PDA

View Full Version : #1 Sam Houston State vs #2 North Dakota State

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

xcoach2
December 25th, 2011, 04:53 PM
Not crying at all just stating a fact that you would not be here with out this run in December. Im willing to bet the only game you attended at SHSU is the Semi-Final and you maybe didnt even make that.

<--- attended:

Western Illinois
Nicholls
Lamar
Northwestern St
Stonybrook
Montana St
Montana

NoDak 4 Ever
December 25th, 2011, 05:01 PM
<--- attended:

Western Illinois
Nicholls
Lamar
Northwestern St
Stonybrook
Montana St
Montana

Well good then, you can readily admit that the conference schedule padded the stats for them since you got to see them perform under their average for WIU SB and UM.

xcoach2
December 25th, 2011, 05:06 PM
Well good then, you can readily admit that the conference schedule padded the stats for them since you got to see them perform under their average for WIU SB and UM.

I can readily admit that I didn't see the Bearkats lose to a 6-5 team at home. I know that much.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 25th, 2011, 05:16 PM
I can readily admit that I didn't see the Bearkats lose to a 6-5 team at home. I know that much.

http://mizunogirl.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/27_weak-sauce.jpg

Your bit about Willie being taller than Bohl was better than that.

xcoach2
December 25th, 2011, 05:24 PM
http://mizunogirl.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/27_weak-sauce.jpg

Your bit about Willie being taller than Bohl was better than that.

I've yet to see you bring anything to the table other than calling other posters dumb. Your line that prompted my response was sophomoric at best. I do feel like Montana was a better offensive team than the Bison and presented more challenges. They also pounded UNI and the Bison weren't capable of it.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 25th, 2011, 05:27 PM
I've yet to see you bring anything to the table other than calling other posters dumb. Your line that prompted my response was sophomoric at best. I do feel like Montana was a better offensive team than the Bison and presented more challenges. They also pounded UNI and the Bison weren't capable of it.

NDSU beat UNI very comfortably. Should we say that because they managed to score 37 against WIU that means they are 17 pts better against common opponents? Your rep says it all "can only hope to improve"

Sambow
December 25th, 2011, 05:29 PM
First of all, "North Dakota" isn't eligible for the playoffs yet.

Second, SHSU has had one quality win in the playoffs, NDSU's wins were never in doubt. This still speaks to the quality of the SHSU conference schedule to rack up such gaudy stats only to not live up to it come playoff time.

He's got a great point, Trolly McBandwagon. If SBU had won, we would never have had to suffer your idiocy.

Not living up to it come playoff time? That is hilarious. They made the Championship Game!!!!! I guarantee you that there isn't one team in the playoffs that would not take a one point win and be happy with it this time of year including your Bison. W's are all that matter.

xcoach2
December 25th, 2011, 05:30 PM
NDSU beat UNI very comfortably. Should we say that because they managed to score 37 against WIU that means they are 17 pts better against common opponents? Your rep says it all "can only hope to improve"

Well, Sam did hold WIU to fewer points and yards but I wasn't going to go there since the game was 9/1. Lol, my rep.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 25th, 2011, 05:32 PM
Not living up to it come playoff time? That is hilarious. They made the Championship Game!!!!! I guarantee you that there isn't one team in the playoffs that would not take a one point win and be happy with it this time of year including your Bison. W's are all that matter.

I keep telling him, and the rest of you Decemberists that the trend doesn't look good for your team.

Sambow
December 25th, 2011, 05:36 PM
I keep telling him, and the rest of you Decemberists that the trend doesn't look good for your team.

I guess that is why they play the game. Nice name for us though.....Decemberists, BOOM!!! See ya'll in Frisco!

NoDak 4 Ever
December 25th, 2011, 05:40 PM
I guess that is why they play the game. Nice name for us though.....Decemberists, BOOM!!! See ya'll in Frisco!

I live in Ohio and this will be my 3rd Bison game of the season, can't wait.

Sambow
December 25th, 2011, 05:44 PM
I live in Ohio and this will be my 3rd Bison game of the season, can't wait.

Look us up when you get here. I plan on driving to the game and having someone else drive me home!

NoDak 4 Ever
December 25th, 2011, 08:17 PM
Look us up when you get here. I plan on driving to the game and having someone else drive me home!

I hope to catch up with many of you Sam fans. Not all, but many :)

Sambow
December 25th, 2011, 10:20 PM
I hope to catch up with many of you Sam fans. Not all, but many :)

Come on!!! All Bison fans are welcome to tailgate with us.

katstrapper
December 26th, 2011, 02:24 PM
ND4ever,

How can you say SHSU only had one quality playoff win? What is your definition of a quality playoff win?

katstrapper
December 26th, 2011, 02:34 PM
I don't see that NDSU defense giving 21 point in the opening 7 minutes...
They are just way too coached up and technically sound - I shudder to think what three weeks with that D-coordinator studying Sam Houston can do
I know this: Sam Houston better have a whole bunch of new looks on offense to throw out there come game day

Same comments as Montana fans about their defense, "technically sound. Very disciplined, etc......"

Gil Dobie
December 26th, 2011, 09:04 PM
Same comments as Montana fans about their defense, "technically sound. Very disciplined, etc......"

NDSU ain't Montana :)

Sambow
December 26th, 2011, 09:48 PM
NDSU ain't Montana :)

SHSU ain't GSU. :)

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 26th, 2011, 11:03 PM

Yup.

SHSU's offense is faster and less clumsy than GSU's. Sam won't cough up the turnovers that GSU did.

Sambow
December 26th, 2011, 11:12 PM
Yup.

SHSU's offense is faster and less clumsy than GSU's. Sam won't cough up the turnovers that GSU did.

I hope so.

Ajax
December 27th, 2011, 01:42 AM
Turnovers are a bit unpredictable. Even though these two teams don't cough it up very often, there's no saying one of these teams can't have a bad day in that department. If they do, it's lights out.
On a side note, all the talk, on-line bravado, and chest-thumping about how unstoppable this or that is sucks because that's all we can do until this game actually starts! The waiting game makes me crazy!xeyebrowx

Gil Dobie
December 27th, 2011, 05:43 AM

Never said they were. I have had SHSU rated #1 longer than most, since week 9, and probably have more respect for them than most going into the playoffs. I have not had NDSU rated #1 this year at any time. I was responding to some one that said people from Montana sais so and so.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 27th, 2011, 06:20 AM
I hope so.

This is what the game will probably come down to....turnovers.

LakesBison
December 28th, 2011, 11:01 AM
this thread isnt rivalling the ndsu-gsu one is it.

Sam_Kats
December 28th, 2011, 11:06 AM
The game will be better

Bearkat-Backer
December 28th, 2011, 12:27 PM
this thread isnt rivalling the ndsu-gsu one is it.

Because that is what's really important isn't it?

BisonBacker
December 28th, 2011, 11:18 PM
Having a three week layoff will do that but as the game draws near this thread will heat up.

Cleets
December 28th, 2011, 11:21 PM
Having a three week layoff will do that but as the game draws near this thread will heat up.

You're racist

(And I have a jet, but no camera)

Sambow
December 29th, 2011, 12:47 AM
You're racist

Well you are racist for calling him racist. My "friends" jet is in the shop but my camera still works, so at least I have that going for me.

BisonBacker
December 29th, 2011, 10:50 AM
You're racist

Uhmm what did I miss....deer in the headlight look!

Bearkat-Backer
December 29th, 2011, 10:53 AM
Uhmm what did I miss....deer in the headlight look!

alphagriz took his private jet to Huntsville and I broke his camera.

TheRevSFA
December 29th, 2011, 10:53 AM
alphagriz took his private jet to Huntsville and I broke his camera.

What a dick...breaking other people's imaginary cameras...

Sam_Kats
December 29th, 2011, 10:55 AM
I heard Alpha & his jet will be the flyover @ the NC game.

LakesBison
December 30th, 2011, 09:46 AM
1 week from today, ill be landing in Dallas. LETS PARTY!!!

Cleets
December 30th, 2011, 01:02 PM
I heard Alpha & his jet will be the flyover @ the NC game.

Possible POST of the WEEK xlolx

BisonHype!
December 30th, 2011, 01:13 PM
Nice... Post of the week should be on here somewhere. Polls, and you could vote for it.

Gil Dobie
January 2nd, 2012, 11:02 AM
Championship Trivia

NDSU is 3-2 in National Championship Games played in Texas

1965 Defeated Grambling 20-7 in the Pecan Bowl
1981 Lost to SW Texas St (Now Texas St) 13-42 Palm Bowl
1983 Defeated Central State (OH) 41-21 Palm Bowl
1984 Lost to Troy St 17-18 Palm Bowl
1985 Defeated North Alabama 35-7 Palm Bowl

Sammy94
January 2nd, 2012, 11:15 AM
Well at least they will even their record.

Gil Dobie
January 2nd, 2012, 12:01 PM
Well at least they will even their record.

What is SAM's record in championship games in Texas?

Professor Chaos
January 2nd, 2012, 12:14 PM
Another interesting factoid, this isn't the 1st time SHSU has squared off against a team from the Fago-Moorhead area in a national title game. In 1964 Sam Houston played Concordia Univeristy (Moorhead, MN) for the NAIA National Championship (http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/bowls/yearly_results.php?year=1964). The game ended in a 7-7 tie and the teams shared the title. I guess the moral of this story is if we've learned anything in the last 48 years it's that there's no such thing as a freakin tie in college football! Especially in a championship game.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 2nd, 2012, 12:19 PM
Another interesting factoid, this isn't the 1st time SHSU has squared off against a team from the Fago-Moorhead area in a national title game. In 1964 Sam Houston played Concordia Univeristy (Moorhead, MN) for the NAIA National Championship (http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/bowls/yearly_results.php?year=1964). The game ended in a 7-7 tie and the teams shared the title. I guess the moral of this story is if we've learned anything in the last 48 years it's that there's no such thing as a freakin tie in college football! Especially in a championship game.

Not to be nitpicky but Concordia is a College, not a University. There is a difference.

Ok, to be nitpicky....

LakesBison
January 2nd, 2012, 07:10 PM
Knob my cob....lets go bison game week lets ramp this up!!!!

Houndawg
January 2nd, 2012, 10:06 PM
Knob my cob....lets go bison game week lets ramp this up!!!!

JaBBer posted the pics on cs.com a couple of weeks ago.xcoffeex

bearkat pride
January 2nd, 2012, 10:55 PM
What is SAM's record in championship games in Texas?xeyebrowx

their undefeated xnodx

you ndsu fans are starting to act as douchie as montana fans.

Sambow
January 2nd, 2012, 11:01 PM
xeyebrowx

their undefeated xnodx

Funny

sgt smash
January 2nd, 2012, 11:07 PM
xeyebrowx

their undefeated xnodx

OK December.

Sambow
January 2nd, 2012, 11:15 PM
OK December.

OK October. :D

sgt smash
January 2nd, 2012, 11:18 PM
OK October. :D

but but but... I was born with a bison shirt on. I am a 27th generation Bison fan and I fixed Craig Bohls car once. xwhistlex

Sambow
January 2nd, 2012, 11:29 PM
but but but... I was born with a bison shirt on. I am a 27th generation Bison fan and I fixed Craig Bohls car once. xwhistlex

That is funny stuff! Can we please just get to Saturday already?!

Cleets
January 2nd, 2012, 11:35 PM
xeyebrowx

their undefeated xnodx

I hope you're not a student from SHSU...
Your use of grammar and lack of understanding the conjunction "They are" vs. Their is pretty much 6th grade English level stuff

xsmhx

LakesBison
January 2nd, 2012, 11:56 PM
Yep, your pain will end Saturday

That is funny stuff! Can we please just get to Saturday already?!

bearkat pride
January 3rd, 2012, 12:26 AM
I hope you're not a student from SHSU...
Your use of grammar and lack of understanding the conjunction "They are" vs. Their is pretty much 6th grade English level stuff

xsmhx

wow, talk **** about my grammer. this forum is complete a joke....

bearkat pride
January 3rd, 2012, 12:38 AM
isnt this site supposed to be about fcs football? the only thing it seems to be used for is "my daddy can beat up your daddy" type non-sense. this forum sucks and 80% of the users are delusional losers. have a nice life and enjoy bickering over dumb **** completely irrelevant to the subject at hand, im out.

sgt smash
January 3rd, 2012, 12:50 AM
im out.

Thanks.

Professor Chaos
January 3rd, 2012, 07:42 AM
isnt this site supposed to be about fcs football? the only thing it seems to be used for is "my daddy can beat up your daddy" type non-sense. this forum sucks and 80% of the users are delusional losers. have a nice life and enjoy bickering over dumb **** completely irrelevant to the subject at hand, im out.
What a shame, you're such a great contributor.

Go back to what you were doing in November.

Gil Dobie
January 3rd, 2012, 07:50 AM

Don't go away mad!

NoDak 4 Ever
January 3rd, 2012, 07:55 AM
What a shame, you're such a great contributor.

Go back to what you were doing in November.

he was reading everything he could about SHSU so he could come on here as their #1 fan.

Sam_Kats
January 3rd, 2012, 08:17 AM
Championship Trivia

NDSU is 3-2 in National Championship Games played in Texas

And one of the teams to beat them was from WHERE?? Geez...42-13 is a pretty good TEXAS thumping too. Hmmm

deez_na
January 3rd, 2012, 08:19 AM
Game time will finally be here this weekend, it's gonna be awesome. Wonder how much smack talk will get going again this week. Saturday can't come soon enough. Go Bison!

Gil Dobie
January 3rd, 2012, 08:30 AM
And one of the teams to beat them was from WHERE?? Geez...42-13 is a pretty good TEXAS thumping too. Hmmm

Just trying to add some useless trivia to the thread. Sorry you SAM fans are taking offense.

Sam_Kats
January 3rd, 2012, 08:32 AM
You need to understand the difference between "taking offense" & "proving a point."

Gil Dobie
January 3rd, 2012, 08:36 AM
You need to understand the difference between "taking offense" & "proving a point."

I haven't seen any point proven, so..................

Sam_Kats
January 3rd, 2012, 08:39 AM
I haven't seen any point proven, so..................

It will also be proven Jan 7 xthumbsupx

Gil Dobie
January 3rd, 2012, 08:49 AM
It will also be proven Jan 7 xthumbsupx

Which has nothing to do with the useless trivia I posted................

I looking forward to a great game :)

Sam_Kats
January 3rd, 2012, 08:53 AM
Which has nothing to do with the useless trivia I posted................

I looking forward to a great game :)

Agree - if it was ANYTHING like the Rose Bowl, we're in for a treat. Classic SPEED vs POWER. Great game!

LakesBison
January 3rd, 2012, 10:55 AM
oh, the decemberist's are leaving already, we hardly knew thee

steelbison
January 3rd, 2012, 10:59 AM
Just an FYI Kat fans. Don't think just because were from up North were slow.

Ask GSU fans how slow we are. You are going to be surprised at our quickness.

LakesBison
January 3rd, 2012, 11:00 AM
i dont like how when you click on fcs discussion it looks like sam houston vs north dakota (can we change that admin?)

Bearkat-Backer
January 3rd, 2012, 11:00 AM
oh, the decemberist's are leaving already, we hardly knew thee

You don't have a lot of room to talk.

BisonBacker
January 3rd, 2012, 11:02 AM

Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya!

LakesBison
January 3rd, 2012, 11:10 AM
Sept 2011? im a freshman, you guys aint that smart.

You don't have a lot of room to talk.

Sammy94
January 3rd, 2012, 11:12 AM

I like the pattern of this useless trivia.

deez_na
January 3rd, 2012, 11:19 AM
Sept 2011? im a freshman, you guys aint that smart.

These kats are slower than they claim, they can't help it.

DJKyR0
January 3rd, 2012, 02:36 PM
Looks like they've started painting the endzones:

http://p.twimg.com/AiQsM7JCIAAmN0c.jpg

NoDak 4 Ever
January 3rd, 2012, 02:48 PM

I hope they fill in the background with a bright yellow

Sam_Kats
January 3rd, 2012, 02:57 PM
Sweet!

Hammerhead
January 3rd, 2012, 02:58 PM
Last year, the end zones were painted like they are at the team's home stadiums. I hope they at least pain the letters yellow if they don't use a yellow background.

http://www.nmnathletics.com/fls/8500/FBMedia/11Guide/Images/2011_NCAAChampionships_PizzaHutPark.jpg

Sambow
January 3rd, 2012, 03:21 PM
This is going to be AWESOME!

LakesBison
January 3rd, 2012, 04:59 PM
LETS PARTY BABY!!!!!!!!!!

sgt smash
January 3rd, 2012, 06:44 PM

I thought there was an "S" at the end?

coldspot
January 3rd, 2012, 06:55 PM
I thought there was an "S" at the end?

if they add an "S" to the end of it lou holtz is going to be covered in his own spit trying to say it.

Cleets
January 3rd, 2012, 07:31 PM
This is going to be AWESOME!

I second that opinion..!!!! +1

Cleets
January 3rd, 2012, 07:32 PM
if they add an "S" to the end of it lou holtz is going to be covered in his own spit trying to say it.

xlolx

xawesomex

LakesBison
January 3rd, 2012, 08:57 PM
http://friscoblog.dallasnews.com/

This Saturday is the big game - the Sam Houston State Bearkats and the North Dakota State Bison will face off at noon at Pizza Hut Park for the 2012 NCAA FCS Football Championship. Teams will arrive in town on Wednesday. The game is a sellout, but a limited number of standing-room-only tickets will be available starting at 10 a.m. today. Click here for ticket information. The local organizing committee, Team Frisco, and the Frisco Chamber of Commerce are also calling on all Frisco businesses to show off their team spirit this week. "We'll be hosting more than 21,000 football fans for a national championship 'sellout' that will be televised all over the country," said Mayor Maher Maso, honorary chairman of the committee. "Together, let's make our visitors feel at home - and deliver some southern hospitality, Frisco style."

Hammerhead
January 3rd, 2012, 09:31 PM
Times were different back then. The 1977 North Dakota high school hockey championship game ended in a tie after 8 overtimes. I guess nobody had invented the shoutout yet. :-) Both Grand Forks schools were named co-champions. That must have been fun since those were the only schools to take state since it began in 1961 through 1978.

coldspot
January 4th, 2012, 01:49 AM
http://friscoblog.dallasnews.com/

This Saturday is the big game - the Sam Houston State Bearkats and the North Dakota State Bison will face off at noon at Pizza Hut Park for the 2012 NCAA FCS Football Championship. Teams will arrive in town on Wednesday. The game is a sellout, but a limited number of standing-room-only tickets will be available starting at 10 a.m. today. Click here for ticket information. The local organizing committee, Team Frisco, and the Frisco Chamber of Commerce are also calling on all Frisco businesses to show off their team spirit this week. "We'll be hosting more than 21,000 football fans for a national championship 'sellout' that will be televised all over the country," said Mayor Maher Maso, honorary chairman of the committee. "Together, let's make our visitors feel at home - and deliver some southern hospitality, Frisco style."

they forgot to ask the most important question: is Frisco ready for lakes?

LakesBison
January 4th, 2012, 08:52 AM
Coldspot, nice seein ya yesterday. Party at 3rdbasebar friday be there!!

coldspot
January 4th, 2012, 11:06 AM
Coldspot, nice seein ya yesterday. Party at 3rdbasebar friday be there!!

coldspot and coldspot sr (he lurks on here, not sure on his username) will be there.

Bearkat 41
January 4th, 2012, 11:17 AM
Can't wait for Saturday to get here. Hope everybody has safe travels!

No_Skill
January 4th, 2012, 12:10 PM
Last year, the end zones were painted like they are at the team's home stadiums. I hope they at least pain the letters yellow if they don't use a yellow background.

http://www.nmnathletics.com/fls/8500/FBMedia/11Guide/Images/2011_NCAAChampionships_PizzaHutPark.jpg

Notice that our endzone is in the same spot as last year's champ...

;)

LakesBison
January 4th, 2012, 01:21 PM
I think they made the BISON white. what the hell. yellow would look bad *** on the field. NDSU marketing staff... hello, hello...bueller?

Sambow
January 4th, 2012, 02:02 PM
I think they made the BISON white. what the hell. yellow would look bad *** on the field. NDSU marketing staff... hello, hello...bueller?

Speaking of colors, I think your boys will be seeing Orange flashes streaking by them all afternoon.

Sam_Kats
January 4th, 2012, 02:07 PM
Speaking of colors, I think your boys will be seeing Orange flashes streaking by them all afternoon.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...they think our coaching staff didn't prepare us & we had a cake-walk into the championship.

Carry on, Bison fans, about the 3 score victory you'll have on Saturday xrotatehx

Professor Chaos
January 4th, 2012, 02:08 PM
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...they think our coaching staff didn't prepare us & we had a cake-walk into the championship.

Carry on, Bison fans, about the 3 score victory you'll have on Saturday xrotatehx
Unless scores are worth 10 points in Texas it'll be way more than a 3 score victory for the Bison... :D

BisonHype!
January 4th, 2012, 02:10 PM

I don't know about a 3 score win, but good to see you agree that the Bison win.:D

Sam_Kats
January 4th, 2012, 02:13 PM
Maybe the sarcasm tree didn't make it through the freeze up there

BisonFan02
January 4th, 2012, 02:22 PM
Maybe the sarcasm tree didn't make it through the freeze up there

Tree? Whats a tree?

Sam_Kats
January 4th, 2012, 02:29 PM
Tree? Whats a tree?

Nice. Great point. Another reason to make the trip to Texas

BisonHype!
January 4th, 2012, 02:42 PM
Prediction: Bison Trample Kitty Kats....

BisonHype!
January 4th, 2012, 02:42 PM
Ya herd?

DJKyR0
January 4th, 2012, 02:48 PM

I think the only streaks we'll be seeing are those that appear in the pants of SHSU players after they get stuffed by the Bison defense a few times. I'll give it until the second quarter that those shorts stay dry.

Sam_Kats
January 4th, 2012, 02:50 PM
Tim Tebow wears orange. Just saying.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 4th, 2012, 02:51 PM

Yea, Tim Tebow sucks.

Sam_Kats
January 4th, 2012, 02:53 PM
Oh come on, NoDak. So defensive......

Wilson16
January 4th, 2012, 02:55 PM

Put that on the PRO side for NDSU and on the CON side for you

Sammy94
January 4th, 2012, 02:58 PM
Prediction: Big Tatanka has trouble with speedy Kats.

BisonHype!
January 4th, 2012, 03:03 PM
Prediction: Big Tatanka has trouble with speedy Kats.

Big Tatanka is sneaky fast....GaSo said the same thing about their speed. I think we will be able to keep up.

Sam_Kats
January 4th, 2012, 03:04 PM
Montana said the same thing..................

Sammy94
January 4th, 2012, 03:06 PM
and GSU doesn't have the defense to match.

Sambow
January 4th, 2012, 03:10 PM
Montana said the same thing..................

And how did that work out? Oh yeah, I think pretty well.......................

BisonHype!
January 4th, 2012, 03:10 PM
Your defense didn't exactly stop Montana either...

Sam_Kats
January 4th, 2012, 03:11 PM
And how did that work out? Oh yeah, I think pretty well.......................

Like the other 13

BisonHype!
January 4th, 2012, 03:11 PM
Our Offense, and our Defense is better than Montana. Should be a good game!xcoffeex

Sambow
January 4th, 2012, 03:15 PM
Our Offense, and our Defense is better than Montana. Should be a good game!xcoffeex

So is ours.

BisonHype!
January 4th, 2012, 03:25 PM
I am ready for Frisco! Should be a great game, and the better team will prevail. I am just predicting Texas to look like my Avatar on Saturday.xrotatehx

Sambow
January 4th, 2012, 03:40 PM
I am ready for Frisco! Should be a great game, and the better team will prevail. I am just predicting Texas to look like my Avatar on Saturday.xrotatehx

I wish this game carried that much weight down here but unfortunately most people don't even know it is going on.

BisonHype!
January 4th, 2012, 03:43 PM
Well with all of the big-time colleges that you have down there, it does make it tough to compete for fan base around there. Sad, a game like this you would hope pulls in some of the other college fans around Texas to pull for you. I am sure, as much as Sioux Fans hate the Bison, a good bunch of them are probably still rooting for them in this game. State Pride means something I think too.

deez_na
January 4th, 2012, 03:51 PM
Bison defense will hold there own and comparing the orange to Tebow made me laugh. Tebow is the most worthless throwing QB in the entire NFL

Sam_Kats
January 4th, 2012, 03:52 PM
Bison defense will hold there own and comparing the orange to Tebow made me laugh. Tebow is the most worthless throwing QB in the entire NFL

Wow - again......................................sarcasm guys.

deez_na
January 4th, 2012, 03:58 PM
Wow - again......................................sarcasm guys.

lol I know, it's still funny. I just got done listening to people talking about Tebow and it drives me nuts.

BisonHype!
January 4th, 2012, 04:01 PM
I think Tebow needs some work before he will be a legit QB in the NFL. He no doubt has the drive to win, and he has proved he can win tight games, but this is a Pass-Happy NFL these days. Needs to throw to get the respect at the QB position.

deez_na
January 4th, 2012, 04:08 PM
Yes there is no doubt he has the drive to win but he just isn't a passer, it's like watching a field goal ball flipping through the air when he throws it. His defense is the biggest reason they have won games, they been winning games while scoring under 20 points and his kicker saving him.

LakesBison
January 4th, 2012, 04:08 PM
are the sam houston fans going to be as cocky as longhorn fans? I sure hope not.
beating teams in the southland conf isnt quite the big 12.

Professor Chaos
January 4th, 2012, 04:15 PM
The bible is Tim Tebow's playbook.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQ6vat1DIRI

LakesBison
January 4th, 2012, 05:29 PM
awesome SNL skit. and sadly, since that skit TEBOW HASNT WON! dammit

NDSUFREAK
January 4th, 2012, 05:47 PM
From QB Brock Jensen's twitter...looks like field is done.
http://a.yfrog.com/img860/5334/of6sx.jpg

Anyone have a picture of SHSU's side?

Gil Dobie
January 5th, 2012, 08:29 AM
NDSU 42, SHSU 34....................Pick 6 is the difference in the end.

deez_na
January 5th, 2012, 08:41 AM
NDSU 42, SHSU 34....................Pick 6 is the difference in the end.

I love the outcome but I just don't see it being that high scoring but I could be wrong. I'm guessing more along the lines of 28-24 Bison

Hammerhead
January 5th, 2012, 08:51 AM
They haven't painted Snorty in the end zone yet. ;)

From QB Brock Jensen's twitter...looks like field is done.
http://a.yfrog.com/img860/5334/of6sx.jpg

Anyone have a picture of SHSU's side?

TheRevSFA
January 5th, 2012, 09:12 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/378706_2940037422648_1312544438_33236257_148411698 3_n.jpg

gokats85
January 5th, 2012, 09:23 AM
are the sam houston fans going to be as cocky as longhorn fans? I sure hope not.
beating teams in the southland conf isnt quite the big 12.

We're not like those idiots, don't paint us with the same brush as the 'horns (or t-sips as they are also known as). Are we excited? Yes! Cocky? No.

TheRevSFA
January 5th, 2012, 09:41 AM
We're not like those idiots, don't paint us with the same brush as the 'horns (or t-sips as they are also known as). Are we excited? Yes! Cocky? No.

FYI..this means that 85 is a member of that cult known as A&M

toolfan2232
January 5th, 2012, 10:12 AM
http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=69809&DB_OEM_ID=2400

awesome video about the Bison facilities......if you are going to play football in North Dakota I don't know why you would ever pick UND over NDSU..... Everyone should watch this video.

also here is a great 2010 Bison Highlight video.... I know it's 2010 but a lot of our players this year were on that team.... DJ Mcnorton #8 has some amazing highlights in here. He is going to be determined and have a great game this saturday IMO. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bk2sA3quRRA

gokats85
January 5th, 2012, 11:03 AM
FYI..this means that 85 is a member of that cult known as A&M

Yeah, I'm a cult member or at least a lot of my money is (with one kid already graduated and another who is a freshman there!)!

TheRevSFA
January 5th, 2012, 11:13 AM
Yeah, I'm a cult member or at least a lot of my money is (with one kid already graduated and another who is a freshman there!)!

Haha! I just like giving you crap 85..you know that.

gokats85
January 5th, 2012, 11:34 AM
Haha! I just like giving you crap 85..you know that.

And I enjoy throwin' it back! There's hope for you yet!

LakesBison
January 5th, 2012, 05:18 PM
wow, gsu-ndsu thread killed this one.

rexreed
January 5th, 2012, 09:36 PM
We have just as many idiots as the aggies and the longhorns, at least percentage wise.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69DfxmY1XFs

westdakotabison
January 5th, 2012, 10:04 PM
We have just as many idiots as the aggies and the longhorns, at least percentage wise.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69DfxmY1XFs

That's a pretty cool video!!

Sambow
January 5th, 2012, 10:21 PM
wow, gsu-ndsu thread killed this one.

But the outcome of the game will be different.

caribbeanhen
January 6th, 2012, 07:35 AM
Sammy gave me every opportunity to jump on the wagon like 90 percent of the Sammy fans on here have done, but I have refused.

here's a gone fishin prediction for you: Flanders will look more like Flounders tomorrow as the Bison whip the Kitties

NDST - 35
USHS - 21

Bearkat-Backer
January 6th, 2012, 08:38 AM
Sammy gave me every opportunity to jump on the wagon like 90 percent of the Sammy fans on here have done, but I have refused.

here's a gone fishin prediction for you: Flanders will look more like Flounders tomorrow as the Bison whip the Kitties

NDST - 35
USHS - 21

That is the kiss of death for the Bison.

Gil Dobie
January 6th, 2012, 08:48 AM

We'll have to see who's kiss-o-death is stronger, as Cap'n Cat has picked SHSU on cs.com.

caribbeanhen
January 6th, 2012, 09:15 AM

knew you would appreciate "my help" bkb - if you guys win, you get an invite to the CAA next year

Bronco
January 6th, 2012, 09:57 AM
The game is finally here.
Wake up in the morning..take my pre-game sauna and settle in for a late morning start.
Love the 11AM start time xsalutex

All those that are picking against NDSU in a big game are making the same mistake I've made many times over the years. xnonox
No more

NDSU 28
Sam 24

SammyBearkat09
January 6th, 2012, 12:26 PM
My first post on here. I have been a avid Sam Houston fan since I attended in '04. All I know is this has been a lot of fun and a great ride. Whoever wins this game great for them, but I hope its the Kats Good luck to both teams and I hope to meet some of you Bisons tomorrow at the game.
-Eat Em' Up.

deez_na
January 6th, 2012, 12:31 PM
My first post on here. I have been a avid Sam Houston fan since I attended in '04. All I know is this has been a lot of fun and a great ride. Whoever wins this game great for them, but I hope its the Kats Good luck to both teams and I hope to meet some of you Bisons tomorrow at the game.
-Eat Em' Up.

Yup it should be a great game and I hope it is but only way I can enjoy that is if the Bison come up with the win. Wish I could be down there for the game but I'll be plenty happy watching it on tv. Good luck to both. Go Bison

Bison56
January 6th, 2012, 03:12 PM
Is it me or is time slowing down the closer it gets to kick off. I cant find enough things to do to pass the time.

deez_na
January 6th, 2012, 03:26 PM
Is it me or is time slowing down the closer it gets to kick off. I cant find enough things to do to pass the time.

Yeah I hear ya, this day has been going so slow. It's driving me nuts. Tomorrow is gonna be a fun day, can't wait for game time. Should be a very good game.

darell1976
January 6th, 2012, 03:30 PM
So if the Bison win.....do they have what it takes to repeat? Ex. lots of starters coming back, and no chance of Bohl leaving for the FBS.

Snowgoose
January 6th, 2012, 03:55 PM
So if the Bison win.....do they have what it takes to repeat? Ex. lots of starters coming back, and no chance of Bohl leaving for the FBS.

I don't think the defense will miss a beat next year as they lose 2 linebackers and a good dEnd and a free safety, but they all have pretty good replacements except for the question mark at free safety.

The offense will miss their best WR and three great lineman. These are the things that will be difficult to replace right away. The Bison always seem to have good lineman so it might be fine, but we will see how the two receivers that were suppose to be so good this year make it back from injury as they basically haven't played since the minnesota game.

darell1976
January 6th, 2012, 04:03 PM
I don't think the defense will miss a beat next year as they lose 2 linebackers and a good dEnd and a free safety, but they all have pretty good replacements except for the question mark at free safety.

The offense will miss their best WR and three great lineman. These are the things that will be difficult to replace right away. The Bison always seem to have good lineman so it might be fine, but we will see how the two receivers that were suppose to be so good this year make it back from injury as they basically haven't played since the minnesota game.

They seem to have McNorton's replacement with Ojuri. He's come on really strong in the playoffs.

X-Factor
January 6th, 2012, 04:20 PM
Bison are pretty well set for the next two years. Most of the key players are sophomores now. 2013 will be the really strong year, not this potential championship season or next season.

darell1976
January 6th, 2012, 04:29 PM
Bison are pretty well set for the next two years. Most of the key players are sophomores now. 2013 will be the really strong year, not this potential championship season or next season.

Kansas State, Montana State and Western Carolina for OOC games. MSU should be a good one, KSU could be a good one they seem to have a roller coaster season this one was a good one for them (they went 10-2 this year, 2008 they went 5-7). WCU should be a blowout win.

NDSUFREAK
January 6th, 2012, 08:04 PM
Not to mention MIKE SIGERS coming back next year!! Sigers might be better than DJ and Ojuri...scary I know.

Sambow
January 6th, 2012, 09:32 PM
I love these last few posts. What if the Kats win?! Don't think all you have to do is show up and pick up a trophy. There is still a game. Not to mention that our team loses less than your team does (as far as upper classmen). GO KATS!!!!!!!!!!!!

NDSUFREAK
January 6th, 2012, 10:46 PM
I love these last few posts. What if the Kats win?! Don't think all you have to do is show up and pick up a trophy. There is still a game. Not to mention that our team loses less than your team does (as far as upper classmen). GO KATS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well then discuss that question with SHSU fans...it wasn't even a BISON fan that brought that question up about next year's team...get over it.

Sambow
January 6th, 2012, 11:18 PM
Well then discuss that question with SHSU fans...it wasn't even a BISON fan that brought that question up about next year's team...get over it.

Get over it? I have read yalls mess for three weeks and been very polite about it. SAM WILL WIN THIS GAME and then you will have to eat crow and "get over it"!!!!

Sambow
January 6th, 2012, 11:24 PM

I started a thread about this very topic. Feel free to drop a line. Will you be at the game? As my thread says, I will be there at 9 am. feel free to stop by for a bloody mary. GO KATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

344Johnson
January 6th, 2012, 11:32 PM
Not to mention MIKE SIGERS coming back next year!! Sigers might be better than DJ and Ojuri...scary I know.

No. Sigers was not as good as DJ or Sam. He is/was too small. He was an awesome special teams player and a great change of pace back, but not worthy of saying he is better than DJ or Sam. I have heard he could be back but there hasn't been anything official last time I checked?

Houndawg
January 7th, 2012, 05:02 AM
No. Sigers was not as good as DJ or Sam. He is/was too small. He was an awesome special teams player and a great change of pace back, but not worthy of saying he is better than DJ or Sam. I have heard he could be back but there hasn't been anything official last time I checked?

Good solid backs that run where the blocking takes them and can block and catch, but nothing exceptional. Paschall was better.

T-Dog
January 7th, 2012, 05:14 AM
I'll take SHSU's home state advantage and speed. 32-24.

T-Dog
January 7th, 2012, 05:28 AM
But to both fanbases, enjoy the hell out of today. There's no gurantees after today. It might be once in a lifetime. Walking into the stadium in 2005 was my realization. That year, it was ASU and UNI's first title game after many playoff failures and it was magical. Even though I also was there in 2006 and 2007, that first one is that extra bit special.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 7th, 2012, 07:13 AM
Somebody should ask the Marriott if there were enough Bison fans here last night. Total takeover.

DJKyR0
January 7th, 2012, 07:19 AM
I'll take SHSU's home state advantage and speed. 32-24.

There will be no home field advantage for SHSU. Plano was Bison territory last night and tailgate is going to be a complete gong show. This town won't know what hit it after today.

Gil Dobie
January 7th, 2012, 10:22 AM
It's a great day for football. I might just have to listen to the game on the radio on the way to the airport, instead of waiting to watch the recording.
Can't Wait!

Here's to a great game.............

http://www.toastmasters.org/OtherImages/ClappToastingPic.aspx

stevdock
January 7th, 2012, 10:22 AM
My 2 year old daughter woke me up yelling "it's bison day, it's bison day." Good luck to both teams and definitely enjoy it.

Gil Dobie
January 7th, 2012, 11:08 AM
Watching the NDSU vs Minnesota game while listening to the pregame on the radio!

Let's get this party started.

Gil Dobie
January 7th, 2012, 11:15 AM
NDSU pregame show Link

KFGO Link (http://www.kfgo.com/listen-live.php)

GoBlueHens83
January 7th, 2012, 11:21 AM
Good luck to both teams today! I really hope all the fans that made the trip have a great time today. xrotatehx

Gil Dobie
January 7th, 2012, 11:27 AM
Sounds like NDSU is well represented at the tailgate!

Mr. C
January 7th, 2012, 11:55 AM
Can game time get here soon enough? I am tired of waiting for the clock to strike 1 p.m. Eastern.

Mr. C
January 7th, 2012, 12:03 PM
So they are not calling it Pizza Hut Park anymore? That is why I hate the every-changing corporate stadium names.

RabidRabbit
January 7th, 2012, 12:06 PM
Nice crowds along both teams walk from the buses. Good luck to both teams. May it be an exciting, tight game!!!

Mr. C
January 7th, 2012, 12:06 PM
I see that we didn't exactly get the "A" team from ESPN2 in terms of announcers.

Mr. C
January 7th, 2012, 12:07 PM
Good coverage for NDSU on the opening kickoff.

Mr. C
January 7th, 2012, 12:08 PM
Richard Sincere get 36 yards on a play-action pass on first down for SHSU.

Mr. C
January 7th, 2012, 12:08 PM
Nice throw by Bell on the pass to Sincere, launching it over a pair of defenders.

Mr. C
January 7th, 2012, 12:09 PM
Nothing on the option pitch. Marcus Williams with a big stop.

RabidRabbit
January 7th, 2012, 12:09 PM
That first pass barely cleared!

RabidRabbit
January 7th, 2012, 12:10 PM
3rd and 19. Bison D off to decent start.

Mr. C
January 7th, 2012, 12:10 PM
Third and 19 coming up for SHSU, which was hurt by an illegal formation penalty on first down.

paward
January 7th, 2012, 12:11 PM
OH Oh did they say CAA officials, we in for a long day!

Mr. C
January 7th, 2012, 12:11 PM
Bell is smothered and SHSU must punt.

Mr. C
January 7th, 2012, 12:12 PM
OH Oh did they say CAA officials, we in for a long day!

It could be worse, it could be those MEAC officials from the 2007 title game, or Big Sky officials.

Mr. C
January 7th, 2012, 12:13 PM
Quick first down for the Bison.

Mr. C
January 7th, 2012, 12:13 PM
Good job of getting Jensen a quick completion.

Mr. C
January 7th, 2012, 12:14 PM
Personal foul on NDSU TE Matt Velman for spearing. Dumb play.

RabidRabbit
January 7th, 2012, 12:14 PM
bad move by NDSU O getting that personal foul.

UMass922
January 7th, 2012, 12:15 PM
Crowd looks great!

Lehigh Football Nation
January 7th, 2012, 12:15 PM
Don't forget, live scores and live audio of the game on your phone if you're on the road!

http://college-sports-source.appspot.com/ScoresMenu.html

Mr. C
January 7th, 2012, 12:16 PM
Nice job of staying in the pocket for Jensen, but the pass is incomplete. Punting time.

UMass922
Nice kick.

Mr. C
Nice 66-yard punt for the Bison to pin SHSU in.

Cleets
January 7th, 2012, 12:18 PM
I'm going to just replay that punt a few times here..!!! (Holy schnieky)

Mr. C
First down for the Bearkats at their own 14 after the Matt Voightlander punt. Is he another Mike Dragosovich?

RabidRabbit
68 yd punt. SHSU pinned inside own 20. Considering that punter kicked from 5yd line amazing.

Mr. C
January 7th, 2012, 12:19 PM
I wonder if the NCAA Web Police are counting my blog posts today?

Mr. C
January 7th, 2012, 12:20 PM
Sincere is stopped from the Wildcat on third and two. Nice defense so far by Chad Wilson and the Bisons.

Mr. C
January 7th, 2012, 12:21 PM
Good 12-yard return of a nice punt of 52 yards, but one of those stupid block in the back penalties. I would love to see XFL rules on kick returns.

Cleets
January 7th, 2012, 12:22 PM
Penalties hurting Bison so far...

Mr. C
January 7th, 2012, 12:23 PM
Penalties hurting Bison so far...

Probably due to championship-game nerves.

Mr. C
January 7th, 2012, 12:24 PM
Nice catch for 14 yards by Ryan Smith. Good throw by Jensen.

Mr. C
January 7th, 2012, 12:25 PM
Reverse sweep for Ryan Smith goes for another first down.

Mr. C
January 7th, 2012, 12:26 PM
Taj Johnson knocked away a pass at the last moment after getting beaten deep.

Mr. C
January 7th, 2012, 12:26 PM
First big mistake on an Ojuri fumble at the NDSU 40.

Mr. C
January 7th, 2012, 12:28 PM
Sincere tries to throw under pressure. Third and short for SHSU near the 30.

Mr. C
January 7th, 2012, 12:28 PM
Don't know if Flanders got the first down.

Mr. C
January 7th, 2012, 12:29 PM
Flanders is hurt.

Mr. C
Looks like an ankle injury.

Houndawg
Taj Johnson knocked away a pass at the last moment after getting beaten deep.

underthrown?

Lehigh Football Nation
Use two screens: Mr. C.'s champ game commentary here, and @CollegeSportsJ for my commentary on Twitter! xthumbsupx

Mr. C
January 7th, 2012, 12:30 PM
Out come the chains and SHSU is inches short. Fourth down.

Mr. C
January 7th, 2012, 12:30 PM
underthrown?

Maybe slightly.

Cleets
January 7th, 2012, 12:31 PM
STUFFED...!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr. C
January 7th, 2012, 12:31 PM
Bell is stuffed on a sneak and it is NDSU's ball. Huge stop. Preston Evans.

Mr. C
January 7th, 2012, 12:32 PM
STUFFED...!!!!!!!!!!!
Where was the Bart Starr play-action fake?

Mr. C
January 7th, 2012, 12:33 PM
Holloway for 12 yards on the slant his 76th catch of the season

Lehigh Football Nation
January 7th, 2012, 12:33 PM
You can also follow my commentary on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/College-Sports-Journal/234435853282713

Mr. C
January 7th, 2012, 12:34 PM
Veldman makes up for the PF with a diving catch down to the SHSU 26.

Mr. C
January 7th, 2012, 12:34 PM
You can also follow my commentary on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/College-Sports-Journal/234435853282713

Join us here as well, LFN.

Mr. C
January 7th, 2012, 12:35 PM
Third and six for NDSU at the 22.

Mr. C
January 7th, 2012, 12:36 PM
Jensen felt the pressure coming off the blitz on the edge and he completes it for a first down to Smith.

Mr. C
January 7th, 2012, 12:36 PM
McNorton smashes to the two. Second and goal.

Mr. C
January 7th, 2012, 12:37 PM
McNorton to the one. Third and goal.

WileECoyote06
January 7th, 2012, 12:37 PM
Is that the NDSU band playing?

Mr. C
January 7th, 2012, 12:38 PM
Ojuri is hit at the three and stopped at the one. Will Henry on the play.

paward
January 7th, 2012, 12:38 PM
Someone say defensive battle

Mr. C
January 7th, 2012, 12:39 PM
Jastrum on for the 19-yard field goal and it barely sneaks through on the right hash. 3-0 NDSU with three seconds left in the first period.

Lehigh Football Nation
I would have play-action faked on 3rd down. I wonder if that will come back to haunt the Bison.

Mr. C

I hated the unoriginal third-down call. Why not bootleg with Jensen on third down and give him a run-pass option?

Drblankstare
Good stand for the Kats. Bison only get 3. On to the 2nd quarter.

Mr. C
January 7th, 2012, 12:40 PM
I would have play-action faked on 3rd down. I wonder if that will come back to haunt the Bison.

And I would have gone for it on fourth down.

RabidRabbit
January 7th, 2012, 12:41 PM
NDSU draws first blood with field goal on 4th and goal. NDSU 3, SHSU 0 about to start 2nd qtr.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
January 7th, 2012, 12:41 PM

FCS teams aren't used to a layoff like this. I think the offenses will open up a bit in the second half.

HailSzczur
January 7th, 2012, 12:43 PM
The BCS title game commercial really annoys me

Mr. C
January 7th, 2012, 12:44 PM
The BCS title game commercial really annoys me

During a TRUE championship game, let's show a commercial for the faux championship. I am still trying to figure out how Alabama got to the BCS crap title game.

GSU Eagle
January 7th, 2012, 12:45 PM
I think both teams have good defenses. The winner of this game could have something like 14 or 17 points.

Mr. C
January 7th, 2012, 12:45 PM
Marcus Williams drops an interception on a terrible play-action pass by Bell to Sincere.

Mr. C
January 7th, 2012, 12:46 PM
Flanders is back and goes for a short gain.

Mr. C
Third and five upcoming.

Mr. C
Sincere gets the first down on the Wildcat run.

HailSzczur
January 7th, 2012, 12:47 PM
During a TRUE championship game, let's show a commercial for the faux championship. I am still trying to figure out how Alabama got to the BCS crap title game.

I was out in in Arizona for the Insight bowl and they had a coaches dinner for the Fiesta Bowl at our hotel. Wanted to sneak in wearing my FCS Champions shirt and explain to them how you really decide a champion. As the next 2 out of the "championship game" both coaches would be happy to listen I'm sure

Mr. C
Bell is sacked for a six-yard loss buy Cole Jirik.

Bronco
What a great time they're having
I'm very jealous

Great atmosphere

Mr. C
January 7th, 2012, 12:48 PM
Bell is a terrible 1-of-5 after another misfire.

Mr. C
January 7th, 2012, 12:49 PM
Nowhere to go for Flanders on a shovel pass. Fourth down again. Tough D for the Bison.

paward
Again I say are these two defenses that good or is play calling lack luster?

Mr. C
NDSU has been great on pursuit thus far. It is going to be tough all day long for the SHSU offense.

Mr. C
January 7th, 2012, 12:50 PM
Again I say are these two defenses that good or is play calling lack luster?

NDSU has a great defense, as it has shown all year.