PDA

View Full Version : Round 2 Attendance

Twentysix
December 3rd, 2011, 09:41 PM
ODU @ GSU ATTENDANCE: 13,226 (I saw a little of this game on espn3 and GSU definetly had completely empty sections.)

UCA @ UM ATTENDANCE: 22,005

Maine @ App ATTENDANCE: 15,291

UNH @ MSU ATTENDANCE: 11,367 holy crap montana state that is pathetic.

LU @ Towson ATTENDANCE: 11,196 I think that is respectable for their facility if memory serves

SBU @ SHSU ATTENDANCE: 8,161

JMU @ NDSU ATTENDANCE: 17,432 (Annouced attendance was 18,020 not that big of difference and disappointing but not terrible)

Wofford @ UNI ATTENDANCE: 6,915 I need a pussy fan to tell me this is underreporting at its best.

eagle07
December 3rd, 2011, 10:00 PM
I thought we would have more, but it seemed like the home side (mostly boosters and familys) did not show up, the students showed up in force although that hardly affects the numbers, anyways i think we will have many more next week. There were many people staying home to watch UGA/LSU xsmhx

LehighU11
December 3rd, 2011, 10:15 PM
LU @ Towson ATTENDANCE: 11,196 I think that is respectable for their facility if memory serves

Johnny Unitas Stadium holds 11,198 officially, so it was essentially a sellout. Awesome atmosphere at Towson. Hopefully they can keep things running like that in the future xthumbsupx

blackfordpu
December 3rd, 2011, 10:17 PM
As stated before, the 8,100 for the SBU@SHSU game is no where near accurate. There were at least 11,500 there, probably more.

Squealofthepig
December 3rd, 2011, 10:17 PM
Washington Grizzly was loud but not super-loud today. I'll take the 22k, but was disappointed we didn't get closer to capacity.

apaladin
December 3rd, 2011, 10:29 PM
28,000 plus at the Rock!!

Cleets
December 3rd, 2011, 10:30 PM
28,000 plus at the Rock!!

I don't think that's accurate

Twentysix
December 3rd, 2011, 10:32 PM
That would be something like 45% underreporting (Super quick, round math)

I have a hunch it was more like 16-18k.

MR. CHICKEN
December 3rd, 2011, 10:44 PM
ODU @ GSU ATTENDANCE: 13,226 (I saw a little of this game on espn3 and GSU definetly had completely empty sections.)

UCA @ UM ATTENDANCE: 22,005

Maine @ App ATTENDANCE: 15,291

UNH @ MSU ATTENDANCE: 11,367 holy crap montana state that is pathetic.

SBU @ SHSU ATTENDANCE: 8,161

JMU @ NDSU ATTENDANCE: 17,432 (Annouced attendance was 18,020 not that big of difference and disappointing but not terrible)

Wofford @ UNI ATTENDANCE: 6,915 I need a pussy fan to tell me this is underreporting at its best.

EXPLAINS.....WHAA...MOS' O' YER ELK....CROSSED OVERAH DUH BORDERAH.....TA WASHINGTON STATE/IDAHO....TA AVOID...DUH DB.'S

Squealofthepig
December 3rd, 2011, 11:29 PM
EXPLAINS.....WHAA...MOS' O' YER ELK....CROSSED OVERAH DUH BORDERAH.....TA WASHINGTON STATE/IDAHO....TA AVOID...DUH DB.'S

Actually... the mountain to the ENE of Washington Grizzly Stadium, Mount Jumbo, is home to quite a few herd of elk in the winter, and is closed from hiking from December through May. You can actually watch herds roam around when the weather is clear enough to watch the higher reaches of the peak. There are 50-100 elk on the upper reaches and, while you generally can't see them, when you can (from Telephone Hill to the West or University Peak to the south), it's truly amazing.

Here's a bit more info, from the city of Missoula (warning, pdf): http://www.ci.missoula.mt.us/Archive.aspx?ADID=3219

Big Al
December 4th, 2011, 12:36 AM
I'm a fan of pussy. 6,915 is a joke. West side was about 7/8 full and East side was maybe 1/4. That would put it more like 10k-12k.

PantherRob82
December 4th, 2011, 12:39 AM
I'm a fan of pussy. 6,915 is a joke. West side was about 7/8 full and East side was maybe 1/4. That would put it more like 10k-12k.

What side did you sit on?

From the top row of the east side, the west side was maybe 1/2 full. Lots of gaps, even in the middle.

Twentysix
December 4th, 2011, 12:40 AM
I couldnt believe UNI was posting ISUb numbers in the playoffs....not on thanksgiving.

Big Al
December 4th, 2011, 12:54 AM
West side. There was that much space? From where I sat on the NW 30 yard line (row 38), it looked pretty full up all around me.

Busy day for UNI -- between the football, volleyball and concert at G-B, there was lots to choose from.

Twentysix
December 4th, 2011, 12:55 AM
West side. There was that much space? From where I sat on the NW 30 yard line (row 38), it looked pretty full up all around me.

Busy day for UNI -- between the football, volleyball and concert at G-B, there was lots to choose from.

Excuses dont belong in the valley. You guys teach this lesson..

Big Al
December 4th, 2011, 01:00 AM
Settle down, nancypants.

Hosting two NCAA playoff events at virtually the same time is no excuse -- it's an honor your school will likely never know.

Twentysix
December 4th, 2011, 01:01 AM
Settle down, nancypants.

Hosting two NCAA playoff events at virtually the same time is no excuse -- it's an honor your school will likely never know.

Hah probably not, we are indefinetly sent to Minnesota for volleyball. It really wouldnt matter though, our heads arent shoved so far up our asses that volleyball seems like a viable choice over football.

PantherRob82
December 4th, 2011, 01:01 AM

I'd post a pic from my phone if you could upload straight to the site. We were surprised.

Big Al
December 4th, 2011, 01:14 AM
It really wouldnt matter though, our heads arent shoved so far up our asses that volleyball seems like a viable choice over football.

Funny to hear a Fargoite talk about someone having their head shoved up their *** -- sorta like the Pope calling someone a good Catholic.

Of course, being from Fargo, you can't fathom hot chicks in tight shorts, so volleyball wouldn't be a choice for you.

Big Al
December 4th, 2011, 01:15 AM
I'd post a pic from my phone if you could upload straight to the site. We were surprised.

That is surprising and honestly kind of a bummer. Hopefully we get to host Montana State in two weeks and turn those stats around.

Twentysix
December 4th, 2011, 01:18 AM
Funny to hear a Fargoite talk about someone having their head shoved up their *** -- sorta like the Pope calling someone a good Catholic.

Of course, being from Fargo, you can't fathom hot chicks in tight shorts, so volleyball wouldn't be a choice for you.

That is a really sad reason to attend a sport. If they were getting naked that would be one thing... but even then it wouldn't supercede football.. And they dont even get naked!

Engineer86
December 4th, 2011, 08:11 AM
That is surprising and honestly kind of a bummer. Hopefully we get to host Montana State in two weeks and turn those stats around.

With those numbers hopefully you don't :D

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 4th, 2011, 08:18 AM

Is that the best you have?

6-7K for a home playoff game is pathetic, home VB game or not.

caribbeanhen
December 4th, 2011, 08:29 AM
There were many people staying home to watch UGA/LSU xsmhx

thats bad, but I heard the same type of reasons from Delaware fans last year

Cocky
December 4th, 2011, 08:45 AM
Zero in Jacksonville for the JSU v season over game.

Cocky
December 4th, 2011, 08:46 AM
Does App St and Ga So give away tickets during the reg season? The crowds seem to really be down for the playoffs.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 4th, 2011, 08:47 AM

Dude, you're in Iowa, and not even the good part......

Twentysix
December 4th, 2011, 11:51 AM
Dude, you're in Iowa, and not even the good part......

Wtf is the good part of iowa? Illinois?

Skjellyfetti
December 4th, 2011, 12:10 PM
Does App St and Ga So give away tickets during the reg season? The crowds seem to really be down for the playoffs.

No. But, we gave away tickets to the students this year for the playoffs and it didn't help much.

UNIFanSince1983
December 4th, 2011, 12:21 PM
Attendance was pathetic, and I don't need anyone from any other school to tell me that. I am not gonna give any excuse. There was Wrestling, Men's Basketball, Football, and Volleyball all yesterday. That isn't an excuse for people to not attend the football game. I went to basketball, football, and volleyball. Maybe people got scared off by the promise the weathermen gave of winter weather, and didn't want to travel I don't know. I do know that had to be the worst attendance we have ever had for a non-Thanksgiving playoff game. The thing is Iowa and Iowa State weren't at home so I don't know what some peoples excuse was. I was in my season tickets, and most of the people around me were different from the people that had the tickets during the season. There is no excuse for a person with season tickets to not come to a home playoff game. PATHETIC!

NoDak 4 Ever
December 4th, 2011, 12:32 PM
Wtf is the good part of iowa? Illinois?

Well, everything is relative but the Waterloo/Cedar Falls area sucks big time.

Cleets
December 4th, 2011, 12:42 PM
Can't... stop... must ppppost....

Listening to North Dakota and Iowa residents argue the finer points of those locations (or lack there of) is actually hysterical xcrazyx xlolx

Apphole
December 4th, 2011, 12:42 PM
No. But, we gave away tickets to the students this year for the playoffs and it didn't help much.

It didn't help because it was the Alums that didn't show up. The Student sections were almost full, Raley lot was full and Stadium lot was desolate

NoDak 4 Ever
December 4th, 2011, 12:45 PM
Can't... stop... must ppppost....

Listening to North Dakota and Iowa residents argue the finer points of those locations (or lack there of) is actually hysterical xcrazyx xlolx

You clearly have never been to Iowa or know many Iowegians.

Squealofthepig
December 4th, 2011, 12:49 PM
You clearly have never been to Iowa or know many Iowegians.

Nonsense, I know several Iowans and even have a few as friends.

I really liked Ames the half-dozen times I visited friends there; it's a bit on the hippie side (damned college), but very friendly, neat and clean. And no state in the US boasts so many tree-lined streets - drive through a random, 300-person Iowa town and try not to be charmed.

And, no, no sarcasm tag, I really do like the feel of many Iowa towns.

PAllen
December 4th, 2011, 12:52 PM
Johnny Unitas Stadium holds 11,198 officially, so it was essentially a sellout. Awesome atmosphere at Towson. Hopefully they can keep things running like that in the future xthumbsupx

there were a couple hundred seats open at any one time (people moving around etc). The place was pretty packed though. I'd say about 30% Lehigh fans (we made up about 20% in the heart of the Towson section). The thing that surprised me was the thousands of Towson fans who started heading for the exits half way through the fourth quarter (game was tied at the time). By the time Lehigh sealed the deal on the second to last play of the game, the stadium was more than half empty.

Cleets
December 4th, 2011, 12:53 PM
Nonsense, I know several Iowans and even have a few as friends.

I really liked Ames the half-dozen times I visited friends there; it's a bit on the hippie side (damned college), but very friendly, neat and clean. And no state in the US boasts so many tree-lined streets - drive through a random, 300-person Iowa town and try not to be charmed.

And, no, no sarcasm tag, I really do like the feel of many Iowa towns.

The Hippies are the only thing I like about the Mid West (well that and the charm)
Frankly the Hippies in Missoula are the reason I love that place

I like Hippies xpeacex

Skjellyfetti
December 4th, 2011, 12:57 PM
It didn't help because it was the Alums that didn't show up. The Student sections were almost full, Raley lot was full and Stadium lot was desolate

I agree. But, it still didn't help.

Squealofthepig
December 4th, 2011, 01:00 PM
The Hippies are the only thing I like about the Mid West (well that and the charm)
Frankly the Hippies in Missoula are the reason I love that place

I like Hippies xpeacex

Hey, I still miss the Peace sign here (though it's made brief returns on Waterworks Hill a few times in the last year).

Cleets
December 4th, 2011, 01:05 PM
Hippie Chicks make me happy

http://vanessahudgenspic.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/vanessa-hudgens-sexy-little-453-0.jpghttp://data.whicdn.com/images/3930709/tumblr_l8j40nmTvy1qdbp2vo1_500_thumb.jpg?128469949 7http://cdn2.maxim.com/maxim/files/2010/07/02/whole-foods/WholeFoods_Hippy_l.jpg

LehighU11
December 4th, 2011, 01:09 PM
there were a couple hundred seats open at any one time (people moving around etc). The place was pretty packed though. I'd say about 30% Lehigh fans (we made up about 20% in the heart of the Towson section). The thing that surprised me was the thousands of Towson fans who started heading for the exits half way through the fourth quarter (game was tied at the time). By the time Lehigh sealed the deal on the second to last play of the game, the stadium was more than half empty.

Only 1200 tickets were sold through Lehigh, so it was more like 10 percent. I was also surprised by how many empty seats there were on the home side. Our side with the student section was packed, though.

veinup
December 4th, 2011, 01:09 PM
Hey, I still miss the Peace sign here (though it's made brief returns on Waterworks Hill a few times in the last year).

ahhh waterworks. used to walk up there on a weekly basis. you're making me homesick.

Walkon79
December 4th, 2011, 05:04 PM
Very disappointed. Especially in the students. $7.00 for a ticket, Cmon Man!!

darell1976
December 4th, 2011, 06:05 PM
How important is attendance capacity for hosting a playoff game? I am just curious if they take who they play and determine which venue would make more money (by having a bigger capacity). If thats the case UND could host a playoff game in the future since their dome holds 13,500. I know I am getting ahead of myself but its another thing to look forward too as we end transition hell on July 1st.

TheBisonator
December 4th, 2011, 06:16 PM
How important is attendance capacity for hosting a playoff game? I am just curious if they take who they play and determine which venue would make more money (by having a bigger capacity). If thats the case UND could host a playoff game in the future since their dome holds 13,500. I know I am getting ahead of myself but its another thing to look forward too as we end transition hell on July 1st.

You have to make a good bid in order to host a playoff game if you're unseeded. Your bid depends on how much money your AD thinks they can make off of ticket sales to a playoff game.

You guys do not have a good history, barely getting 5,000 to DII first round games three years in a row from 2004-2006.

If NDSU could only get 12,200 to a Thanksgiving weekend playoff game, I don't see UND getting more than 7-8,000 if that for a game on the same weekend.

MplsBison
December 4th, 2011, 06:29 PM
I understand and expect round 1 attendance to be low - Thanksgiving weekend and all.

Why the heck wouldn't every round 2 game be sold out just the same as a regular season game?

How are we supposed to expect regular college football fans to give a piss about our division when our own fans don't even go to the playoff games like regular season games? xnonono2x xnonono2x

darell1976
December 4th, 2011, 06:30 PM
You have to make a good bid in order to host a playoff game if you're unseeded. Your bid depends on how much money your AD thinks they can make off of ticket sales to a playoff game.

You guys do not have a good history, barely getting 5,000 to DII first round games three years in a row from 2004-2006.

If NDSU could only get 12,200 to a Thanksgiving weekend playoff game, I don't see UND getting more than 7-8,000 if that for a game on the same weekend.

2001 UND played UC Davis and UC Davis blamed part of their loss on the crowd noise. It depends on who we play too. Winona State was nothing...if UND can get a New Hampshire, South Dakota State, or a Cal Poly. UND can fill the Alerus. 2004-2006 playoffs games I know was terrible, and fans wanted to see better teams not Winona State which UND blew out by 50 points. You mention that Thanksgiving weekend NDSU got only 12,200 for their playoff game...UND's Ralph Engelstad Arena had 11,742 (sellout) that same night as the NDSU game. So how can UND sell out a hockey game on Thanksgiving weekend (both games was sold out) and NDSU couldn't sell out their first playoff game in both the FCS and the Fargodome? Both schools had students gone for the holiday.

frozennorth
December 4th, 2011, 06:31 PM
Und has a long history of noone showing up for playoff games. We broke the worst attendence at the aLOLerus 3 consecutive years if I recall. I was there for one of them, against winona.

Of course und probably isn't going to come anywhere near the playoffs until mussman is canned.

darell1976
December 4th, 2011, 06:32 PM
Und has a long history of noone showing up for playoff games. We broke the worst attendence at the aLOLerus 3 consecutive years if I recall. I was there for one of them, against winona.

Of course und probably isn't going to come anywhere near the playoffs until mussman is canned.

All the teams in this years playoffs...are NOT Winona State. I think UND can pack the place with the right team coming to town. If UND can pack their hockey arena on a holiday weekend they can pack their football stadium.

No_Skill
December 4th, 2011, 06:33 PM
2001 UND played UC Davis and UC Davis blamed part of their loss on the crowd noise. It depends on who we play too. Winona State was nothing...if UND can get a New Hampshire, South Dakota State, or a Cal Poly. UND can fill the Alerus. 2004-2006 playoffs games I know was terrible, and fans wanted to see better teams not Winona State which UND blew out by 50 points. You mention that Thanksgiving weekend NDSU got only 12,200 for their playoff game...UND's Ralph Engelstad Arena had 11,742 (sellout) that same night as the NDSU game. So how can UND sell out a hockey game on Thanksgiving weekend (both games was sold out) and NDSU couldn't sell out their first playoff game in both the FCS and the Fargodome? Both schools had students gone for the holiday.

There were actually 19,287 people in the dome, we just under-reported to keep the NCAA's cut low.

darell1976
December 4th, 2011, 06:35 PM
There were actually 19,287 people in the dome, we just under-reported to keep the NCAA's cut low.

And we had 50,000 at the REA that weekend too.xlolx

No_Skill
December 4th, 2011, 06:36 PM
And we had 50,000 at the REA that weekend too.xlolx

Does the NCAA get a cut from teh hokies games?

darell1976
December 4th, 2011, 06:38 PM
Does the NCAA get a cut from teh hokies games?

Nope since its a just a sport nobody cares about.

unigriff
December 4th, 2011, 06:38 PM
As for the UNI-Woffy attendance...could be mistrued...
It sure looked about 2/3 full (12k) on TV.

UNI had a bunch going on Friday-Saturday and thus could be a contributing factor in a smaller attendance.
UNI women played a basketball game Thur. night, Volleyball had the NCAA tourney Friday night...
UNI men's basketball had a game saturday at 1ish.
Football at 4.
Wrestling Open all day and women's volleyball 2nd round at 7 on saturday night. I'm sure there was another event happening that I missed. But to get all those in is 1. a lot of money to spend and 2. a lot of traveling for out of towners, and 3 - a lot of cheering and easily be tired after 2 or 3 of them.
Also opening round playoff games are usually a smaller attended audience.
Finally, i dont know if it took away from the official number (im guessing not, but maybe?) student tickets were all bought by the school for the game so they got in free technically. I dont know if they were counted, but i'd guess yes? Clenz or achrist would have an answer to that.

I'm more than positive, especially with the opponent this week that if it was in Cedar Falls, would be a far bigger crowd.

frozennorth
December 4th, 2011, 06:53 PM
2001 UND played UC Davis and UC Davis blamed part of their loss on the crowd noise. It depends on who we play too. Winona State was nothing...if UND can get a New Hampshire, South Dakota State, or a Cal Poly. UND can fill the Alerus. 2004-2006 playoffs games I know was terrible, and fans wanted to see better teams not Winona State which UND blew out by 50 points. You mention that Thanksgiving weekend NDSU got only 12,200 for their playoff game...UND's Ralph Engelstad Arena had 11,742 (sellout) that same night as the NDSU game. So how can UND sell out a hockey game on Thanksgiving weekend (both games was sold out) and NDSU couldn't sell out their first playoff game in both the FCS and the Fargodome? Both schools had students gone for the holiday. canadians. Also, those football games were pre-ralph. UND promoted the hell out of both the cal poly and usd games, with ticket people spending the day walking around campus handing out tickets to students. I work in a bar, and there were und football commercials every commercial break all night all week before both games. Attendance didn't budge. For homecoming, my fraternity had 70 box seats for alumni, and had about 15 left over. We couldn't get undergrads to take them for free. Most of them spent the game sitting at the house, watching other games on tv.

I'm sure you'll want to say that this is just because of transition, but the facts are that enthusiasm for und football had already collapsed before they had started the transition. None of the other transitional schools saw the sort of ethusiasm collapses that UND has. Playing one game a year against montana or montana state isn't even going to move the needle, let alone save the program.

Hockey won, you need to accept this.

darell1976
December 4th, 2011, 07:00 PM
canadians. Also, those football games were pre-ralph. UND promoted the hell out of both the cal poly and usd games, with ticket people spending the day walking around campus handing out tickets to students. I work in a bar, and there were und football commercials every commercial break all night all week before both games. Attendance didn't budge. For homecoming, my fraternity had 70 box seats for alumni, and had about 15 left over. We couldn't get undergrads to take them for free. Most of them spent the game sitting at the house, watching other games on tv.

I'm sure you'll want to say that this is just because of transition, but the facts are that enthusiasm for und football had already collapsed before they had started the transition. None of the other transitional schools saw the sort of ethusiasm collapses that UND has. Playing one game a year against montana or montana state isn't even going to move the needle, let alone save the program.

Hockey won, you need to accept this.

Both the Alerus and the Ralph opened in the fall of 2001. And Candadians are the reason the Ralph sold out on Thanksgiving weekend instead of the Fargodome's first ever playoff game. Where the population of Fargo is double that of Grand Forks.xlolx

frozennorth
December 4th, 2011, 07:03 PM
All the teams in this years playoffs...are NOT Winona State. I think UND can pack the place with the right team coming to town. If UND can pack their hockey arena on a holiday weekend they can pack their football stadium.
Real programs with real fans don't need big names to sell out their stadiums. Do you really think that the casual fan would know the difference between winona st or uca or robert morris or jmu or richmond or portland state?

Umd or saint cloud coming to town would be bigger for the und fanbase and student body than any of those other teams.

darell1976
December 4th, 2011, 07:07 PM
Real programs with real fans don't need big names to sell out their stadiums. Do you really think that the casual fan would know the difference between winona st or uca or robert morris or jmu or richmond or portland state?

Umd or saint cloud coming to town would be bigger for the und fanbase and student body than any of those other teams.

UND played Winona State 3 times in the playoffs since 2001 and every one had less and less people why...Winona was a weak team so UND blew them out in every game, and secondly television. Maybe if the FSSN had a blackout policy more people would have attended.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 4th, 2011, 07:08 PM
Both the Alerus and the Ralph opened in the fall of 2001. And Candadians are the reason the Ralph sold out on Thanksgiving weekend instead of the Fargodome's first ever playoff game. Where the population of Fargo is double that of Grand Forks.xlolx

We'll see how many fans attend a UND playoff game on Thanksgiving weekend, if and when they ever make the playoffs.

Good luck on reaching 7 wins next year with that SD Mines game....might as well schedule Mayville State.

We had over 18K tickets sold for saturday.....pretty frickin good when students had to pay for theirs.

frozennorth
December 4th, 2011, 07:10 PM

Drive through the target, menards,or walmart parking lots on a hockey weekend. Check out some grand forks bars or restaurants on a hockey weekend. Its really amazing how ignorant you are of the school you spend so much time being an ignorant hack in support of.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 4th, 2011, 07:12 PM
UND played Winona State 3 times in the playoffs since 2001 and every one had less and less people why...Winona was a weak team so UND blew them out in every game, and secondly television. Maybe if the FSSN had a blackout policy more people would have attended.

You really think that UND's attendance is going to be busting at the seams now that they are in the BSC?

I bet attendance will not break the 9K mark next year for ave. A middle of the pack UND team will not bring them in.

darell1976
December 4th, 2011, 07:13 PM
We'll see how many fans attend a UND playoff game on Thanksgiving weekend, if and when they ever make the playoffs.

Good luck on reaching 7 wins next year with that SD Mines game....might as well schedule Mayville State.

We had over 18K tickets sold for saturday.....pretty frickin good when students had to pay for theirs.

Pretty good when football is the only game in town.

frozennorth
December 4th, 2011, 07:13 PM
Also if you think that the opening the alerus and the ralph had comparable positive impacts for their respective programs, you really are lost. the alerus was a hell of a downgrade

ValleyChamp
December 4th, 2011, 07:14 PM
There was 10K+ in the UNIdome.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 4th, 2011, 07:17 PM
There was 10K+ in the UNIdome.

I thought it was 7K?

Big debate over on panthernation....

LakesBison
December 4th, 2011, 07:23 PM
WHY THE HECK IS DARREL POSTING IN A PLAYOFF ATTENDENCE THREAD!!! GO AWAY NO ONE CARES ABOUT YOUR 4200 FANS in a D2 game 6 years ago.. WOW YOURE DUMB!!!

Gringer1
December 4th, 2011, 07:25 PM
Just because his team isn't in the playoffs doesn't mean he shouldn't be interested in it.

frozennorth
December 4th, 2011, 07:28 PM
I'm guessing that like most of my classmates, darell drank himself retarded at und. Probably a business major to boot, which is really the same thing.

LakesBison
December 4th, 2011, 07:28 PM
him and mplsbison are the same person, hoping a mod does a IP search. czu they are both stupid.

darell1976
December 4th, 2011, 07:29 PM
I'm guessing that like most of my classmates, darell drank himself retarded at und. Probably a business major to boot, which is really the same thing.

So you are calling me retarded? Are you and Lakes using the same computer?

darell1976
December 4th, 2011, 07:31 PM
him and mplsbison are the same person, hoping a mod does a IP search. czu they are both stupid.

Funny you said that. If you were on earlier today both of us were online so I guess we aren't the same person. Plus I don't have different alias's like you do for every message board especially those in the Forum.

sgt smash
December 4th, 2011, 07:31 PM
WHY THE HECK IS DARREL POSTING IN A PLAYOFF ATTENDENCE THREAD!!! GO AWAY NO ONE CARES ABOUT YOUR 4200 FANS in a D2 game 6 years ago.. WOW YOURE DUMB!!!

Ok I might like you now. Thank you.

PAllen
December 4th, 2011, 07:32 PM
Only 1200 tickets were sold through Lehigh, so it was more like 10 percent. I was also surprised by how many empty seats there were on the home side. Our side with the student section was packed, though.

There were a bunch of Lehigh folk sitting on the home side.

frozennorth
December 4th, 2011, 07:36 PM
So you are calling me retarded? Are you and Lakes using the same computer?

Drinking yourself retarded and being retarded are not normally the same thing.

Also, if you can't tell my posting style and lake's apart, then yes you may be retarded.

LakesBison
December 4th, 2011, 07:37 PM
dude, this guy needs to have his 10 fingers removed off earth, he's an embarassment to mankind.

BACK TO THE THREAD TOPIC>

NDSU had 18,200 with students not filling their allotment. it'll be sold out next week and semifinals will be impossible to find a seat

darell1976
December 4th, 2011, 07:38 PM
dude, this guy needs to be removed off earth, he's an embarassment to mankind. At least his 10 fingers

At least I don't embarass my fanbase like you do on EVERY message board.

frozennorth
December 4th, 2011, 07:38 PM
This thread is now under und/ndsu jurisdiction.

frozennorth
December 4th, 2011, 07:40 PM
At least I don't embarass my fanbase like you do on EVERY message board.

No, you do, just not as badly.

darell1976
December 4th, 2011, 07:41 PM
Drinking yourself retarded and being retarded are not normally the same thing.

Also, if you can't tell my posting style and lake's apart, then yes you may be retarded.

Lakes' posting always includes name calling because he is only 3 years old. So I thought your comment would be something he would come up with so I thought you two were computer buddies for the day or something. Doesn't it bug you to keep slamming a school you attend? Wow!! I wonder what your classmates think?

LakesBison
December 4th, 2011, 07:42 PM
dude, get a life, your university sucks, your town sucks, you havent had 1 legit win in 5 years. you cant get more than 5000 fans to a game.

GO AWAY..........

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 4th, 2011, 07:43 PM
My guess is that NDSU will have 18K + again this saturday. I know I'll be there again cheering my a** off!!

darell1976
December 4th, 2011, 07:44 PM
dude, get a life, your university sucks, your town sucks, you havent had 1 legit win in 5 years. you cant get more than 5000 fans to a game.

GO AWAY..........

We just won a co-conference title (must have had some legit wins there), we had more than 5000 to our games this season even to the DII/NAIA games. So you go away.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 4th, 2011, 07:44 PM

GO AWAY..........

Hey lakes....why not tone it down some??

darell1976
December 4th, 2011, 07:46 PM
My guess is that NDSU will have 18K + again this saturday. I know I'll be there again cheering my a** off!!

I am sure the crowd will be big. The weather is supposed to be nice.xthumbsupx

frozennorth
December 4th, 2011, 07:58 PM
Lakes' posting always includes name calling because he is only 3 years old. So I thought your comment would be something he would come up with so I thought you two were computer buddies for the day or something. Doesn't it bug you to keep slamming a school you attend? Wow!! I wonder what your classmates think?

These kind of attitudes are relatively common among students. The bitter prick demographic is a pretty sizable minority among the student body. We also have the facts on our side.

Und was my nowhere near my first choice when I went back to school, but thanks to my student debt from round 1 (I'm an 09 grad) I couldn't afford anything better except minnesota, and I would rather spend the rest of my life bartending then put a minnesota degree on my resume.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 4th, 2011, 07:59 PM
These kind of attitudes are relatively common among students. The bitter prick demographic is a pretty sizable minority among the student body. We also have the facts on our side.

Und was my nowhere near my first choice when I went back to school, but thanks to my student debt from round 1 (I'm an 09 grad) I couldn't afford anything better except minnesota, and I would rather spend the rest of my life bartending then put a minnesota degree on my resume.

U of M is actually a pretty good school.....just sayin....

frozennorth
December 4th, 2011, 08:01 PM

GO AWAY..........

Even if you are right, making a dumb argument with bad 'facts' is worse than making no argument at all.

frozennorth
December 4th, 2011, 08:04 PM
U of M is actually a pretty good school.....just sayin....

Agreed, but I have a person distaste for the UM, personal type stuff. My first 3 choices were much better schools anyway.

JSUBison
December 4th, 2011, 08:20 PM

I thought this was explained to you people last year. UND had nearly a year to sell tickets to teh hockies. NDSU had about 5 days to sell their tickets. Nobody thought NDSU had a chance at the playoffs last year, but were surprised on selection show.

Next time create a thread instead of derailing an existing one to start your UND/hockies related questions so we can all proceed to ignore it. xsalutex

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 4th, 2011, 08:26 PM
I thought this was explained to you people last year. UND had nearly a year to sell tickets to teh hockies. NDSU had about 5 days to sell their tickets. Nobody thought NDSU had a chance at the playoffs last year, but were surprised on selection show.

Next time create a thread instead of derailing an existing one to start your UND/hockies related questions so we can all proceed to ignore it. xsalutex

Those 12K were pretty loud.....me included. On 5 days notice and over Thanksgiving....not too bad of crowd.

darell1976
December 4th, 2011, 09:27 PM

What is it with you Bison fans? Are all threads off limits to UND fans? Go back to my question it had nothing to do with hockey or past attendance woes it had to with attendance capacity in bidding for a home playoff game. I guess you ignored the wrong post.

LakesBison
December 4th, 2011, 10:14 PM
offlimits to und fans?? YOURE THE ONLY FREAKIN 1 YOU LOSER!! how embarassing is that.
Darrel quick a train. run for it.

Dgreenwell3
December 4th, 2011, 11:05 PM
offlimits to und fans?? YOURE THE ONLY FREAKIN 1 YOU LOSER!! how embarassing is that.
Darrel quick a train. run for it.

What would your boss think if he read some of the things you post on Internet message boards?

JSUBison
December 4th, 2011, 11:06 PM
What is it with you Bison fans? Are all threads off limits to UND fans? Go back to my question it had nothing to do with hockey or past attendance woes it had to with attendance capacity in bidding for a home playoff game. I guess you ignored the wrong post.

Did you miss the comment I had quoted? It was from you and you were comparing hockey and Bison attendance. You also asked a question in that post, and I answered it. If you're talking about the playoff bidding question, I didn't ignore it because Nator had answered it already. So why would I have to address it? I don't understand why you are confused.

MplsBison
December 4th, 2011, 11:20 PM
Why does lakes have the right to post here? I know some (maybe most) think I shouldn't be able to post here either, but damn. At least I am clever. At least I use middle school level grammar and spelling. At least I don't hurl direct, elementary playground insults in all caps.

There's a clear difference when I troll and when lakes trolls. Isn't lakes the type of troll that you actually do want to get rid of?

Can his rear end for good....please.

Dgreenwell3
December 4th, 2011, 11:31 PM
Why does lakes have the right to post here? I know some (maybe most) think I shouldn't be able to post here either, but damn. At least I am clever. At least I use middle school level grammar and spelling. At least I don't hurl direct, elementary playground insults in all caps.

There's a clear difference when I troll and when lakes trolls. Isn't lakes the type of troll that you actually do want to get rid of?

Can his rear end for good....please.

Here is something crazy; lakes first showed up here and minded his ps and qs and I thought, "Daniel, maybe he has changed." and now I am agreeing with MPLSbison...

Grizzaholic
December 4th, 2011, 11:36 PM
What would your boss think if he read some of the things you post on Internet message boards?

I am not sure the Warden gives a crap.

Squealofthepig
December 4th, 2011, 11:44 PM
I am not sure the Warden gives a crap.

Sir, that is an unfair slandering of our incarcerated citizens!

Edit: Slander, or libel? I never can remember.

Dgreenwell3
December 5th, 2011, 12:00 AM
Sir, that is an unfair slandering of our incarcerated citizens!

Edit: Slander, or libel? I never can remember.
The current law in most states is that slander is libel basically...in the past Libel was written Slander is verbal.

darell1976
December 5th, 2011, 04:07 AM

Before or after the cops showed up there looking for him.

BisonLakes
December 5th, 2011, 12:56 PM
There's no place like Dome!

straightshooter
December 5th, 2011, 01:19 PM
GSU always under reports playoff attendance, so the number might have been a bit higher. There was a section of the stadium that was pretty empty, but the hillsides were pretty full, as was 3/4 of the visitors side and most of the home side. I know it got pretty loud there a number of times. Here's the fact that really burns me. GSU didn't have football until the 1980s, and Statesboro and the surrounding area has always been and University of Georgia stronghold. Sadly it still is in many ways. Georgia was playing in the SEC Championship Game on Saturday afternoon and there were parties going on all over the Statesboro region for that game. Can't say how many spectators that cost GSU, but it would be a pretty good number. If UGA and GSU don't have conflicting games, many locals come to Paulson. If UGA is playing, they're home watching on TV.

WestRiverBison
December 5th, 2011, 01:56 PM
Can UND even host playoff games being they're out of compliance with the NCAA???

MTfan4life
December 5th, 2011, 02:00 PM
Can UND even host playoff games being they're out of compliance with the NCAA???

I don't think we'll need to worry about that anytime soon. I know they're big bad ND joining the "Big Fluffy," but Northern Colorado was a national power in DII before they joined the Big Sky. We know how that story has gone.

Blue Eagle
December 5th, 2011, 02:58 PM
ODU @ GSU ATTENDANCE: 13,226 (I saw a little of this game on espn3 and GSU definetly had completely empty sections.).

As for as the empty sections if I remember correctly a good number of fans were in those sections by half time.

Having attended most playoff games at Ga. Southern since 1985 I don't understand why - my wife tells me people actually have other things to do on the weekends in December....go figure - but most playoff games have less attendance than regular season games.

Also, if the regular season attendance is accurate then the playoff attendance is under reported. In fact, the playoff attendance is no longer announce at the game!

I don't care which is accurate I just want the attendance to be counted accurately and consistently for all games.

If I can estimate at all the attendance was more than 13,226.

Someone told me the students are actually counted as 1/3 of a fan. Who knows I don't.

darell1976
December 5th, 2011, 03:25 PM

They have already gotten back in the good gracious of the NCAA and has already began transitioning away by telling conferences not to refer to them as the Fighting Sioux or display the logo as of Jan 1st. Websites are now moving towards UND sports and not "Fighting Sioux" sports, even the Grand Forks Herald will try not to refer to them as the Fighting Sioux. Dec 31st 2011 UND's nickname will be retired officially and we will be off of the H&A list and playoff hosting eligible this spring with NCAA women's hockey as the first sport that hosts a "NCAA" tournament. As for MTfan4life...I think not only UND but the rest of us Great West teams will be making a lot of noise in the Big Sky so look for a rat race for the BSC titles in not only football but basketball(minus the Cali teams) as well.

MTfan4life
December 6th, 2011, 04:03 AM
They have already gotten back in the good gracious of the NCAA and has already began transitioning away by telling conferences not to refer to them as the Fighting Sioux or display the logo as of Jan 1st. Websites are now moving towards UND sports and not "Fighting Sioux" sports, even the Grand Forks Herald will try not to refer to them as the Fighting Sioux. Dec 31st 2011 UND's nickname will be retired officially and we will be off of the H&A list and playoff hosting eligible this spring with NCAA women's hockey as the first sport that hosts a "NCAA" tournament. As for MTfan4life...I think not only UND but the rest of us Great West teams will be making a lot of noise in the Big Sky so look for a rat race for the BSC titles in not only football but basketball(minus the Cali teams) as well.

I spit out my food when I read this. There will always be a rat race in the Big Sky. I don't think UND will be adding any immediate pressure though to the marquee men's sports. I only mentioned UND too. Cal Poly will be strong in football. Southern Utah might too, but I don't know anything about them. UND in Basketball? Sure they beat Montana at home this year, but their program is really going to have to step up to contend in a full Big Sky schedule. In football, there a long ways off. The lower half of the Big Sky has been in kind of a lull the last couple years, so this is a good time to step in there. Noise though? That's a lot of dreaming for an average newcomer.

darell1976
December 6th, 2011, 08:31 AM
I spit out my food when I read this. There will always be a rat race in the Big Sky. I don't think UND will be adding any immediate pressure though to the marquee men's sports. I only mentioned UND too. Cal Poly will be strong in football. Southern Utah might too, but I don't know anything about them. UND in Basketball? Sure they beat Montana at home this year, but their program is really going to have to step up to contend in a full Big Sky schedule. In football, there a long ways off. The lower half of the Big Sky has been in kind of a lull the last couple years, so this is a good time to step in there. Noise though? That's a lot of dreaming for an average newcomer.

I am just saying just because we were in the Great West we are not going to be weaklings in the Big Sky but we could be title chasers even UC Davis if they turn things around there. I know UND could be a false contender since they haven't scheduled a full DI schedule but this team is showing promise by winning on the road and with young players. I don't know much about SUU's bball team in the Summit (maybe other fans of that league can chime in on them), but as for UND they are really showing maturity and have turned a program that hasn't done much since the 1990's into a conference winner(last season) and now a team that has gone 2-1 vs the Big Sky this year. Still a lot of work to do on those teams but it should be a good race in the near future.

Twentysix
December 6th, 2011, 11:05 AM
Please kick the **** out of UND for atleast 10 years.

darell1976
December 6th, 2011, 04:13 PM
Please kick the **** out of UND for atleast 10 years.

I know you love us.;)