PDA

View Full Version : Call For Patriot League Recruiting Needs

Pages : 1 [2]

Lehigh Football Nation
February 3rd, 2012, 04:35 PM
Suddenly, history is significant in the view of the Brown-Eyed Girls. So, sit for a moment while I tell you about March Field, Pop Warner, Jim Thorpe, the invention of both the helmet and the huddle, and Lafayette's THREE national football championships.

It might take some time, so . . . .

... and we'll talk about many, many football events that happened, oh, in 2010 and 2011, while occasionally dipping way, way back to 2008 and 2009 to talk about those epic wins against the Leopards. Works for me. xlolx

heath
February 3rd, 2012, 05:04 PM
Wow,thought we all had to wait until November for the squawk pussy talk.Its amazing after the a$$ kicking one of you received on a regular this past year, that you have the gonads to push buttons.I guess a 5 foot nothing Chucky recruit really gets the blood pumping. It must be so miserable in West Jersey,sorry meant Easton this time of year.So lets relive the past fellasxlolx

Bogus Megapardus
February 3rd, 2012, 05:41 PM
a 5 foot nothing Chucky recruit

That's the Seed of Chucky to you, Sir, if you don't mind.

And I can't help it if Lafayette is the college of choice for the sons and nephews of multiple NFL players and coaches. They want a broad-based education, after all. Not simply a narrow focus on differential Entitlement Theory.

ngineer
February 3rd, 2012, 10:58 PM
That's the Seed of Chucky to you, Sir, if you don't mind.

And I can't help it if Lafayette is the college of choice for the sons and nephews of multiple NFL players and coaches. They want a broad-based education, after all. Not simply a narrow focus on differential Entitlement Theory.

See I told you Laughyette was transitioning, but where I thought they were heading toward Swarthmore, it now appears to tilting toward Vassar and Smith.

RichH2
February 4th, 2012, 10:59 AM
"Broad based" indeed. Dump Engineering and add gender studies. Next for the Pards are cross dressing qbs.

Bogus Megapardus
February 4th, 2012, 11:31 AM
Next for the Pards are cross dressing qbs.

Yes, but only for Lehigh weekend parties, and only when mimicking the overwhelming choice of majors for Lehigh's recent recruits.

http://img828.imageshack.us/img828/1143/lehighwomensstudies.png

Bogus Megapardus
February 4th, 2012, 11:44 AM
Wow. Gender Studies is so entrenched and so mainstream at Lehigh that it has its very own logo! Proudly worn at those rasslin' meets, I'm sure:

http://img808.imageshack.us/img808/6834/wslogocolorasjpegbrown.jpg

Now I can't be certain at this point, but there just might be a Fun with Photoshop moment with this one, come November.

ngineer
February 4th, 2012, 12:54 PM
Wow. Gender Studies is so entrenched and so mainstream at Lehigh that it has its very own logo! Proudly worn at those rasslin' meets, I'm sure:

http://img808.imageshack.us/img808/6834/wslogocolorasjpegbrown.jpg

Now I can't be certain at this point, but there just might be a Fun with Photoshop moment with this one, come November.

Just in time for inclusion with the Five Peat. By then, the Laughyette grounds will be well fertilized from another crappy season..a losing season for the 'turd' year in a row. Lots of 'peat moss' to be had on College Hill.

colorless raider
February 4th, 2012, 03:13 PM
What exactly is "Supply Chain Management" that half the Engineer ball players major in?

van
February 4th, 2012, 04:16 PM
What exactly is "Supply Chain Management" that half the Engineer ball players major in?

Here you go raider:

Supply Chain Management Major
The Supply Chain Management major equips students with the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary for success in today’s complex business environment. This innovative program:

Provides solid exposure to supply management, logistics, business-to-business marketing and operations management topics.
Develops cross-functional team skills by integrating Supply Chain Management students with engineering students in the Integrated Product Development (IPD) program.
Emphasizes advanced cost analysis, negotiation, product development, and e-business.
Integrates core business courses with supply chain major courses.
Provides field study and experiential learning opportunities.
Supply Chain Management graduates typically work within five areas, each with its own set of positions and career paths:

purchasing and supply management
transportation and logistics
operations management
inventory management and control
supply chain planning

What exactly is "Frozen Precipitation Removal" that the Colgate football team majors in?

don't come talking football smack around here, we have well over 100 years experience on you!

Lafalumni29
February 4th, 2012, 04:50 PM
Here you go raider:

Supply Chain Management Major
The Supply Chain Management major equips students with the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary for success in today’s complex business environment. This innovative program:

Provides solid exposure to supply management, logistics, business-to-business marketing and operations management topics.
Develops cross-functional team skills by integrating Supply Chain Management students with engineering students in the Integrated Product Development (IPD) program.
Emphasizes advanced cost analysis, negotiation, product development, and e-business.
Integrates core business courses with supply chain major courses.
Provides field study and experiential learning opportunities.
Supply Chain Management graduates typically work within five areas, each with its own set of positions and career paths:

purchasing and supply management
transportation and logistics
operations management
inventory management and control
supply chain planning

What exactly is "Frozen Precipitation Removal" that the Colgate football team majors in?

don't come talking football smack around here, we have well over 100 years experience on you!

Someone has to train the stocks boys at Walmart.

Lehigh Football Nation
February 4th, 2012, 07:02 PM

Not nice to talk about your senior class like that.

citdog
February 4th, 2012, 07:05 PM

see vmi

RichH2
February 5th, 2012, 11:05 AM
AH , I do hope we are not peaking too early. We have some real gems here. I fear a rerun summer for repartee.

Bogus Megapardus
February 5th, 2012, 11:30 AM
AH , I do hope we are not peaking too early. We have some real gems here. I fear a rerun summer for repartee.

I'm biding my time, and trying not to hijack threads (though it pains me so to refrain). Also, I'm trying to get better at Photoshop, and trying to learn Illustrator and Flash, so I can make some nice animations with sound and music. A new character, Mister BrownClown, will be featured along with ample doses of the Li'l Lehigh Tragic Bus. Grazing Coeds, a satirical twist on Sayre bed races, and toxic fumes aplenty are anticipated.

ngineer
February 5th, 2012, 12:12 PM
I'm biding my time, and trying not to hijack threads (though it pains me so to refrain). Also, I'm trying to get better at Photoshop, and trying to learn Illustrator and Flash, so I can make some nice animations with sound and music. A new character, Mister BrownClown, will be featured along with ample doses of the Li'l Lehigh Tragic Bus. Grazing Coeds, a satirical twist on Sayre bed races, and toxic fumes aplenty are anticipated.

Hey, since the wins sure aren't keeping you warm this winter, I'm glad you've got your hand into something...(;-)

van
February 5th, 2012, 03:17 PM
Good thing we've been winning on the field, cause bogie is a formidable smack opponent.

carney2
February 5th, 2012, 04:19 PM
Good thing we've been winning on the field, cause bogie is a formidable smack opponent.

Every once in a while we're glad he's on our side.

Lehigh Football Nation
February 5th, 2012, 10:37 PM
I hate to break up this smack party, but I'm pretty sure I have near-complete lists (and, importantly, video) of what has been publicly announced for the five schools that haven't announced officially.

I know Georgetown is complete thus far (thanks to DFW):

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2012/01/unofficial-georgetown-commit-list-for.html

Pretty sure Lehigh is complete thus far:

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2012/01/unofficial-lehigh-commit-list-for-class.html

Bucknell is almost 100% complete I think, need to add a few more names:

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2012/01/unofficial-bucknell-commit-list-for.html

Ditto for Holy Cross (mega-props to Breezy for his list):

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2012/01/unofficial-holy-cross-commit-list-for.html

And Colgate's recruits, which have been as tough to track down as a poodle in a blizzard, are (I think) almost all accounted for:

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2012/01/unofficial-colgate-commit-list-for.html

A caveat that I don't have every name, some will be top secret from each school, but these are the ones that are verifiable through the press and the interwebs.

breezy
February 6th, 2012, 07:51 AM
LFN --

As usual, an outstanding job in compiling these lists.

Here is the current HC list that I have compiled from various web sites (as of 2/6/12) --

Unofficial list of VERBAL COMMITMENTS:

1. DL Mike Galantini (PA)
2. LB Justin Todd (IN)
3. OL/DL Conor Hopewell (NC)
4. K/P Connor Fitzgerald (IN)
5. LB John Turner (CT)
6. LB Kenny Acquah (NY)
7. ATH Kyle Keyser (PA)
8. WR Leif Colberg (CT)
9. WR Coan Calabrese (TX)
10. DL Dewayne Cameron (FL)
11. WR Zach Buzzard (AZ)
12. OL Sam Ranieri (FL)
13. LB Matt Bhaya (NJ)
14. WR/TE Danny Bosse (GA)
15. RB Elad Covaliu (MD)
16. WR/DB Kalif Raymond (GA)
17. TE/DB Ryan Smith (KY)
18. DL Daniel Maloy (MA)
19. WR Don Webber (MA)
20. DB J.T. Frank (CA)
21. RB Alex Waked (CA)
22. DL/LB Clint Jackman (CA)
23. OL Jacob Gonzales (TX)
24. OL Richard Barber (IL)
25. LB Richard Zakrzewski (MI)
26. QB Austin Barr (TX)
27. LB Kobe Osei-Boaten (TX)

One caveat and one correction for your list.

I have not been able to confirm that WR Leif Colberg actually signed. The Hartford Courant listing that showed him committed to Holy Cross had an asterisk that it was not yet confirmed. I found an article for signings by Cheshire Academy students and he was not included. I don't know what happened (if anything).

Matt Intile was a 2011 recruit, and was a freshman on the HC roster this past season.

RichH2
February 6th, 2012, 08:25 AM
Been trolling the lists for any new names, as far as I can see as of Monday got'em all. Caveat , I have little doubt that we will see new names when official announcement.

Lehigh Football Nation
February 6th, 2012, 07:54 PM
I have not been able to confirm that WR Leif Colberg actually signed. The Hartford Courant listing that showed him committed to Holy Cross had an asterisk that it was not yet confirmed. I found an article for signings by Cheshire Academy students and he was not included. I don't know what happened (if anything).

Leif Colberg's announcement, for the record, came here:

http://articles.courant.com/2012-01-31/sports/hc-state-recruit-list-0201-20120131_1_cheshire-academy-pat-d-amato-ryan-jacobucci

ngineer
February 6th, 2012, 09:31 PM
Lotta "Cheshire Academy" kids...I wonder, is their mascot the 'Cats'? What else could it be?:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D: D:D:D:D:D:D

RichH2
February 7th, 2012, 11:57 AM
The poaching starts!!!

Tres Barkdale a wr took a schollie to MSU leaving Hoyas. Besides status of Big 10 reason given was that GU did not give football scholarships. ohiosports.com

Rather poignant and pertinanet reminder of what the lack of scholardships does to PL every year.

DFW HOYA
February 7th, 2012, 12:25 PM
Rather poignant and pertinent reminder of what the lack of scholarships does to PL every year.

Well, that's not likely to change for the Hoyas, anyway. In the short term, a preferred walk on with the hope of a scholarship in 2013 might looks good compared to no scholarship in Washington, but it's a decision he has to make.

But how soon in the future will some PL schools start doing the same thing to GU going forward?

Lehigh Football Nation
February 7th, 2012, 12:30 PM
To be fair, if Michigan State dangled an FBS scholarship in front of any of our recruits from any PL schol, they would be hard pressed to say no. You'd even get "paid" an extra two grand a year for the privilege in the Big Ten.

RichH2
February 7th, 2012, 12:43 PM
Well, that's not likely to change for the Hoyas, anyway. In the short term, a preferred walk on with the hope of a scholarship in 2013 might looks good compared to no scholarship in Washington, but it's a decision he has to make.

But how soon in the future will some PL schools start doing the same thing to GU going forward?

I have no doubt it will happen. Heck it goes on now.xshakefistxxpissedx. Dont expect it to change overmuch. Hoyas will just remain more vulnerable than the rest of us. Altho, a kid offered P/W/O at a Big 10 school might go anyway even with scholliesxscanxxscanx

ngineer
February 7th, 2012, 09:26 PM
I have no doubt it will happen. Heck it goes on now.xshakefistxxpissedx. Dont expect it to change overmuch. Hoyas will just remain more vulnerable than the rest of us. Altho, a kid offered P/W/O at a Big 10 school might go anyway even with scholliesxscanxxscanx

Sometimes, but with scholarships we have better chance of keeping them. Jimmy Jefferson was offered a preferred walk on at Penn State. We were able to offer him enough aid that the cost between PSU and Lehigh was about the same. The Lehigh degree and a better chance of playing swayed him in our direction. There may be some others.
Speaking of Jimmy, he may eligible for a medical redshirt due to missing his entire sophomore year. He really came into his own this year. Coming back would give us some added depth.

RichH2
February 8th, 2012, 08:08 AM
Sometimes, but with scholarships we have better chance of keeping them. Jimmy Jefferson was offered a preferred walk on at Penn State. We were able to offer him enough aid that the cost between PSU and Lehigh was about the same. The Lehigh degree and a better chance of playing swayed him in our direction. There may be some others.
Speaking of Jimmy, he may eligible for a medical redshirt due to missing his entire sophomore year. He really came into his own this year. Coming back would give us some added depth.

We can hope that Jimmy will apply and get a 5th yr. Our depth at wr not great

van
February 8th, 2012, 02:36 PM
We can hope that Jimmy will apply and get a 5th yr. Our depth at wr not great

More than added depth, I think he would be a force.