PDA

View Full Version : Montana vs UNI - Official Thread

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

Mr. C
December 9th, 2011, 08:40 PM
Game, blouses. :)

Please give us Brawl of the Wild, Part Deux next Friday night.

NoDak 4 Ever
If you think that is bad, you should have seen the Mini Dome at East Tennessee State. I was there one night at the top of the dome, in the press box, when some squirrel got electrocuted and all of the lights went out. Scary place to be in the dark.

Oh yeah, forgot. You also have to be in freakin' Cedar Falls, Iowa to be in the UNIdump there. I believe Dante described it in The Inferno.

GSU Eagle
UNI has been killed by Sambrano's returns and UNI's inability to move the chains.

Mr. C
December 9th, 2011, 08:41 PM
Montana might have something to do with that..? (Maybe)

Sambrano, definitely on the return part. No offense to the Griz, who are taking prime advantage, but there has been some awful tackling tonight by the Panthers.

Are you texting from the stadium, like a good Griz fan?

CopperCat
December 9th, 2011, 08:42 PM
What the hell are they going to talk about at halftime? Oh yeah, probably the bracket.

Nope, talk about the Heisman and LSU/Bama. Stuff that we really care about at the FCS level.xrolleyesx

kdinva
December 9th, 2011, 08:43 PM
....you should have seen the Mini Dome at East Tennessee State. I was there one night at the top of the dome, in the press box, when some squirrel got electrocuted and all of the lights went out. Scary place to be in the dark.
I remember the father of a VMI player telling me the green 'rug" there smelt of urine....:pumpuke:

what will UNI do for adjustments?

Mr. C
Oh yeah, forgot. You also have to be in freakin' Cedar Falls, Iowa to be in the UNIdump there. I believe Dante described it in The Inferno.

I've flown over Cedar Falls. Didn't look that bad from the sky. My least favorite towns I've covered games in are Huntington, W.V. and Taft, CA.

Cleets
Sambrano, definitely on the return part. No offense to the Griz, who are taking prime advantage, but there has been some awful tackling tonight by the Panthers.

Are you texting from the stadium, like a good Griz fan?

I"m in Redmond...
where it's warmer and calmer and quiet and relaxing drinking some tea (and I'm not kidding)

SeattleGriz
Just wanted to say that Wa-Griz is an amazing place to put on the game, and they have not disappointed.

As a Griz fan, I am very proud and hope we can keep it up throughout the second half.

Go Griz!

kdinva
Nope, talk about the Heisman and LSU/Bama. Stuff that we really care about at the FCS level.xrolleyesx
you called it!

NoDak 4 Ever
December 9th, 2011, 08:44 PM

I gotta say, they have one of Archie Griffin's Heisman's in the Union at OSU. It's kind of cool just looking at it.

Mr. C
December 9th, 2011, 08:44 PM
I remember the father of a VMI player telling me the green 'rug" there smelt of urine....:pumpuke:

what will UNI do for adjustments?

I never knelt down on that rug to smell it.

The Panthers might start by getting back to some basic tackling technique.

GSU Eagle
December 9th, 2011, 08:45 PM
Time to put that bracket up there again and remind the viewers of the games tomorrow.

MTfan4life
Game, blouses. :)

Reps! Gotta love the Dave Chappelle in the middle of a game thread. :P Too early to call the game, but still a good laugh. xlolx

Cleets

I think they're COLD
It's tough to tackle in the cold (so I'm told)

NoDak 4 Ever
December 9th, 2011, 08:46 PM
A, I'm so sick of the term "Honey Badger"

B, I don't think there are two more hated people in Columbus than Kirk Herbstreit and Desmond Howard.

Mr. C
December 9th, 2011, 08:46 PM
I gotta say, they have one of Archie Griffin's Heisman's in the Union at OSU. It's kind of cool just looking at it.

I heard a story on the drive down to Georgia today on NPR about the first Heisman Trophy that belonged to Yale's Larry Kelley (Jay Berwanger didn't actually get the same award as all of the other winners, the trophy came in for year two).

NoDak 4 Ever
December 9th, 2011, 08:47 PM

Yeah, it's pretty piss-poor.....pun intended

GSU Eagle
Heisman-- who gives a damn who wins it?

Cleets
I heard a story on the drive down to Georgia today on NPR about the first Heisman Trophy that belonged to Yale's Larry Kelley (Jay Berwanger didn't actually get the same award as all of the other winners, the trophy came in for year two).

Hey Mr. C
Are you going to be at that Griz / APP State game next year..?

Mr. C
I think they're COLD
It's tough to tackle in the cold (so I'm told)

When I was a kid, it was always more fun to play football (and tackle) when it was cold. Of course it didn't get down in the 20s that often in Central California (and only snowed TWICE in my hometown of Fresno when I was a kid).

NoDak 4 Ever
December 9th, 2011, 08:48 PM

NPR.....nerd.

/first preset on my car stereo
/podcast almost everything

Mr. C
Hey Mr. C

Probably. I saw both of those teams in the opening game this season.

GSU Eagle
What are the odds that the first comment when they go back to the game is how loud Wash-Griz stadium is.

MTfan4life
December 9th, 2011, 08:49 PM
They mentioned something about him not liking the outcome of the Montana-Marshall title game in 1995 (though the rest of FCS did).

He mentioned about how he played his last game in Missoula in 1995. He said they were down 48-0 at halftime. I'm pretty sure that was Eastern Kentucky. It might have been Stephen F. Austin, but I think that was more of a blowout than 48-0 by halftime.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 9th, 2011, 08:49 PM
Heisman-- who gives a damn who wins it?

Pretty much everybody but us.

Mr. C
December 9th, 2011, 08:50 PM
NPR.....nerd.

/first preset on my car stereo
/podcast almost everything

NPR does some nice, off-beat sports stuff on most Fridays. Got tired of listening to all of the Albert Puljois stuff on the MLB channel and all of the Chris Paul stuff on ESPN radio, listening to XM Radio today.

MTfan4life
What are the odds that the first comment when they go back to the game is how loud Wash-Griz stadium is.

Halftime tailgating. It'll be two minutes into the third quarter before he says that. :P

Cleets
I don't think UNI is overwhelmed by the environment at all...
I think there is just a combination of a few mistakes and some guys being cold and not moving - they will perform better in the second half I figure

NoDak 4 Ever
December 9th, 2011, 08:51 PM
BRACKET!!!!

whew, 10 seconds?

GSU Eagle
There was the bracked once again.

Mr. C
Pretty much everybody but us.

The way the Heisman is decided now is pretty stupid and leads to the wrong guy winning it most years. Mr. C will be eligible to vote for the Heisman in a few more years (got to vote for the College Football Hall of Fame this year).

Go Lehigh TU Owl
There was the bracked once again.

I guess they don't feel the need to add "state".

GSU Eagle
December 9th, 2011, 08:52 PM
I think they should put the bracket up and say the pairings have been changed == Just to try to fool the viewers that there is something new.

Gil Dobie
December 9th, 2011, 08:52 PM
UNI players look cold and tenative

NoDak 4 Ever
December 9th, 2011, 08:53 PM
For the record, Joey Galloway and I aren't neighbors.

Cleets
December 9th, 2011, 08:53 PM
UNI players look cold and tenative

That's what I'm seeing too..!!!
Thank you Gil - I thought I was maybe going crazy - but that's what I'm seeing out there

GSU Eagle
December 9th, 2011, 08:54 PM
If it gets too dull the NDSU fans can start calling Ga. Southern cowards for not coming to the Fargo Dome. That will be good for at least 20 pages right there :)

Mr. C
A, I'm so sick of the term "Honey Badger"

B, I don't think there are two more hated people in Columbus than Kirk Herbstreit and Desmond Howard.

You know a nickname is horrendous when you don't know who the heck they are talking about. What is a honey badger, anyway? Herbstreit and Howard — hard to imagine they went to schools like Ohio State and Michigan. How did they ever get past admissions?

Twentysix
My favorite thing ever is being refered to as North Dakota.

Mr. C
December 9th, 2011, 08:55 PM
Is there an over-under on whether ESPN will show the bracket more times than UNI will score points tonight?

NoDak 4 Ever
I guess they don't feel the need to add "state".

Holy **** you have no idea how much that pisses off NDSU fans to call them North Dakota.

GSU Eagle
Just what in the hell is a honey badger anyway/

Mr. C
December 9th, 2011, 08:56 PM
Hey, you know that all of the people watching an FCS game tonight really care about that basketball doubleheader tomorrow.

Mr. C
December 9th, 2011, 08:56 PM

We're still trying to figure that out.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 9th, 2011, 08:57 PM

It's actually a real animal..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honey_badger

theasushow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r7wHMg5Yjg

for your viewing pleasure...

bojeta
Jazzed that this is being aired on ESPN HD here in CA. Except for a couple screw ups by the camera crew, it's been great!! Goooooooo GRIZ!!!

GSU Eagle
By the way we have a FCS playoff game right now to interrupt our discussion of the bball DH tomorrow and the Heisman discussion. We will get back to the Heisman talk as soon as we can.

catbob
December 9th, 2011, 08:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r7wHMg5Yjg

Mr. C
December 9th, 2011, 08:58 PM
Holy **** you have no idea how much that pisses off NDSU fans to call them North Dakota.

That reminds me of when my alma mater, Fresno State built its new stadium (Bulldog Stadium) on San Jose Ave. (our arch-rivals were the San Jose State Spartans). We had the name of the street legally changed to Bulldog Lane.

Mr. C
December 9th, 2011, 08:59 PM
It's actually a real animal..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honey_badger

I thought it was some stupid Wisconsin football player. Is Bucky Badger a Honey Badger, or some other sub-species?

GSU Eagle
December 9th, 2011, 09:00 PM
Luginbill looks like he is semi frozen

NoDak 4 Ever
December 9th, 2011, 09:00 PM
I thought it was some stupid Wisconsin football player. Is Bucky Badger a Honey Badger, or some other sub-species?

Bucky is actually an American Badger which is in the same family.

GSU Eagle
December 9th, 2011, 09:01 PM
And now let's remind our viewers of the bracket

Mr. C
December 9th, 2011, 09:01 PM
Hey Mr. C

Are you coming to Boone? I still have my place in the Appalachian Mountains.

Mr. C
December 9th, 2011, 09:02 PM
Bucky is actually an American Badger which is in the same family.

Maybe Honey Badger is Bucky's girlfriend?

Mr. C
December 9th, 2011, 09:02 PM
How many times are we going to hear that "Both of these teams are great at making adjustments?"

Mr. C
December 9th, 2011, 09:03 PM
Luginbill looks like he is semi frozen

Too bad his vocal cords haven't frozen.

Bison Fan in NW MN
UNI needs a stop on this drive.

GSU Eagle
UNI is about to just get anihiliated. I would not have thought it after the 1st quarter but Montana had taken complete charge of the game.

Mr. C
Montana is using its No. 3 running back, Moore, now.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 9th, 2011, 09:04 PM
That's just too easy.

Mr. C
December 9th, 2011, 09:04 PM
UNI doesn't appear to have made any adjustments on defense.

Twentysix
December 9th, 2011, 09:05 PM
UNI desperately needs a pick.

GSU Eagle
December 9th, 2011, 09:06 PM
Turn out the lights the party's over.

catbob
This is gonna get ugly folks. This game is over and I haven't eaten my pizza yet.

Bison Fan in NW MN
Grizz score here...it is over.

Mr. C
Sambrano is my player of the game in this one.

Another TD for Montana.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
If nothing else UNI is setting the bar pretty low for the losing teams tomorrow.

Twentysix
Goodnight uni.

theasushow
Gonna be 35-10 in about 25 minutes.

I lied....28 minutes.

GSU Eagle
UNI will just wilt away

eaglesrthe1
December 9th, 2011, 09:07 PM
This game is O V E R

Mr. C
Sam Gratten with the score on a nice bootleg and pass from Johnson.

NoDak 4 Ever
UNI desperately needs a pick.

They need the zeros to hit the clock and get the hell out of Missoula.

Cleets
Just wow...

Ugh

Mr. C
This game is O V E R

This is just the consolation game. This one was over when Montana scored with 30 seconds left in the first half.

Block-A
December 9th, 2011, 09:08 PM
I know App's yellow outfits aren't exactly great, but, damn, Montana, those are some ugly uniforms.

GSU Eagle
December 9th, 2011, 09:08 PM
Only SoCon teams (Wofford and Appalachian) seem to be able to go to Montana late in the year and make it a game.

Mr. C
December 9th, 2011, 09:09 PM
They need the zeros to hit the clock and get the hell out of Missoula.

I wonder if the charter leaves tonoght, or if the Panthers get to spend the night in Missoula (a fun place to spend a Friday night, BTW). At least they can get a good steak, maybe a Bison steak?

Mr. C
I know App's yellow outfits aren't exactly great, but, damn, Montana, those are some ugly uniforms.

Not as ugly as the uniforms from the Dave Dickenson days.

eaglesrthe1

Reminds me of the California raisins. I keep waiting for the Motown music to start.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 9th, 2011, 09:10 PM
Only SoCon teams (Wofford and Appalachian) seem to be able to go to Montana late in the year and make it a game.

Not this year....lol

Cleets

For any real Montana fan these are the only real uniforms - and they're even UGLIER (if you can imagine)

http://www.myuploadedimages.com/images/44931241712317148182.png

Mr. C

I remember a great game from Western Illinois, blocking a field goal attempt in OT to win in Missoula in 2003 (and then losing to Colgate in a blizzard the following weekend).

ST_Lawson
December 9th, 2011, 09:11 PM

Not exactly, but it's been a while (http://espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=233330149)

and we've mostly had a rough time even making it to the playoffs since

GSU Eagle
I would not surprised at all (in fact I predict it to happen) for Montana St. to win tomorrow at Sam Houston. One semi next weekend will be in Montana as they host MSU.

caribbeanhen
Montana 35
North Iowa 21

and it wont even be that close

wrong

Ivytalk
Montana sure looks dominant tonight.

MTfan4life

No offense, but aside from Northern Iowa, the MVFC members have been pretty successful in Wa-Griz in the playoffs. Please look into things before bragging up the So-Con.

Mr. C
December 9th, 2011, 09:12 PM
Reminds me of the California raisins. I keep waiting for the Motown music to start.

Careful now, some of us grew up with those raisins.

NoDak 4 Ever
For any real Montana fan these are the only real uniforms - and they're even UGLIER (if you can imagine)

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

theasushow
I really hope Montana State takes care of SHSU...set up an awesome semi-final. Kinda reminds me of ASU-Furman in 2005.

Block-A

IDK, that looks better than 11 bruises running around.

GSU Eagle
UNI seems to have crashed after the 1st quarter.

Mr. C
December 9th, 2011, 09:13 PM
I would not surprised at all (in fact I predict it to happen) for Montana St. to win tomorrow at Sam Houston. One semi next weekend will be in Montana as they host MSU.

I will be shocked if Montana State doesn't win. I told people last week that Stony Brook would give the Bearkats all they wanted.

GSU Eagle
December 9th, 2011, 09:14 PM
We have heard enought about Eastern Kentucky gettting drilled at Montana

JSUBison
Nice run Rennie. Uffda.

Mr. C
What a bad decision on the option for Rennie on third down.

GSU Eagle
This would might be 50 something to 10.

Cleets
December 9th, 2011, 09:15 PM
Just imagine how good this makes the UCA guys feel...!!!!

theasushow
December 9th, 2011, 09:17 PM
1 and 1/2 games in...Montana looks like the team to beat.

Mr. C
We have heard enought about Eastern Kentucky gettting drilled at Montana

Lugenbill missed the era when Roy Kidd's EKU teams were the power of I-AA, with four championship game appearances and two titles in four years. Only Youngstown State (three titles in four years) and Appalachian State (three in a row) have been more dominant for a four-year period.

bisonnation
Pansies pissing down their leg. Love it! pulling for the valley but if the pansies are going to lose. lose big!

Phrebert
December 9th, 2011, 09:18 PM
SAY GOODNIGHT GRACIE!!!

Mr. C
December 9th, 2011, 09:18 PM

I liked the stat last week that the Southland Conference is 0-for-Missoula in its history.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 9th, 2011, 09:19 PM
Man, they keep blowing those. Might be a different game.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 9th, 2011, 09:20 PM
Bracket!!!!!

catbob
Bracket... DRINK!

GSU Eagle
TIME FOR THE BRACKET AGAIN

Mr. C
Wow, a Montana punt. And time to show the bracket again.

Bear84

xnodx

Twentysix
Did you guys know there is a bracket?

JimRobitz
Its interesting that University of Montana players Houston Roots(@hollywood_roots) and Jabin Sambrano (@hellaboosty16) are playing tonight! They both have recently used the same offensive word in their own recent tweets as suspended Lehigh player Ryan Spadola. Since U of M's AD, Jim O'Day is the chairman of the FCS Championship Committee, you'd think he would impose his wrath equally. Of course, he barely punishes his own athletes who had to be tazed by police in Oct, or when players are charged with DUI's. It's a bit hypocritical of him to penalize others when he won't hold his own athletes accountable. Go UNI!

NoDak 4 Ever
Bracket... DRINK!

Wow. I wish it was a drinking game!

BisonBohl
December 9th, 2011, 09:21 PM
Would be nice if they could show the brackets, interested who else is playing in the playoffs.

Twentysix
Can you please ban the spadola trolls?

NoDak 4 Ever
Its interesting that University of Montana players Houston Roots(@hollywood_roots) and Jabin Sambrano (@hellaboosty16) are playing tonight! They both have recently used the same offensive word in their own recent tweets as suspended Lehigh player Ryan Spadola. Since U of M's AD, Jim O'Day is the chairman of the FCS Championship Committee, you'd think he would impose his wrath equally. Of course, he barely punishes his own athletes who had to be tazed by police in Oct, or when players are charged with DUI's. It's a bit hypocritical of him to penalize others when he won't hold his own athletes accountable. Go UNI!

Lehigh troll!!!

GSU Eagle
Who does Georgia Southern play tomorrow?

catbob
Wow. I wish it was a drinking game!

It is for me! :D

Twentysix
December 9th, 2011, 09:22 PM
Lehigh troll!!!

These lehigh fans are obnoxious racists. You would expect more from a pseudo ivy..

Mr. C
And wow, a first down for UNI.

The Eagle's Cliff
Did you guys know there is a bracket?

Yeah, and the MVFC is getting exposed! Youngstown, eh?!xsmileyclapx

BisonBohl
December 9th, 2011, 09:23 PM
Farley is thinking that if only they were home they would win this game...def the only reason Montana is winning is cuz their homes.

NoDak 4 Ever

Holy crap, I hope GSU keeps thinking ahead to NDSU and gets whipped by Maine

catbob
Bad decision to pick on Tru... xsmhx

Next bracket, or crowd noise mention, or EKU reference... DRINK.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
The hit took velocity off the ball? He over threw his wr by 5 yards.

Twentysix

Thats funny cause the team that is getting exposed beat a SoCrap team.

Mr. C
UNI still doesn't have a clue on how to contain Johnson.

GSU Eagle
December 9th, 2011, 09:24 PM
Are there other FCS games tomorrow?

BisonBohl
Oh yeah watch out Montana, this is when UNI will get dirty and chippy.

Bearwitness
Who does Georgia Southern play tomorrow?
You'll wish you were playing Northern Iowa...

Mr. C
December 9th, 2011, 09:25 PM
Farley is thinking that if only they were home they would win this game...def the only reason Montana is winning is cuz their homes.

UNI has never beaten Montana, home or away. Farley was playing LB in one of those loses.

catbob
Bad officiating... DRINK. hahaha

GSU Eagle
SoCon officials-- we are below our usual number of penalties. Time to throw some flags.

Twentysix
UNI has never beaten Montana, home or away. Farley was playing LB in one of those loses.

I thought UNI was 4-0 against montana? Must have had it backwards.

eaglesrthe1
December 9th, 2011, 09:26 PM
Shouldn't be a PF there.

Block-A
Bad officiating... DRINK. hahaha

xlolx

GSU Eagle
Time for fake punt Montana

BisonBohl

I know I was making fun of Farley, hes a douche and often doesnt know when his team is outplayed.

MTfan4life
December 9th, 2011, 09:27 PM
The Wildcat on 3rd and 1?? I hate the Wildcat especially with power running backs standing on the sideline!

Mr. C
Two punts in a row for Montana.

BisonBohl
Wow, what a punt.....Saftey time....

eaglesrthe1
Wow on the punt

Mr. C
December 9th, 2011, 09:28 PM
The Wildcat on 3rd and 1?? I hate the Wildcat especially with power running backs standing on the sideline!

It depends on who your Wildcat QB is. Matt Szczur was pretty good on third and ones for Villanova.

catbob
Crowd noise... DRINK

GSU Eagle
I really thougth UNI would make this a close game-- so much for that

Mr. C
December 9th, 2011, 09:29 PM
Is UNI even trying in this game? How about a few passes?

Mr. C
Wow, a completed pass for UNI.

catbob
I'm telling you guys, turn this into a drinking game, you'll thank me. Way more fun than watching this lopsided monsoon.

Bison Fan in NW MN
Montana's punter has had some really good punts.....pinned UNI deep in their own end.

GSU Eagle
December 9th, 2011, 09:30 PM
The onslaught is in on now

Mr. C
Of course, passing requires pass blocking.

BisonBohl
Pick 6 coming

Mr. C
Montana's punter has had some really good punts.....pinned UNI deep in their own end.

McKnight is a quality player, kicking and punting.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 9th, 2011, 09:31 PM
I'm telling you guys, turn this into a drinking game, you'll thank me. Way more fun than watching this lopsided monsoon.

I don't think I could be drunk watching this camera work

NDSUdonny
At times, UNI has got away with not playing that well and winning this year, but I don't know why they thought that would work tonight?!?!?!

Mr. C
Hopefully, the TV broadcasts on Saturday will be better.

catbob
I don't think I could be drunk watching this camera work

Is not so bad. ;)

GSU Eagle
Tomorow's games may be lopsided also. MSU might beat Sam Houston by a good bit. I think the GSU/Maine game will be the closest game tomorrow

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 9th, 2011, 09:32 PM
ESPN decided to show this game and SHSU-Montana State instead of GSU-Maine why?

Mr. C
December 9th, 2011, 09:33 PM
Why would they make a big deal of Trumaine Johnson being an AFCA All-American? Always a horrible team. He has been on a lot of other, more prestigious A-A teams in the past couple of years.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 9th, 2011, 09:33 PM
Hopefully, the TV broadcasts on Saturday will be better.

They better be, I'm shelling out the PPV prices.

MTfan4life
December 9th, 2011, 09:34 PM
Does Rennie spray Pam on his jersey before games and at halftime? :P

Mr. C
ESPN decided to show this game and SHSU-Montana State instead of GSU-Maine why?

Because some committee members decided that SHSU's undefeated season against a terrible schedule was worthy of the No. 1 seed.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
I'm amazed Rennie doesn't get hurt more.

theasushow
Hourly Chris Paul update...

JimRobitz
Georgia Southern plays Maine tomorrow

Mr. C
December 9th, 2011, 09:35 PM
A little too late for Rennie to start turning it on now.

GSU Eagle
If it turns out Montana going to Sam Houston Montana will stomp them into a hole

catbob
That hit by Hermanson should've been a PF per the other PF on UNI.

catbob
December 9th, 2011, 09:36 PM
Crowd noise sort of... DRINK... a half.

Mr. C
Georgia Southern plays Maine tomorrow

Can someone slays the trolls?

Block-A

More bad officiating, better drink!

theasushow
December 9th, 2011, 09:37 PM
Like Mr. C said...ESPN doesn't know that SHSU was a questionable #1 seed....they just know they ARE the top seed and therefore TV coverage will go to them.

catbob
More bad officiating, better drink!

I'm on it.

Mr. C
If it turns out Montana going to Sam Houston Montana will stomp them into a hole

I can't see Montana State letting that happen.

MTBison
Ok, I'll play.

GSU Eagle
Time for the bracket when the game comes back

MTfan4life

xlolx A form tackle. The other play was questionable yes, but it wasn't a form tackle where the player was a yard in bounds.

Mr. C
December 9th, 2011, 09:38 PM
Like Mr. C said...ESPN doesn't know that SHSU was a questionable #1 seed....they just know they ARE the top seed and therefore TV coverage will go to them.

The one comment that they made earlier was that Sam Houston State had an "explosive offense." I bet they couldn't even name one player on Sam Houston State's team.

Mr. C
December 9th, 2011, 09:38 PM
I'm on it.

How about a drink for every time our troll makes a comment?

Mr. C
December 9th, 2011, 09:39 PM
Rennie was down before the pitch. Hey, the SoCon guys got one right.

GSU Eagle
December 9th, 2011, 09:40 PM
I think Renie has had enough

Go Lehigh TU Owl
Rennie is one tough SOB. Lehigh kicked the crap out of him last year too.

catbob
How about a drink for every time our troll makes a comment?

Umm. sure why the hell not. NOthing to do tomorrow. :)

Dgreenwell3
I know I was making fun of Farley, hes a douche and often doesnt know when his team is outplayed.

You kidding me? Farley is a top notch guy along with bohl.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 9th, 2011, 09:41 PM
The thing that surprises me about UNI is their OL. You would think they're these bigm strong guys who can move but they aren't. Lehigh as able to dominate them last year.

Mr. C
December 9th, 2011, 09:41 PM
Let's see, if UNI scores here, it would be a three-possession game with almost a full quarter to play ... Can we hope for an interesting finish?

GSU Eagle
December 9th, 2011, 09:42 PM
Only suspense in this game is wondering when we will get the bracket up again or here again about the crowd noise at Wash-Griz

Twentysix
Holy **** guys im calling the scooter store.

Mr. C
Umm. sure why the hell not. NOthing to do tomorrow. :)

Remember, you have to be up about 10 a.m. for the Sam Houston State game.

Mr. C
December 9th, 2011, 09:43 PM
Hey, a Youngstown State reference.

Mr. C
You have to make that catch to get your team back in a game.

eaglesrthe1
Play action on 3-17? Yeah, I'm sure they bit HARD on that.

BisonBohl
December 9th, 2011, 09:44 PM
Only suspense in this game is wondering when we will get the bracket up again or here again about the crowd noise at Wash-Griz

Due for another bracket showing after the break is my guess...

Mr. C
UNI can't seem to come up with ANY plays when they need them to make this a contest.

GSU Eagle
UNI started out moving the ball but their offense has done absolutely nothing this half

Mr. C
Play action on 3-17? Yeah, I'm sure they bit HARD on that.

The strange thing is that it would have worked if the WR doesn't drop a catchable ball when he came back for it.

theasushow
December 9th, 2011, 09:45 PM
Bad Santa is on MTV FWIW.

Mr. C
December 9th, 2011, 09:46 PM
The thing that surprises me about UNI is their OL. You would think they're these bigm strong guys who can move but they aren't. Lehigh as able to dominate them last year.

UNI is normally known for its tough line play on both sides, but both the OL and DL have been mediocre tonight, including at least one All-American.

Mr. C
Bad Santa is on MTV FWIW.

Does anyone watch MTV anymore?

Twentysix
14 year old girls.

Mr. C
December 9th, 2011, 09:47 PM
Why get called for an illegal block in the back right now, Montana?

GSU Eagle
December 9th, 2011, 09:48 PM
We need more FLAGS

Mr. C
14 year old girls.

They should be watching FCS football like my teenage girls.

eaglesrthe1
At least UNI moved the ball enough to flip the field position.

GSU Eagle
SoCon refs

Mr. C
We need more FLAGS

The SoCon guys need their TV face time. "There is no foul for a block below the waste."

Twentysix
They should be watching FCS football like my teenage girls.

Pics. Assuming they arent 14.

catbob
December 9th, 2011, 09:49 PM
Were those calls good or bad? I was occupied.

Mr. C
And once again, UNI loses contain on a 20-yard run by Jordan Johnson.

eaglesrthe1
At least UNI moved the ball enough to flip the field position.

And then not.

Mr. C
December 9th, 2011, 09:50 PM

They threw a flag and then picked it up. The Gratten block in the back was just plain a dumb play at this stage.

GSU Eagle
UNI is ready to go home to Cedar Falls

catbob
Close enough. Drink.

Bearwitness
5 of Montana's 11 drives have started at their own 48 or better. 4 of Northern Iowa's 11 drives have started inside their own 7.

Block-A

Does it really matter at this point?

Mr. C
For our Montana fans: Has Jordan Johnson had any other games like this where he has dominated with his legs?

Twentysix
December 9th, 2011, 09:51 PM
When does the mercy rule apply?

GSU Eagle
time for a double reverse pass

catbob
UNI shell-shocked, dejected, defeating, demoralized. Catbob, drunk.

BisonBohl
This is going from bad to embarrassing...and fast

Go Lehigh TU Owl
TD Griz!

Mr. C
It looked like pass interference before Gratten hauled in the TD pass.

MTfan4life
December 9th, 2011, 09:52 PM
For our Montana fans: Has Jordan Johnson had any other games like this where he has dominated with his legs?

He torched Eastern Washington with his legs. 102 yards on the ground.

catbob
Does it really matter at this point?

I have to stay true to my drinking game!

Go Lehigh TU Owl
This game is starting to give me a little more hope for tomorrow.

RabidRabbit
OMG Panthers! TACKLE!!!!

Griz eating Panther meat well

GSU Eagle
O.K. Montana just run the ball into the line-- you have enought points

eaglesrthe1
December 9th, 2011, 09:53 PM
Farley must dread going to Montana. Like going to the twilight zone.

Mr. C
Things are so bad here in Savannah that they are closing up the restaurant. Bet they wouldn't do that for a Georgia Southern game.

LehighU11
Either Montana is looking scary good, or UNI hasn't gotten any better since last year's play-in game and is cracking under pressure at Wa-Griz. Rennie is just as overrated as I thought last year vs. Lehigh.

theasushow
December 9th, 2011, 09:54 PM
was this a 6pm local start time?

Mr. C
December 9th, 2011, 09:55 PM
He torched Eastern Washington with his legs. 102 yards on the ground.

I didn't see that aspect of his game when I was at the Tennessee game (his first start).

GSU Eagle
December 9th, 2011, 09:55 PM
You think any alcoholic beverages were consumed in the stands tonite at Wash-Griz?

Mr. C
December 9th, 2011, 09:56 PM
Either Montana is looking scary good, or UNI hasn't gotten any better since last year's play-in game and is cracking under pressure at Wa-Griz. Rennie is just as overrated as I thought last year vs. Lehigh.

Rennie did okay. He just didn't have any help.

Mr. C
was this a 6pm local start time?

Yes it was.

catbob
You think any alcoholic beverages were consumed in the stands tonite at Wash-Griz?

Probably not a lot, they check you fairly well, but with winter coats... ;)

But people started tailgating at like noon, so yea.

eaglesrthe1

I hope so.

BisonBohl
bracket drink????

Twentysix
Isn't breske the guy NDSU fired after 1 year?

Mr. C
Can we finish this thing up, so I can write my game story?

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 9th, 2011, 09:57 PM
Rennie should wave the white flag. UNI's OL is horrendous.

BisonBohl
Wow....wow

NoDak 4 Ever
Yikes

GSU Eagle
Man what an ***-kicking

cbarrier90
December 9th, 2011, 09:58 PM
lol can we just hand the trophy out now?

catbob
December 9th, 2011, 09:58 PM
Drink...