View Full Version : #1 Sam Houston State vs #2 North Dakota State

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

Sam_Kats
December 21st, 2011, 12:48 PM
Whoa!! Is that HD? :D

Snowgoose
December 21st, 2011, 12:50 PM
Exactly! That was my point.

Well in normal years your point might work, but it doesn't this year. First NDSU practices outside. Second the averages temps in Fargo laterly have been unusually warm and are averaging in the mid to upper thirties and are expected to continue for the next 10 days. So the temperature difference is going to mean anything.

X-Factor
December 21st, 2011, 12:57 PM
If I were a Bizon fan, I'd be concerned about playing outside of your beloved dome with your amplified home field advantage. Also, we won't be gift wrapping you guys conveniently placed turnovers like what happened in that georgia southern game you guys keep touting.

As others have eluded, this post is full of ignorance.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

NoDak 4 Ever
December 21st, 2011, 01:11 PM
Whoa!! Is that HD? :D

as HD as it got in 1986

BisonBacker
December 21st, 2011, 01:46 PM
This writer has it spelled out and I couldn't agree more.

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2%2Fnews%2Fnews.aspx%3Fid%3D4458041

xthumbsupxxthumbsupxxthumbsupxxthumbsupxxthumbsupx xthumbsupxxthumbsupxxthumbsupxxthumbsupxxthumbsupx xthumbsupxxthumbsupxxthumbsupxxthumbsupx

NoDak 4 Ever
December 21st, 2011, 01:50 PM

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2%2Fnews%2Fnews.aspx%3Fid%3D4458041

xthumbsupxxthumbsupxxthumbsupxxthumbsupxxthumbsupx xthumbsupxxthumbsupxxthumbsupxxthumbsupxxthumbsupx xthumbsupxxthumbsupxxthumbsupxxthumbsupx

Looks like they got some intern to write the "Why Sam Houston will Win" article.

DJKyR0
December 21st, 2011, 01:54 PM

butbutbut Georgia Southern is a bad team! butbutbut SHSU has teh crazy speed! This article is therefore irrelevant.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 21st, 2011, 02:00 PM
butbutbut Georgia Southern is a bad team! butbutbut SHSU has teh crazy speed! This article is therefore irrelevant.

I'm not sure I should be sharing this but I got a picture of their latest recruit in practice.

http://www.insomniacgames.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/the-flash.jpg

BisonBacker
December 21st, 2011, 02:01 PM
I'm not sure I should be sharing this but I got a picture of their latest recruit in practice.

http://www.insomniacgames.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/the-flash.jpg

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to NoDak 4 Ever again.

Vitojr130
December 21st, 2011, 02:32 PM
Some would say NDSU had a bigger advantage before the dome. This was posted to the GSU thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6BhQq3RC7gY

They also forget that NDSU is undefeated on the road this year.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 21st, 2011, 03:04 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to NoDak 4 Ever again.

I mean, they are just so fast, I might be wasting my money going to the game. I should just stay home so I can watch it in super slow motion so I can see what's going on.

Sam_Kats
December 21st, 2011, 03:09 PM
No we're not. Our guys are really just slow. ESPN tweaked the footage to make them look fast the last 2 weeks. Montana was even slower - you know, the same team that DEMOLISHED the No Iowa team that you guys beat my a score. Flanders isn't really that good. #6 won't pitch it to #10. Our defense is too small to compete with anyone's OL. Bell has trouble with accuracy & isn't as mobile as he needs to be. #38 only got Southland Def POY because he's a great kid. Our coach has never been on the FBS level. Our fans are going to sell their tickets to NDSU folks.

Does that about cover it? xcoolx

Bearkat-Backer
December 21st, 2011, 03:51 PM
No we're not. Our guys are really just slow. ESPN tweaked the footage to make them look fast the last 2 weeks. Montana was even slower - you know, the same team that DEMOLISHED the No Iowa team that you guys beat my a score. Flanders isn't really that good. #6 won't pitch it to #10. Our defense is too small to compete with anyone's OL. Bell has trouble with accuracy & isn't as mobile as he needs to be. #38 only got Southland Def POY because he's a great kid. Our coach has never been on the FBS level. Our fans are going to sell their tickets to NDSU folks.

You forgot to add... What the hell is a Bearkat?

Bison56
December 21st, 2011, 04:16 PM

Dont forget with a K?

This is boring. Wish the game was on this saturday.

xbangx

McNeese72
December 21st, 2011, 04:38 PM

And the only reason their stats are good is because of the weak Southland Conference. :)

Doc

BNATION
December 21st, 2011, 04:56 PM
And the only reason their stats are good is because of the weak Southland Conference. :)

Doc

Montana is just no good huh? They made Northern Iowa look like a high school team and y'all barely beat them. Also Indiana State is a 5 loss team and they were in the game with y'all the whole time. How do y'all expect to keep up with the #1 offense in the nation.

Bearkat-Backer
December 21st, 2011, 04:59 PM
Montana is just no good huh? They made Northern Iowa look like a high school team and y'all barely beat them. Also Indiana State is a 5 loss team and they were in the game with y'all the whole time. How do y'all expect to keep up with the #1 offense in the nation.

Leave Doc alone. He is on your side.

BNATION
December 21st, 2011, 05:03 PM
I know I was talking to no dak just adding to his.

SammyHouston
December 21st, 2011, 05:09 PM

Spot on. Pretty sure its something like.. The slowest guy on the Bizon defense is faster than the fastest guy on the Kats offense? Yes?

No_Skill
December 21st, 2011, 05:22 PM

GSU hung 21 pts and 302 rushing on Bama and we smoked them.

Comparative scores are great aren't they?

DJKyR0
December 21st, 2011, 05:25 PM
The lengths some fans are willing to go to to delude themselves into thinking that NDSU isn't a legit contender in this game are hilarious. Georgia Southern isn't a good offense? What? Do you people watch FCS football?

Not buying the whole "we steamrolled Montana who steamrolled UNI" bit. A look at Montana's home and road playoff records should tell you they are a completely different team when they play away from Wa-Griz. The same isn't true of NDSU.

SammyHouston
December 21st, 2011, 05:28 PM
The lengths some fans are willing to go to to delude themselves into thinking that SHSU isn't a legit contender in this game are hilarious. Montana isn't a good offense? What? Do you people watch FCS football?

FIFY. Works both ways, hunny.

BNATION
December 21st, 2011, 05:42 PM
It will all be evident when we come out and look like a completely different team. With dual threat quarterback along with sincere, Williams, and diller. Hopefully yalls coaching staff is ready.

Bison56
December 21st, 2011, 05:47 PM
Two good teams will be playing for the championship, but only one will be considered great at the end of the day.

Being that I am bias I am going with NDSU. I wouldnt expect a SHSU fan to agree with me obviously so iwill not try to make you. It should be a good game just wish we didnt have to wait so long.

DJKyR0
December 21st, 2011, 05:48 PM
It will all be evident when we come out and look like a completely different team. With dual threat quarterback along with sincere, Williams, and diller. Hopefully yalls coaching staff is ready.

They were ready for two of the top offenses in the nation and held them to a combined 7 points. We also faced two rushers in the top ten in conference play (link here (http://content.usatoday.com/sportsdata/football/fcs/stats/rushing)) and held a Walter Payton finalist to under 80 yards. We thwarted Minnesota, Northern Iowa, Georgia Southern, and Indiana State's rushing attacks. We made Matt Brown from Illinois State look silly when we started shutting down the run and they tried to pass.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 21st, 2011, 05:51 PM

Yeah Trolly, that's probably the biggest knock on NDSU, how thin Craig Bohl's resume is.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 21st, 2011, 05:53 PM
They were ready for two of the top offenses in the nation and held them to a combined 7 points. We also faced two rushers in the top ten in conference play (link here (http://content.usatoday.com/sportsdata/football/fcs/stats/rushing)) and held a Walter Payton finalist to under 80 yards. We thwarted Minnesota, Northern Iowa, Georgia Southern, and Indiana State's rushing attacks. We made Matt Brown from Illinois State look silly when we started shutting down the run and they tried to pass.

But they killed Lamar, SE Louisiana, AND UTSA!

BNATION
December 21st, 2011, 05:55 PM
Yeah Trolly, that's probably the biggest knock on NDSU, how thin Craig Bohl's resume is.

So bandwagon. I played sports there you most likely have sat on your couch and scrutinized real athletes your entire life.

Bison56
December 21st, 2011, 05:56 PM

I dont think we have to worry about this coaching staff being ready. Just have to see if the players can execute the gameplan.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 21st, 2011, 05:57 PM
For someone who played sports you have uttered anything more than a generic platitude the whole two weeks you have been here.

Bison56
December 21st, 2011, 05:58 PM
So bandwagon. I played sports there you most likely have sat on your couch and scrutinized real athletes your entire life.

Oh boy.xsalutex

BNATION
December 21st, 2011, 06:00 PM
For someone who played sports you have uttered anything more than a generic platitude the whole two weeks you have been here.

Haha you kill me. You have said absolutely nothing but y'all will win. Congrats we know u are pulling for your team. And quite using words you don't know.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 21st, 2011, 06:01 PM
Oh boy.xsalutex

Yeah. Not worried about that one. Typical cop-out false superiority bit. I actually graduated high school at about 140 lbs and 5' 10" so I was on the debate team. Can't you tell? :D

NoDak 4 Ever
December 21st, 2011, 06:02 PM
Haha you kill me. You have said absolutely nothing but y'all will win. Congrats we know u are pulling for your team. And quite using words you don't know.

I'm using words YOU don't know. There's a difference.

I even glossed over your typo. Or maybe not.

BNATION
December 21st, 2011, 06:05 PM
I'll say this y'all have averaged just over 28 points in the playoffs, where we have averaged over 38 against what I think to superior defenses. All I'm saying if we will most definately the best team y'all have played. I'm just not convinced y'all are better than Montana.

BNATION
December 21st, 2011, 06:06 PM
Quit* haha thanks

da_Bison
December 21st, 2011, 06:20 PM
BNATION:

Vegas, which if you haven't been there recently, isn't in the business of losing money. They obviously don't share your sentiment about SHSU, even though ITS PRITTY MUCH A HOME GAME FOR "YA'LL"... I'm not saying were gonna win just that your thinking is in the monority!

North Dakota State vs Sam Houston State - FCS 1-AA Championship - Pizza Hut Park - Frisco, TX - Saturday, January 07, 2012 1:00 PM
271 North Dakota State -2 -115 Over 44½ -115
272 Sam Houston State +2 -115 Under 44½ -115

NoDak 4 Ever
December 21st, 2011, 06:34 PM
I'll say this y'all have averaged just over 28 points in the playoffs, where we have averaged over 38 against what I think to superior defenses. All I'm saying if we will most definately the best team y'all have played. I'm just not convinced y'all are better than Montana.

I'm going to use some numbers which I have become quite fond of.

SHSU is giving up just over 22 ppg in the playoffs, worse than their season average
NDSU is giving up 7 ppg in the playoffs, better than their season average.

SHSU opponents average ppg for the season is 34.59
NDSU opponents average ppg for the season is 29.94

I'm using the playoffs to just get past the weaker schedule notion. That paints a pretty good picture for the Bison

Ronin
December 21st, 2011, 06:43 PM
NDSU - Strong offensive line. If they can keep the ball, they will have a chance. Hope they win for the MVC!

SHSU - Nearly a home game and a lot of very quick weapons. IF they stick to their MO, The odds are in their favor.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 21st, 2011, 07:01 PM

NDSU's opponent scoring defense is 21.11

SHSU opponent scoring defense is 22.27

NDSU is scoring -4 ppg to their average

SHSU is scoring -1.14 to their average

Makes sense.

GSU Eagle
December 21st, 2011, 07:12 PM
I think NDSU will have some throwing opportunities vs. SHSU. When Montana started moving the ball SHSU often would rush anywhere from 7-9 to try to stop Montana. Quick slants/swing passes were a very effective weapon vs. SHSU's defensive strategy of bringing so many on blitzes.

I also think SHSU will have some throwing opportunies vs. NDSU. Granted GSU was not a great passing team but I thought we should have thrown it more. NDSU had their safeties crashing the outside to stop the pitch part of the triple option all game. I doubt you will see them do this as much vs. SHSU, but if they do SHSU must make them pay for leaving receivers covered one-on-one and very little help deep.

I see it as an interesting game, but NDSU's defense is for real as far I could see last week. I think their defense will slow SHSU down enough and will win something like 28-17.

BNATION
December 21st, 2011, 08:05 PM
Do you really think that they can put up 28 points against our D. I don't see it happening. Looking at points they scored against conference opponents and playoffs I just don't see it.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 21st, 2011, 08:52 PM
Do you really think that they can put up 28 points against our D. I don't see it happening. Looking at points they scored against conference opponents and playoffs I just don't see it.

Trolly, Trolly, Trolly.....when will you learn?

As I have shown, your defense is performing worse against your playoff opponents than in the regular season. I will state flat out that this is a good indicator that your season schedule may not have been as tough as you think. Opponents are scoring 52% more points against SHSU in the playoffs than the regular season.

Juxtapose that against NDSU. They had a tough regular season schedule and it has made them ready for the playoffs. Opponents are scoring 65% less in the playoffs than the regular season.

Lots of big words and numbers, I know. I already blew up your "superior defenses" argument, care to try this one?

BNATION
December 21st, 2011, 08:58 PM
It will all be settled when you see what an explosive, fast, multiple dimensional offense does to y'all.

BNATION
December 21st, 2011, 09:00 PM
The only reason y'all shut down GSU was y'all were crashing your safety all night and loading the box. Y'all can't do that against SHSU. you will get burned and since you can't Flanders or sincere or both will dice u up like onions for pico de gallo.

BNATION
December 21st, 2011, 09:01 PM
Plus we have scored more points in the playoffs and the points Montana scored are totally inflated.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 21st, 2011, 09:07 PM
The only reason y'all shut down GSU was y'all were crashing your safety all night and loading the box. Y'all can't do that against SHSU. you will get burned and since you can't Flanders or sincere or both will dice u up like onions for pico de gallo.

That may work except you are only focusing on the GSU game. I understand that NDSU has played some one sided teams so it may be easy to think that all we have done is sell out one way or the other. I said this before and I will say this again. Our defensive line will spend more time in your backfield than your quarterback. We have 2 corners that are capable of man coverage, freeing up the safeties and linebackers to handle either the run or the pass as they see fit.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 21st, 2011, 09:08 PM
Plus we have scored more points in the playoffs and the points Montana scored are totally inflated.

Ok, Trolley....You are a chew toy that I have become tired of. I'm going to leave you in the corner while I wait for somebody else to argue with.

BNATION
December 21st, 2011, 09:14 PM
We've given up 9 sacks y'all have given up something like 18. I think y'all should worry about that. There's a reason we are undefeated hoss. Get used to the fact that it could be one sided. Y'all might have to fly and drive all the way home with sore asses.

SammyHouston
December 21st, 2011, 09:14 PM
Trolly, Trolly, Trolly.....when will you learn?

As I have shown, your defense is performing worse against your playoff opponents than in the regular season. I will state flat out that this is a good indicator that your season schedule may not have been as tough as you think. Opponents are scoring 52% more points against SHSU in the playoffs than the regular season.

Juxtapose that against NDSU. They had a tough regular season schedule and it has made them ready for the playoffs. Opponents are scoring 65% less in the playoffs than the regular season.

Lots of big words and numbers, I know. I already blew up your "superior defenses" argument, care to try this one?

Let's not try and make it sound like the Bizon had a tough schedule.

BNATION
December 21st, 2011, 09:15 PM
Ok, Trolley....You are a chew toy that I have become tired of. I'm going to leave you in the corner while I wait for somebody else to argue with.
Because when I have thrown valid facts u havnt had a whole lot.

FargoBison
December 21st, 2011, 09:17 PM
Let's not try and make it sound like the Bizon had a tough schedule.

NDSU's SOS is #6 in the FCS per Massey....

SammyHouston
December 21st, 2011, 09:18 PM
Because when I have thrown valid facts u havnt had a whole lot.

I don't think homeboy like facts. He wants to dismiss the georgia southern game because he knows the game was handed to him by turnovers.

BNATION
December 21st, 2011, 09:20 PM
NDSU's SOS is #6 in the FCS per Massey....

All 7 years eh

Professor Chaos
December 21st, 2011, 09:45 PM
I don't think homeboy like facts. He wants to dismiss the georgia southern game because he knows the game was handed to him by turnovers.
As opposed to the FG that Montana handed SHSU that provided the winning 3 points in that game? The only 3 points Sam's vaunted speed could muster in the last 32 minutes of that game.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 21st, 2011, 09:49 PM
As opposed to the FG that Montana handed SHSU that provided the winning 3 points in that game? The only 3 points Sam's vaunted speed could muster in the last 32 minutes of that game.

They were just toying with them.

SammyHouston
December 21st, 2011, 09:51 PM
They were just toying with them.

Glad somebody knows the truth.

BNATION
December 21st, 2011, 09:56 PM
We could have scored so easily in the last drive. Flanders literally sat down twice.

BNATION
December 21st, 2011, 09:59 PM
I've realized some of y'all don't respond at all to facts just throw something new out there. See down south we take stuff on right in front. Fans from Montana learned that really quick once they got here. Get ready to have someone in your face all night. Gonna be a dogfight just like we like it.
#ivehuntedbisonhugepussy's

Professor Chaos
December 21st, 2011, 10:08 PM
I've realized some of y'all don't respond at all to facts just throw something new out there. See down south we take stuff on right in front. Fans from Montana learned that really quick once they got here. Get ready to have someone in your face all night. Gonna be a dogfight just like we like it.
#ivehuntedbisonhugepussy's
I've been trying to discern your facts in between the "y'alls" and "buttMontanas" but I'm just not seeing them. Looks more like unfounded claims of superiority based on the fact that all you know about NDSU is what you read in a box score.

BNATION
December 21st, 2011, 10:11 PM
You right only watched one game. They like to put us on espn.

Professor Chaos
December 21st, 2011, 10:21 PM
For the record I have concerns about NDSU's matchup with Sam Houston. Sam's D-line is very fast off the ball and the pressure they put on the offensive line to pick up the extra blitzers could disrupt the Bison offense. On offense the combination on Sincere and Flanders is the best combination of runners the Bison have seen all year.

Having said that, NDSU's O-line is perfectly capable of picking up blitzes with the best of them and Jensen will shred the single coverage in the secondary if that happens. NDSU has seen a RB that is just as good or better than Flanders (Shakir Bell) and a running QB just as dangerous as Sincere (Terrell Rennie) and have proved they can contain both individually which gives me confidance they can contain both of Sam's primary ground weapons in tandem. Bottom line is if both teams execute the winning team is going to need a few unsung heroes to step up that no one is talking about. I highly doubt this game will be decided going into the 4th quarter. Of course I predict a Bison victory but like pretty much everyone still posting this time of year, I'm incredibly biased.

BNATION
December 21st, 2011, 10:29 PM
For the record I have concerns about NDSU's matchup with Sam Houston. Sam's D-line is very fast off the ball and the pressure they put on the offensive line to pick up the extra blitzers could disrupt the Bison offense. On offense the combination on Sincere and Flanders is the best combination of runners the Bison have seen all year.

Having said that, NDSU's O-line is perfectly capable of picking up blitzes with the best of them and Jensen will shred the single coverage in the secondary if that happens. NDSU has seen a RB that is just as good or better than Flanders (Shakir Bell) and a running QB just as dangerous as Sincere (Terrell Rennie) and have proved they can contain both individually which gives me confidance they can contain both of Sam's primary ground weapons in tandem. Bottom line is if both teams execute the winning team is going to need a few unsung heroes to step up that no one is talking about. I highly doubt this game will be decided going into the 4th quarter. Of course I predict a Bison victory but like pretty much everyone still posting this time of year, I'm incredibly biased.

Great post best one by a bison fan yet I completely agree accept that y'all stopped this guys cause they don't throw much. And I am biased also. Go cats.

BNATION
December 21st, 2011, 10:31 PM
Kats

sgt smash
December 21st, 2011, 10:40 PM
I swear to god, if I have to read the word "y'all" again I cannot be held liable for my posts thereafter.

Really though Sam Houston has impressed me. The best way for them to win is a lopsided first quarter though. The Bison are a team you cannot let just hang around. If they don't crush them with four touchdowns I have the first quarter, I think that Bison defense will wear them out and the offense will have a few of their long systematic drives and eat up too much clock for Sammy's speed to come back from.

Professor Chaos
December 21st, 2011, 10:45 PM
Great post best one by a bison fan yet I completely agree accept that y'all stopped this guys cause they don't throw much. And I am biased also. Go cats.
Indiana St didn't have a slouch at QB in Ronnie Fouch (Washington transfer - 3 year starter) and UNI threw the ball around plenty as Rennie averaged 150 yards through the air. I will agree that so far in the playoffs NDSU hasn't seen an offense that is good in both the running and passing game. But they have shut down offenses that were very very good at one or the other in separate weeks. It goes back to the point of whether NDSU's defense can stop a two-faceted offensive attack and a two-headed monster in the backfield. I'm confident they can because this defense hasn't given me reason to doubt them all year. It'll be a heavyweight fight out there when Sam has the ball on offense.

BNATION
December 21st, 2011, 10:55 PM
Haha yea we got a little Texas slang here. Once again these two guys posting are some of your only smart well thought fans. Instead of just screaming we will win. In this case I do feel that NDSU has a good defense but it will get tested for sure the 7th.

DJKyR0
December 21st, 2011, 11:07 PM
Haha yea we got a little Texas slang here. Once again these two guys posting are some of your only smart well thought fans. Instead of just screaming we will win. In this case I do feel that NDSU has a good defense but it will get tested for sure the 7th.

I wouldn't be smacking intelligence when your own grammar could use some polish and your fanbase has been just as blowhardy as ours.

BNATION
December 21st, 2011, 11:13 PM
I wouldn't be smacking intelligence when your own grammar could use some polish and your fanbase has been just as blowhardy as ours.

What's funny is how texans do have some grammatical errors and we are blowhardy fans. I still am in the top 5% of salary in the us. Not bad for a dumb cowboy huh?

Sammy94
December 21st, 2011, 11:14 PM
I'm glad to see people think our offense is only a two headed monster.

sgt smash
December 21st, 2011, 11:16 PM

I saw one post refer to it as a passing attack with a two headed monster in the backfield. I guarantee you guys have respect. Now just accept that and don't twist it to make it look like disrespect or underestimating you guys.

Professor Chaos
December 21st, 2011, 11:24 PM

I saw one post refer to it as a passing attack with a two headed monster in the backfield. I guarantee you guys have respect. Now just accept that and don't twist it to make it look like disrespect or underestimating you guys.
What he said, I was referring to Sincere and Flanders in the running game. Although I get the feeling you're going to play the "Go ahead and overlook Player X" card anyway so have at it.

Sammy94
December 21st, 2011, 11:28 PM
I can understand that point after watching the last two games. I'm just glad that people think that.

Sammy94
December 21st, 2011, 11:33 PM
Another point you may not realize is that historically this team is a second half team. That could be a huge advantage for NDSU. If this game is close and your defense is so much better than Montana's maybe you can stop us when it counts where as Montana could not.

Sambow
December 22nd, 2011, 12:05 AM
I swear to god, if I have to read the word "y'all" again I cannot be held liable for my posts thereafter.

Really though Sam Houston has impressed me. The best way for them to win is a lopsided first quarter though. The Bison are a team you cannot let just hang around. If they don't crush them with four touchdowns I have the first quarter, I think that Bison defense will wear them out and the offense will have a few of their long systematic drives and eat up too much clock for Sammy's speed to come back from.

y'all y'all y'all y'all. Welcome to Texas!

caribbeanhen
December 22nd, 2011, 12:06 AM
All FCS schools. Let's look at Texas, UofH, and TCU. CMON SHOULD I GO ON. WHAT A DUMB ****.

Post 47, Typical JCL comment there Mr Texas..

caribbeanhen
December 22nd, 2011, 12:09 AM
Can you say JEALOUS?

The Orange over the Green by 10.

post 25, hey you mean Sammy has a football team...

caribbeanhen
December 22nd, 2011, 12:20 AM
What's funny is how texans do have some grammatical errors and we are blowhardy fans. I still am in the top 5% of salary in the us. Not bad for a dumb cowboy huh?

Be careful Sir, never know who might be watchin xcoffeex

Gil Dobie
December 22nd, 2011, 05:50 AM
Sam should be the heavy favorite for this game being the #1 ranked team, #1 seed, defeating the hottest team in FCS, Montana, having the fastest group of players assembled that FCS football has ever seen, running the most complicated offense a defense will ever see, and not to mention the speed on defense, championship game in their backyard. It's a good thing it will be settled on the field and not on some messageboard. :)

BNATION
December 22nd, 2011, 07:18 AM
Be careful Sir, never know who might be watchin xcoffeex

Haha what the hell does that mean.

Bison56
December 22nd, 2011, 08:04 AM
Sam should be the heavy favorite for this game being the #1 ranked team, #1 seed, defeating the hottest team in FCS, Montana, having the fastest group of players assembled that FCS football has ever seen, running the most complicated offense a defense will ever see, and not to mention the speed on defense, championship game in their backyard. It's a good thing it will be settled on the field and not on some messageboard. :)

It would never end.

Sam_Kats
December 22nd, 2011, 08:14 AM
I think the mutual respect is there - there are only a couple from each side claiming the superiority. These are 2 REALLY good teams who deserve the shot at the title. All this bickering is hurting my head. I've got to play Santa for my 2 boys in a couple days, I may have to put AGS down for a while if it's going to turn into a ***** fest.

One last thing......................Y'ALL have a Merry Christmas!

NoDak 4 Ever
December 22nd, 2011, 08:15 AM
Wait wait...this is my favorite line of the story from the NCAA...

The FCS national championship game between Sam Houston State and North Dakota State features a couple of first-timers, programs that are in their first title game.

Still, it's not like the coaches don't have valuable experience.

NDSU's Craig Bohl was the linebackers coach at Nebraska when the Cornhuskers won championships in 1995 and '97. The Bearkats' Willie Fritz won his second national championship in a row in '95 as the head coach at Blinn (Texas) Junior College. He also won the 1990 JUCO championship as the defensive coordinator at Coffeyville (Kan.) Community College.

'cause those are exactly the same.

Bison56
December 22nd, 2011, 08:58 AM
I think the mutual respect is there - there are only a couple from each side claiming the superiority. These are 2 REALLY good teams who deserve the shot at the title. All this bickering is hurting my head. I've got to play Santa for my 2 boys in a couple days, I may have to put AGS down for a while if it's going to turn into a ***** fest.

One last thing......................Y'ALL have a Merry Christmas!

You betcha we will!

:)

Bearkat-Backer
December 22nd, 2011, 09:18 AM
Wait wait...this is my favorite line of the story from the NCAA...

The FCS national championship game between Sam Houston State and North Dakota State features a couple of first-timers, programs that are in their first title game.

Still, it's not like the coaches don't have valuable experience.

NDSU's Craig Bohl was the linebackers coach at Nebraska when the Cornhuskers won championships in 1995 and '97. The Bearkats' Willie Fritz won his second national championship in a row in '95 as the head coach at Blinn (Texas) Junior College. He also won the 1990 JUCO championship as the defensive coordinator at Coffeyville (Kan.) Community College.

'cause those are exactly the same.

Do you think being a LB coach on 2 NC team is better than winning 2 JUCO NC as a head coach and another as D coordinator? None of those facts will help SHSU or NDSU on the 7th anyway.

Vitojr130
December 22nd, 2011, 09:21 AM
Do you think being a LB coach on 2 NC team is better than winning 2 JUCO NC as a head coach and another as D coordinator? None of those facts will help SHSU or NDSU on the 7th anyway.

I'm gonna have to go out on a limb here and confidently say, "Yes, yes it is better". ANY position on Nebraska's coaching staff is > a head coaching position at a community college...

Sam_Kats
December 22nd, 2011, 09:26 AM
So, being an outside salesman for Xerox is better than being the CEO of an small copier manufacturer? Hmmmmm

NoDak 4 Ever
December 22nd, 2011, 09:28 AM
So, being an outside salesman for Xerox is better than being the CEO of an small copier manufacturer? Hmmmmm

No but being VP of Xerox might be.

xcoach2
December 22nd, 2011, 09:29 AM

The copier sales guy was run out of town (at his alma mater) when he was promoted to managment.

xcoach2
December 22nd, 2011, 09:30 AM

Bohls was let go at Nebraska when he "got into management."

Sam_Kats
December 22nd, 2011, 09:39 AM

How many VP's do companies have in ND?

LB coach < VP

Gil Dobie
December 22nd, 2011, 09:40 AM
Bohls was let go at Nebraska when he "got into management."

Another reason NDSU should be a major underdog, their coach doesn't hold a candle to SAM's Club.

Sam_Kats
December 22nd, 2011, 09:44 AM
Gil - you need to read the thread, buddy. Your brother, NoDak brought this point up. He got a rebuttal & tried to spin it but failed.

Geez - who cares. We're really talking about coach vs coach? Wow...come on Jan 7!!

NoDak 4 Ever
December 22nd, 2011, 09:59 AM
Gil - you need to read the thread, buddy. Your brother, NoDak brought this point up. He got a rebuttal & tried to spin it but failed.

Geez - who cares. We're really talking about coach vs coach? Wow...come on Jan 7!!

If you are trying to say that a JUCO coach is the same as an assistant at Nebraska, you are crazy. Craig Bohl learned under Tom Osborne, perhaps you have heard of him.

In 2002 Frank Solich was getting railroaded because of a .500 season - sub par by Nebraska standards. In an attempt to save his job, he canned some assistants. It proves nothing.

Craig Bohl has a big time resume and big game experience, just one of the advantages I believe NDSU has in this game.

Sambow
December 22nd, 2011, 10:03 AM
Our coach can beat up your coach.

Sam_Kats
December 22nd, 2011, 10:19 AM
If you are trying to say that a JUCO coach is the same as an assistant at Nebraska, you are crazy. Craig Bohl learned under Tom Osborne, perhaps you have heard of him.

In 2002 Frank Solich was getting railroaded because of a .500 season - sub par by Nebraska standards. In an attempt to save his job, he canned some assistants. It proves nothing.

Craig Bohl has a big time resume and big game experience, just one of the advantages I believe NDSU has in this game.

You are one of the "couple on both sides" I referred to earlier. It shall be settled Jan 7

Bison56
December 22nd, 2011, 10:19 AM
Our coach can beat up your coach.

You get the post of the day award.

xthumbsupx

Seriously this thread is getting ridicilous. I stumbled across this site hoping to be able to discuss some football and maybe get some insight on the other teams. Next we will be comparing the cheerleaders.xcoffeex

Any misspellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Enjoy.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 22nd, 2011, 10:23 AM

I'm talking about advantages, not superiority.

BisonHype!
December 22nd, 2011, 12:14 PM
Too bad we were not playing GSU in the Championship Game. Atleast that thread and game had some hype to it. This game doesn't have the same leading up to it. Not trying to be mean, but the storyline and the matchup was more compelling vs. GSU.

Sam_Kats
December 22nd, 2011, 12:16 PM
What...because of a message board thread?? Wow.

BNATION
December 22nd, 2011, 12:22 PM
I'm talking about advantages, not superiority.

Ridiculous.

BNATION
December 22nd, 2011, 12:24 PM
Too bad we were not playing GSU in the Championship Game. Atleast that thread and game had some hype to it. This game doesn't have the same leading up to it. Not trying to be mean, but the storyline and the matchup was more compelling vs. GSU.

I agree Montana fans as bad as they were at least got me fired up. When we make an example of y'all I won't even enjoy it. Wait yes I will.

gotts
December 22nd, 2011, 12:24 PM

Or because of the fact that the two teams were scheduled to play earlier in the year and didn't.

BisonHype!
December 22nd, 2011, 12:25 PM

No just more to talk about leading up to the game I guess. Plus they were fun to go back and forth with on game analysis on why which team was going to win. Really the only thing to talk about leading up to the game, is that NDSU has a good defense, and Sam Houston is undefeated (Temporarily). I am just joking somewhat about that, but there seemed like there was more people that wanted to see that game, and not just NDSU/GSU fans.

BisonHype!
December 22nd, 2011, 12:28 PM
Montana for us would have been an awesome matchup as well. Semifinal or Championship. We border each other, and would have alot of smack talk back and forth. I think even though we wanted to beat the heck out of each other, you respect the other team's program and fans. That would have been a awesome game win or lose.

Gil Dobie
December 22nd, 2011, 12:38 PM

This isn't my first trip to SAM's Club

xdizzyx

BNATION
December 22nd, 2011, 12:39 PM
Montana for us would have been an awesome matchup as well. Semifinal or Championship. We border each other, and would have alot of smack talk back and forth. I think even though we wanted to beat the heck out of each other, you respect the other team's program and fans. That would have been a awesome game win or lose.

Well we would of course rather be playing a southern team like GSU.

BNATION
December 22nd, 2011, 12:46 PM
Bottom line is this. Of course y'all would rather play Montana. Why on earth would you want to play the undefeated number 1 team in the country, who doesn't know how to lose. I completely agree I wouldn't want to play us either.

deez_na
December 22nd, 2011, 12:50 PM
I agree Montana fans as bad as they were at least got me fired up. When we make an example of y'all I won't even enjoy it. Wait yes I will.

Be careful what you wish for. NDSU is better than any team you have faced.

BNATION
December 22nd, 2011, 12:52 PM
I'm sorry I disagree I think Montana beats y'all 7 out of 10 times.

deez_na
December 22nd, 2011, 12:56 PM

Not a chance

sgt smash
December 22nd, 2011, 12:57 PM
I think we would probably split with Montana.

Bison56
December 22nd, 2011, 12:58 PM
I thought this was about NDSU and SHSU playing in the championship?

I think it will be a lower scoring game. Im going with a 21-17 final Bison because I am obviously bias.

BisonCM
December 22nd, 2011, 01:01 PM
Where is Lakes to fire this up.

Sammy94
December 22nd, 2011, 01:04 PM
17 will be the lowest Sam has scored all year. If NDSU can do that, I think they have a good chance to win. IMO if SHSU scores much more it will be tough for NDSU to overcome.

Vitojr130
December 22nd, 2011, 01:06 PM
Where is Lakes to fire this up.

HAHAHA This^. He is too busy prancing around the smack section complaining about UND some more.

Anyway, NDSU will win this one. I said it last week, I said it the week before, and I said it the week before that. Every team we have faced said something along the lines of "oh, we have faced far better than NDSU, blah blah blah I'm a blowhard" and look what happens... the average score of our opponents in the playoffs is 7 points. SHSU's average points in the playoffs is almost 23 points. If we score 23, and SHSU scores 7, I believe that NDSU wins. Correct me if I'm wrong....

Sammy94
December 22nd, 2011, 01:10 PM
SHSU's average points in the playoffs is 38. Correct me if I'm wrong, I am using Texas math skills.

DJKyR0
December 22nd, 2011, 01:10 PM
17 will be the lowest Sam has scored all year. If NDSU can do that, I think they have a good chance to win. IMO if SHSU scores much more it will be tough for NDSU to overcome.

Well, for argument's sake we did hold our last two opponents to season-low scores.

deez_na
December 22nd, 2011, 01:15 PM
Apparently Sam is on a different level then all the other teams we've played including georgia southern. They average like 35 - 37 a game and we held them to 7 but this Sam team is so much more superior than them so there is no way they will score less than 20.

Sammy94
December 22nd, 2011, 01:22 PM
Apparently Youngstown State must be close to Sam.

deez_na
December 22nd, 2011, 01:27 PM

No, I don't believe they really are. I think the team we just beat last week 35-7 would have knocked Sam out of the playoffs if they had been in their bracket.

BisonHype!
December 22nd, 2011, 01:27 PM
Well, I guess after NDSU beats you, I hope you are willing to admit then that Youngstown State is also better than you! lol

Professor Chaos
December 22nd, 2011, 01:32 PM
The next 3 teams the Packers will play are all worse than Kansas City. Does that mean the Packers will lose all 3 and get knocked out of the playoffs after their first game?

Since the Youngstown game NDSU has handily beaten 3 teams that are better than Youngstown. If you're expecting the YSU-game version of NDSU to show up to Frisco you're going to be disappointed.

Sammy94
December 22nd, 2011, 01:35 PM
I heard the same argument from Montana fans last week, in the playoffs the Griz held their opponents to less than 12 points. We know how that one ended. Its just my opinion but if Sam scores more then 20 they win, if not I think the Bison do.

deez_na
December 22nd, 2011, 01:37 PM
Possibly, but I think the Bison will score more than 20 on you guys too so 20 may not do it for you guys.

BNATION
December 22nd, 2011, 01:39 PM
Not a chance GSU IS A SPECK OF **** compared to sans offense and our defense is much better. This game will tell the tale for you. Frankly these discussion boards are useless after 10 pages because all relevant facts have all been spent up and now it's just. " my team is better than yours". NDSU will have to play the bet all around game they have played all year. With SHSU's ability to score fast and often. One mistake and it's 6. So with that I'm expecting a good game and SHSU first NC before we enter CUSA.

deez_na
December 22nd, 2011, 01:42 PM
lol at GSU's offense being just a speck of **** compared to Sams. That's a laughing joke. I would have liked to see how you guys would have faired against Bama like GSU did. They were in the game through about 3 quarters.

Sammy94
December 22nd, 2011, 01:46 PM
If you really think so. We do have the 2nd best defense after the mighty bison. Stoney Brook had the #2 offense in the FCS and they got to 27 so its possible the Bison with that highly ranked offense surpasses 20pts.

Gil Dobie
December 22nd, 2011, 01:52 PM

Montana takes SAM's Club 9 out of 10 now that they have y'all figured out. ;)

deez_na
December 22nd, 2011, 01:52 PM
Exactly, you gave up 27 to Stony Brook. I would take the chance of the Bison getting 20 before Sam getting 20. Our defense has out performed Sam by alot in these playoffs, regular season doesn't matter anymore. Wipe that stuff clean. Go off playoff games/stats and see who has been tougher.

Sammy94
December 22nd, 2011, 01:56 PM
playoff stats won't matter either after 3 weeks off and being away from home.

deez_na
December 22nd, 2011, 01:58 PM
playoff stats won't matter either after 3 weeks off and being away from home.

True a 3 week break is a long break. I don't really like that they do that especially when you have 2 teams playing good ball right now.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 22nd, 2011, 02:00 PM
True a 3 week break is a long break. I don't really like that they do that especially when you have 2 teams playing good ball right now.

3 weeks will help a lot of injuries. Smith's hamstring, Brock's turf toe, and Heagle's thumb will all get a lot more rest and healing. Look what happened after the bye week and DJ got a chance for his heel to get some rest. This is like some kind of dream come true. All of this time off is only going to make the Bison stronger.

deez_na
December 22nd, 2011, 02:06 PM
3 weeks will help a lot of injuries. Smith's hamstring, Brock's turf toe, and Heagle's thumb will all get a lot more rest and healing. Look what happened after the bye week and DJ got a chance for his heel to get some rest. This is like some kind of dream come true. All of this time off is only going to make the Bison stronger.

Yes very true, injuries wise it's great to get everyone healthy that's for sure.

WestCoastAggie
December 22nd, 2011, 02:09 PM
This thread is still going I see.

Vitojr130
December 22nd, 2011, 02:12 PM
SHSU's average points in the playoffs is 38. Correct me if I'm wrong, I am using Texas math skills.

Ah but it was not math that was my problem. It was writing. I mean to say that SHSU is allowing almost 23 points per game in the playoffs. They will not score that many against the bison. Very few have done that so far this year.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 22nd, 2011, 02:15 PM
Ah but it was not math that was my problem. It was writing. I mean to say that SHSU is allowing almost 23 points per game in the playoffs. They will not score that many against the bison. Very few have done that so far this year.

Only 2 in fact. Minnesota scored 24 and Youngstown scored 27. No playoff team has.

NDSUFREAK
December 22nd, 2011, 02:30 PM
This is going to be the most worthless banter for the next 3 weeks...gosh

The fact that someone said "SHSU doesn't know how to lose" is proof right there. Did not more than half of the team experience 6-5?

For me, this game will come down to who is most prepared (surprise surprise) and the fact that the BISON defense prepared for an offense they have never seen within a week and completely shut it down is remarkable enough...please don't tell me the BISON coaching staff won't have every single detail figured out with this offense and how to stop it. They are some of the best in the nation and they know what to do.

The same could be said for SHSU coaching staff about diagnosing everything that NDSU does...but I just don't think that will be the case.

Sam_Kats
December 22nd, 2011, 02:33 PM
This is going to be the most worthless banter for the next 3 weeks...gosh

The fact that someone said "SHSU doesn't know how to lose" is proof right there. Did not more than half of the team experience 6-5?

For me, this game will come down to who is most prepared (surprise surprise) and the fact that the BISON defense prepared for an offense they have never seen within a week and completely shut it down is remarkable enough...please don't tell me the BISON coaching staff won't have every single detail figured out with this offense and how to stop it. They are some of the best in the nation and they know what to do.

The same could be said for SHSU coaching staff about diagnosing everything that NDSU does...but I just don't think that will be the case.

Why is this?

BisonCM
December 22nd, 2011, 02:41 PM
Why is this?

Are we back to the "my coach could beat up your coach" agrument?

C'mon Y'ALL at least talk about the players.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 22nd, 2011, 02:42 PM
Are we back to the "my coach could beat up your coach" agrument?

C'mon Y'ALL at least talk about the players.

What brilliant insights do you have? You keep complaining about the conversation yet add nothing of your own.

NDSUFREAK
December 22nd, 2011, 02:45 PM
Why is this?

That is just a fans feeling of the team I've followed all year and that is just what I think. We don't have as many offensive weapons that SHSU has but its an offense that brutally wears down a defense and there really isn't any way to prepare for that.

To the coaches comment above...this definitely has to do with the coaches. Without them the players wouldn't fully know their assignments etc...preparation #1, talent #2

Sam_Kats
December 22nd, 2011, 02:46 PM
I can't ask for an explanation of why he thinks our coaching staff successfully prepared for 14 games this season, yet will not get it done for this one? Geez, you Bison folks get your feewings huwt too easy. It was just a question.

BNATION
December 22nd, 2011, 03:01 PM
Ok I've finally had enough. Here are the only stats that matter. We have the best offense in the country. Period. Yalls offense while ranked is nothing special. No team has prepared, and stopped us all year. 2. On the sports network yalls defense While ranked will have a lot trouble regardless of how good you think your coach is just in matching up athletes. Y'all flat don't have the personnel to do so.

BNATION
December 22nd, 2011, 03:04 PM
What brilliant insights do you have? You keep complaining about the conversation yet add nothing of your own.

Even your own fans don't like you why don't you shut the **** up and leave the thread. Neither team supports you. You are all about talking poo, I'm sure you got your *** kicked alot in high school and college in Texas you would have spent more time in the hospital than on your debate team you doucher.

NDSUFREAK
December 22nd, 2011, 03:04 PM
Ok I've finally had enough. Here are the only stats that matter. We have the best offense in the country. Period. Yalls offense while ranked is nothing special. No team has prepared, and stopped us all year. 2. On the sports network yalls defense While ranked will have a lot trouble regardless of how good you think your coach is just in matching up athletes. Y'all flat don't have the personnel to do so.

xlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaox Ok.

deez_na
December 22nd, 2011, 03:05 PM
Nice argument, I've had enough. Bison is the best defense you will have faced. Your offense while being very good isn't going to have a fun time trying to score. All the other teams we shut down in the playoffs were thinking the same thing. We haven't even been healthy and we're dominating defensively. We have an offense who is very efficient and will use up alot of clock. Our defense will be able to do plenty like they have so far through the playoffs.

exbearkat
December 22nd, 2011, 03:05 PM
As I posted on our board prior to the Montana game - Bottom line: if both teams play up to their potential, SH wins by 8-10 points. I am not one to talk smack (it's a complete waste of time), but having been close to this program for the last 20+ years, I will tell you that this team is extraordinarily different than any other I've been around, top to bottom. All things equal, SH gains that 8-10 point advantage simply by possessing better overall discipline, fundamentals, and execution. The fact of the matter is that if this Kat team plays up to their potential, there is NOT A SINGLE TEAM IN THE COUNTRY that can beat them, period.

Bison56
December 22nd, 2011, 03:06 PM
I can't ask for an explanation of why he thinks our coaching staff successfully prepared for 14 games this season, yet will not get it done for this one? Geez, you Bison folks get your feewings huwt too easy. It was just a question.

Whats to prepare for? The Bison O is pretty basic they line up and run right at the D. Nothing special just good old fashion power football.

Bison56
December 22nd, 2011, 03:10 PM
As I posted on our board prior to the Montana game - Bottom line: if both teams play up to their potential, SH wins by 8-10 points. I am not one to talk smack (it's a complete waste of time), but having been close to this program for the last 20+ years, I will tell you that this team is extraordinarily different than any other I've been around, top to bottom. All things equal, SH gains that 8-10 point advantage simply by possessing better overall discipline, fundamentals, and execution. The fact of the matter is that if this Kat team plays up to their potential, there is NOT A SINGLE TEAM IN THE COUNTRY that can beat them, period.

You could say that about any team.

Sam_Kats
December 22nd, 2011, 03:11 PM
That's what UM was supposed to do.

BNATION
December 22nd, 2011, 03:13 PM
You could say that about any team.

No you could say it about any undefeated team. Oh wait that's just us and LSU

deez_na
December 22nd, 2011, 03:17 PM
Bison playing up to their potential with their powerful defense could definately beat you guys. Don't give me that crap. You guys have squeaked by 2 teams by 7 & 3 points in the playoffs so far. Bison will be much tougher than Stony Brook. You scored 34 points on them and our defense is superior to them. 8-10 point advantage when both playing to potential, lol i don't think so.

Bison56
December 22nd, 2011, 03:19 PM
No you could say it about any undefeated team. Oh wait that's just us and LSU

You are not very smart are you?

BNATION
December 22nd, 2011, 03:23 PM
Why u say that bison

Bison56
December 22nd, 2011, 03:25 PM
Why u say that bison

Just an observation.

BNATION
December 22nd, 2011, 03:31 PM
Just an observation.

Well it's a pretty dumb one. I hold two degrees one in finance and one in banking and I'm an sales manager at Baker Hughes. What do you do. Oh yea and I'm only 28.

Bison56
December 22nd, 2011, 03:37 PM
Well it's a pretty dumb one. I hold two degrees one in finance and one in banking and I'm an sales manager at Baker Hughes. What do you do. Oh yea and I'm only 28.

Thats great I am happy for you truly I am. You are lucky most people now days dont have the ambition to accomplish what you have. Honestly I was just giving you grief. As for myself i have 4 kids and am doing great. Thanks for asking.

As for the game. I think the Bison special teams is going to be the deciding factor. In a close game 21-17. Bison of course xtwocentsx

Professor Chaos
December 22nd, 2011, 03:39 PM
Is it really that hard to believe that the opposing teams fans are confident in their team's ability to win? Sure, if either one of these teams plays "to their potential" for a full 60 minutes they'll win but neither will. When the level of competition rises the old "we need to play a complete game" cliche goes out the window. Both teams will make mistakes but the better team will be the one that limits the damage from those mistakes.

deez_na
December 22nd, 2011, 03:40 PM
you are "A" sales manager, not an sales manager. :)

BNATION
December 22nd, 2011, 03:40 PM
Well I applaud you I just got married and am working on one of my own. I agree with you. It should be a great game 24-17 kats.

Sam_Kats
December 22nd, 2011, 03:41 PM
Why do Bison fans only want to count the playoff numbers played inside your box? Shouldn't the entire season mean something? You can't pick & choose which games to skew the #'s with. A lot of folks on here have mentioned two main factors...RUNNING THE FOOTBALL & SOLID DEFENSE. Here's what the #'s show. Will it 100% determine the game - of course not. But many NDSU fans (the ones who actually bring substance to these conversations) also have admitted the weapons the Kats have. I think our offense does the same thing we've done all year - spread the field & get our athletes in space. Not taking ANYTHING away from GSU's option (they run it very well) or NDSU's defense (as seen below with #1 scoring D) but I just see us hitting a couple plays over the top if you decide to stack the box like you did against the Eagles.

Here's my bottom line - NDSU will be the most rounded team the Kats have faced all year, including a VERY good Montana team. Sam Houston will be the fastest team the Bison have seen all year on both sides of the ball. Another stat that plays a HUGE role on why these 2 teams are here is the Turnover Margin, where the Kats are +28 and Bison are +18 (Kats are #2 / Bison #5 in the country). Just my .02

The conference argument - both sent 2 teams to the playoffs & all 4 teams collected at least a playoff win, with No Iowa & Central Ark facing their fate @ Wa-Griz. Either way, I don't think anyone can argue these are the BEST 2 teams in the country & the FCS world should be happy it is settled on the field. KUDOS!!

Rush D
#1 SH - 69yds/8TD
#19 ND - 120yds/9TD

Rush O
#4 SH - 267yds/46TD
#35 ND - 177yds/37TD

Scoring D
#1 ND - 13pts
#2 SH - 14pts

Total D
#4 SH - 283yds
#24 ND - 324yds

BisonHype!
December 22nd, 2011, 03:45 PM
Instead of wondering whether the Bison D can stop the SHSU O, (Which they can)xthumbsupx.... Can the SHSU D stop the Bison O???xsmhx Discuss

Strommer10
December 22nd, 2011, 03:51 PM
11 more NDSU student tickets confirmed! It's going to be a long Christmas break for me.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 22nd, 2011, 04:08 PM
Even your own fans don't like you why don't you shut the **** up and leave the thread. Neither team supports you. You are all about talking poo, I'm sure you got your *** kicked alot in high school and college in Texas you would have spent more time in the hospital than on your debate team you doucher.

You are so insufferably stupid, it's painful. I haven't talked "poo" at all. I was laying out the case, using real numbers that the SHSU defense is performing worse in the playoffs. I was only using the playoffs to level the playing field between what is widely considered a gap in the conference schedule strength.

You contributions have been little more than 'we're better' 'y'all not'

I will say this. The GSU fans put you guys in the dust.

semobison
December 22nd, 2011, 04:09 PM
Instead of wondering whether the Bison D can stop the SHSU O, (Which they can)xthumbsupx.... Can the SHSU D stop the Bison O???xsmhx Discuss

I think this has the makings of a great game! Bison fans havn't said much about SH's defense but from what saw against the Montana schools, I was impressed with the way they stopped the run and the pressure they put on opponents quarterbacks! Offensively if we have good balance I like our chances!

Sam_Kats
December 22nd, 2011, 04:09 PM
You are so insufferably stupid, it's painful. I haven't talked "poo" at all. I was laying out the case, using real numbers that the SHSU defense is performing worse in the playoffs. I was only using the playoffs to level the playing field between what is widely considered a gap in the conference schedule strength.

You contributions have been little more than 'we're better' 'y'all not'

I will say this. The GSU fans put you guys in the dust.

Remember that phrase for Jan 7

BisonHype!
December 22nd, 2011, 04:15 PM
I think your a bit of alright NoDak 4 Ever!xthumbsupxxsalutex

gotts
December 22nd, 2011, 04:41 PM
Things we've learned in this thread:

1. Offense wins championships.

2. ???

3. Profit.

BNATION
December 22nd, 2011, 05:27 PM
Say what you want. I got into these threads to learn something about other teams and talk football but everyone on here just likes to boast about their team and can't lose. They can't just say what this is. Both teams of course deserve to be here. With one loss between the two they both obviously have talent and good coaching. And that this will be a great game for FCS football and for two teams who havnt got to this level on this kind of a stage.

exbearkat
December 22nd, 2011, 05:55 PM
Bison playing up to their potential with their powerful defense could definately beat you guys. Don't give me that crap. You guys have squeaked by 2 teams by 7 & 3 points in the playoffs so far. Bison will be much tougher than Stony Brook. You scored 34 points on them and our defense is superior to them. 8-10 point advantage when both playing to potential, lol i don't think so.
Gotta pay attention there pal - I said WHEN SH plays up to its potential there is no one in the country that can beat 'em. Obviously, the KATS didn't play to their potential against Stoney Brook - that was by far the worst game our squad played all season! Again, if both SH and NDSU bring their BEST game SH wins by 8-10 points due to the things mentioned above in my original post. AND, for the "slower" ones, OF COURSE the odds are against either team being able to put together their best game! My point, which I assumed was blatantly obvious, is that all things equal, SH is the better team. NOW, before you go there, I realize that doesn't mean that SH necessarily wins this game. Look at it this way, the guys in Vegas would probably list SH as an 8-10 point favorite... ;)

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 22nd, 2011, 06:53 PM
I think this has the makings of a great game! Bison fans havn't said much about SH's defense but from what saw against the Montana schools, I was impressed with the way they stopped the run and the pressure they put on opponents quarterbacks! Offensively if we have good balance I like our chances!

The Bison run game is totally different compared to the Montana schools. NDSU runs a power west coast (I-backs) running game. Both Montana school run out of the spread....totally different.

Watching SHSU twice this year, IMO, the Bison can run between the tackles just like we have in all of our playoff games. Our O-line will wear down the SHSU dline in the 2nd half, IMO.

Personally, I was more worried about GSU. IMO, the Bison win by 2 TDs.

GO BISON

Bison56
December 22nd, 2011, 06:57 PM
Say what you want. I got into these threads to learn something about other teams and talk football but everyone on here just likes to boast about their team and can't lose. They can't just say what this is. Both teams of course deserve to be here. With one loss between the two they both obviously have talent and good coaching. And that this will be a great game for FCS football and for two teams who havnt got to this level on this kind of a stage.

xthumbsupx

Grizalltheway
December 22nd, 2011, 08:53 PM
The Bison run game is totally different compared to the Montana schools. NDSU runs a power west coast (I-backs) running game. Both Montana school run out of the spread....totally different.

Watching SHSU twice this year, IMO, the Bison can run between the tackles just like we have in all of our playoff games. Our O-line will wear down the SHSU dline in the 2nd half, IMO.

Personally, I was more worried about GSU. IMO, the Bison win by 2 TDs.

GO BISON

That's exactly what our O-line did, especially due to the hurry-up nature of our offense, but we just had too big of a hole to dig ourselves out of. And I don't see NDSU giving up that many points in the first half.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 22nd, 2011, 09:08 PM
That's exactly what our O-line did, especially due to the hurry-up nature of our offense, but we just had too big of a hole to dig ourselves out of. And I don't see NDSU giving up that many points in the first half.

The Grizz didn't start the game to well. The last 3 quarters the Grizz defense pretty much held their own. Knock out the mistakes in the 1st quarter and that game is a Grizz win.

LakesBison
December 22nd, 2011, 09:55 PM
NDSU 31
Sam state 10 its gonna be a bloodbath, they wont stop DJ/SAM and our defense will get the ball numerous times.
If VIGEN/BOHL would ever.get aggressive this will get ugly

Bearkat-Backer
December 22nd, 2011, 10:03 PM
NDSU 31
Sam state 10 its gonna be a bloodbath, they wont stop DJ/SAM and our defense will get the ball numerous times.

How confident are you about that 21 point win?

exbearkat
December 23rd, 2011, 12:26 AM
NDSU 31
Just keep talking there pal - I mean, it's one thing to pick NDSU to win, but you LOSE all credibility by choosing to even mention such a scenario using words like "bloodbath" and "this will get ugly." Believe it or not, but it's no fluke that SH is unbeaten - these guys FIND ways to WIN. You stop one thing, the Kat's will simply burn you in some other area. SH is faster than the Bison, more disciplined, and more fundamentally sound overall. Oh, and here's to hoping you guys line up and simply run straight at us - you do that and it will DEFINITELY be a long day for the Bison.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 23rd, 2011, 05:49 AM
Just keep talking there pal - I mean, it's one thing to pick NDSU to win, but you LOSE all credibility by choosing to even mention such a scenario using words like "bloodbath" and "this will get ugly." Believe it or not, but it's no fluke that SH is unbeaten - these guys FIND ways to WIN. You stop one thing, the Kat's will simply burn you in some other area. SH is faster than the Bison, more disciplined, and more fundamentally sound overall. Oh, and here's to hoping you guys line up and simply run straight at us - you do that and it will DEFINITELY be a long day for the Bison.

Let me introduce you to Lakesbison. Banned twice from our own fan forum (once this week no less). Will say bold and outrageous things. Has no credibility. See his rep.

caribbeanhen
December 23rd, 2011, 05:56 AM
Say what you want. I got into these threads to learn something about other teams .

finally the truth comes out, you have become the spokesperson for the JCL Sammy fans that know next to nothing about FCS football, for the love of Texas most of you boys knew little about your own football team until a few weeks ago xlolx

caribbeanhen
December 23rd, 2011, 06:03 AM
Haha what the hell does that mean.

it means your tax return tells another story

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 23rd, 2011, 06:16 AM
How confident are you about that 21 point win?

I'm confident in a win.

I have seen the 'Cats play a few games this year....they are good, no doubt about it. Good skill players and a QB that can manage the offense. Good defense that has created numerous TOs this year.

IMO, our defense is the best one you will have faced this year. They also create TOs and play very fundamentally sound defense.

It will be a good game but games like this are won by good defenses and I believe the Bison's is better.

Gil Dobie
December 23rd, 2011, 07:53 AM
When you are #2, you try harder :)

NoDak 4 Ever
December 23rd, 2011, 08:00 AM
When you are #2, you try harder :)

You know if they were just a bit more clever, they would take the #2 thing and run with it.

That's a freebie for you dopes.

Professor Chaos
December 23rd, 2011, 09:15 AM
SHSU's defense was worn down by Montana in the 2nd half of their game and Montana's run game was more of "hit you on the edges" style than what NDSU implements. I have concerns about some of NDSU's matchups in this game but IMO the biggest concern Sam Houston should have is their defense's ability to hold up for 60 minutes against NDSU's power run game. We saw it both with JMU and GSU, who had stellar run defense (although suspect pass defense) going into those games. The NDSU offense wore them down until they were ripping off chunks of 5-10 yards on the ground every play late in the game. Like GSU, Sam's defense is used to their offense controlling the ball and used to not having to play much in the 4th quarter with all the blowouts they've played. Montana showed that if you can get them to the 4th quarter with the score still tight you'll start to see holes open up in their defense.

If NDSU can get a lead or keep in close towards the end of the game it's advantage Bison when the NDSU O is on the field.

TheBisonator
December 23rd, 2011, 09:32 AM
Two things:

1) If you think NDSU will lose by 10 points, you haven't watched us play at all the past couple years. It is IMPOSSIBLE for an FCS team to beat this NDSU team (of the past 1.5 seasons) by 10 points. If you beat us, it will be by 3-7 MAX.

2) I used to do this little mathematical equation when I was younger when getting myself stoked for Vikings games. I would calculate the averages between my team's average points scored per game and defensive points allowed per game compared with the opponent's points scored per game compared to their defensive allowed per game. I would pair the numbers of my team's points per game with opponent's defensive allowed and the opponents PPG with my team's points allowed. Here's what I came up with for NDSU/SHSU:

NDSU has scored 453 points in 14 games, average of 32.36 points per game.
SHSU has scored 548 points in 14 games, average of 39.14 points per game.

NDSU has allowed 185 points in 14 games, average of 13.21 points per game.
SHSU has allowed 207 points in 14 games, average of 14.79 points per game.

Add 32.36 to 14.79 and divide by 14 and you have 23.58, the amount for NDSU.
Add 39.14 to 13.21 and divide by 14 and you have 26.18, the amount for SHSU.

So by rounding, I have a final score of SHSU 26 NDSU 24.

So it's going to be a CLOSE game.

alvinkayak6
December 23rd, 2011, 09:33 AM
NDSU wins this game if it controls the line of scrimmage. That win over Minnesota on the road is starting to look much more impressive. SHSU has a bit of home field advantage and 3 really good offensive playmakers. Have you seen the way that Sincere bounces off defenders? I'm picking NDSU still...28-21 in another thriller.

BisonHype!
December 23rd, 2011, 10:26 AM
Does Pizza Hut Park have a good tailgating area? Any pictures of Pizza Hut Park?

BearKaTrack
December 23rd, 2011, 10:26 AM
Two things:

1) If you think NDSU will lose by 10 points, you haven't watched us play at all the past couple years. It is IMPOSSIBLE for an FCS team to beat this NDSU team (of the past 1.5 seasons) by 10 points. If you beat us, it will be by 3-7 MAX.

2) I used to do this little mathematical equation when I was younger when getting myself stoked for Vikings games. I would calculate the averages between my team's average points scored per game and defensive points allowed per game compared with the opponent's points scored per game compared to their defensive allowed per game. I would pair the numbers of my team's points per game with opponent's defensive allowed and the opponents PPG with my team's points allowed. Here's what I came up with for NDSU/SHSU:

NDSU has scored 453 points in 14 games, average of 32.36 points per game.
SHSU has scored 548 points in 14 games, average of 39.14 points per game.

NDSU has allowed 185 points in 14 games, average of 13.21 points per game.
SHSU has allowed 207 points in 14 games, average of 14.79 points per game.

Add 32.36 to 14.79 and divide by 14 and you have 23.58, the amount for NDSU.
Add 39.14 to 13.21 and divide by 14 and you have 26.18, the amount for SHSU.

I created a new account just to tell you that this might be the best post about this game I have seen on either this board, katfans or bisonville. A logical and rational look at the game and the determination that this is going to be a close game. The Bison's do some things that the Bearkats haven't seen all year and it will give them fits... and the Bearkats do some things that the Bison haven't seen all year and it will give them fits. The team that wins this game is going to be the team that pays attention to the fundamentals and executes the best. I think these are the two best teams and the country and anyone who is predicting a win by either team of 10+ points is obviously biased or should be locked in a loony bin. I'm predicting 21-17, and while I'm rooting for the Bearkats, this game is too close to make a legit prediction on who wins.

TheBisonator, thank you for being logical and rational. It is a breath of fresh air.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 23rd, 2011, 10:29 AM
Two things...

I'm still sticking to the notion that you can throw out the season statistics as SHSU is performing worse on D than their season average and NDSU is performing better, the trends are going the Bison's way.

Hammerhead
December 23rd, 2011, 11:34 AM
There's a nice article about both coaches in the Mpls. Star Tribune. http://www.startribune.com/sports/college/136035823.html

NoDak 4 Ever
December 23rd, 2011, 11:37 AM
There's a nice article about both coaches in the Mpls. Star Tribune. http://www.startribune.com/sports/college/136035823.html

That was the one I quoted earlier that was on the NCAA website when I talked about Bohl's and Fritz's experience being vastly different. Naturally, I was flamed.

KATS_21
December 23rd, 2011, 11:47 AM
Say what you want about both teams, but they won all of the necessary games to get where they are.

It's funny that a few of you keep saying the same thing about Sam's D, "they are playing worse in the playoffs than the regular season," go ask Montana about that in the 4th Q. Montana had the ball and 2 chances to go score the go ahead touchdown. What happened?? Sam's D stepped up and forced two punts. The O took over with 6 minutes left and ran out the clock.

Stony Brook (which is an underrated team) had the same opportunities. But the D stepped up again and forced key punts.

Haters are gonna hate, which I get, but the Kats have won 16 straight. Say what you want about the competition, but its tough to do. Look what happened with NDSU and their loss, Montana and their losses, MSU and their losses.

Im looking forward to a great game on Jan 7th.

Grizcountry420
December 23rd, 2011, 12:30 PM
Say what you want about both teams, but they won all of the necessary games to get where they are.

It's funny that a few of you keep saying the same thing about Sam's D, "they are playing worse in the playoffs than the regular season," go ask Montana about that in the 4th Q. Montana had the ball and 2 chances to go score the go ahead touchdown. What happened?? Sam's D stepped up and forced two punts. The O took over with 6 minutes left and ran out the clock.

Stony Brook (which is an underrated team) had the same opportunities. But the D stepped up again and forced key punts.

Haters are gonna hate, which I get, but the Kats have won 16 straight. Say what you want about the competition, but its tough to do. Look what happened with NDSU and their loss, Montana and their losses, MSU and their losses.

Im looking forward to a great game on Jan 7th.

Let me tell you what...... Thats some passion right there!!

Sambow
December 23rd, 2011, 01:08 PM
January 7th can't come soon enough!!!!!!!!

NDSUFREAK
December 23rd, 2011, 03:47 PM
finally the truth comes out, you have become the spokesperson for the JCL Sammy fans that know next to nothing about FCS football, for the love of Texas most of you boys knew little about your own football team until a few weeks ago xlolx

DING! DING! We have a winner! xlolx

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 24th, 2011, 06:59 AM
It will be interesting to see how the fan % comes out in the stadium. Sounds like a lot of NDSU fans are going down (me included).

Wouldn't surprise me if it is 50/50. I know that the Bison fans will definitely cheer louder.

Twentysix
December 24th, 2011, 08:52 AM
It will be interesting to see how the fan % comes out in the stadium. Sounds like a lot of NDSU fans are going down (me included).

Wouldn't surprise me if it is 50/50. I know that the Bison fans will definitely cheer louder.

If it is anything short of 75/25 SHSU is pathetic.

It is a homegame for them, they had an extra day to buy tix, and it is located in one of their largest alumni hubs.

LakesBison
December 24th, 2011, 08:53 AM
Shsu ALMOST LOST TO STONY BROOK??? Hahaha game over, im not even worried.

Itll be 50-50 we have 5000 sold via ndsu office.

2500 bought via stubhub and ncaa. I know people going that havent been to a game all year and even some gopher fans! LETS PARTTY!!!

Sam_Kats
December 24th, 2011, 10:57 AM
Shsu ALMOST LOST TO STONY BROOK??? Hahaha game over, im not even worried.

Itll be 50-50 we have 5000 sold via ndsu office.

2500 bought via stubhub and ncaa. I know people going that havent been to a game all year and even some gopher fans! LETS PARTTY!!!

Yep - and y'all ALMOST beat Youngstown State. And the Penguins ALMOST beat 5 other teams.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 24th, 2011, 11:02 AM
Yep - and y'all ALMOST beat Youngstown State. And the Penguins ALMOST beat 5 other teams.

http://troll.me/images/victory-baby/sir-you-just-got-trolled.jpg

Sam_Kats
December 24th, 2011, 11:04 AM
If it is anything short of 75/25 SHSU is pathetic.

It is a homegame for them, they had an extra day to buy tix, and it is located in one of their largest alumni hubs.

So, if this game was played in your beloved 1985 Astro-turfed dome, our GUARANTEED alottment would still be 4k. Simple math means 21% (4k/19k) would already be wearing orange. Would THAT be pathetic? This is a neutral stadium with most of the tickets already purchased before the match was even determined. Stop talking out of your a$$....it makes you look like one.

Most of that stadium will be orange. Of course NDSU will be well-represented...it's the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP. Maybe you guys can use that as your moral victory on the way home.

Merry Christmas to all.

xcoach2
December 24th, 2011, 11:11 AM
Maybe you guys can use that as your moral victory on the way home.

Merry Christmas to all.

What cracks me up is these donkeys from North Dakota are driving to the game. lol them.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 24th, 2011, 01:06 PM
What cracks me up is these donkeys from North Dakota are driving to the game. lol them.

.....and you'll be watching the game at the TV down where you get your unemployment check.....frickin clown....

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 24th, 2011, 01:08 PM
So, if this game was played in your beloved 1985 Astro-turfed dome, our GUARANTEED alottment would still be 4k. Simple math means 21% (4k/19k) would already be wearing orange. Would THAT be pathetic? This is a neutral stadium with most of the tickets already purchased before the match was even determined. Stop talking out of your a$$....it makes you look like one.

Most of that stadium will be orange. Of course NDSU will be well-represented...it's the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP. Maybe you guys can use that as your moral victory on the way home.

Merry Christmas to all.

We'll see come game day. There is going to be a whole lot of green and yellow.

xcoach2
December 24th, 2011, 01:15 PM
.....and you'll be watching the game at the TV down where you get your unemployment check.....frickin clown....

No, I have plenty of tickets and will be at the game. I'm not such a poor donkey that I can't afford to fly and have to drive 1,000 miles. Load up the station wagons.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 24th, 2011, 01:28 PM
No, I have plenty of tickets and will be at the game. I'm not such a poor donkey that I can't afford to fly and have to drive 1,000 miles. Load up the station wagons.

There are plenty of Bison fan flying down to the game. I'm sure there will be plenty of "bandwagon" SHSU fans like yourself there.

xcoach2
December 24th, 2011, 01:47 PM
There are plenty of Bison fan flying down to the game. I'm sure there will be plenty of "bandwagon" SHSU fans like yourself there.

Bandwagon or not, I'm going to have a great time holding up the #1 while you donkeys are exiting PHP with a loss.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 24th, 2011, 02:00 PM
Bandwagon or not, I'm going to have a great time holding up the #1 while you donkeys are exiting PHP with a loss.

As dumb as you are, you will need some help figuring out how many 1 is.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 24th, 2011, 02:05 PM

IMO, your 170lb QB is not going to finish the game. Our defense will put the "hurt" on him if he runs.

For being "donkeys" as you claim, the economy is pretty robust up here in the northern Great Plains. By the way, I spend about 1/3 of the year here in TX (SE TX) and there are plenty of slackers or how do you refer to it....."donkeys" down here.

green and gold
December 24th, 2011, 03:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRMBxnxWiNQ
Hey! I found xcoach!

Gil Dobie
December 25th, 2011, 07:16 AM
It will be interesting to see how well SHSU prepares in the 7 days they have prior to the game. According to media reports, the players are coming back to campus on the 28th, that's Wednesday. They will probably head to Frisco the following Wednesday, and be caught up in the media show Thursday and Friday. NDSU players have been preparing since the GSU game, per Coach Bohl's FBS Bowl experience. I know for a long time Dr Tom Osborne was criticized for how he handled bowl games, then in the 1990's they figured it out. Coach Bohl, who was on the staff as an assistant during the championship years, and was a player under Osborne during the non-championship years, has some good experience with this situation.

xcoach2
December 25th, 2011, 07:43 AM
It will be interesting to see how well SHSU prepares in the 7 days they have prior to the game. According to media reports, the players are coming back to campus on the 28th, that's Wednesday. They will probably head to Frisco the following Wednesday, and be caught up in the media show Thursday and Friday. NDSU players have been preparing since the GSU game, per Coach Bohl's FBS Bowl experience. I know for a long time Dr Tom Osborne was criticized for how he handled bowl games, then in the 1990's they figured it out. Coach Bohl, who was on the staff as an assistant during the championship years, and was a player under Osborne during the non-championship years, has some good experience with this situation.

This is Coach Fritz's 3rd undefeated run as a head coach. He has 3 week layoffs for both juco national championships. The SHSU coaching staff has been working around the clock.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 25th, 2011, 07:47 AM
This is Coach Fritz's 3rd undefeated run as a head coach. He has 3 week layoffs for both juco national championships. The SHSU coaching staff has been working around the clock.

I think it's cute that you think a JUCO national championship is actually something. I bet you played for him in one of those things, that's why you take it so personally. Isn't it?

xcoach2
December 25th, 2011, 07:55 AM
I think it's cute that you think a JUCO national championship is actually something. I bet you played for him in one of those things, that's why you take it so personally. Isn't it?

I bet you think is cute that NDSU has 8 div II national championships. I don't think much of DII ball either but I'm not going to attack the merits. I haven't taken anything personally. Coach Fritz was the head man. He ran the show regardless of the level. Assistants at the div I level are so far removed fom the planning process because there is so much support and overlap at that level.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 25th, 2011, 08:04 AM
I bet you think is cute that NDSU has 8 div II national championships. I don't think much of DII ball either but I'm not going to attack the merits. I haven't taken anything personally. Coach Fritz was the head man. He ran the show regardless of the level. Assistants at the div I level are so far removed fom the planning process because there is so much support and overlap at that level.

Back before Willie got to Central Missouri, DII was actually competitive. I'm surprised that he couldn't succeed, especially in the last 10 years when all the good teams left.

xcoach2
December 25th, 2011, 08:15 AM
Back before Willie got to Central Missouri, DII was actually competitive. I'm surprised that he couldn't succeed, especially in the last 10 years when all the good teams left.

Didn't succeed? Troll alert? He left Central as their all time winningest coach competing in the best Div II conference in the country. I coached in div II and sent many players to that level so I'm familiar with the level of talent there. There is consideraby more talent in Juco than div II. At any Juco game in Texas there wil be handful of future NFL guys on the field. No so much for Div II. As for Willie succeededing, well, he never posted a 3-8 season either.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 25th, 2011, 09:02 AM
Didn't succeed? Troll alert? He left Central as their all time winningest coach competing in the best Div II conference in the country. I coached in div II and sent many players to that level so I'm familiar with the level of talent there. There is consideraby more talent in Juco than div II. At any Juco game in Texas there wil be handful of future NFL guys on the field. No so much for Div II. As for Willie succeededing, well, he never posted a 3-8 season either.

1 playoff appearance in 12 years, only 1 conference title 2 losing seasons...in DII.

Given your limited knowledge about football (or tact) nobody believes you coached anywhere.

xcoach2
December 25th, 2011, 09:09 AM
1 playoff appearance in 12 years, only 1 conference title 2 losing seasons...in DII.

Given your limited knowledge about football (or tact) nobody believes you coached anywhere.

You obviously take a message board too seriously. Bohl was just 3-8 a couple of seasons ago and was run out of town at his alma mater. How does that happen? Willie took over a program that was a mess and had never reached a Div I final in their history to the NC finals in his second season there.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 25th, 2011, 09:11 AM
You obviously take a message board too seriously. Bohl was just 3-8 a couple of seasons ago and was run out of town at his alma mater. How does that happen? Willie took over a program that was a mess and had never reached a Div I final in their history to the NC finals in his second season there.

Quite the opposite. I think that treating you like a chew toy is quite fun.

xcoach2
December 25th, 2011, 09:23 AM
Quite the opposite. I think that treating you like a chew toy is quite fun.

Like a chew toy? I've been owning you since I joined. I'm still waiting for you to impress me but you'd rather resort to personal attacks. You have zero game and live in a fort bro.

TheBisonator
December 25th, 2011, 09:41 AM
Like a chew toy? I've been owning you since I joined. I'm still waiting for you to impress me but you'd rather resort to personal attacks. You have zero game and live in a fort bro.

Actually, he's been pwning you for a week or so now.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 25th, 2011, 09:45 AM

It's kind of fun. He tried to down-rep me but like Lakes, because he's in the red it doesn't count. Dope.

xcoach2
December 25th, 2011, 09:47 AM

link?

Gil Dobie
December 25th, 2011, 10:06 AM
The game that puzzles me is New Mexico scoring 42 points on SHSU in regulation. I don't see New Mexico being as good as the Gophers on the offensive side of the ball, nor as good on the defensive side.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 25th, 2011, 10:10 AM
The game that puzzles me is New Mexico scoring 42 points on SHSU in regulation. I don't see New Mexico being as good as the Gophers on the offensive side of the ball, nor as good on the defensive side.

I would normally chalk it up to an FBS team always having an edge regardless of the outcome. Bigger, faster, stronger....but 12 ppg average? Woo! Say what you want, SHSU's defense has not performed as well against non SLC teams as during their conference schedule.

xcoach2
December 25th, 2011, 10:11 AM

A game from September is puzzling? The Kats are a very young team and that was their third game of the season. I find it considerably less puzzling than a home loss to a 6-5 team in November, but that is just me...

NoDak 4 Ever
December 25th, 2011, 10:23 AM
A game from September is puzzling? The Kats are a very young team and that was their third game of the season. I find it considerably less puzzling than a home loss to a 6-5 team in November, but that is just me...

Easy, tougher conference schedule.

In 5 non-conference games, SHSU is scoring 36.4ppg and allowing 23.8 for a 12.6 margin of victory, considerably lower than their conference schedule margin of victory - 27.8.

Gil Dobie
December 25th, 2011, 10:27 AM

NDSU has a very young team with 6 games of FCS playoff experience. Still don't have an answer to the question about New Mexico, it still counted in Septemer didn't it?

xcoach2
December 25th, 2011, 10:39 AM
NDSU has a very young team with 6 games of FCS playoff experience. Still don't have an answer to the question about New Mexico, it still counted in Septemer didn't it?

It wasn't a very good question so I countered it with an even better question. Can you explain some of the hapless Bison offensive performances like the 9 pt offensive day vs SIU and the 20 pt game vs Indiana St? Sounds silly defending that at this point, right?

NoDak 4 Ever
December 25th, 2011, 10:49 AM
It wasn't a very good question so I countered it with an even better question. Can you explain some of the hapless Bison offensive performances like the 9 pt offensive day vs SIU and the 20 pt game vs Indiana St? Sounds silly defending that at this point, right?

Like I said. Tougher conference schedule. I showed you how SHSU is not performing as well OOC but you keep ignoring that fact like the dope you are.

Gil Dobie
December 25th, 2011, 10:50 AM

When I get an answer from you that isn't another question we will continue.

Gil Dobie
December 25th, 2011, 10:53 AM
Like I said. Tougher conference schedule. I showed you how SHSU is not performing as well OOC but you keep ignoring that fact like the dope you are.

I am getting visions of The Fan from this newbe. SHSU is the #1 team, undefeated and this guy won't answer an honest question without trying to knock NDSU and judging the question.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 25th, 2011, 10:54 AM
I am getting visions of The Fan from this newbe. SHSU is the #1 team, undefeated and this guy won't answer an honest question without trying to knock NDSU and judging the question.

I had so much fun with that clown. Much like this one. I will have to hand it to The Fan, when his team got whipped, he took it like a champ. A little too late for most though.

xcoach2
December 25th, 2011, 11:01 AM

If you want to use some more relevants contests (like the last 3 playoff games) than fine, but discussing games from September is just silly. Stonybrook did a nice job and their offense is a bit unconventional. I think they had a great game plan and almost stole that game to be honest. Sam completely overmatched Montana St in all phases of the game. Sam's defense gave up 21 to Montana and held the Griz to 380 yards of offense. Not too shabby coonsidering the Griz's offense.

TheBisonator
December 25th, 2011, 01:48 PM

NDSU scored 27 points against Indiana State, thank you drive thru

NDSUFREAK
December 25th, 2011, 03:26 PM
If you want to use some more relevants contests (like the last 3 playoff games) than fine, but discussing games from September is just silly. Stonybrook did a nice job and their offense is a bit unconventional. I think they had a great game plan and almost stole that game to be honest. Sam completely overmatched Montana St in all phases of the game. Sam's defense gave up 21 to Montana and held the Griz to 380 yards of offense. Not too shabby coonsidering the Griz's offense.

Held them to 380 yards of offense? and 21 points? Wow what a great defensive performance...xcoffeex

NoDak 4 Ever
December 25th, 2011, 03:33 PM
Held them to 380 yards of offense? and 21 points? Wow what a great defensive performance...xcoffeex

Montana averages 420 yards of offense so I guess they stuffed them for 40 yds less than average....woo!

xcoach2
December 25th, 2011, 03:40 PM
Montana averages 420 yards of offense so I guess they stuffed them for 40 yds less than average....woo!

NDSU averages less offense than that, so...

NoDak 4 Ever
December 25th, 2011, 03:49 PM
NDSU averages less offense than that, so...

Yes, 353 ypg is what NDSU gains They score 1.5 ppg less than Montana so I guess they will get 313 yds and 26.5 pts? I'll take that. Especially since SHSU only scored 31 pts on a team averaging nearly 7 ppg less than the Bison on defense...

I guess the game will be 27-24 NDSU then going by that logic. Sounds like what everybody is saying.

You may not be so stupid after all!

xcoach2
December 25th, 2011, 03:53 PM
You may not be a stupid after all!

so weak....

Sam Houston rushed for nearly 400 yards vs the Griz. I think the final score was a result of the 21 pt lead they built, but whatevs...

NoDak 4 Ever
December 25th, 2011, 04:09 PM
so weak....

Sam Houston rushed for nearly 400 yards vs the Griz. I think the final score was a result of the 21 pt lead they built, but whatevs...

A 21 point lead that will not happen. Without that first quarter, the game isn't a contest.

xcoach2
December 25th, 2011, 04:16 PM
A 21 point lead that will not happen. Without that first quarter, the game isn't a contest.

This is where you're not making sense. Sam earned the 21 pt lead. They also earned the win. Montana should have gotten off to a better start. I don't know what to say other than the goal is to build a lead. I think Sam would have been more aggressive late but the pick 6 changed the complexion of the game. Sam was dominating the Griz and the pick 6 right before half let them back in the game. Montana couldn't stop Sam's running game so Sam stayed with it.

TheBisonator
December 25th, 2011, 04:20 PM
This is where you're not making sense. Sam earned the 21 pt lead. They also earned the win. Montana should have gotten off to a better start. I don't know what to say other than the goal is to build a lead. I think Sam would have been more aggressive late but the pick 6 changed the complexion of the game. Sam was dominating the Griz and the pick 6 right before half let them back in the game. Montana couldn't stop Sam's running game so Sam stayed with it.

If SHSU earned that 21 point lead as you're saying, (and I agree), then isn't it fair to believe that NDSU earned their 28 point win over GSU through forcing three turnovers and another two turnovers on downs, and not to speculate and throw crap on the wall over, "Well, if they didn't turn the ball over three times, etc."

Thundar
December 25th, 2011, 04:22 PM
If SHSU earned that 21 point lead as you're saying, (and I agree), then isn't it fair to believe that NDSU earned their 28 point win over GSU through forcing three turnovers and another two turnovers on downs, and not to speculate and throw crap on the wall over, "Well, if they didn't turn the ball over three times, etc."

Dont throw more wood on the fire, if SHSU was beat out in the first round he wouldnt even be on here.

xcoach2
December 25th, 2011, 04:27 PM

You'll never hear me throw out the "well, if they didn't turn the ball over" garbage. North Dakota played great against Georgia Southern. I just don't get wrapped up in who beat who worse deal because styles make fights and outcomes depend on each play. I think Sam will defend NDSU differently (scheme-wise) than they played the Griz. So, not sure how much the results versus the Griz matter.

xcoach2
December 25th, 2011, 04:28 PM
Dont throw more wood on the fire, if SHSU was beat out in the first round he wouldnt even be on here.

How about bringing some to the discussion other than cry?

NoDak 4 Ever
December 25th, 2011, 04:35 PM
You'll never hear me throw out the "well, if they didn't turn the ball over" garbage. North Dakota played great against Georgia Southern. I just don't get wrapped up in who beat who worse deal because styles make fights and outcomes depend on each play. I think Sam will defend NDSU differently (scheme-wise) than they played the Griz. So, not sure how much the results versus the Griz matter.

First of all, "North Dakota" isn't eligible for the playoffs yet.

Second, SHSU has had one quality win in the playoffs, NDSU's wins were never in doubt. This still speaks to the quality of the SHSU conference schedule to rack up such gaudy stats only to not live up to it come playoff time.

He's got a great point, Trolly McBandwagon. If SBU had won, we would never have had to suffer your idiocy.

xcoach2
December 25th, 2011, 04:43 PM
First of all, "North Dakota" isn't eligible for the playoffs yet.

Second, SHSU has had one quality win in the playoffs, NDSU's wins were never in doubt. This still speaks to the quality of the SHSU conference schedule to rack up such gaudy stats only to not live up to it come playoff time.

He's got a great point, Trolly McBandwagon. If SBU had won, we would never have had to suffer your idiocy.

I think the combination of Montana, Montana St and Stonybrook > James Madison, Lehigh and GSU. It's certainly debatable though. Sam's offense hasn't missed a beat in the playoffs. The defense has given up more points but they'll be ready. They were really good against Montana St. They beat Montana who dominated your conference rival.

Thundar
December 25th, 2011, 04:48 PM

Not crying at all just stating a fact that you would not be here with out this run in December. Im willing to bet the only game you attended at SHSU is the Semi-Final and you maybe didnt even make that.

yur just another troll that will go away after we shut you down on the 7th.