PDA

View Full Version : Sell Out?

Pages : 1 [2]

Sambow
December 28th, 2011, 05:36 PM
http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=383&d=1214037416

Could not agree more. Please come Jan. 7th, so these pissing matches can stop!

Hammerhead
December 28th, 2011, 08:40 PM
I've never written anything disparaging about Texas unless you count a post where I noted that Texas asked to join the Union when they couldn't survive as a separate republic. As for producing high school football players, N.D. is at a big disadvantage when the high school championships are played before Thanksgiving. Minnesota's championships are held Thanksgiving weekend. Don't Texas playoffs go to the middle of December?

Grizalltheway
December 28th, 2011, 08:45 PM
Corrections. The Texans that can't support themselves in their own state are coming to ND to share in the wealth.

Not surprising, considering Bush III has turned it into the state with the highest percentage of minimum wage jobs...

Sambow
December 28th, 2011, 09:05 PM
When will this turn back into a football thread?

TheBisonator
December 28th, 2011, 09:21 PM
This thread went to the center of the Earth.

Sambow
December 28th, 2011, 09:23 PM
I've never written anything disparaging about Texas unless you count a post where I noted that Texas asked to join the Union when they couldn't survive as a separate republic. As for producing high school football players, N.D. is at a big disadvantage when the high school championships are played before Thanksgiving. Minnesota's championships are held Thanksgiving weekend. Don't Texas playoffs go to the middle of December?

Yes, State Championships in Texas were held two weeks ago. That is the disadvantage for North Dakota? From what I have seen, North Dakota isn't turning out the national 4 and 5 star recruits that Texas is. Not to mention other highly touted recruits. Our kids are going ALL over the country. Look at LSU, OU, OK State, and a ton of other major colleges. I don't think that the disadvantage North Dakota has in the high school recruiting department is based on when the season ends. Rivals.com has 12 players in there top 100 from Texas, North Dakota has 0. Espn top 150 has 23 players from Texas, North Dakota has 0.

TheBisonator
December 28th, 2011, 09:34 PM
Yes, State Championships in Texas were held two weeks ago. That is the disadvantage for North Dakota? From what I have seen, North Dakota isn't turning out the national 4 and 5 star recruits that Texas is. Not to mention other highly touted recruits. Our kids are going ALL over the country. Look at LSU, OU, OK State, and a ton of other major colleges. I don't think that the disadvantage North Dakota has in the high school recruiting department is based on when the season ends. Rivals.com has 12 players in there top 100 from Texas, North Dakota has 0. Espn top 150 has 23 players from Texas, North Dakota has 0.

The disadvantage stems from the fact that North Dakota has 683,932 people. THAT is the disadvantage. You can walk more than three steps before bumping into a town of over 50,000 people in ND unlike Texas. We have a city of 106,000 people, a city of 62,000 people, a city of 53,000 people, a city of 41,000 people, and a city of 26,000 that's a suburb of the 106K city. That's IT as far as the decent-sized towns go in ND, at least in the general perception of Americans (20,000 or more).

Hammerhead
December 28th, 2011, 09:34 PM
I'm talking about high school students being at a disadvantage with the shorter season. My old high school, Fargo South had 9 regular season games. The entire state tournament only consists of 16 teams so the state champion plays a whopping 12 games while Texas teams could play something like 15 games if they make it to the finals.

TheBisonator
December 28th, 2011, 09:38 PM
I'm talking about high school students being at a disadvantage with the shorter season. My old high school, Fargo South had 9 regular season games. The entire state tournament only consists of 16 teams so the state champion plays a whopping 12 games while Texas teams could play something like 15 games if they make it to the finals.

This may sound odd, but Minnesota has even less reg. season games than ND. It's 8 games, but you're guaranteed a playoff game, since EVERYONE gets into the playoffs in MN, cause according to the MSHSL, EVERYONE IS SPECIAL!!! Cookies and hugs for everyone!!!

Professor Chaos
December 28th, 2011, 09:44 PM
When will this turn back into a football thread?
I agree, let's talk about real football...

http://i588.photobucket.com/albums/ss327/natedogg313/Lingerie-Football-League_3.jpg

Looks like the Philadephia Passion and the Las Vegas Sin are on a collision course for the Lingerie Bowl. The Passion have an exciting offense with some explosive weapons at WR in Kia Davidson and Chrystal Leach. Meanwhile, the Sin have a stout defense with FS Jenny Yukich-Gardenhire patrolling the middle of the field.

Sambow
December 28th, 2011, 09:45 PM
I'm not sure if you have been to Texas but there are several HUGE cities. Go look at where the recruits are coming from. Towns of 3000-5000 people. Some come from the cities but that is it. We don't have towns of 50,000 people everywhere. There are HUGE areas of the state that are as sparse as anywhere in the country. Teams in west Texas travel hours for games. Your population argument means nothing. Football isn't huge in the cities. However, it shuts down every small town in Texas every Friday. We live for it down here.

swaghook
December 28th, 2011, 09:52 PM
I'm not sure if you have been to Texas but there are several HUGE cities. Go look at where the recruits are coming from. Towns of 3000-5000 people. Some come from the cities but that is it. We don't have towns of 50,000 people everywhere. There are HUGE areas of the state that are as sparse as anywhere in the country. Teams in west Texas travel hours for games. Your population argument means nothing. Football isn't huge in the cities. However, it shuts down every small town in Texas every Friday. We live for it down here.

Texas has a major population advantage over ND. But I will say I think a lot of ND kids get over looked by national recruiting sites.

Sambow
December 28th, 2011, 09:57 PM
Texas has a major population advantage over ND. But I will say I think a lot of ND kids get over looked by national recruiting sites.

Possibly, but I don't think that population alone is what gives Texas its rep for being a football state.

Sambow
December 28th, 2011, 10:03 PM

As far as teams go, Texas has 16 of the top 100 for 2011, North Dakota has 0. That being said, only one of the teams from Texas is below the 4a level. That is reflective of the size of the schools. Probably why ND does not have more representation.

swaghook
December 28th, 2011, 10:09 PM
You will get to see some ND kids on the NDSU team Jan 7th. Then you can tell me whether or not those kids can play some good ball.

Sambow
December 28th, 2011, 10:15 PM
You will get to see some ND kids on the NDSU team Jan 7th. Then you can tell me whether or not those kids can play some good ball.

I don't doubt they can and I have seen them play. Very Impressed. The 7th will be fun. Our Kats can play a little too though.

chazg
December 29th, 2011, 12:26 AM
Another FYI:

Texas class 5A largest HS population = Plano East 6171
Texas class 5A smallest HS population = Fort Bend Marshall 1390 (several schools play up a division due to their district or geography)
Texas Class 4A largest HS population = Carrollton Creekview 2062

Twentysix
December 29th, 2011, 04:19 AM
Another FYI:

Texas class 5A largest HS population = Plano East 6171
Texas class 5A smallest HS population = Fort Bend Marshall 1390 (several schools play up a division due to their district or geography)
Texas Class 4A largest HS population = Carrollton Creekview 2062

Haha. I think North Dakota has like 8 high schools that are between 1000 and 2000 students.

My highschool had 38-50 depending on the year. I graduated in a class of 11 that included a foreign exchange kid from germany.

McNeese72
December 29th, 2011, 08:20 AM
Haha. I think North Dakota has like 8 high schools that are between 1000 and 2000 students.

My highschool had 38-50 depending on the year. I graduated in a class of 11 that included a foreign exchange kid from germany.

My state is better than your state........oh......wait......I live in Louisiana. My state is worse than your state!!!! :)

Doc

Is it Jan. 7th yet??

Houndawg
December 29th, 2011, 08:52 AM
My state is better than your state........oh......wait......I live in Louisiana. My state is worst than your state!!!! :)

But your state isn't boring...

Vitojr130
December 29th, 2011, 09:19 AM
This may sound odd, but Minnesota has even less reg. season games than ND. It's 8 games, but you're guaranteed a playoff game, since EVERYONE gets into the playoffs in MN, cause according to the MSHSL, EVERYONE IS SPECIAL!!! Cookies and hugs for everyone!!!

Haha Everyone IS special though in Minnesota though! Don't forget that they base their playoffs on conference seedings, so whether you play in a weak conference or a strong conference, your chances of making a post-season run are about the same... until of course you play a team from another conference. For instance: My senior year of high school (back in the '08-'09 season) when I played football last, my team took first in our conference. We made it to state. However, the 3rd place team in our conference, St. Cloud Tech, went off on their 5A football playoff run and got their a$$es handed to them in the fashion of 38-0 thanks to Wayzata.

Fact. Outside of Fargo, West Fargo, Grand Forks, Bismarck, Mandan, Dickinson, Williston, and Minot, I can't think of a single high school that has over 1000 students. MAYBE Wahpeton, but I think that is stretching it.

MplsBison
December 29th, 2011, 01:14 PM
Haha Everyone IS special though in Minnesota though! Don't forget that they base their playoffs on conference seedings, so whether you play in a weak conference or a strong conference, your chances of making a post-season run are about the same... until of course you play a team from another conference. For instance: My senior year of high school (back in the '08-'09 season) when I played football last, my team took first in our conference. We made it to state. However, the 3rd place team in our conference, St. Cloud Tech, went off on their 5A football playoff run and got their a$$es handed to them in the fashion of 38-0 thanks to Wayzata.

Fact. Outside of Fargo, West Fargo, Grand Forks, Bismarck, Mandan, Dickinson, Williston, and Minot, I can't think of a single high school that has over 1000 students. MAYBE Wahpeton, but I think that is stretching it.

MN section seedings depend on the rules of the section. Some award points based on if the win was over a 5A, 4A, etc.

What about Turtle Mountain? Maybe not 250 kids per class 9-12, but I believe they're 3A in football now.

Twentysix
December 29th, 2011, 05:59 PM

Wahpeton had less than 500 in 06. I promise its under 1000 in 2011.

Cocky
December 30th, 2011, 08:05 AM

It sucked that foreign kid came in or everyone would have had a top ten GPA.

El Gato
December 30th, 2011, 10:59 AM

graduated in a class of 876. 5,000 students at my HS in South Texas. Started with over 1000 freshman and then of course kids dropout.

Vitojr130
December 30th, 2011, 11:30 AM
graduated in a class of 876. 5,000 students at my HS in South Texas. Started with over 1000 freshman and then of course kids dropout.

Wayzata is the largest high school in Minnesota and it barely has over 3000 students. However, I believe there are a lot more high schools per capita here than in most states... Wikipedia lists my high school as having over 1600 students and that is a damn lie. I graduated with 250 and all the class sizes were roughly the same.

MplsBison
December 30th, 2011, 01:35 PM
Wayzata is the largest high school in Minnesota and it barely has over 3000 students. However, I believe there are a lot more high schools per capita here than in most states... Wikipedia lists my high school as having over 1600 students and that is a damn lie. I graduated with 250 and all the class sizes were roughly the same.

http://www.mshsl.org/mshsl/enrollments.asp

(these are for 10-12)

Wayzata and EP have over 1000 kids per class - so that would be over 4000 in 9-12. There are a few more over 2500 in 10-12 as well.

IMO it should be against state law for more than 500 kids per class.

Vitojr130
December 30th, 2011, 01:42 PM
http://www.mshsl.org/mshsl/enrollments.asp

(these are for 10-12)

Wayzata and EP have over 1000 kids per class - so that would be over 4000 in 9-12. There are a few more over 2500 in 10-12 as well.

IMO it should be against state law for more than 500 kids per class.

yeah I should have not trusted wikipedia. My friend just told me that his class from blaine (2010) had about 1200. That's ridiculous. His graduation class was the size of my high school.

MplsBison
December 30th, 2011, 01:50 PM
Probably a lot of those open enroll to Blaine. The school district doesn't give a crap - more kids means more money ($X per head).

Who cars if Blaine HS was only built to hold 2500 kids total at 30 per classroom. (I'm making up the numbers, you get what I'm trying to say)

Twentysix
December 30th, 2011, 06:16 PM

My class would beat your class in 3 on 3 basketball. xlolx

Hammerhead
December 31st, 2011, 06:34 PM
My dad liked to brag that he graduated 5th in his class. Ne never mentioned that there were only 5 seniors in his class. :)

ursus arctos horribilis
December 31st, 2011, 07:19 PM
My dad liked to brag that he graduated 5th in his class. Ne never mentioned that there were only 5 seniors in his class. :)

HH, you might want to tell him that there were only 4 and see if he cops to it.xlolx

NDSUDude23
January 1st, 2012, 02:03 AM
Getting back on topic, NDSU released 300 tickets yesterday to fans with piority points that had tryed but weren't alloted them in the first batch. Picked up 4 tickets at $40 a piece, avoided paying $250 per ticket on stubhub. Needless to say I was pretty excited. :D I couldn't help but wonder how they got these tickets. Any ideas as to where these came from? Magic perhaps? Mine are in section 115 Can't wait for Frisco

TexasTerror
January 1st, 2012, 08:39 AM
Getting back on topic, NDSU released 300 tickets yesterday to fans with piority points that had tryed but weren't alloted them in the first batch. Picked up 4 tickets at $40 a piece, avoided paying $250 per ticket on stubhub. Needless to say I was pretty excited. :D I couldn't help but wonder how they got these tickets. Any ideas as to where these came from? Magic perhaps? Mine are in section 115 Can't wait for Frisco

Any idea where these tickets came from? Was this NDSU's allotment after they had shifted the spirit groups?

NoDak 4 Ever
January 1st, 2012, 08:48 AM
Any idea where these tickets came from? Was this NDSU's allotment after they had shifted the spirit groups?

There are some conflicting stories. Some say they were held back to ensure all deserving parties would get tickets, others say they were returned by the players/staff/coaches who didn't want them.

There was an interesting note in the paper that said they actually had 5200 tickets to distribute. I don't know if SHSU had an equal amount or how that many were procured.

chazg
January 1st, 2012, 09:15 AM
Could be the players, coaches, and other staff that had a ticket and was not going to use them were asked to return them to the university to be sold. Since these were comp tickets, they probably could not sell them without getting in trouble with the school.

NDB
January 1st, 2012, 10:49 AM
It took almost 4 hours to sell the 300 tickets.

swaghook
January 1st, 2012, 12:59 PM
It took almost 4 hours to sell the 300 tickets.

Only those with points could buy and I'm assuming that the demand had wavered because people have less time to make plans to attend. I'm sure there are fans with 0 points still trying to get tickets at a good price and will be trying to get in on the SRO tickets.

chazg
January 1st, 2012, 01:04 PM
This game should be SRO and look very good on TV.

chazg
January 1st, 2012, 08:17 PM
For those looking for some last minute tickets:

from the NCAA website - A limited amount of standing room only tickets will be sold to the general public starting Jan. 3 at 11 a.m. ET.

LakesBison
January 1st, 2012, 10:05 PM
Thats old news.

NDSU will bring 12,000 fans, its.amazing how many people bought on stubhub, ahead of time and ncaa.com

bearkat pride
January 1st, 2012, 10:30 PM
no way NDSU has more fans than SAM, stop with the pipe dream.xlolx

LakesBison
January 1st, 2012, 11:02 PM
Your named,after me ndsu will bring more

Sambow
January 1st, 2012, 11:10 PM
There are some conflicting stories. Some say they were held back to ensure all deserving parties would get tickets, others say they were returned by the players/staff/coaches who didn't want them.

There was an interesting note in the paper that said they actually had 5200 tickets to distribute. I don't know if SHSU had an equal amount or how that many were procured.

Are you coming to the game?

Hammerhead
January 2nd, 2012, 05:59 PM
There would be if SHSU didn't punch their ticket to the championship game the day before NDSU did. I would be surprised if at least 33% in attendance aren't from NDSU.

LakesBison
January 2nd, 2012, 07:22 PM
50/50 ndsu/shsu at least.

Problem is NDSU fans will wear yellow or.green, there is no.dam solidarity

Hammerhead
January 2nd, 2012, 07:44 PM
Bison fans did good job on the green and gold out for the semifinal game so I'm hopeful there will be lots of yellow on Saturday.

swaghook
January 2nd, 2012, 08:14 PM
You might just be surprised at how many Bison fans make it.

LakesBison
January 2nd, 2012, 11:58 PM
Green or yellow? Green stands out better

Twentysix
January 3rd, 2012, 07:07 AM

We are gonna wear green jerseys in the stands.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 3rd, 2012, 07:16 AM
We are gonna wear green jerseys in the stands.

If anybody cares, the Alumni Association is saying to wear yellow to go with the team color choice.

Gil Dobie
January 3rd, 2012, 08:05 AM

Heard some of the priority season ticket holders ordered more tickets than they could use, so these are partially some of the returned tickets.

LakesBison
January 3rd, 2012, 10:55 AM
OUR 8 goes with Green!

Bearkat-Backer
January 3rd, 2012, 10:59 AM
Our 8 goes with Green!
FIFY

LakesBison
January 3rd, 2012, 11:14 AM
cell auto correct, dang!

LakesBison
January 3rd, 2012, 09:44 PM
http://dallas.craigslist.org/search/tia?query=fcs&srchType=A&minAsk=&maxAsk=

TONS of tickets for sale. and Fargo Craigslist!

89Hen
January 4th, 2012, 08:43 AM

Yellow stands out better.

LakesBison
January 4th, 2012, 08:49 AM
Vs orange I,meant no?

Sam_Kats
January 4th, 2012, 08:55 AM
Vs orange I,meant no?

Were we supposed to PRESS 1 for English??

ndsu71und74
January 4th, 2012, 07:36 PM
What's with Stub Hub? I was GIVEN two tickets and wanted to sell them but can't get in/on. And it says they have only 3 tickets left to sell? Come on.

LakesBison
January 4th, 2012, 10:18 PM
http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/sports/Fans-Flock-to-Sell-Out-FCS-Game-136698763.html <<< says "we didnt realize bison travel in herds" its gonna be sold out and crazy!!

Hammerhead
January 5th, 2012, 07:53 AM
It may be too late to ship tickets for them to be posted on stubhub.

What's with Stub Hub? I was GIVEN two tickets and wanted to sell them but can't get in/on. And it says they have only 3 tickets left to sell? Come on.

89Hen
January 5th, 2012, 08:29 AM
Vs orange I,meant no?

Not necessarily. I went to a UVA/WVU bowl game and it was 2/3 yellow and 1/3 orange and you could easily see the demarcation in the stands. Green doesn't stand out anywhere except maybe a Penn State white out.

Hammerhead
January 8th, 2012, 06:32 PM
Where were all the scalpers trying to sell all of those unused tickets. :) I only heard one guy trying to sell tickets and only saw what looked like a few dozen empty seats.

Sambow
January 8th, 2012, 11:00 PM
Where were all the scalpers trying to sell all of those unused tickets. :) I only heard one guy trying to sell tickets and only saw what looked like a few dozen empty seats.

Agreed. We had people asking us for tickets because there weren't any. Great turn out and I can't believe ya'll turned out in such force. MAJOR PROPS to NDSU. I did NOT expect that.

LakesBison
January 9th, 2012, 01:59 AM
12,000+ ndsu fans easily

swaghook
January 9th, 2012, 09:40 AM

As we walked in there were at least a couple guys with tickets fanned out still trying to sell em.

Uncle Rico's Clan
January 9th, 2012, 11:31 AM
Does anyone know what the official attendance was?

Sammy94
January 9th, 2012, 11:46 AM
20,586 is what I saw.

MplsBison
January 9th, 2012, 12:39 PM
I would say something like 12k NDSU fans to 8k Sam Houston fans. Funny to think a team from North Dakota had more fans in Texas than a team from Texas.

Not only that but SHSU has a higher enrollment.

Place looked pretty full from my seat. Probably could've squeezed in a few hundred more into empty (but paid for) seats.

The principle of the thing is still broken. There is no such thing as a one size fits all allotment of tickets. It has to be scaled every year for each team.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 9th, 2012, 12:53 PM
I would say something like 12k NDSU fans to 8k Sam Houston fans. Funny to think a team from North Dakota had more fans in Texas than a team from Texas.

Not only that but SHSU has a higher enrollment.

Place looked pretty full from my seat. Probably could've squeezed in a few hundred more into empty (but paid for) seats.

The principle of the thing is still broken. There is no such thing as a one size fits all allotment of tickets. It has to be scaled every year for each team.

We were in the corner on the Bison side. There were a few Sam fans behind us and in front of us but it looked way more full on our side. There was almost a whole section on the Sam side that was half Bison fans. They were talking over on KatFans about how loud and organized our cheering was. I just thought that's what you did.

TheRevSFA
January 9th, 2012, 01:00 PM
view from my seats..not a great shot...

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/404965_933408495118_38701759_39436269_164925990_n. jpg

Sambow
January 9th, 2012, 01:31 PM
We were in the corner on the Bison side. There were a few Sam fans behind us and in front of us but it looked way more full on our side. There was almost a whole section on the Sam side that was half Bison fans. They were talking over on KatFans about how loud and organized our cheering was. I just thought that's what you did.

What section were you in? I was in the corner on your side in 112 screaming my face off. Ya'll showed up in force. VERY impressive.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 9th, 2012, 01:51 PM
What section were you in? I was in the corner on your side in 112 screaming my face off. Ya'll showed up in force. VERY impressive.

I was also in 112 right in the back row. If you were high enough, there was a girl named Kelsey right in front of me and we sung happy birthday to her at the end of the game. She was pretty bummed.

Sambow
January 9th, 2012, 01:55 PM
I was also in 112 right in the back row. If you were high enough, there was a girl named Kelsey right in front of me and we sung happy birthday to her at the end of the game. She was pretty bummed.

I was on row nine. Also bummed.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 9th, 2012, 02:01 PM
I was on row nine. Also bummed.

She mentioned earlier that she wanted them to win because it was her birthday and some Sam fans a couple rows lower who knew her started singing and we all joined in.

Sammy94
January 9th, 2012, 02:03 PM
section 110

http://ksam1017.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/IMG-20120107-01104-390x280.jpg

Sambow
January 9th, 2012, 02:13 PM
She mentioned earlier that she wanted them to win because it was her birthday and some Sam fans a couple rows lower who knew her started singing and we all joined in.

Good call. I hope she was Hot!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D My job looks like it may transfer me to C-bus. When I get there we will have to hook up and wear out a few beers so that I can tell you how much better we are than you!!! xthumbsupx Not to mention the fact that ya'll have good golf and good deer hunting. What else do I need?

NoDak 4 Ever
January 9th, 2012, 02:16 PM
section 110

http://ksam1017.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/IMG-20120107-01104-390x280.jpg

Somewhere around here?

NoDak 4 Ever
January 9th, 2012, 02:17 PM
Good call. I hope she was Hot!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D My job looks like it may transfer me to C-bus. When I get there we will have to hook up and wear out a few beers so that I can tell you how much better we are than you!!! xthumbsupx Not to mention the fact that ya'll have good golf and good deer hunting. What else do I need?

Well I'm twice as old as your average college sophomore so I'm a little past ogling girls in the stands but if I could describe her objectively, she was pretty plain.