PDA

View Full Version : NDSU vs. Georgia Southern - Semifinals

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

No_Skill
December 16th, 2011, 09:14 PM
Too much to read. I'll take your word for it.

Would pictures help?

:D

fencereagle
December 16th, 2011, 09:18 PM
Thankfully we put our speed on the defensive side of the ball.

And the documentation supporting your "we're super duper fast on defense! I'm serial!" position can be found where...?

FIDO-GATA
December 16th, 2011, 09:19 PM
Would pictures help?

:D

Probably not. Not at this point. I'm completely burnt out on analyzing this game. I'm just ready for tomorrow at 2:30 (Eastern Standard Time of course!)

NoDak 4 Ever
December 16th, 2011, 09:20 PM
And the documentation supporting your "we're super duper fast on defense! I'm serial!" position can be found where...?

Well when we provided evidence that blew up your earlier theory, you clammed up.

No_Skill
December 16th, 2011, 09:21 PM
Probably not. Not at this point. I'm completely burnt out on analyzing this game. I'm just ready for tomorrow at 2:30 (Eastern Standard Time of course!)

I'm with you brother.

FargoBison
December 16th, 2011, 09:23 PM

How exactly do you document defensive speed outside of looking at film?

I guess this is a quote from one of the coaches in our conference talking about NDSU vs GSU's option....

SIU Head Coach Dale Lennon-"I like North Dakota State," he said. "I think they've got talent on defense. I think their speed is right where you need it, and their versatility with their front seven is pretty impressive. And I think they have the coaches who know how to defend it."

fencereagle
December 16th, 2011, 09:27 PM
Well when we provided evidence that blew up your earlier theory, you clammed up.

My sincerest appologies for having a life. I'll try to shed those pesky responsibilities so I hpcan hang on your every post.

I notice in your 13 averages you neglected to mention the fact that the 7 other hideous teams with losing records that NDSU played had scoring averages in the teens and low twenties. It works just like grades, a couple of 50s bring a bunch of 100s down.

fencereagle
December 16th, 2011, 09:29 PM
How exactly do you document defensive speed outside of looking at film?

I guess this is a quote from one of the coaches in our conference talking about NDSU vs GSU's option....

SIU Head Coach Dale Lennon-"I like North Dakota State," he said. "I think they've got talent on defense. I think their speed is right where you need it, and their versatility with their front seven is pretty impressive. And I think they have the coaches who know how to defend it."

Exactly. You can't. All speed is relative. Our offensive players don't have to be faster than the fastest person on your team. They just have to be faster than the person chasing them. That's how fast speed offenses work.

Twentysix
December 16th, 2011, 09:30 PM
My sincerest appologies for having a life. I'll try to shed those pesky responsibilities so I hpcan hang on your every post.

I notice in your 13 averages you neglected to mention the fact that the 7 other hideous teams with losing records that NDSU played had scoring averages in the teens and low twenties. It works just like grades, a couple of 50s bring a bunch of 100s down.

You are georgia brilliant.

fencereagle
December 16th, 2011, 09:32 PM
You are georgia brilliant.

Based on the posts here over the last week I'm clearly N Dakota brilliant too, but really there's no need for overt compliments. Have a nice day, I have responsibilities to attend to.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 16th, 2011, 09:34 PM

Well unfortunately I am a parent of a small child so I have no life :)

the average of the games in which NDSU played teams that were sub .500 was 13.1ppg

The thesis of your argument is that the reason NDSU has such a good scoring defense is because the teams they play aren't very good. This is clearly incorrect. They certainly did better against the not so good teams but they did quite well against winning teams and more importantly, playoff teams.

FIDO-GATA
December 16th, 2011, 09:38 PM
Well unfortunately I am a parent of a small child so I have no life :)

Yes kids suck. Completely get in the way of watching football.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 16th, 2011, 09:39 PM
Yes kids suck. Completely get in the way of watching football.

He's 19 months old and has been in bed for a couple hours so I'm kind of in the sweet spot for the moment. :D

FIDO-GATA
December 16th, 2011, 09:43 PM
He's 19 months old and has been in bed for a couple hours so I'm kind of in the sweet spot for the moment. :D

I'm feeling ya man. I have a 3 year old and a 14 month old. I'm trying to figure out how I can keep them distracted for 3 hours tomorrow while daddy has his special time. xnodx

NoDak 4 Ever
December 16th, 2011, 09:50 PM
I'm feeling ya man. I have a 3 year old and a 14 month old. I'm trying to figure out how I can keep them distracted for 3 hours tomorrow while daddy has his special time. xnodx

Yeah, my wife is WELL aware that she needs to run interference tomorrow afternoon. He'll sit and watch a little bit but not for too long.

ngineer
December 16th, 2011, 10:27 PM
Looking for a good one tomorrow. Best of luck to both teams in staying healthy. Whoever wins will need to rest up from what we saw tonight by the BearKats.

Gil Dobie
December 16th, 2011, 10:36 PM
Well life got in the way tonight, my wife has a sinus infection. Left for the clinic when Sam had a 28-7 lead, came back and it's 31-28 with 8 minutes left.
Tomorrow is reserved for the Bison game though.

GSUhooligan
December 16th, 2011, 11:04 PM
BWW was fun. Nice to meet Bison Babe in person. The back and forth banter was all in good fun and I'm looking forward to seeing some more bison fans at the tailgate tomorrow. Did anyone else notice the trivia champ throughout the night? GSUWIN FTW!

GSUhooligan
December 16th, 2011, 11:06 PM
.500 or better teams in bold...

Lafayette... Points vs NDSU 6...Average points per game...22
St Francis... Points vs NDSU 3...Average points per game....28
Minnesota... Points vs NDSU 24...Average points per game...18
ISUR... Points vs NDSU 10...Average points per game....28
SIU... Points vs NDSU 3...Average points per game...26
MSU... Points vs NDSU 21...Average points per game...20
SDSU... Points vs NDSU 14...Average points per game....24
UNI... Points vs NDSU 19...Average points per game...26
ISUB... Points vs NDSU 16...Average points per game....28
YSU... Points vs NDSU 27...Average points per game...36
WIU... Points vs NDSU 21...Average points per game...15
JMU... Points vs NDSU 14...Average points per game...22
Lehigh... Points vs NDSU 0...Average points per game...32

Notice any trends....I'll help...all of them are being held under their season average.

I know you only meant the bold teams, but 3 of the unbolded (AKA sub .500) teams exceeded their scoring average against the vaunted NDSU defense.....

FargoBison
December 16th, 2011, 11:10 PM
I know you only meant the bold teams, but 3 of the unbolded (AKA sub .500) teams exceeded their scoring average against the vaunted NDSU defense.....

One of them was a Big 10 team...the other two we were up big and once we got up by 30 points we just put it on cruise control.

GSUhooligan
December 16th, 2011, 11:21 PM
One of them was a Big 10 team...

In name only.

sgt smash
December 16th, 2011, 11:32 PM
I saw one confirmed Georgia Southern fan at the mall tonight. Shook his hand and welcomed him to Fargo. Older gentelman in is 40's-ish. Seemed pretty excited about the game. Cannot wait for tomorrow!!!

GaSouthern
December 16th, 2011, 11:32 PM
It's game day! Time for a new thread as this one is already a legend!

CC Eagle
December 16th, 2011, 11:35 PM
.500 or better teams in bold...

Lafayette... Points vs NDSU 6...Average points per game...22
St Francis... Points vs NDSU 3...Average points per game....28
Minnesota... Points vs NDSU 24...Average points per game...18
ISUR... Points vs NDSU 10...Average points per game....28
SIU... Points vs NDSU 3...Average points per game...26
MSU... Points vs NDSU 21...Average points per game...20
SDSU... Points vs NDSU 14...Average points per game....24
UNI... Points vs NDSU 19...Average points per game...26
ISUB... Points vs NDSU 16...Average points per game....28
YSU... Points vs NDSU 27...Average points per game...36
WIU... Points vs NDSU 21...Average points per game...15
JMU... Points vs NDSU 14...Average points per game...22
Lehigh... Points vs NDSU 0...Average points per game...32

Notice any trends....I'll help...all of them are being held under their season average.

Choosing to overlook the fact that you're wrong and that two of those opponents did go over their season average in scoring against NDSU, I'd like to counter with gaudy stats of my own.

Opponent Average PPG allowed Pts alllowed vs. GSU
Samford 24.8 31
Tusculum 35.5 62
W. Carolina 45.6 52
Elon 32.6 41
Chattanooga 19.7 28
Furman 26.1 50
Presbyterian 31.5 48
App. St. 23.8 17
Citadel 23.4 14
Wofford 24.3 31
Alabama 9.1 21
Old Dominion 27.8 55
Maine 23.9 35

Total avg. 26.8 37.3

NDSU allowed 13.7 PPG against offenses averaging a combined 25 PPG
NDSU is holding opponents - on average - to 54.8% of their average

GSU has averaged 37.3 PPG against defenses averaging a combined 26.8 PPG
GSU is scoring - on average - 58.2% more points than their opponents usually give up.

Like we've been saying all week --- Your defense is good. Our offense is better. Take that statistical advantage and throw in the fact that NDSU has no way of preparing for the quickness with which it has to react and defend, and you[ve got a GSU win staring you in the face.

Eaglesrus
December 16th, 2011, 11:37 PM
It's game day! Time for a new thread as this one is already a legend!

Its only 11:37 pm! To GSUhooligan, nice to meet you as well.

FargoBison
December 16th, 2011, 11:39 PM
Choosing to overlook the fact that you're wrong and that two of those opponents did go over their season average in scoring against NDSU, I'd like to counter with gaudy stats of my own.

Opponent Average PPG allowed Pts alllowed vs. GSU
Samford 24.8 31
Tusculum 35.5 62
W. Carolina 45.6 52
Elon 32.6 41
Chattanooga 19.7 28
Furman 26.1 50
Presbyterian 31.5 48
App. St. 23.8 17
Citadel 23.4 14
Wofford 24.3 31
Alabama 9.1 21
Old Dominion 27.8 55
Maine 23.9 35

Total avg. 26.8 37.3

NDSU allowed 13.7 PPG against offenses averaging a combined 25 PPG
NDSU is holding opponents - on average - to 54.8% of their average

GSU has averaged 37.3 PPG against defenses averaging a combined 26.8 PPG
GSU is scoring - on average - 58.2% more points than their opponents usually give up.

Like we've been saying all week --- Your defense is good. Our offense is better. Take that statistical advantage and throw in the fact that NDSU has no way of preparing for the quickness with which it has to react and defend, and you[ve got a GSU win staring you in the face.

You can't even follow a simple message board thread...why should I even care about the trash you write? The poster I responded to only cared about .500 or better teams...which is why I bolded the .500 or better teams. That is the only trend I was talking about.

Yeah GSU's offensive numbers are impressive. I never said otherwise. NDSU's defensive numbers are impressive...and GSU fans were saying otherwise. So guess what? I corrected them.

Not sure why GSU fans get so jumpy about things. This match up is all about a great defense vs a great offense...that is why it is so intriguing.

FargoBison
December 17th, 2011, 12:01 AM
It's Gameday!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8WMKaoT8do

bullitt_60
December 17th, 2011, 12:28 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAgfHK-D12A

Cleets
December 17th, 2011, 12:30 AM
200 plus pages...!!!
and we're closing in on Kick-off boys and girls - this should be another great game

sgt smash
December 17th, 2011, 12:41 AM
Nice Last of the Mohicans Theme in your video. That song is almost as motivating as Al Pacino over Paul Kelly's "Peace" from Any Given Sunday.

bullitt_60
December 17th, 2011, 01:08 AM
Nice Last of the Mohicans Theme in your video. That song is almost as motivating as Al Pacino over Paul Kelly's "Peace" from Any Given Sunday.

Sorry, I liked it. This one is a little more appropriate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HyDg8BfxNg&list=UU9n-BWMR7TSdolUyuwairmw&index=8&feature=plcp

LakesBison
December 17th, 2011, 01:09 AM
My buddy just challenged a GSU fan to arm.wrestling at rooters.... The GSU fan took the buyout!!

Downtown.fargo was.crazy, every bar packed.!!

Lets kick some gsu a ss!!

LakesBison
December 17th, 2011, 01:12 AM
Well the ndsu. vs gsu..chants.at.bwws rocked lots of fun and smack talk. Couple players dads of ndsu were hyped!! Gonna be fun tomorrow

sgt smash
December 17th, 2011, 01:28 AM
Sorry, I liked it. This one is a little more appropriate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HyDg8BfxNg&list=UU9n-BWMR7TSdolUyuwairmw&index=8&feature=plcp
No seriously I liked it. I had both soundtracks in high school. I am a sucker for that stuff. Always like a Bittersweet Symphony highlight video too.

swaghook
December 17th, 2011, 01:34 AM
BWW was fun. Nice to meet Bison Babe in person. The back and forth banter was all in good fun and I'm looking forward to seeing some more bison fans at the tailgate tomorrow. Did anyone else notice the trivia champ throughout the night? GSUWIN FTW!

I didn't notice any others playing trivia. It's easy to win when you play with yourself. ;)

sgt smash
December 17th, 2011, 01:36 AM
the first one was way better

SpiritCymbal
December 17th, 2011, 02:23 AM
We definitely won the battle tonight! GSU rulled BWW's and whatever bar we went to after that!!!!..

WHOSE HOUSE?

BisonBabe
December 17th, 2011, 05:34 AM
We definitely won the battle tonight! GSU rulled BWW's and whatever bar we went to after that!!!!..

WHOSE HOUSE?

If you were at the same BWW I was at I think you have selective hearing :)

BisonBabe
December 17th, 2011, 05:40 AM
Swag & I had a great time visiting with both NDSU & GSU fans last night....was great to see the passion you have for your team. As I said to more than one person there can only be on in the end. The game will come down to who makes the least mistakes and will be a close game.

We made up a couple batches of Pudding Shots to bring to tailgating in a few hours...Eaglesrus knows how to get ahold of us. I encourage all you GSU fans to walk over to the tailgating area and get to know just out nice we all are (you only met a small sampling last night)

Gil Dobie
December 17th, 2011, 08:34 AM
Quick preview on GoBison.com

http://gobison.com/

NoDak 4 Ever
December 17th, 2011, 08:47 AM
Quick preview on GoBison.com

http://gobison.com/

Well they're saying all the right things.

Apphole
December 17th, 2011, 08:56 AM
Do Yankees tailgate?

SpiritCymbal
December 17th, 2011, 09:00 AM
If you were at the same BWW I was at I think you have selective hearing :)

Maybe a little! hahaha...

Thanks again for the Chokecherry Honey!

NoDak 4 Ever
December 17th, 2011, 09:00 AM
Do Yankees tailgate?

Oh my yes....

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_NQwDuQ0gMzE/TKH0gYs0AeI/AAAAAAAADK4/3mYK1WfK7HM/s1600/IMG_1915a.jpg

Apphole
December 17th, 2011, 09:02 AM
Oh my yes....

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_NQwDuQ0gMzE/TKH0gYs0AeI/AAAAAAAADK4/3mYK1WfK7HM/s1600/IMG_1915a.jpg

Is that from today?

NoDak 4 Ever
December 17th, 2011, 09:03 AM
Is that from today?

No that's from the Gopher game earlier this year. We definitely outnumbered the home crowd.

jhbeagle
December 17th, 2011, 09:06 AM
Is that from today?

Very nice

Apphole
December 17th, 2011, 09:13 AM
No that's from the Gopher game earlier this year. We definitely outnumbered the home crowd.

Sounds like our trips to Elon

gsueagle2424
December 17th, 2011, 09:14 AM
Sounds like our trips to Elon

And ours to Wofford,

Apphole
December 17th, 2011, 09:17 AM
And ours to Wofford,

I knew one of you would say that xlolx

BisonBacker
December 17th, 2011, 09:23 AM
Going to be heading out for a while then to the game so probably won't be able to check in on here until after the game late tongiht as I have a company christmas party to go to after the game. Hopefully will be able to toast the Bison as they plan a trip to Frisco but either way here's to a good game for both teams and may the best team win with no injuries.

The Brief
December 17th, 2011, 09:24 AM
"Late arrivals -- Brad Reiner, Kasey Harrison, Kevin Harrison and Derek Sills arrived in Fargo, N.D., last night at 10:30 central time after leaving Statesboro at 1:30 Friday afternoon. They called their very understanding wives on the way to catch their Atlanta flight to Minneapolis. The foursome will bring the number of Eagle fans who made the trip for the game in the Fargodome to nearly 300."

Not bad considering how long the trip is.

Gil Dobie
December 17th, 2011, 09:27 AM
"Late arrivals -- Brad Reiner, Kasey Harrison, Kevin Harrison and Derek Sills arrived in Fargo, N.D., last night at 10:30 central time after leaving Statesboro at 1:30 Friday afternoon. They called their very understanding wives on the way to catch their Atlanta flight to Minneapolis. The foursome will bring the number of Eagle fans who made the trip for the game in the Fargodome to nearly 300."

Great fanbase, enjoy the game, but not too much ;)

Drblankstare
December 17th, 2011, 09:28 AM
God bless College Football. One of the few excuses to day drink. Good luck and good health to both teams. Here's to a great game.xbeerdrinkxxbeerdrinkxxbeerdrinkx

Go Bison

GaSouthern
December 17th, 2011, 09:37 AM
It has been a fun week! I'm looking forward to giving NDSU all they can take today vs the domination they gave us back in 2006 when we ran that pansy offense

NoDak 4 Ever
December 17th, 2011, 09:38 AM

Good onya. I was literally as late as yesterday afternoon looking to see how much a flight from Columbus to Minneapolis or Fargo would be. I'm glad the game is almost here so I can get over my homesickness.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 17th, 2011, 09:43 AM
Just about ready to leave the house for the game.

GO BISON

My voice is going to be gone before the 1st quarter is over.

BISON win 34-21

LakesBison
December 17th, 2011, 09:52 AM
KEGS & EGGS ARE FLOWING ALREADY AT CHUBS AND LABBYS.

Tailgate lot is filling up and its like 30 degrees, time for shirts to come off. LETS PARTY!!

Cleets
December 17th, 2011, 10:01 AM
I can't remember a game I've looked forward to seeing more than this one...
This is truely a damn interesting match-up and two great fan bases - this is really exciting for me - I'm pretty jacked

NoDak 4 Ever
December 17th, 2011, 10:03 AM
I'm pretty sure the world doesn't understand how much I want the Bison to win today so I will just say this. Please be good.

Eagle22
December 17th, 2011, 10:09 AM
I'm pretty sure the world doesn't understand how much I want the Bison to win today so I will just say this. Please be good.

Let's see, you're on post 932 and I think when the week started you were on post 200 something (just kidding) ....

Every GSU and NDSU fan probably has the exact same sentiment !

NoDak 4 Ever
December 17th, 2011, 10:17 AM
Let's see, you're on post 932 and I think when the week started you were on post 200 something (just kidding) ....

Every GSU and NDSU fan probably has the exact same sentiment !

Not quite but I have 285 posts in this thread.....I need help. :D

Cleets
December 17th, 2011, 10:20 AM
Two GSU fans making their appearance in Fargo....

http://cdn.userpics.com/original/1311875831_epic_general_lee_drift.gif

Eagle22
December 17th, 2011, 10:30 AM

lol

caribbeanhen
December 17th, 2011, 10:34 AM
Just about ready to leave the house for the game.

just about to leave the house for the Playa because frankly my dear Scarlett, i don't give a damn

No_Skill
December 17th, 2011, 10:34 AM
Fargo has no curved streets. ;)

jhbeagle
December 17th, 2011, 10:42 AM

sweet

NoDak 4 Ever
December 17th, 2011, 10:48 AM

Not in the business areas but I remember racing around Prairiewood Drive in my younger days.

Phrebert
December 17th, 2011, 10:53 AM
Are they paved?

Gil Dobie
December 17th, 2011, 10:53 AM

that's the little jaunt from University to 10th street on 13th ave south. ;)

Gil Dobie
December 17th, 2011, 10:54 AM
Are they paved?

They are paved and the government is working it's way west towards Montana. ;)

Phrebert
December 17th, 2011, 10:55 AM
They are paved and the government is working it's way west towards Montana. ;)

Sheesh Whats next....Playing football indoors?

LakesBison
December 17th, 2011, 11:22 AM
F KFGO Y94 putting a SIOUX PETITION SIGN ON THIER VAN IN.FRONT OF FARGODOME

WHAT THE HELL¡!!!!

Go bison win this title today!!!!

LeaveAComment

L @kes.bison

straightshooter
December 17th, 2011, 11:24 AM
Sadly not in Fargo for the game, but last night while in the Atlanta Airport, I passed a young man wearing a NDSU sweatshirt. We were headed in different directions, but I made sure I gave him a "Go Eagles" as he walked by.

geoff
December 17th, 2011, 11:29 AM
F KFGO Y94 putting a SIOUX PETITION SIGN ON THIER VAN IN.FRONT OF FARGODOME

WHAT THE HELL¡!!!!

Go bison win this title today!!!!

LeaveAComment

L @kes.bison
Go take care of that lakes! We can't have any of that bs today. It's heitkamp sticking his nose up at the bison.

GaSouthern
December 17th, 2011, 11:32 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkSS3XdRhv4

eaglewraith
December 17th, 2011, 11:50 AM

LIKE A BOSS

mainejeff
December 17th, 2011, 12:00 PM
A bunch of meaningless basketball and bowl games on ESPN and ESPN2 while the FCS gets relgated to ESPNU?.......are you freakin kidding me???

LakesBison
December 17th, 2011, 12:03 PM
Amen jeff

gataeagles7
December 17th, 2011, 12:46 PM
Alright Iceholes. We're headed to the bar to cheer on the Eagles to victory. Good luck GSU and NDSU. It's been a good week-o-smack. May the best team win! The winner of this game will hoist the trophy in Frisco!

NoDak 4 Ever
December 17th, 2011, 01:22 PM
Oh my god, the game is about to start. I'm camped on my sofa, my family is nervous but we are all ready!

bullitt_60
December 17th, 2011, 01:24 PM
Go eagles!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

NoDak 4 Ever
December 17th, 2011, 01:26 PM
I feel like since most of my brethren are actually at the game I may be in the minority on this thread as the game goes on.

ChiefGSU275
December 17th, 2011, 01:30 PM
Gametime!!! May the best team win!!

NoDak 4 Ever
December 17th, 2011, 01:31 PM
First bracket!!

ChiefGSU275
December 17th, 2011, 01:34 PM
What's with the yellow jerseys?

Cleets
December 17th, 2011, 01:34 PM

Awesome, is what..!!!

NoDak 4 Ever
December 17th, 2011, 01:35 PM

They break them out from time to time. I really gets the crowd up. They wore them for the JMU game.

Gil Dobie
December 17th, 2011, 01:35 PM
Everybody up for the kickoff :)

I-16Bandit
December 17th, 2011, 01:36 PM
Game on!!! Got my Jim Beam in hand. I'll be back in 2 hours!!!

NoDak 4 Ever
December 17th, 2011, 01:36 PM
Everybody up for the kickoff :)

THE MARCH IS ON!

Mr. C
December 17th, 2011, 01:37 PM
Those are some seriously ugly uniforms.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 17th, 2011, 01:38 PM
Bummer, radio stream is ahead of the TV, by a lot so I have to listen to the ESPN guys.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 17th, 2011, 01:39 PM
Oh Ryan Smith, how I have missed you....

Gil Dobie
December 17th, 2011, 01:39 PM
Nice to see Smith in the game.

Mr. C
December 17th, 2011, 01:41 PM
Not a smart call for NDSU on a third and one bootleg

NoDak 4 Ever
December 17th, 2011, 01:41 PM
Hm, a short pass to Veldman would have worked well in that case.

Mr. C
December 17th, 2011, 01:42 PM
Let's see what the triple option can do.

Gil Dobie
Typical slow start for NDSU, need to pick it up.

Ginsbach
Those are some seriously ugly uniforms.

You mean beautiful. I love the yellow/gold uniforms.

Mr. C
December 17th, 2011, 01:43 PM
J.J. Wilcox had a great game coming back from injury last week and is off to a good start today with 8 yards.

Mr. C
December 17th, 2011, 01:43 PM

Those are pretty hideous.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 17th, 2011, 01:44 PM
Wow. nice hit!

Gil Dobie
Nice stop by Heagle

bobbythekidd
Secretly, I do too.

Mr. C
December 17th, 2011, 01:45 PM
If NDSU can make Shaw keep the ball, that will help them. 3rd and 6.

Gil Dobie
Those are pretty hideous.

I think they are awesome, guess we disagree.

Gil Dobie
SACK!

NoDak 4 Ever
That is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen.

Mr. C
Shaw gets sacked.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 17th, 2011, 01:46 PM
Oh my god, that was a terrible call.

Mr. C
December 17th, 2011, 01:47 PM
Some loud boos from the Fargodome after the fair catch penalty.

Mr. C
Oh my god, that was a terrible call.

As a punt returner you CAN'T do that. Not a terrible call at all.

inpsite1919
Good Call.

Gil Dobie
Lets get an early drive for 6

Mr. C
December 17th, 2011, 01:48 PM
Well, NDSU is doing better already than ODU or Maine could do on defense.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 17th, 2011, 01:49 PM
Ugh. they're doing the Bisson thing.

Gil Dobie
December 17th, 2011, 01:49 PM
Still don't like when they call us North Dakota :(

Gil Dobie
December 17th, 2011, 01:50 PM
Veldman YES!

Ginsbach
Nice catch Veldman!

Mr. C
Nice play-action pass for Jensen.

NoDak 4 Ever
That's what balance gets you...

Cleets
December 17th, 2011, 01:51 PM
Wow... Jensen is a Sophomore and he has that kind of touch

NoDak 4 Ever
December 17th, 2011, 01:52 PM
Wow... Jensen is a Sophomore and he has that kind of touch

Yep. There are so many key players on this team that are only Sophomores, so exciting.

Gil Dobie
December 17th, 2011, 01:52 PM
The room-mate connection gets a 1st down

Mr. C
December 17th, 2011, 01:53 PM
Interesting to see the Bison going to the pass such much early.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 17th, 2011, 01:53 PM
That's right GSU. Keep collapsing those linebackers in fear of the run....

Gil Dobie
December 17th, 2011, 01:54 PM
Argh! Penalty

NoDak 4 Ever
December 17th, 2011, 01:54 PM
Doesn't the d back have to turn around and NOT grab the hand of the receiver?

Mr. C
December 17th, 2011, 01:56 PM
The replay made it look like a good penalty call.

NoDak 4 Ever
Dangit DJ. Remember the JMU game? Run downhill!

Mr. C
Nice blocking on the screen to McNorton, even though the Bison didn't get a first down. File that one away.

Mr. C
December 17th, 2011, 01:57 PM
Bad bounce over the heads of the punt defense. That must be some seriously hard turf there.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 17th, 2011, 01:58 PM
Bad bounce over the heads of the punt defense. That must be some seriously hard turf there.

It's 15 year old astroturf on a concrete floor.

Pards Rule
December 17th, 2011, 01:58 PM
Yeah that should have been at the 5 - Matt is good punter and I met him personally on campus back in Sept.

Gil Dobie
December 17th, 2011, 01:59 PM
Fumblitis by GSU

NoDak 4 Ever
FUMBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr. C
Bad fumble by Shaw

Mr. C
December 17th, 2011, 02:00 PM
Chad Wilson on the recovery at the 16

Mr. C
How can you get a delay of game after a fumble recovery?

robsnotes4u
Where is the team that is suppose to March down and score easily on the bison defense? They are really impressing me

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

NoDak 4 Ever
Bohl hates undisciplined football.

Mr. C
December 17th, 2011, 02:01 PM
Why did I know they would go with the draw play on first and 15?

Mr. C
Bohl hates undisciplined football.

Most good coaches do.

Gil Dobie
TD All the way Holloway :)

NoDak 4 Ever
TOUCHDOWNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN! BISON

Pards Rule
TD HOLLOWAY - NDSU!

Mr. C
December 17th, 2011, 02:02 PM
Why not pass interference on that push off on the TD?

BisonHype!
TOUCHDOWN!!!!!!!!

NoDak 4 Ever
Why not pass interference on that push off on the TD?

Because Scott has to eventually play the ball instead of the man.

Mr. C
TD All the way Holloway :)
Should have been offensive pass interference when Holloway pushed off on Laron Scott again.

Mr. C
December 17th, 2011, 02:03 PM
Because Scott has to eventually play the ball instead of the man.

Scott didn't do ANYTHING wrong. What you are coming up with isn't in the rule book.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 17th, 2011, 02:03 PM
Should have been offensive pass interference when Holloway pushed off on Laron Scott again.

Well it wasn't. Next play.

Gil Dobie
December 17th, 2011, 02:04 PM

I rewound the TIVO and it could or could not, depending on the angle.

Scott has his hand on first, then Holloway.

Bison06

DB has to play the ball if he wants that call.

caribbeanhen

would have been a ticky tack call plus the Dback wasnt playing the ball

BisonHype!
Man... That Triple Option is just killing us!xlolxxrotatehxxlolx

Cleets
December 17th, 2011, 02:05 PM
If you don't put the ball on the ground you don't have to go through this...
No excuses - GSU coughed up the ball and it cost them

Mr. C
North Dakota State 7
Georgia Southern 0

4:45 left First Period

NoDak 4 Ever
This commentator is an idiot.

Mr. C
December 17th, 2011, 02:06 PM
would have been a ticky tack call plus the Dback wasnt playing the ball

Inconsistent, though, since they called it on the previous drive.

caribbeanhen
Shaw getting punished this week, unlike last week when Maine was allergic to him

Mr. C
Man... That Triple Option is just killing us!xlolxxrotatehxxlolx

I wouldn't get too snarky about that yet

Mr. C
December 17th, 2011, 02:07 PM
Shaw getting punished this week, unlike last week when Maine was allergic to him

A lot of us wondered why Maine wasn't more physical with Shaw last week. He gets hit a lot in SoCon games.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
Patriot League refs...lol

Bronco
I just found a place to view this game

The dome looks fabulous

Cleets

EXACTLY...

caribbeanhen
Inconsistent, though, since they called it on the previous drive.

Dback for GaSo was turned the wrong way

bobbythekidd
Oops. Wasted that TO

Gil Dobie
December 17th, 2011, 02:08 PM

After watching the game last night, it's not even close to time yet.

NoDak 4 Ever

Agreed but they are handling things better than I thought they would in the beginning.

Mr. C
DB has to play the ball if he wants that call.

No he doesn't. It was a bad call.

Mr. C
December 17th, 2011, 02:09 PM
Third and four upcoming for GSU

NoDak 4 Ever
Another defensive stop

Mr. C
The Eagles went with the pistol for the first time after not running it at all last week against Maine.

caribbeanhen
December 17th, 2011, 02:10 PM
Shaw gets hit hard again - Maine why not you?

Gil Dobie
Stupid penalty

Mr. C
Another penalty on NDSU

NoDak 4 Ever
that was terrible. I'm talking about the dopey limp and the penalty.

Mr. C
Shaw gets hit hard again - Maine why not you?

They looked so confused, they didn't know what to do.

Pards Rule
December 17th, 2011, 02:11 PM
Not a good time for a penalty - Bison had momentum!!

BisonHype!
December 17th, 2011, 02:11 PM
Some good acting by the punter....

Gil Dobie
December 17th, 2011, 02:12 PM
Penalties are as bad as turnovers :(

caribbeanhen
they are well prepared for the TO...

Mr. C
Shaw had probably his best week ever throwing the ball last week and he looked good on his first pass today. The Eagles are on the move. Four-down territory when they get on the other side of the field.

NoDak 4 Ever
Not a good time for a penalty - Bison had momentum!!

The defense is getting more and more confident though so that might be something.

Cleets
That Bison D is FOR REAL

Mr. C
NDSU is doing well in stopping Swoope on the dive thus far.

Bronco
December 17th, 2011, 02:13 PM
Bison are defending the option very well

Mr. C
December 17th, 2011, 02:13 PM
And here comes a fourth down opportunity

Mr. C
December 17th, 2011, 02:14 PM
Neco Hickey with a first down on the motion pitch.

NoDak 4 Ever
still no breakout so this is good.

Mr. C
Nice block by Robinson.

NoDak 4 Ever
Why do they always sound like they are saying Fargodome with such disdain?

caribbeanhen
December 17th, 2011, 02:15 PM
They looked so confused, they didn't know what to do.

That is true

Cleets
That punt penalty is really a turnover by NDSU... (period)

Mr. C
After one period

North Dakota State 7
Georgia Southern 0

May not stay that way long

Bison06
No he doesn't. It was a bad call.

It was not PI get over it dude. He created separation, WR's get away with 10x worse.

Bronco
This good game with loud crowd should be on cable instead of Wyoming/Temple with no one in the stands

caribbeanhen
December 17th, 2011, 02:17 PM
This good game with loud crowd should be on cable instead of Wyoming/Temple with no one in the stands

why is that game on and not this one

NoDak 4 Ever
God those pictures of Fargo are making me so homesick..

BisonHype!

Temple is already up 21-0... it isn't even a good game

NoDak 4 Ever
December 17th, 2011, 02:18 PM
The Bison don't look one bit scared. I love this.

Mr. C
December 17th, 2011, 02:18 PM
NDSU looks better prepared and is playing at the speed of the option so far. Also is smart to make Shaw keep it.

caribbeanhen
December 17th, 2011, 02:19 PM
Shaw hit by a missle

Mr. C
December 17th, 2011, 02:19 PM
The Bison don't look one bit scared. I love this.

Why would anyone be scared playing in a game like this? These are very good teams.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 17th, 2011, 02:20 PM
You stick those bowls where the sun don't shine. this game is amazing.

NoDak 4 Ever
Why would anyone be scared playing in a game like this? These are very good teams.

but Bama

Pards Rule
No!! PI no!! Cant be

caribbeanhen
December 17th, 2011, 02:21 PM
Showers was not even in the bathroom

Bison06
Uncatchable if they call PI here it is an Fing joke

boonegoon
live feed?

Pards Rule
No!! PI no!! Cant be

Correct call - I should be a ref today! And I'm PL too!!

Mr. C
Good coverage by Williams

NoDak 4 Ever
damn right. and it wasn't interference anyway. 4th and 10?

Bison06
December 17th, 2011, 02:22 PM
Going for it in that situation wreaks of desperation. Why would they do that?

Mr. C
Wilcox couldn't hang on. NDSU holds.

NoDak 4 Ever
wow. that deep and no points. this is amazing.

X-Factor
After one period

North Dakota State 7
Georgia Southern 0

May not stay that way long

Your right. Bison will score again

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

NoDak 4 Ever
Uncatchable if they call PI here it is an Fing joke

I'm wondering if the flag wasn't to either mark the out of bounds or to call illegal touching.

caribbeanhen
December 17th, 2011, 02:23 PM
GaSo better not get to far behind or it will be a long long afternoon

Mr. C
Going for it in that situation wreaks of desperation. Why would they do that?

No desperation at all. If you knew anything about GSU that is what the Eagles do all of the time. They are that confident in their offense. Wofford plays the same way with its wingbone option.

Bison06
I'm wondering if the flag wasn't to either mark the out of bounds or to call illegal touching.

After watching the replay I think it might have just fallen out of the guys pocket, it was hard to tell.

Mr. C
December 17th, 2011, 02:24 PM

You throw your hat for going out of bounds.

BisonHype!
Good hold by the Bison. This may get crazy if GSU is going to be going for every 4th down deep. I think they recognize they are going to have to take those chances to score points to even have a chance against this team.

Bison06
No desperation at all. If you knew anything about GSU that is what the Eagles do all of the time. They are that confident in their offense. Wofford plays the same way with its wingbone option.

4th and 5 I would agree with you. 4th and 10 from the 35 is not confidence in your offense, it is a lack of confidence in your defense. Pin them deep and play ball.

NoDak 4 Ever
that's how you run DJ

caribbeanhen
December 17th, 2011, 02:25 PM
Bison should go deep right now -

Mr. C
After watching the replay I think it might have just fallen out of the guys pocket, it was hard to tell.

No, it was thrown for pass interference and then ruled that the receiver was out of bounds and uncatchable.

NoDak 4 Ever
4th and 5 I would agree with you. 4th and 10 from the 35 is not confidence in your offense, it is a lack of confidence in your defense. Pin them deep and play ball.

Jastram could kick it from there. especially indoors.

NoDak 4 Ever
No, it was thrown for pass interference and then ruled that the receiver was out of bounds and uncatchable.

You have a hard on for PI. Williams never touched him.

Mr. C
December 17th, 2011, 02:26 PM

Not any reflection on the defense AT ALL. Also, they have a kicker who is accurate, but doesn't have a strong leg.

BisonHype!

He didn't even touch him. Text book coverage.

Bison06
Not any reflection on the defense AT ALL. Also, they have a kicker who is accurate, but doesn't have a strong leg.

You sure know alot for not being in the head of the coach.

Mr. C
December 17th, 2011, 02:27 PM
You have a hard on for PI. Williams never touched him.

I was just explaining what the flag was for. Williams pushed him out of bounds and the officials got the call right in the end because of the reasons stated. Get a clue.

caribbeanhen
keep picking on Scott

NoDak 4 Ever
He had his arm hooked. That was bad

Bison06
December 17th, 2011, 02:28 PM

If that is the case, it will be a long day for coach Monken. He obviously doesn't understand the field position game in football.

geoff
December 17th, 2011, 02:28 PM
We can't get a call

Mr. C
December 17th, 2011, 02:29 PM
You sure know alot for not being in the head of the coach.

Maybe it is because I have covered that team in the Southern Conference for almost 20 years. And maybe I know what is in the head of the coach, considering he is a friend of mine. I just spent a good chunk of Monday with Jeff Monken and the Eagles before and at practice.

Mr. C
December 17th, 2011, 02:30 PM
If that is the case, it will be a long day for coach Monken. He obviously doesn't understand the field position game in football.

Monken is one of the best coaches in FCS. You don't understand the Georgia Southern triple option.

Mr. C
December 17th, 2011, 02:31 PM
keep picking on Scott

Just don't let Scott intercept one, or it could be taken to the house. He is great with the ball in the open field.

NoDak 4 Ever
Monken is one of the best coaches in FCS. You don't understand the Georgia Southern triple option.

It's a good thing Scotty Hazelton does.

Bison06

Haha, not punting on 4th and 10 on the 35 is STUPID. Defend your buddy if you want.

Mr. C
NDSU is doing a better job on the option so far than Alabama did.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 17th, 2011, 02:32 PM
Haha, not punting on 4th and 10 on the 35 is STUPID. Defend your buddy if you want.

THIS

Mr. C
December 17th, 2011, 02:32 PM

If you had seen how many of those plays had been turned into TDs over the years, you wouldn't be making dumb comments like this.

Bison06
December 17th, 2011, 02:33 PM
If you had seen how many of those plays had been turned into TDs over the years, you wouldn't be making dumb comments like this.

Worked well for him in this instance.

Mr. C
December 17th, 2011, 02:33 PM
I guess it is just luck that GSU is the only team in FCS to make the semifinals two years in a row. Some of you NDSU fans need to act like you've been here before.

Cleets
December 17th, 2011, 02:34 PM
I bet he punts now