineville/Ballantyne stretch is an absolute nightmare any day after about 3:30.

ursus arctos horribilis
February 29th, 2012, 06:10 PM
If I never had to drive on 485 again in my life, my blood pressure would decrease significantly. The Pineville/Ballantyne stretch is an absolute nightmare any day after about 3:30.

Oh christ, you guys should see it around here at 5 o'clock! It's bit to backflap everywhere you look.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-xmIxcmm55o4/TZ2MAPE9R5I/AAAAAAAAByg/hFWcotx92kQ/s1600/Wagon-Train.jpg

asumike83
February 29th, 2012, 06:18 PM
Bit to backflap... xlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
February 29th, 2012, 06:57 PM
Bit to backflap... xlolx

I was sort of happy with myself for that one.:D