PDA

View Full Version : Montana/Sam Houston St. Game Thread

Pages : 1 2 [3]

crossfire07
December 17th, 2011, 11:36 AM
To all you Montana fans, ya'll showed nothing but class before and after the game. I appreciate that.

Too bad they can't find their way to a message board. Of course it is quite today but go read the crap before the game, not much class at all but those that did have it are appreciated.

Dallas Demon
December 17th, 2011, 11:42 AM
Official attendance was 12,367 which is right around the max capacity with the band and all. It was enough to have people sitting on the hill which hasn't happened in a very long time.

The stadium holds 14K. Assuming that is true, there was WAY more than 14K there last night. During the regular season that would have been a crowd of 16-18K at least. This number is HIGHLY suspect. xconfusedx

Dallas Demon
December 17th, 2011, 11:44 AM
This is huge for the SLC, and the whole Frisco team. Whether it's NDSU, or GSU I smell the first sellout at Pizza Hut. Three weeks to pump this one.

I would agree, this one should be a sellout, the stadium holds 23K I believe.

veinup
December 17th, 2011, 12:20 PM
Too bad they can't find their way to a message board. Of course it is quite today but go read the crap before the game, not much class at all but those that did have it are appreciated.

are you really trying to be a dick, or just coming off that way accidentally?

crossfire07
December 17th, 2011, 01:17 PM
Take it however you want to. I don't care. Are you reading the same postings I am? Do you really think they are classy? I can only think of what some other team members would be saying to their own for making such posts and I am pretty sure they would not be tolerated on other boards but when the owner of the board supports it by letting it continue, all is free game and I suppose there is no line to cross.

Cleets
December 17th, 2011, 01:21 PM
Take it however you want to. I don't care. Are you reading the same postings I am? Do you really think they are classy? I can only think of what some other team members would be saying to their own for making such posts and I am pretty sure they would not be tolerated on other boards but when the owner of the board supports it by letting it continue, all is free game and I suppose there is no line to cross.

Nobody is "supporting" it...
we run an open board - one that reflects the true nature of our society - a free country / and free board / freedom of speech...
I don't always like what I read on here, but I'll be damned if I won't fight for that jerks right to say it

veinup
December 17th, 2011, 01:24 PM

"they" who? montana fans? there's a mix. i think most of them are classy dudes. there are exceptions. if you want to paint us all with the same brush and say you don't care and etc., okay. i don't really care about whatever team your avatar represents, but i'm not going to be a dick about it. the best way to raise the level of "class" on this board is to make classy posts yourself.

BEAR
December 17th, 2011, 04:17 PM

For those Montana fans that had class before the game, crossfire appreciates it. xnodx

TheRevSFA
December 17th, 2011, 05:21 PM
What was it that was said on egriz? "I hope the sam team dies in a plane crash."

Classy

Grizzlies82
December 17th, 2011, 05:51 PM
What was it that was said on egriz? "I hope the sam team dies in a plane crash."

Classy

I've not seen that comment but can believe some idiot would post it. Yet when you go to eGriz note there are two hundred plus posters online with several hundred more lurking. Among those hundreds, there are about a half dozen who consistently think their job is to be the most ridiculous A**hole. They are successful in their pursuit, and they feed off each other. Typically I ignore their comments. I don't think it is my role, or yours, to be their "mommy" who must rein them in. Generally when you do step on them they just get all the more outrageous.

So it really is a case of "Don't feed the trolls". xnonox Don't let any of the crap get under your skin. Just ignore it and move on.

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 17th, 2011, 06:38 PM

Classy

Yeah like that happened, you Texas guys are unbelievable..........

katstrapper
December 17th, 2011, 09:59 PM
The stadium holds 14K. Assuming that is true, there was WAY more than 14K there last night. During the regular season that would have been a crowd of 16-18K at least. This number is HIGHLY suspect. xconfusedx

12K number is underreported. I have seen that stadium several times like that it was 15k to 16k. I was there. The place was packed everywhere. There was way more than 12k+ they reported.

Bowers is a 14k stadium. If they were to fill the grassy areas it could hold 23k. Look for the crowds to grow if we can take care of business on Jan. 7th.

Wellington
December 17th, 2011, 11:11 PM
Sam simply outplayed the griz and had a few breaks as a bonus. The griz adapted too late. I was surprised the griz coaching staff went for a 48 yd field goal with how much wind there was. Seemed like a better idea at the time to go for it. I like how Sam gambled with that 4th quarter 4th down conversion and got it-- I had a feeling they would convert. The SH offense was consistently getting a lot of yards per possession. I think NDSU will beat SH.:D

veinup
December 18th, 2011, 12:03 AM
Wellington - you're not Wellington from GAF by any chance, are you?

Sambow
December 18th, 2011, 12:38 AM
Yeah like that happened, you Texas guys are unbelievable..........

OK alpha, you are really cool. I would have really enjoyed seeing you in Texas....Something tells me you never made the trip.........OH UH my camera got broken............nice try

I-16Bandit
December 18th, 2011, 01:14 AM
NM

Twentysix
December 18th, 2011, 01:23 AM
12K number is underreported. I have seen that stadium several times like that it was 15k to 16k. I was there. The place was packed everywhere. There was way more than 12k+ they reported.

Bowers is a 14k stadium. If they were to fill the grassy areas it could hold 23k. Look for the crowds to grow if we can take care of business on Jan. 7th.

I don't believe you. If they let specators stand on the field the fargodome holds 26k.

After looking at a picture of how much grass is around your field, I now believe you.

veinup
December 18th, 2011, 02:22 AM
SHSU field looks like WA griz circa 1994.

Grizo406
December 18th, 2011, 06:53 PM
Sorry I'm a little late getting my congrats out to an absolutely awesome Bearkat performance on Friday night!xsmileyclapx

SHSU was terrific on both sides of the ball! Nice job! You guys deserve the #1 ranking, and I wish you all the best in the Chipper!xthumbsupx

I can honestly say that, now, I know how the Sam Houston faithful felt after their 2004 playoff game in Missoula...and I don't like it one bit!

Win this National Championship, and enjoy the ride! Both are VERY SWEET!xsalutex

Agentorang312
December 18th, 2011, 09:06 PM
Sorry I'm a little late getting my congrats out to an absolutely awesome Bearkat performance on Friday night!xsmileyclapx

SHSU was terrific on both sides of the ball! Nice job! You guys deserve the #1 ranking, and I wish you all the best in the Chipper!xthumbsupx

I can honestly say that, now, I know how the Sam Houston faithful felt after their 2004 playoff game in Missoula...and I don't like it one bit!

Win this National Championship, and enjoy the ride! Both are VERY SWEET!xsalutex

Thanks, it was great to have an awesome team and fans like the Griz come to Huntsville. (except AG1: must be one in every fan base)2004 was a very long winter for us. Time to show the nation what the local saying "tough as a Bearkat" truly means.

Silenoz
December 28th, 2011, 01:15 PM

Classy

Like any fanbase, x percentage of them will be douchebags

Like the SFA troll who was all over Egriz two years ago.

Sam_Kats
December 28th, 2011, 01:17 PM
The UM folks were great. Hope to have y'all back soon. Or if we go to Wa-Griz, I'm in.

Cleets
December 28th, 2011, 01:36 PM
The UM folks were great. Hope to have y'all back soon. Or if we go to Wa-Griz, I'm in.

Alpha will pick you up in his JET and be sure to bring a phone with a camera (pretty new fangled contraption but work with me)