PDA

View Full Version : Montana State at Sam Houston State - Game Thread

Pages : 1 [2]

Squealofthepig
December 10th, 2011, 12:41 PM
So IF SHSU wins, does Montana go to Sammie?

Yep!

veinup
December 10th, 2011, 12:42 PM
espn bros talking like the game is already over, c'mon.

BEAR
If Sammie plays like that or better, it's gonna be a long game for Montana. Even with seeing what I saw against a second year DI team, the way Sam is playing might be just that much better.

MTfan4life
Piss poor execution by Montana State in the 1st half! They move the ball well and then fall apart in the red zone. Still a full half of football left to go. Composure is key.

veinup
December 10th, 2011, 12:43 PM
So IF SHSU wins, does Montana go to Sammie?

going to sammy to lay down a wammy.

catbob
Coaching is the biggest difference so far. We are being outcoached at every facet, and the breaks are going SHSU's way. But this playcalling on offense has just left me scratching my head. Sadly, this isn't the first time this year Wright has given us a lot of WTFs.

BEAR
Yeah. There's still a half left. Things can flip quickly.

Cat79
December 10th, 2011, 12:44 PM
This has been a fun game to watch, first time I have seen SHSU play this year. Both teams look pretty strong defensively but after what I saw from Montana last night, I'm not sure either of them can take down the Griz.

If you get them out of their home field the Griz are vulnerable to lose. I did watch their game last night. Sam Houston has more speed

MTfan4life
December 10th, 2011, 12:44 PM
If Sammie plays like that or better, it's gonna be a long game for Montana. Even with seeing what I saw against a second year DI team, the way Sam is playing might be just that much better.

Really? You think this is that much more impressive than last night? Are you serious? I'm guessing you didn't watch last nights game.

Humble Steward
December 10th, 2011, 12:46 PM
Good first half by Sam Houston. They came to play today. That blocked FG was a good momentum going into the half.

veinup
December 10th, 2011, 12:46 PM
UM is obviously more comfortable at home, but i'd almost rather go to texas than let the Cats have another shot at us...

GGASU
December 10th, 2011, 12:47 PM
just took 2h money line on msu at 2 to 1.....come on bobcats

Dallas Demon
December 10th, 2011, 12:47 PM
Really? You think this is that much more impressive than last night? Are you serious? I'm guessing you didn't watch last nights game.

Montana is easily the best team playing at home. There is no atmosphere better in the FCS. Traditionally, however, over the years after great home playoff wins Montana struggles when they go on the road. I don't understand why, maybe the home field is just a tremendous advantage for the Griz.

HailSzczur
December 10th, 2011, 12:50 PM
Great game, gonna have a tough decision to make at 2:30 when Army Navy comes on. Lets go MSU, make the decision harder for me

Squealofthepig
December 10th, 2011, 12:51 PM
Montana is easily the best team playing at home. There is no atmosphere better in the FCS. Traditionally, however, over the years after great home playoff wins Montana struggles when they go on the road. I don't understand why, maybe the home field is just a tremendous advantage for the Griz.

All teams struggle on the road, though. The entire Southland on the road is 0-for-Montana, for example.

Cleets
December 10th, 2011, 12:53 PM

I think Montana has just played better teams in those situations...
They lose road games because they get beat by better teams - that last road win against James Madison in JMU was the last time the Griz played on the road against a team they were better than (in my opinion)

mtbigdog
December 10th, 2011, 12:54 PM
I'm trying my hardest to root for the cats, but it's getting tough.Looks like another
"choke in the playoff round" again! :D Go Cats!xpeacex

Cleets
December 10th, 2011, 12:55 PM
I'm trying my hardest to root for the cats, but it's getting tough.Looks like another
"choke in the playoff round" again! :D Go Cats!xpeacex

I don't think this is a CHOKE
I think Sam Houston is better than Montana State

veinup
December 10th, 2011, 12:56 PM
is there a date/time set for the semifinal game between UM and MSU/SHSU yet?

Squealofthepig
December 10th, 2011, 12:57 PM

Well, play-calling is a bit suspect, but I think many AGSers will have to re-evaluate what they think of SHSU now (assuming this holds up as ESPN assures us it will).

Cat79
December 10th, 2011, 12:58 PM
The Griz are wanting a home game, that's all. They don't want to travel down to Huntsville. Historically in the playoffs, they are more vulnerable on the road than they are at Wash-Griz.

Doc

It is looking like the Griz fans will have to make the trek to Huntsville this year unless Montana State can pull out a miracle. Sam Houston could have a good shot at the Griz this year. I had watched them play UNI last night. Their defensive secondary does not have the speed to match Sam Houston's offensive skilled players The funny thing when you look at Sam Houston is they really loaded with coaching talent. Stoker is their DC. ( your former defensive coordinator and Northwestern State Head Coach}. DeBesse is their OC (our former Head Coach and former Texas A & M O Coordinator).

Cleets
December 10th, 2011, 12:58 PM
Well, play-calling is a bit suspect, but I think many AGSers will have to re-evaluate what they think of SHSU now (assuming this holds up as ESPN assures us it will).

The coaches are part of the team...
No matter how you slice it

veinup
December 10th, 2011, 01:00 PM
get the ball to mr. AKPLAAAAAA more plz.

catbob
December 10th, 2011, 01:01 PM
Strange formations and personnel so far...

catbob
December 10th, 2011, 01:02 PM
Kirk is running tentative and slow.

catbob
December 10th, 2011, 01:02 PM
If we don't score here, I don't think we can overcome this deficit.

No_Skill
December 10th, 2011, 01:03 PM
Score update?

Squealofthepig
December 10th, 2011, 01:04 PM
Let's run on first down! Maybe they won't have figured out we've done that every. single. first-down. (it seems)

MTfan4life

Correction poindexter. In true road games/de facto road games after a win in the playoffs in the last 20 years, Montana is 2-3. (1995 and 1996 NC in Marshall were basically road games) That's not really a tradition of losing on the road.

veinup
NICE cody.

Squealofthepig
Score: 21-6, 1st and ten Cats at the Bearkat 30 or so. 12:30 to go in the third.

veinup
December 10th, 2011, 01:06 PM
this SHSU D is f'n tuff stuff.

Cleets
December 10th, 2011, 01:07 PM
Sincerely: The MSU offensive coordinator is mildly retarded

Squealofthepig
December 10th, 2011, 01:07 PM
this SHSU D is f'n tuff stuff.

True. They're bend-don't-break, but they're not bending too much either.

catbob
December 10th, 2011, 01:08 PM
Starting to understand why Youngstown fired Wright. :P

BEAR
December 10th, 2011, 01:08 PM
If SHSU can stop the QB run of Montana, then everything else will fall in place next week. Sammie's defense is for real..and one of the reasons they are ranked #1. Montana will have their hands full for sure.

Squealofthepig
December 10th, 2011, 01:09 PM
Bracket!

catbob
December 10th, 2011, 01:11 PM
TD Cats!

NoDak 4 Ever
December 10th, 2011, 01:13 PM
Don't look now, we have a game!

Squealofthepig
December 10th, 2011, 01:14 PM
21-13, for anyone wondering.

GSU also struck quickly at home vs. Maine, up 7-0.

catbob
December 10th, 2011, 01:16 PM
hahah. Why not.

Squealofthepig
Damn. And just like that... TD Kats on the return. 27-13 with PAT to come, 10:41 in the third.

WileECoyote06
And again. . way to answer bearkats.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 10th, 2011, 01:17 PM
"touch em all'? How dare he steal John Gordon's home run call!

catbob
December 10th, 2011, 01:19 PM
I wish this game wasn't so early, I wana be drinking my sorrows away right now. :P

Squealofthepig
December 10th, 2011, 01:20 PM
/facepalm

North and south, not randomly both east and west!

catbob
December 10th, 2011, 01:20 PM
Time to face the facts. Cats were not that good this year, the Big Sky was terrible. Cats only had one good win, against UNH last week.

Squealofthepig
December 10th, 2011, 01:21 PM
Time to face the facts. Cats were not that good this year, the Big Sky was terrible. Cats only had one good win, against UNH last week.

There's still time, but... yikes.

veinup
December 10th, 2011, 01:22 PM

i understand where you're coming from right now, but that's BS in my opinion. cats were the number one team in the nation not long ago.

GrizBowl
December 10th, 2011, 01:22 PM

Respectfully disagree; the Cats are great this season, quit giving up on your boys

catbob
December 10th, 2011, 01:23 PM
Game over. Time to figure out why we got rocked in the playoffs AGAIN. See you guys, I'm out.

Squealofthepig
Interception, and a personal foul. SHSU almost in position to just play keepaway the rest of the game.

McNeese75
The Kat D is starting to roll. This could get ugly

GrizBowl
December 10th, 2011, 01:26 PM
SH St is on fire right now...

Squealofthepig
December 10th, 2011, 01:26 PM
The Kat D is starting to roll. This could get ugly

Ayup. Poor choice by McGhee, poor play on the pf, then solid running up the middle.

35-13 Kats, only halfway through the third. (Two touchdowns this quarter on two offensive plays (though one td was a return)).

RabidRabbit
December 10th, 2011, 01:27 PM
Starting to look like the MT/UNI game, with Southland Kats taking the Griz role.

Cleets
December 10th, 2011, 01:28 PM
Starting to look like the MT/UNI game, with Southland Kats taking the Griz role.

Aren't these quarter final games supposed to be close..?
Montana in a Rout
Sam Houston in a Rout
Georgia Southern is "Routing" as we speak

Squealofthepig
December 10th, 2011, 01:29 PM
Aren't these quarter final games supposed to be close..?
Montana in a Rout
Sam Houston in a Rout
Georgia Southern is "Routing" as we speak

Homefield advantage. (Though SHSU's biggest crowd ever was 16k... really?)

veinup
December 10th, 2011, 01:30 PM
montana teams don't give up.

GrizBowl
December 10th, 2011, 01:30 PM
Outstanding coverage by ESPN by the way

catbob
December 10th, 2011, 01:31 PM
lol at the announcer pointing out how stacked one side of the line is, and we run it right at it.

veinup
December 10th, 2011, 01:32 PM
alright **** it, somebody start the UM/SHSU thread.

Squealofthepig
December 10th, 2011, 01:33 PM
Maine gets a kickoff return so it's 14-7 now. It's been all GSU until that.

41-13 SHSU, PAT to come, 5:10 to go in the third.

catbob
December 10th, 2011, 01:33 PM
You're welcome UNI! You are no longer the embarrassment of this round. :D

DRINK!

RabidRabbit
December 10th, 2011, 01:34 PM
Homefield advantage. (Though SHSU's biggest crowd ever was 16k... really?)

A 16K crowd at SDSU would be 5K beyond capacity. 16K+ is the SDSU record. Only 20 programs in FCS average over 10K for attendance.

MTfan4life
December 10th, 2011, 01:34 PM
You're welcome UNI! You are no longer the embarrassment of this round. :D

DRINK!

Well to outside eyes, this is MSU losing to the #1 seed, so UNI being seeded is still the embarrassment. :P

McNeese72
December 10th, 2011, 01:35 PM
Stoney Brook is looking pretty good right now.

Damn weak Southland Conference!! ;)

Scott is working his magic on defense. Always liked him even when he was an assistant at McNeese.

Doc

catbob
December 10th, 2011, 01:36 PM
Well to outside eyes, this is MSU losing to the #1 seed, so UNI being seeded is still the embarrassment. :P

Still got 19 minutes left to lose even worse!

WileECoyote06
December 10th, 2011, 01:36 PM

You should work as a political pundit. Great spin.

Mr. C
December 10th, 2011, 01:41 PM
If SHSU can stop the QB run of Montana, then everything else will fall in place next week. Sammie's defense is for real..and one of the reasons they are ranked #1. Montana will have their hands full for sure.

There is a lot more to worry about from Montana than Jordan Johnson running the ball. You obviously haven't seen much of the Griz.

Mr. C
December 10th, 2011, 01:42 PM
Stoney Brook is looking pretty good right now.

Damn weak Southland Conference!! ;)

Scott is working his magic on defense. Always liked him even when he was an assistant at McNeese.

Doc

One win doesn't change the fact that the Southland was not a good conference in 2011.

Squealofthepig
December 10th, 2011, 01:43 PM
There is a lot more to worry about from Montana than Jordan Johnson running the ball. You obviously haven't seen much of the Griz.

Oh, as a UCA fan I think he saw enough.

SHSU looks really really good - if they give the Griz this good a game, it will be a long day.

LEHIGH61
December 10th, 2011, 01:43 PM
I am so impressed wkth THE Big Sky! LOL Montana State sucks.

kdinva
December 10th, 2011, 01:47 PM
I was looking for the SWAC game thread...........ain't one up here!! xlolx

Humble Steward
December 10th, 2011, 01:47 PM
Man, Sam Houston really looks good. They have tremendous speed and are definitely looking like a #1 team. They are not letting up at all.

Hammerhead
December 10th, 2011, 01:48 PM
SHSU should be glad they won't have to play in Montana where it's forecast to be below freezing all week after Sunday.

Squealofthepig
December 10th, 2011, 01:49 PM
SHSU should be glad they won't have to play in Montana where it's forecast to be below freezing all week after Sunday.

When did we get above freezing? :)

veinup
December 10th, 2011, 01:50 PM
I am so impressed wkth THE Big Sky! LOL Montana State sucks.

ignorant post of the day.

Squealofthepig
December 10th, 2011, 01:51 PM
ignorant post of the day.

Just remember to add WHITE POWER! to every one of his posts and it becomes MUCH more enjoyable.

McNeese75
December 10th, 2011, 01:51 PM
warm
Waaaaa waaaaa waaaaa, and NDSU should be glad they get to play in their little igloo

Squealofthepig
December 10th, 2011, 01:59 PM
Maybe I shouldn't have worn my Poor Putty Cats shirt today (was the only thing close to Cats gear I could find).

49-13 now. 9:12 in the fourth.

mtbigdog
December 10th, 2011, 01:59 PM
Damn embarrassing,but everybody from Bozoland knew it would happen.:D

TheRevSFA
December 10th, 2011, 02:00 PM
I now am really looking forward to SFA vs Montana State next year if Montana State's playcalling is this awful.

Cleets
December 10th, 2011, 02:00 PM
This game right here ought to neutralize all the disparaging chatter about this conference or that conference... Etc. Etc.
There are only good teams and BETTER teams left right now

GrizBowl
December 10th, 2011, 02:01 PM
Damn embarrassing,but everybody from Bozoland knew it would happen.:D

Hard to argue with that, the Cats inferiority complex strikes again

CopperCat
December 10th, 2011, 02:01 PM
The coaching staff for MSU should be completely and totally embarrassed with the football product they put on the field today. Special teams DID NOT get any better from 6 weeks ago, offensive play calling was complete garbage, and the defense clearly didn't learn anything from what happened in the brawl just three weeks ago. The UNH win was fluke. SHSU, you have a legitimate team with an offense that will run over whomever you go up against. UM will have their hands full.

Games like this get coaches fired. I'm not advocating that at all, but something needs to change internally within MSU's coaching staff. Ash needs to find a special teams coach (clearly he sucks at it) and the offensive coordinator needs to rethink everything since he has made a headcase out of his entire offense. An embarrassment on national television. Good luck on getting ESPN to cover any more games after a pathetic showing like that.

McNeese75
December 10th, 2011, 02:02 PM
One win doesn't change the fact that the Southland was not a good conference in 2011.

LOL,keep preaching negative Nelly

veinup
December 10th, 2011, 02:06 PM
This game right here ought to neutralize all the disparaging chatter about this conference or that conference... Etc. Etc.
There are only good teams and BETTER teams left right now

a very wise post here. yo, let's try to hook up w/ seattle griz next week maybe?

Cleets
December 10th, 2011, 02:08 PM
a very wise post here. yo, let's try to hook up w/ seattle griz next week maybe?

I'm all for it..!!!

srgrizizen
December 10th, 2011, 02:08 PM
Can't blame SC fans at all for some crowing. It isn't as if there aren't lots of great athletes in that part of the country. And they don't [B]all[B] go play at Montana State!xsalutex

wapiti
December 10th, 2011, 02:09 PM
Congratulations Sam Houston. You played a very good game today.

Cat79
December 10th, 2011, 02:09 PM

Cleets

Your are seeing the end result of what I tried to tell these Griz fans last week. They will have the same problem with Sam Houston. Their D (Montana) secondary does not have the speed to match Sam Houston's skilled players.

Squealofthepig
December 10th, 2011, 02:10 PM
Clleets

Your are seeing the end result of what I tried to tell these Griz fans last week. They will have the same problem with Sam Houston. Their D (Montana) secondary does not have the speed to match Sam Houston's skilled players.

yes, but you also said the same thing about UCA at Montana.

SHSU/Montana should be a VERY good game. SHSU is faster and tougher than many gave them credit for.

Cat79
December 10th, 2011, 02:13 PM

What conference is so much better? Let's see who is left after this week. Are you a APP fan? Still think the Southern is so great?????

veinup
December 10th, 2011, 02:13 PM
I'm all for it..!!!

excellent. i'm going to have to get a shift covered, but i should be able to make it happen. i'm deep in seattletown, where's a good spot for yallz to meet?

Squealofthepig
December 10th, 2011, 02:14 PM
430 rushing yards by the Bearkats. Damn, that's an impressive number!

KNUTS
December 10th, 2011, 02:14 PM
Don't worry Cat fans the Griz will go down there and finish the job you guys couldn't do. Just like what good big brother should do.

Cleets
December 10th, 2011, 02:15 PM
excellent. i'm going to have to get a shift covered, but i should be able to make it happen. i'm deep in seattletown, where's a good spot for yallz to meet?

Ballard maybe
or maybe University district - we'll need to work up a plan

Cat79
December 10th, 2011, 02:15 PM
yes, but you also said the same thing about UCA at Montana.

SHSU/Montana should be a VERY good game. SHSU is faster and tougher than many gave them credit for.

No, you are wrong. I had never made a prediction about UCA.

veinup
December 10th, 2011, 02:16 PM
i can do ballard. or the UD for that matter.

and congrats to SHSU. fierce performance.

Squealofthepig
December 10th, 2011, 02:17 PM
No, you are wrong. I had never made a prediction about UCA.

Sorry, must have been another Texas State fan - my apologies!

TheRevSFA
December 10th, 2011, 02:22 PM
Stats

Final Stats:

First Downs
Kats 19
Cats 18

3rd Down Conversion
Kats 7/11
Cats 3/14

Total yards
Kats 501 (428 Rushing, 73 Passing)
Cats 344 (77 rushing, 267 Passing)

Passing
Bell 5/12 for 73 yards 2 TDs 1 INT
McGhee 21/36 267 yards 1 TD 1 INT

Rushing
Sincere 11 for 160 yards
Williams 5 for 99 2 TDs
Bell 4 for 63 1 TD
Hill 4 for 47
Flanders 10 for 38
Wilson 5 for 23

Robinson 11 for 42
Kirk 12 for 22

ursus arctos horribilis
December 10th, 2011, 02:24 PM
Clleets

I always love the Southland guys and their "speed" talk. I can leterally go back and find those threads and comments from McNeese, Tx State, you name it.

I'm glad that is there for you guys to always try and hang the hat on cuz it just doesn't pan out. Line em' up position by position and show me the speed difference.

Now, Montana State did get burned all that being said.

The problem Southland teams generally have is that they rely on simple speed but they often get crushed by a team with speed and power...Montana has that...and this year SHSU has that. It should be a good game.

But, don't let that keep you from talking about the "speed" cuz it's god damn hilarious.xthumbsupx

Cat79
December 10th, 2011, 02:26 PM
No problem.

I had thought UCA overachieved to get to the second level this year. Sam Houston is another story. Sam is a scary team considering the majority of their skilled players seem to be second year players. I had watched your game last night. Your D secondary will have to play the game of their lives just to hang with Sam Houston's skill players

Cleets
December 10th, 2011, 02:27 PM
No problem.

I had thought UCA overachieved to get to the second level this year. Sam Houston is another story. Sam is a scary team considering the majority of their skilled players seem to be second year players. I had watched your game last night. Your D secondary will have to play the game of their lives just to hang with Sam Houston's skill players

I think both teams will be playing the best FCS team they've played all year - next week

txstatebobcat
December 10th, 2011, 02:30 PM
I always love the Southland guys and their "speed" talk. I can leterally go back and find those threads and comments from McNeese, Tx State, you name it.

I'm glad that is there for you guys to always try and hang the hat on cuz it just doesn't pan out. Line em' up position by position and show me the speed difference.

Now, Montana State did get burned all that being said.

The problem Southland teams generally have is that they rely on simple speed but they often get crushed by a team with speed and power...Montana has that...and this year SHSU has that. It should be a good game.

But, don't let that keep you from talking about the "speed" cuz it's god damn hilarious.xthumbsupx

I hate to admit it, but this is the truth. At least for Texas State, we always have plenty of speed at the RB, WR, LB, CB safety, but only average at best offensive and defensive lines.

veinup
December 10th, 2011, 02:31 PM
talking garbage on UM's secondary? really?

rcny46
For a few minutes,I thought I was watching a UNH game with the poor tackling.I thought this one would be a breeze for MSU.

caribbeanhen
good team? thats the $64,000 question, they looked horrid last week, look for Montana State to light up the Sammy secondary and get ready for your in state semi final re-match.

I am eating crow pie for dinner...Sam Houston State wins in a route, great job BearKats. You have earned respect all around today

Cocky
December 10th, 2011, 02:33 PM

Then there where no good conferences. Most seem to be fairly even, good teams at the top avg in the middle and awful at the bottom.

BEAR
December 10th, 2011, 02:35 PM
430 yards rushing by Sam. Total domination. Haven't seen something like that in a while. Next week I may just make the trip to Sam's house to see that one! Congrats Bearkats!

griz37
December 10th, 2011, 02:35 PM
Southland fans sound like SEC d-bags constantly talking about their speed. This is football, not a track meet, being quick doesn't mean squat if you aren't executing in the other aspects of the game.

Jazzman1522
December 10th, 2011, 02:39 PM
I didn't know what to expect when I sat down to watch this one. Aside from EKU and the OVC, I haven't usually followed FCS football incredibly closely. I don't know what it was about this year, but I've been really excited about watching the playoffs, even after Eastern got beat (Usually, I get bitter and sad and don't want to watch). From what I've been reading here, I expected Montana State to win it pretty easily. Sorry everyone, because I really enjoy reading your opinions here, but man were a lot of people off on this one. SHSU looked a whole heck of a lot like they might deserve that #1 seed after all. Should be really interesting to see the game against Montana next week.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 10th, 2011, 02:40 PM
Southland fans sound like SEC d-bags constantly talking about their speed. This is football, not a track meet, being quick doesn't mean squat if you aren't executing in the other aspects of the game.

Exactly. It's been happening for as long as I can remember. It is the battle cry of the Southland and very rarely comes to fruition that it turns out like a real speed difference should.

The match ups for SHSU and Montana look to be very good and competitive as far as any measure you want to use so I hope it's a whale of a game.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 10th, 2011, 02:43 PM
I didn't know what to expect when I sat down to watch this one. Aside from EKU and the OVC, I haven't usually followed FCS football incredibly closely. I don't know what it was about this year, but I've been really excited about watching the playoffs, even after Eastern got beat (Usually, I get bitter and sad and don't want to watch). From what I've been reading here, I expected Montana State to win it pretty easily. Sorry everyone, because I really enjoy reading your opinions here, but man were a lot of people off on this one. SHSU looked a whole heck of a lot like they might deserve that #1 seed after all. Should be really interesting to see the game against Montana next week.

Yes they certainly did deserve the #1 seed. Very, very good team there.

TheBisonator
December 10th, 2011, 02:54 PM
Exactly. It's been happening for as long as I can remember. It is the battle cry of the Southland and very rarely comes to fruition that it turns out like a real speed difference should.

The match ups for SHSU and Montana look to be very good and competitive as far as any measure you want to use so I hope it's a whale of a game.

You've been talking to Craig Bohl again, haven't you??

purplebear72
December 10th, 2011, 03:02 PM

Yeah that power and execution did you real well against one of the worst teams in the SEC!xsmileyclapx I do agree, it's not all about speed, but it sure is nice have it!

Congrats to the Bearkats! One game at a time.

kdinva
December 10th, 2011, 03:07 PM
Maybe Stony Brook was a decent team.

Stony Brook was a darn good team xsmileyclapx..........the decent teams finished their seasons 3 weeks ago......... xreadx

Dallas Demon
December 10th, 2011, 03:18 PM

Have you actually looked at the schedule/games played by the teams in the Southland, or do you just still cover only the SoCon and CAA?

With this argument, I would say that every conference in the FCS was down this year.

The time has run out to say that Sam Houston is not a good team and deserving of their high ranking - there are only 4 teams left after today. Also, UCA was no fluke. And all other teams won/lost in order of their ranking within the conference - pretty simple. Not to mention, most Southland teams played two FBS teams - so the losses were more than the other conferences.

El Gato
December 10th, 2011, 03:35 PM
Not to mention, most Southland teams played two FBS teams
Not to mention an FCS Independent that was an FBS transitional team as well.

Dallas Demon
December 10th, 2011, 03:38 PM

Good point, so it was almost like 3 FBS teams.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 10th, 2011, 03:57 PM

Wait a minute? Weren't you the guy giving some guff about Tx State not being allowed in the AGS Poll when I was using that exact reasoning as to why they weren't allowed?

El Gato
December 10th, 2011, 04:08 PM
Wait a minute? Weren't you the guy giving some guff about Tx State not being allowed in the AGS Poll when I was using that exact reasoning as to why they weren't allowed?

yes.

Cause as you'll notice from my post, I mention that Texas State was an FCS Independent. Still considered a part of the Division 1 subdivision. Not playoff eligible due to the scholarship differential but still poll eligible with TSN Voters.

Squealofthepig
December 10th, 2011, 05:07 PM
Look, I'm not a hypocrite because as I clearly state above, I'm not a hypocrite. :)

ursus arctos horribilis
December 10th, 2011, 05:14 PM
yes.

Cause as you'll notice from my post, I mention that Texas State was an FCS Independent. Still considered a part of the Division 1 subdivision. Not playoff eligible due to the scholarship differential but still poll eligible with TSN Voters.

Who cares that they made a mistake like that? Let em' be man.

putter
No problem.

Wait a minute. UNI posters were saying the same thing because their receivers were on their 4X100 NCAA team? Game of their lives just to hang? Don't think so. Kats played very well today and their defense impressed me more than their offense. MSU's defense looked like a high school team whose players were afraid to hurt themselves by trying to tackle somebody. Sam if very athletic and scores points on everybody but I think Montana's D will have a much better game plan and execution than what you saw from MSU today.

ursus arctos horribilis
Look, I'm not a hypocrite because as I clearly state above, I'm not a hypocrite. :)xlolx

Cleets
December 10th, 2011, 05:18 PM
Both teams handled the Montana State Bobcats easily...
Both teams are well matched - I expect a hard fought battle
The lines will be key, not the skill positions - both teams have great skill guys - it's who's lines win

McNeese72
December 10th, 2011, 05:31 PM
Both teams handled the Montana State Bobcats easily...
Both teams are well matched - I expect a hard fought battle
The lines will be key, not the skill positions - both teams have great skill guys - it's who's lines win

+100

Doc

BearIt
December 10th, 2011, 06:41 PM
Cleets

Their D (Montana) secondary does not have the speed to match Sam Houston's skilled players.

xrolleyesx Apparently they are fast enough to be considered by the NFL and matchup with UNI's championship track team, but not fast enough to match up with SHSU.

Whatever, dude.

I'm not saying SHSU is slow, but I think you are misjudging Montana.

TheRevSFA
December 10th, 2011, 06:47 PM
430 yards rushing by Sam. Total domination. Haven't seen something like that in a while. Next week I may just make the trip to Sam's house to see that one! Congrats Bearkats!

Same thought crossed my mind. It's only a 2 hour trek.

Cleets
December 10th, 2011, 06:51 PM
And if Sam Houston wins they deserve the right to play in FRISCO TX
and it'll be the same advantage all the SoCon and CAA teams have had in Tennessee for years
If I hear ANY body from the SoCon complaining about FRISCO location and Home Field advantage - I'm already laughing in anticipation

xlolx

Seawolf97
December 10th, 2011, 06:55 PM
Stony Brook was a darn good team xsmileyclapx..........the decent teams finished their seasons 3 weeks ago......... xreadx

We were under the radar all year. Congrats to SHSU this game proved we were better than many thought. But we will back in 2012 with almost our entire team from this year including Essingtonxthumbsupx

Eaglesrus
December 10th, 2011, 08:22 PM
And if Sam Houston wins they deserve the right to play in FRISCO TX
and it'll be the same advantage all the SoCon and CAA teams have had in Tennessee for years
If I hear ANY body from the SoCon complaining about FRISCO location and Home Field advantage - I'm already laughing in anticipation

xlolx

If we get to go to Frisco I'll be ecstatic!