December 17th, 2011, 05:53 PM
I said a few things this week.

Alabama didn't care about the game.
NDSU's defense was strong and fast.
The TO isn't as automatic as you think.

and all I heard was

but 'Bama
Nobody is faster than GSU
The TO is the most devastating offense known to man.

So yes, we deserve to talk a whole lot of smack.

The night before the Bama game, Oklahoma State had just lost to Iowa State and they had a chance to make a point and get back into the championship race. You are kidding yourself if you don't think they were focused for that game. You should give your defense more credit than that.

I think I've read 90% of this thread, and I don't think I read where anyone said we are the fastest team in the FCS...just that we had more speed than Lehigh and JMU.

jim121256
December 17th, 2011, 06:00 PM
I haven't said anything all through all this, since I'm new to the forum. I'm a GSU guy through and through... been watching since the start, when we played at Statesboro High, but the better team won today. Good luck in the championship game. At least if we aren't going to win it, I'd like to know that it took the champs to knock us out of it. Maybe we'll see each other in Statesboro on an 80-degree day in December, 2012!

NoDak 4 Ever
December 17th, 2011, 06:12 PM
I'll call this a capstone course in GSU smack talk. A brief anthology

I've had enough of the topical discussions on tailgating, venues, food, climate, etc....

Georgia Southern is the real deal and plenty more on top of that. The offense has been on a personal war against humanity for the better part of two months and the defense - while suspect in our two playoff games - is better than advertised and is facing an offense that will allow it to play to its biggest strengths.

Georgia Southern is too fast - both in foot speed and in execution - for NDSU to handle. Countless opponents have given us the "just wait til you see our fast defense" argument, and all of them end up gassed and flailing at air in the second half.

The biggest talking point NDSU fans seem to have come up with since Saturday is that the triple option can't be that great since App St. beat GSU and the Citadel played us close. Those are only relevant points until you look at the stats behind the games. I won't make any bones about it - the TO is an offense that will kill you if you don't execute. Against the Citadel, GSU didn't do anything right. Pitches hit the ground and easy passes flew off line. The dirty secret of the TO is that - no matter how great it can look - it's nearly impossible to run perfectly in every game. Of course, bringing up the Citadel game seems to be a moot point as whatever infallible system NDSU employs was not only slowed down, but summarily beaten - at home - by a team that didn't even make the playoffs.

That App St. analysis is what NDSU fans should pay attention to.... Speed is what GSU kills teams with. Not only is App much faster as a team, but it also knows what is coming when they line up against the Eagles. You Bison might have a coach that played in and coached some bastard mutation of the flexbone option 20 years ago, but that won't help you at all come Saturday. The GSU defense will hold its own (if Lehigh turns you over that much, we can at least hold serve) and the offense will continue to roll.

The Bison D is fast, talented, and (I'd assume) well-coached.... That's great. Take a number and get in line behind every other good defense that comes up short against a hot GSU offense.

Done and done

That's all well and good, but hear this and hear it loudly. GSU will not blink either. The NDSU DL guys are going to have their knees cut out from under them play after play after play, as are the LB, CB and S in run support on the edge. You simply cannot teach your scout team to duplicate that in the week leading up to a game. The B-back is at the LB level in less than a second from the snap on the dive, and it only takes a DL guy getting disrupted a little for the back to be past him. The other offenses that NDSU have defended over the season are more adept at giving their backs time to read blocks and look for holes. GSU will run the option like none you've ever seen. Their's is very different from what Cal Poly ran and even what Nebraska ran for decades. The schemes are simply not alike. GSU will run it from under center and from the pistol. Monken plays a game of punch/counterpunch. The offense takes what the defense gives it by having Shaw find the weak spot in the defense. It's one thing to say that you've got every skill guy covered and another to do it while being blocked. The Maine defense said it best. "no matter what we did, they always seemed to have one more guy out there."

I have no doubt that the NDSU defenders are tough and fast, but it might be that they're fast when compared to who they've played so far. Trust me...there's a different speed coming to the Dome on Saturday. The JMU offense moved at a snail's pace when compared to the GSU option.

If NDSU can run with GSU they'll have a great chance to win this game, but most teams find the Eagles to be a step or two faster in an offense that is very difficult to defend.

Well that didn't quite work out for you did it?

I tried to explain further about how good this D is at holding down opponents scoring and got this.....

Go ahead and visit YouTube and check out all of the GSU highlights you can. I'd post them for you, but you Bison fans are so f***in' whiny you'd probably cry foul and say that I was just showing the good stuff.

If you actually do take a look, don't watch for the big plays or the speed. Just pay attention to the plays that don't go for touchdowns. Go ahead and take note of how many defenders are making the play. When it's downfield and ball carriers are weaving through blocks, defenders can catch up and tackle in bunches. However, when defenses play it well and string things out, there's often only 1 guy left to make the stop before serious yardage gets racked up.

The only time you'll have 600 lbs. on top of a ball carrier is if you stuff the fullback dive.

... or if a GSU player takes a liking for your mom.

The mom quote notwithstanding (classy) the gang tackling worked exactly as I said it would

This one was about the Bison offense

There aren't common opponents - not that they can give definitive insight - but I will say this to your point:

GSU has been hurt by both of its playoff opponents. In both cases, the OVERWHELMING method of gaining yards and scoring points has been through the air. GSU has a pair of good cover corners, but little else to defend good, fast receivers. Our LB's are very good at stopping the run, but iffy on pass coverage.

Not to take anything away from NDSU's offensive talent, but it plays into GSU's defensive strengths. In all of the places that an inferior team (ODU) lit us up (very elusive QB, extremely fast WRs, 4-5 WR sets), the Bison's strenghts match up with those of the Eagles. Our LBs are sound tacklers and can plug running lanes while our safties - who are a bit short on pass coverage ability - are alse good against the run.

I'm not claiming that GSU will stifle NDSU's offens by any means, but it would be foolish to state that a defense full of LBs and safeties that are better against the run than the pass is at a disadvantage in comparrison to a defense that is facing an offense that it has never seen before.

35 pts.

I may be singling this guy out but he was pretty outrageous, at least at midweek.

Ummm....

Safety first contacts a blocker 3-4 yards past the LOS. The CB finally turns around and gets hit about 7 yards downfield.

By all means... Please blow up our blockers 3-4 yards downfield and give us 4-5 on each play. I'd love to see how that works out for you.

We blew up your runners after blowing up your blockers.

NDSU Has the #16 rush defense... Soooo... Your Offense ran for 221 against the number 13 rush defense... Annndd we're a team that specializes in the run... Annnndd you have a crappier rush defense than the one you ran for 221 on. Oh I totally see your logic that the NDSU defense is going to shutdown the GSU offense.

Well. 7 pts is 7 pts

Go for it.

If you outrush us and beat us, I'll be the first one to tip my hat.

Almost an hour later and still nothing.

]So when do you think NoDak4Ever will change out his bison flag for a white flag....3rd or 4th quarter[/B]?? xchinscratchxxchinscratchx

I may not take it down until Jan 8.

Vitojr130
December 17th, 2011, 06:15 PM

and all I heard was

but 'Bama

Fricken this^.

And I constantly said that if the Bison defense execute and do their assignments that the TO would be very ineffective. Guess what? It worked.

JMSBison
December 17th, 2011, 06:20 PM
Congratulations to my Bison and congratulations to GSU on a great year. Maybe see you next year.

Longhorn
December 17th, 2011, 06:35 PM
I think I've read 90% of this thread, and I don't think I read where anyone said we are the fastest team in the FCS...just that we had more speed than Lehigh and JMU.

Maybe GSU is faster than Lehigh, but the same can't be said about JMU. GSU's D got exposed today, not that ODU didn't already do that.

Happy for the NDSU fans today, and glad GSU was served a portion of humble pie. Good luck to both SHSU and NDSU in Frisco.

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 17th, 2011, 06:38 PM
Most of that is not "smack". You've got thin skin if you think it is. It's sort of like Bison fans saying our offense is antiquated and easy to stop.

Maybe GSU is faster than Lehigh, but the same can't be said about JMU. GSU's D got exposed today, not that ODU didn't already do that.

Happy for the NDSU fans today, and glad GSU was served a portion of humble pie. Good luck to both SHSU and NDSU in Frisco.

I watched some of JMU against EKU and NDSU. Yeah, I think we do have more speed than JMU.

NDB
December 17th, 2011, 06:40 PM
Your offense is a gimmick and can be controlled by an athletic, well-prepared defense.

DJKyR0
December 17th, 2011, 06:41 PM
Most of that is not "smack".

Well, whatever it was, it certainly wasn't accurate.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 17th, 2011, 06:44 PM
Most of that is not "smack". You've got thin skin if you think it is. It's sort of like Bison fans saying our offense is antiquated and easy to stop.

Well however you choose to describe it, its wrong. All wrong, you weren't as good as you thought you were. Were more rattled than you thought you'd be and lost to a team that was way better than you.

Like I said, I have seen every page of this thread and probably over-contributed but I'm so glad you got all of that shoved right up your overconfident asses today.

We held you to fewer yards than Alabama. Can we now say butt 'Bama?

crossfire07
December 17th, 2011, 06:54 PM
Why they even bring up Bama is beyond me. They put up all those yards against a team that had no desire to be on the same field as GSU. They just went through the motions. Good game NDSU. See you in Frisco.

crossfire07
December 17th, 2011, 06:55 PM
Fricken this^.

And I constantly said that if the Bison defense execute and do their assignments that the TO would be very ineffective. Guess what? It worked.

The TO has been ineffective for 11 years and counting.Does anyone even know a high school that still runs the TO?

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 17th, 2011, 06:58 PM
Well however you choose to describe it, its wrong. All wrong, you weren't as good as you thought you were. Were more rattled than you thought you'd be and lost to a team that was way better than you.

Like I said, I have seen every page of this thread and probably over-contributed but I'm so glad you got all of that shoved right up your overconfident asses today.

We held you to fewer yards than Alabama. Can we now say butt 'Bama?

The only reason anyone really brings up Alabama is because of the predictable chorus of "blah blah assignment football, blah blah blah high school offense, blah blah blah you haven't played a real defense yet, blah blah blah blah this offense won't work against disciplined teams". Everyone who has watched GSU this year knew this game would come down to turnovers, penalties, and special teams. Would have been an entirely different game without the turnovers and the kick out of bounds near the end of the first half, but things like that are the difference between good teams like GSU and great teams like NDSU. Could've kept it a two-score game but we play to win and not to make the scoreboard look good.

The TO has been ineffective for 11 years and counting.Does anyone even know a high school that still runs the TO?

Once again, what has changed in the last 11 years?

DJKyR0
December 17th, 2011, 06:58 PM
http://i.imgur.com/QcAqu.jpg

Cleets
December 17th, 2011, 07:07 PM
The only reason anyone really brings up Alabama is because of the predictable chorus of "blah blah assignment football, blah blah blah high school offense, blah blah blah you haven't played a real defense yet, blah blah blah blah this offense won't work against disciplined teams". Everyone who has watched GSU this year knew this game would come down to turnovers, penalties, and special teams. Would have been an entirely different game without the turnovers and the kick out of bounds near the end of the first half, but things like that are the difference between good teams like GSU and great teams like NDSU. Could've kept it a two-score game but we play to win and not to make the scoreboard look good.

Once again, what has changed in the last 11 years?

I think it was more about NDSU getting 8 yards a carry and crushing GSU in every phase of the game...
But I could be wrong

NoDak 4 Ever
December 17th, 2011, 07:13 PM
I think it was more about NDSU getting 8 yards a carry and crushing GSU in every phase of the game...
But I could be wrong

THIS^^^^^^

Brock Jensen had 2 fewer yards rushing than the vaunted Dominique Swope.

GSU got shut down exactly as I have been saying all week long. It wasn't turnovers, it was the fact that your offense got destroyed and your coach makes dumb decisions. Plain and simple.

jc414985
December 17th, 2011, 07:37 PM
Im good in the open field too, who cares if he is your friend or that you have covered them for 20 years, how does that help you today? Back to the drawing board.

jc414985
December 17th, 2011, 07:43 PM
Weve only been eligbale for a few years you dumb ..... and we just destroyed you.. you need a new job scrub, or maybe you should just hook up wit your pal moken, or monk..you need to realize we destroyed you at your shabby lil field, and we destroyed you here, what else do i need to say.. you suck ,quit living in the past. You are only as good as your last game.. Well you can reflect on your past, but you got destroyed in playoffs last year, and this year I see a trend, Have fun with your moral victories of getting to semifinal game.. yah eagles?

CropDuster
December 17th, 2011, 07:57 PM

Why did we make the semis two years in a row then? By the way, where are your Cowpokes?

stevdock
December 17th, 2011, 07:58 PM
THIS^^^^^^

GSU got shut down exactly as I have been saying all week long. It wasn't turnovers, it was the fact that your offense got destroyed and your coach makes dumb decisions. Plain and simple.

Seriously?? Turnovers were huge. First one gave us a short field. Second one stopped what would have been a tying TD drive. 3rd on basically clinched the game. Those turnovers don't happen it's a completely different game. I think we still win, but it wouldn't have been by 4 TD's.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 17th, 2011, 08:00 PM
Seriously?? Turnovers were huge. First one gave us a short field. Second one stopped what would have been a tying TD drive. 3rd on basically clinched the game. Those turnovers don't happen it's a completely different game. I think we still win, but it wouldn't have been by 4 TD's.

Right, I'm not arguing that. Saying "we lost it on turnovers" lets them out of the fact that Hazelton and the D had the TO completely figured out.

Eaglesrus
December 17th, 2011, 08:01 PM

I'm really trying to give NDSU their due and move on, but gotta question this from a McNeese guy. When were y'all in the semi's last?

Hammerhead
December 17th, 2011, 08:05 PM
NDSU's last semifinal game was in 2000 when we were in D-II. The 2007 team finished 11-1 and would probably have made some noise in the playoffs if we weren't still transitioning to D-I and not eligible for the playoff.
As for this year, the average playoff score has been something like 28-7.

Eaglesrus
December 17th, 2011, 08:24 PM
NDSU's last semifinal game was in 2000 when we were in D-II. The 2007 team finished 11-1 and would probably have made some noise in the playoffs if we weren't still transitioning to D-I and not eligible for the playoff.
As for this year, the average playoff score has been something like 28-7.

If you are addressing my question thanks, but I was asking about McNeese. If you weren't addressing me, sorry I misunderstood. In either case good luck to you and to the Bison.

Wilson16
December 17th, 2011, 08:27 PM
Better athletes........ nuff said

Daved
December 17th, 2011, 08:34 PM
NDSU is looking like the cream of the FCS crop in 2011 right now. How did the B in the playoffs.ison lose to Youngstown State?

YSU is a team in transition that when playing well can beat any FCS team-- although I doubt the so-called experts believe it.Hopefully by next season they will be a lot more consistent at playing well and will join NDSU in the playoffs picture.

GSU Eagle
December 17th, 2011, 08:35 PM
I am not much of a smack talker but I did enjoy reading this mammoth thread this week about the game. FCS football is better for having Ga. Southern and North Dakota St. in it. In the end only 1 team in FCS every year ends totally happy, and that is beauty of the FCS.

It may be a long, long time before any thread approaches all that was part of this thread.

Most GSU fans, at least the ones I know, give credit to opponents when it is due. NDSU was the better team today no doubt. Good luck in Frisco.

Cleets
December 17th, 2011, 08:37 PM
I am not much of a smack talker but I did enjoy reading this mammoth thread this week about the game. FCS football is better for having Ga. Southern and North Dakota St. in it. In the end only 1 team in FCS every year ends totally happy, and that is beauty of the FCS.

It may be a long, long time before any thread approaches all that was part of this thread.

Most GSU fans, at least the ones I know, give credit to opponents when it is due. NDSU was the better team today no doubt. Good luck in Frisco.

This about sums up my feelings as well

Srdnaty
December 17th, 2011, 08:38 PM
Wow... just saw the score. I thought GSU would show up. Was it a better game than the score indicated?

Gil Dobie
December 17th, 2011, 08:39 PM
The best speed I saw all day came from Robinson, but they didn't go to him that much.

CropDuster
December 17th, 2011, 08:43 PM
Wow... just saw the score. I thought GSU would show up. Was it a better game than the score indicated?

Was close until the 4th quarter. After the third turnover for GSU the wheels just fell off.

GSU Eagle
December 17th, 2011, 08:46 PM
The 4th quarter was the worst quarter of GSU football I have seen for a long time. I hope not to see a quarter like that again ever.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 17th, 2011, 08:46 PM
Was close until the 4th quarter. After the third turnover for GSU the wheels just fell off.

Close, yes, but also quite adequately handled by the Bison. I have said all week that the Bison are good at handling their opponents without necessarily blowing them out. At no time in the game did it seem like GSU was going to win. They didn't score until 4 minutes left in the 1st half and were immediately met with another score. The Bison aren't flashy, they are sound.

Wilson16
December 17th, 2011, 08:50 PM
What? Close? It was never close.

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 17th, 2011, 08:59 PM
THIS^^^^^^

330 yards of offense...a so-so day of offense, a so-so day of defense.

Gil Dobie
December 17th, 2011, 09:03 PM
Hope Jensen recovers from the flu tonight enough to enjoy the victory.
I'm sure the victory makes it a little bit easier to be sick. :)

NoDak 4 Ever
December 17th, 2011, 09:05 PM
330 yards of offense...a so-so day of offense, a so-so day of defense.

Oh, if only they scored it by yards. 7 pts.

NDSU's scoring defense went from 13.69ppg to 13.21ppg! thanks!

jc414985
December 17th, 2011, 09:07 PM
stfu with your pussy *** excuses, you suck

bisonguy
December 17th, 2011, 09:14 PM

Was that when the receiver was stripped inside the 5 yard line? That was the turning point in the game IMO. Until that point the game was still close and I believe GSU would have tied it there had they scored.

LakesBison
December 17th, 2011, 09:21 PM
Holy *** KICKING!!! Im off to frisco

CropDuster
December 17th, 2011, 09:22 PM
Was that when the receiver was stripped inside the 5 yard line? That was the turning point in the game IMO. Until that point the game was still close and I believe GSU would have tied it there had they scored.

Not sure if it was that one or when Shaw was hit from behind while trying to throw. Either way, the GSU defense seemed to throw in the towel afterwards.

GSU Eagle
December 17th, 2011, 09:25 PM
Yes that was GSU's opening possession of the 2nd half. Score there and it is 14-14 with about 8 min. to go in 3rd. What made it worse for us is that after that turnover the Eagles give up a 97 yard TD drive by NDSU to make the score 20-7. I still thought we had a chance when we drove the ball down the field but failed on a 4th and goal on NDSU'S 3 yard line. After that failure it just seemed NDSU took complete control and our defense got abused.

Twentysix
December 17th, 2011, 09:28 PM
After that failure it just seemed NDSU took complete control and our defense got abused.

http://www.dollymania.co.uk/images/Rag%20doll%20Betsy.jpg

Show me on the doll where they touched you.

Wilson16
December 17th, 2011, 09:32 PM
Yes that was GSU's opening possession of the 2nd half. Score there and it is 14-14 with about 8 min. to go in 3rd. What made it worse for us is that after that turnover the Eagles give up a 97 yard TD drive by NDSU to make the score 20-7. I still thought we had a chance when we drove the ball down the field but failed on a 4th and goal on NDSU'S 3 yard line. After that failure it just seemed NDSU took complete control and our defense got abused.

451 yards. Yes you got abused.

CropDuster
December 17th, 2011, 09:35 PM
451 yards. Yes you got abused.

Yeah, he said that already.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 17th, 2011, 09:36 PM
http://www.dollymania.co.uk/images/Rag%20doll%20Betsy.jpg

Show me on the doll where they touched you.

OMG I burst out laughing at that one.

For some entertainment, I'm reading through the GSUfans game thread and watching them get more and more despondent as the game goes on.

Serves em right, they were all talking about how they were going to just coast.

Wilson16
December 17th, 2011, 09:37 PM
Yeah, he said that already.

Worth a repeat. Thats how good it was!!!!!

Grizzlies82
December 17th, 2011, 09:39 PM
Close, yes, but also quite adequately handled by the Bison. I have said all week that the Bison are good at handling their opponents without necessarily blowing them out. At no time in the game did it seem like GSU was going to win. They didn't score until 4 minutes left in the 1st half and were immediately met with another score. The Bison aren't flashy, they are sound.

4 Ever, here let me help you extend your thread by another twenty posts or so. :)

The Bison were just lucky to be playing on the easy side of the bracket.

bobbythekidd
December 17th, 2011, 09:44 PM
Every game is 60 minutes long.
Both teams, in each contest, play by the same rules.
Nothing abouts today's outcome was classless or the judgement of the referees.
Today, NDSU beat the breaks off of GSU and could do it again come sun up.
Congrats to the 8 time NCAA National Champs. This may be your 9th. Good luck to you.

Twentysix
December 17th, 2011, 09:45 PM
4 Ever, here let me help you extend your thread by another twenty posts or so. :)

The Bison were just lucky to be playing on the easy side of the bracket.

xlolxxthumbsupx The griz are lucky they don't have to face the machine that is North Dakota State University Football.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 17th, 2011, 09:50 PM
Congrats to the 8 time NCAA National Champs. This may be your 9th. Good luck to you.

Well said. Some of you GSU fans have been remarkably classy and we genuinely appreciate it.

Grizzlies82
December 17th, 2011, 09:52 PM
xlolxxthumbsupx The griz are lucky they don't have to face the machine that is North Dakota State University Football.

I can confidently say (without a chance in h*ll of being disproven) this year's Griz would have chewed up your Bison. You just got lucky being on the easy side of the bracket. :)

GSU Eagle
December 17th, 2011, 09:54 PM
NDSU was the better team and from about the latter part of the 3rd quarter did totally dominate.

Wilson16
December 17th, 2011, 10:18 PM
NDSU was the better team and from about the latter part of the 3rd quarter did totally dominate.

#20 = 15 tackles

westdakotabison
December 17th, 2011, 10:21 PM
I can confidently say (without a chance in h*ll of being disproven) this year's Griz would have chewed up your Bison. You just got lucky being on the easy side of the bracket. :)

Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good. ;)

henfan
December 17th, 2011, 10:39 PM
Way to go, Bison. That was a serious arse kicking by a superior team. NDSU had too much speed, better athletes and better coaching.

Good luck in Frisco.

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 17th, 2011, 10:42 PM
Oh, if only they scored it by yards. 7 pts.

NDSU's scoring defense went from 13.69ppg to 13.21ppg! thanks!

You obviously missed the point.

jc414985
December 17th, 2011, 10:51 PM
stfu you suck

bisonranch
December 17th, 2011, 11:34 PM
Eagle fans....You brought some cool people to Fargo. Great friendly southern folks, good football fans. I walked out of the dome with a lot of GSU people and I think they all got invited to post game tailgate parties with Bison fans. Game could have been different had a few things gone the Eagles way in the first half.

Great season, see you next year.

da_Bison
December 17th, 2011, 11:40 PM

bobbythekidd, you guys are class, a great program and a Class Organization, 99.9% of Bison Nation would say it was an honor hosting the Legendary Georgia Southern Eagles!!

LakesBison
December 17th, 2011, 11:51 PM
I partied.with gsu fans last.night, had a blast. No one was hating on.each other today, great atmosphere on to.puerto rico, then.frisco for me !!! Cya !!

TwoFeathers
December 18th, 2011, 12:13 AM
But I could be wrong

The NDSU defense shut down the triple option, plain and simple. Forget about turnovers and special teams. Even the Bison offense. An impressive defensive gameplan and effort today.

TwoFeathers
December 18th, 2011, 12:18 AM
The thing I found quite amusing is how the GSU fans clammed up like crazy during the game. So does this mean the JMU has a better offense than GSU since they scored 14?

Just had to rub it in a little. Some of them were just nasty.

No way. It is obvious that the defense prepared for the Ga Southern triple option, and executed perfectly. JMU is horrible on offense.

TwoFeathers
December 18th, 2011, 12:20 AM
I have never seen so many tackles made "through" blocks before. The GSU blocking was horrible alot of the game.

Exactly, I thought the same thing. Defenders shedding blocks and making the tackles.

TwoFeathers
December 18th, 2011, 12:22 AM

and all I heard was

but 'Bama

...you still have to beat a very good team next week, ND4E ;). PS, I think much credit goes to the NDSU defense, and a little fault to the GSU offense.

TwoFeathers
December 18th, 2011, 12:27 AM
I'll call this a capstone course in GSU smack talk. A brief anthology

Done and done

Well that didn't quite work out for you did it?

I tried to explain further about how good this D is at holding down opponents scoring and got this.....

The mom quote notwithstanding (classy) the gang tackling worked exactly as I said it would

This one was about the Bison offense

35 pts.

I may be singling this guy out but he was pretty outrageous, at least at midweek.

We blew up your runners after blowing up your blockers.

Well. 7 pts is 7 pts

Almost an hour later and still nothing.

I may not take it down until Jan 8.

Take it easy and don't blow your wad, ND4E. You got a big game next week. And all this smack and celebratory discourse won't mean anything with a loss next week. I don't think Sam Houston State can match the NDSU defense, but they have a potent offense, and anything can happen. I'm rooting for ya.

Hammerhead
December 18th, 2011, 12:32 AM
Yes, we will face a very good team in the championship game. That doesn't mean that Bison fan's should celebrate this win.

Twentysix
December 18th, 2011, 12:44 AM
Take it easy and don't blow your wad, ND4E. You got a big game next week. And all this smack and celebratory discourse won't mean anything with a loss next week. I don't think Sam Houston State can match the NDSU defense, but they have a potent offense, and anything can happen. I'm rooting for ya.

Please don't, we function much better opposing you.

penguinpower
December 18th, 2011, 07:18 AM
NDSU is looking like the cream of the FCS crop in 2011 right now. How did the Bison lose to Youngstown State?

Youngstown qState has is loaded with talent but the team is full of freshman. Very inconsistent they will be a team to reckon with next year.

caribbeanhen
December 18th, 2011, 07:27 AM
Big hits like that lead to turnovers - be careful Eagles your season is on the brink

OMG! HUGE Turnover!

FUMBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the towel was thrown right here

BisonBabe
December 18th, 2011, 07:43 AM
I am not sure if this was mentioned anywhere yet but I wanted to comment on the GSU team standing in front of their fans at the end of the game. I think that was wonderful for them to go pay their respects to the fans that followed them to this game and I joined in with the applause for a wonderful team. Your boys showed true class today and I was very impressed with them and your fans.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 18th, 2011, 07:51 AM
I worked a little hard to rub it in yesterday mostly in response to those who honestly thought their team walked on water. Today I am more introspective and therefore will to crystallize my thoughts in this manner.

The Bison shut up the haters, they can still stick it for all I care

Those that weren't haters took it like champs, I applaud you.

Keep in mind that throughout this thread I never said anything mean or disparaging about GSU, I simply defended NDSU and was proven right. Now on to Frisco.

GSUwinsagain
December 18th, 2011, 07:53 AM
I am not sure if this was mentioned anywhere yet but I wanted to comment on the GSU team standing in front of their fans at the end of the game. I think that was wonderful for them to go pay their respects to the fans that followed them to this game and I joined in with the applause for a wonderful team. Your boys showed true class today and I was very impressed with them and your fans.

Thank you very much and from I have heard, Bison fans were great and classy hosts.
All smack BS aside, 2 great programs played yesterday and NDSU won fair and square. These games are played by 18-22 kids and of those only a few have a chance to go to the NFL. The players really do deserve our respect. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year fellow FCS fans !

Eaglesrus
December 18th, 2011, 08:31 AM
I am not sure if this was mentioned anywhere yet but I wanted to comment on the GSU team standing in front of their fans at the end of the game. I think that was wonderful for them to go pay their respects to the fans that followed them to this game and I joined in with the applause for a wonderful team. Your boys showed true class today and I was very impressed with them onkand your fans.

Coach Monken brought that tradition to us from Navy. They go to the student section at home and do the same as the alma mater is played. Its one of our newest traditions but I think one of our best. I just wish I was in the sections where it happens.

Phrebert
December 18th, 2011, 08:42 AM
It will be a good game with the Southern Canada Bison vs the Bearkats from that strip of land south of the panhandle that Oklahoma didn't want.

BisonBabe
December 18th, 2011, 08:49 AM
Coach Monken brought that tradition to us from Navy. They go to the student section at home and do the same as the alma mater is played. Its one of our newest traditions but I think one of our best. I just wish I was in the sections where it happens.

I was one section over from this and I can tell you it was an amazing and touching scene.

One of our newer traditions is the Prayer circle at the end of the game. It started with just a few players but it has grown I know at times some of the visiting team have joined the boys in the circle and that makes it even better.

You have much to be proud of in your team.

stevdock
December 18th, 2011, 08:58 AM

Excellent tradition that I hope continues for you guys. I thought it was awesome too. I've also really appreciated the teams that stand together and sing the school song. You guys have alot of good things going on down there along with a team that is very good. And from what I saw yesterday you will be back next year with a stronger squad and be ready to make another very deep playoff run.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 18th, 2011, 03:42 PM

Well, technically 3 weeks but I understand. I'm just saying there was a lot of crap talking this week and those guys haven't shown up since. Got my tickets and hotel booked, I cannot WAIT for this game.

gasoutherneagle
December 18th, 2011, 06:00 PM
It took Erk three years.
It took Paul Johnson three years.
Jeff Monken is in good company.

We'll see y'all again, I'm sure, in the playoffs! And, again, good luck against SHSU! We were truly beaten by the better team.

Eaglesrus
December 18th, 2011, 09:49 PM

Excellent tradition that I hope continues for you guys. I thought it was awesome too. I've also really appreciated the teams that stand together and sing the school song. You guys have alot of good things going on down there along with a team that is very good. And from what I saw yesterday you will be back next year with a stronger squad and be ready to make another very deep playoff run.

It was really something special last year when our whole team went and stood behind the Navy squad as they saluted their fans and then the whole Navy team came over to our side and reciprocated.

UD77
December 19th, 2011, 06:54 AM
I was surprised at how well NDSU's defense did against GSU. Made them look like an average team, and GSU is certainly not an average team.

Gil Dobie
December 19th, 2011, 07:05 AM
GSU will STEAMROLL NDSU.......you heard it here first!

We miss you jeff ;)

NoDak 4 Ever
December 19th, 2011, 07:09 AM
We miss you jeff ;)

Don't worry, next it will be SHSU will STEAMROLL NDSU.......you heard it here first!

I'm pretty sure he has a template.

ysubigred
December 19th, 2011, 07:46 AM
xsmileyclapx
YSU is a team in transition that when playing well can beat any FCS team-- although I doubt the so-called experts believe it.Hopefully by next season they will be a lot more consistent at playing well and will join NDSU in the playoffs picture.

YSU has a coaching problem. There's nothing wrong with the talent the coach recruited, he just has a hard time keeping it together. This will be his 3rd year and maybe he'll develop along with his young team.

xsalutex Congrats to a stellar NDSU team!! Your welcome for the wakeup call xbowx

IDDUKES
December 19th, 2011, 08:45 AM
It was really something special last year when our whole team went and stood behind the Navy squad as they saluted their fans and then the whole Navy team came over to our side and reciprocated.

When I saw your team do that after our game I told my wife I wish NDSU would do something like that.

AmsterBison
December 19th, 2011, 09:18 AM
Every Georgia Southern fan I ran into was outstanding... the type of folks you would love to sit down and have a beer with and just talk about football.

Eaglesrus
December 19th, 2011, 10:00 AM
Every Georgia Southern fan I ran into was outstanding... the type of folks you would love to sit down and have a beer with and just talk about football.

Likewise, without question. There was certainly a little good natured banter before the game, but I feel like I made some good friends, and I hope that they will contact me if they're ever in our area, football-related or not. Can't believe I didn't get the name and address of the young man who picked up our tab Saturday night, I guess I was in shock :)

deez_na
December 19th, 2011, 10:41 AM
Hi, I'm new here but i been reading alot of this thread and good job Bison, Im pumped to see them in the Title game. I will admit before the game, GA Southern had me worried with that high powered offense.

X-Factor
December 19th, 2011, 11:26 AM
Don't worry, next it will be SHSU will STEAMROLL NDSU.......you heard it here first!

I'm pretty sure he has a template.

Contestant 1 - "What is a hater" for 500, Alex.
Contestant 2 - "What is mainejeff", Alex.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Vitojr130
December 19th, 2011, 12:39 PM
I was one section over from this and I can tell you it was an amazing and touching scene.

One of our newer traditions is the Prayer circle at the end of the game. It started with just a few players but it has grown I know at times some of the visiting team have joined the boys in the circle and that makes it even better.

You have much to be proud of in your team.

I like this tradition because I have a good feeling I know where it comes from. One of my buddies that I played with in high school is on this team and we did this same thing in our high school days and he is definitely the kind of guy to bring something like this to NDSU. Gotta love our Bison! This is one classy team and they deserve all the good that is coming their way.

Professor Chaos
December 19th, 2011, 12:42 PM
Here's a couple good hightlight montages of the game: one with video (http://www.gobison.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?id=823800) and one without (http://kfgo.com/uploads/bison%20defeat%20georgia%20southern%20the%20fray%2 0heartbeat.mp3).

LakesBison
January 25th, 2012, 12:23 PM
Remember when this thread kicked ***?

chattownmocs
January 25th, 2012, 01:34 PM
285 pages for this matchup?? You have got to be kidding me. The option vs the 32 year old college students. What a shocker!!

pike51
January 25th, 2012, 01:36 PM
285 pages for this matchup?? You have got to be kidding me. The option vs the 32 year old college students. What a shocker!!

Where was UTC during the semifinals? Hell, where was UTC during the playoffs?

NoDak 4 Ever
January 25th, 2012, 01:40 PM
Where was UTC during the semifinals? Hell, where was UTC during the playoffs?

I don't think he knows this is a football board. I haven't seen UTC anywhere, didn't they drop football?

Twentysix
January 25th, 2012, 02:07 PM
I don't think he knows this is a football board. I haven't seen UTC anywhere, didn't they drop football?

I don't think they ever had it. They play at a soccer stadium. Euro futbol.

DJKyR0
January 25th, 2012, 02:23 PM
I don't think they ever had it. They play at a soccer stadium. Euro futbol.

What? I heard they won every game they played this year.

I-16Bandit
January 25th, 2012, 07:17 PM

We know, you aren't use to big numbers. You like small numbers, as in how much the Mocs like to loose by. Let's see, does 27-28 sound familiar? Three times? And don't forget 12-14.

Must suck.

LakesBison
January 25th, 2012, 08:32 PM
Sick burn bandit !!

pike51
January 26th, 2012, 08:11 AM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to I-16Bandit again.

Little help please?

LakesBison
April 5th, 2012, 02:16 PM
I just re watched this game last night:

couple things.

John Pike's strip of the GSU te by the goal line was a GAME CHANGER!

and Brandon Jemison's stop on 4th down in 4th quarter on the goal line was crazy!

2 non stars making amazing plays that won that game.

NoDak 4 Ever
April 5th, 2012, 02:19 PM
I just re watched this game last night:

couple things.

John Pike's strip of the GSU te by the goal line was a GAME CHANGER!

and Brandon Jemison's stop on 4th down in 4th quarter on the goal line was crazy!

2 non stars making amazing plays that won that game.

How long did it take to clean up your keyboard?

LakesBison
April 5th, 2012, 04:12 PM
i didnt spill my beer on it, sorry chump

Bison56
January 10th, 2018, 09:47 AM
Anyone who thinks you can't win with the option doesn't know football. When you have six national titles at this level, maybe you can talk.

Can we talk now?:D

Had to dig this old post up xlolx

Gil Dobie
January 10th, 2018, 09:49 AM

Great bump. Is Mr C still around?

Go Lehigh TU Owl
January 10th, 2018, 09:53 AM

The scary part is NDSU is now certain to end up with more national titles!!

IBleedYellow
January 10th, 2018, 09:54 AM
The scary part is NDSU is now certain to end up with more national titles!!Nothing is certain.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Go Lehigh TU Owl
January 10th, 2018, 10:00 AM
Nothing is certain.

I'm certain Mount Union and NDSU will win another title xnodx.

JSUSoutherner
January 10th, 2018, 10:14 AM

You've been waiting 6 years to bump one post.

I'm not sure whether that's impressive or sad.

dewey
January 10th, 2018, 10:17 AM
Great bump. Is Mr C still around?Sure is. See the attached image. He was here just a few short days ago.

Dewey https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180110/3168d38e01cdc55c9f6a333e30dd1b24.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Bison56
January 10th, 2018, 10:45 AM
You've been waiting 6 years to bump one post.

I'm not sure whether that's impressive or sad.

Hey, when you have six national titles at this level, maybe you can talk.xlolx

Its the offseason, what else we have to do?xpeacex

JSUSoutherner
January 10th, 2018, 10:49 AM
Hey, when you have six national titles at this level, maybe you can talk.xlolx

Its the offseason, what else we have to do?xpeacex
At this point I'd settle for 6 playoff wins at this level.

TheKingpin28
January 10th, 2018, 10:56 AM

Making a late push for an end of the year vote? xlolx

Bison56
January 10th, 2018, 11:09 AM

My problem is that I only remember useless things like that post.

Derby City Duke
January 10th, 2018, 11:20 AM
Nothing is certain.

Nothing except the part about Mt. Union and NDSU winning a lot more titles...

Derby City Duke
January 10th, 2018, 11:22 AM

I'd like to have 6 years where we end up ranked higher than when the season started.

caribbeanhen
January 10th, 2018, 12:30 PM
#20 again

I remember him

Bison56
January 10th, 2018, 01:51 PM
I remember him

He had a great game that day.

dewey
January 10th, 2018, 01:56 PM
#20 Colten Heagle!

Recorded a career-high 15 tackles including career best nine solos vs. Georgia Southern (12-17-11).

Dewey https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180110/05729d6758af869ec3342996431e4586.jpg

caribbeanhen
January 10th, 2018, 02:01 PM
I also remember Bison fans talking about how busted up he got by playing so many extra games and playing hard

IBleedYellow
January 10th, 2018, 03:53 PM
The Golden (H)Eagle!

Drblankstare
January 10th, 2018, 09:36 PM
This thread was mostly pure garbage but it’s still one of my favorites.

Bisonoline
January 10th, 2018, 10:47 PM
#20 Colten Heagle!

Recorded a career-high 15 tackles including career best nine solos vs. Georgia Southern (12-17-11).

Dewey https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180110/05729d6758af869ec3342996431e4586.jpg

Probably the best defensively schemed game Ive ever seen.

Bisonator
January 11th, 2018, 08:13 AM
I also remember Bison fans talking about how busted up he got by playing so many extra games and playing hard
Yep he's a banker now.

NDSUtmmkr
May 7th, 2018, 11:47 AM
Anyone who thinks you can't win with the option doesn't know football. When you have six national titles at this level, maybe you can talk.
Ah the off season and searching for things to read.

BisonFan02
May 7th, 2018, 06:06 PM
Ah the off season and searching for things to read.

11 posts since Sept of 2011....way to go out on a limb there skippy.

Bisonoline
May 7th, 2018, 06:19 PM

We do have 6 national titles. 5 of them in a row and 6 out of 7 years. Can we talk now?????xnodx

Can you win running the triple option ? Sure . But its got to be against a team that isnt defensively disciplined and cant play assignment football. Its really not that hard to defend.

Bison Fan in NW MN
May 7th, 2018, 08:56 PM
We do have 6 national titles. 5 of them in a row and 6 out of 7 years. Can we talk now?????xnodx

Can you win running the triple option ? Sure . But its got to be against a team that isnt defensively disciplined and cant play assignment football. Its really not that hard to defend.

This here 100%

I'm really looking forward to the 1st game against Cal Poly because this '18 defense is going to be insanely good. Speed, strength, length and loaded with talent.

If Coach K keeps the foot on the pedal defensively, CP will not score a TD....probably a couple of FGs.

Bisonoline
May 7th, 2018, 09:09 PM
This here 100%

I'm really looking forward to the 1st game against Cal Poly because this '18 defense is going to be insanely good. Speed, strength, length and loaded with talent.

If Coach K keeps the foot on the pedal defensively, CP will not score a TD....probably a couple of FGs.

Iowa played Georgia Tech in the Orange Bowl. GT ran the triple option and IOWA seal clubbed them. Majority of GT fans left at half time.

uni88
May 7th, 2018, 10:53 PM

Can you win running the triple option ? Sure . But its got to be against a team that isnt defensively disciplined and cant play assignment football. Its really not that hard to defend.Depends on who is running it. Tracy Ham running the veer against your team is a scary thought. Ham was the best college QB I've ever seen UNI play against.

Bisonoline
May 7th, 2018, 10:56 PM
Depends on who is running it. Tracy Ham running the veer against your team is a scary thought. Ham was the best college QB I've ever seen UNI play against.

The veer was NDSUs bread and butter for many years.

F'N Hawks
May 8th, 2018, 09:09 AM

The Jackboys strenuously object to that statement. :D

Thumper 76
May 8th, 2018, 01:57 PM
The Jackboys strenuously object to that statement. :D

Wow, going back two years for that one eh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

F'N Hawks
May 8th, 2018, 02:09 PM
Wow, going back two years for that one eh?

Have they played a triple option team since? I mean, that defensive game plan was pretty hard to forget.

Thumper 76
May 8th, 2018, 02:17 PM
Have they played a triple option team since? I mean, that defensive game plan was pretty hard to forget.

No. I don’t see one in the near future either I don’t think, unless Poly is on the schedule again.

And yet somehow, despite that performance, they managed to win a playoff game that year xcoffeex

F'N Hawks
May 8th, 2018, 02:27 PM
No. I don’t see one in the near future either I don’t think, unless Poly is on the schedule again.

And yet somehow, despite that performance, they managed to win a playoff game that year xcoffeex

Cool, not the topic, but still cool.

Bison56
May 10th, 2018, 08:55 AM

F'N Hawks be like what the hell is that.xlolx