PDA

View Full Version : Lehigh at North Dakota State - Quarterfinals

Pages : 1 2 [3]

heath
December 8th, 2011, 08:12 PM
Do NDSU fans claim Lakesbison or is she equivalent to TheFan in Lehigh Nation? What an embarrassment. Hope to catch the game on ESPN3,-good luck to both and expect a semi vs GSU

TheBisonator
December 8th, 2011, 08:18 PM
Do NDSU fans claim Lakesbison or is she equivalent to TheFan in Lehigh Nation? What an embarrassment. Hope to catch the game on ESPN3,-good luck to both and expect a semi vs GSU

None of us claim him. Him going around the internet representing all Bison fans makes me a saaaaaaad panda.

LakesBison
December 8th, 2011, 08:19 PM
whatever.... Im speaking the truth..especially about this situation, he should of been suspended, and GSU fans dont want to come to fargodome AGAIN...
why would you be embarassed of that? the nerds are haters, i cant help their jealousy.

Dgreenwell3
December 8th, 2011, 08:20 PM
whatever.... Im speaking the truth.. why would you be embarassed of that? the nerds are haters, i cant help their jealousy.

Ever notice the people that use the word haters? They are usually the people with no argument.

FarSouthBison
December 8th, 2011, 08:20 PM
I thought every fourm had him blocked? If not they should, Lakes is a virus.

Professor Chaos
December 8th, 2011, 08:22 PM
LakesBison feeds off of those who acknowledge his idiotic posts and argue with him about them. He posts to get a reaction out of those of us who treat discussions on this board seriously. The best thing you can do is not respond to him. As I will not do if he quotes this comment. Besides, arguing with him about anything is as useless as putting a screen door on a submarine.

LakesBison
December 8th, 2011, 08:27 PM
farsouthbison for what reason? I speak the truth and back it up, i dont back down. sorry if you dont like that.

chaos, whatever, grow a pair and quit being a pussy

Dgreenwell3
December 8th, 2011, 08:29 PM
LakesBison feeds off of those who acknowledge his idiotic posts and argue with him about them. He posts to get a reaction out of those of us who treat discussions on this board seriously. The best thing you can do is not respond to him. As I will not do if he quotes this comment. Besides, arguring with him about anything is as useless as a screen door on a submarine.

Ah...I just don't understand the psychological aspects of the train of thought. Just doesn't add up but best advice I guess.

344Johnson
Once again,
Why do you have to act this way?

because he is right. And we are all wrong. Until we get the message, he will continue acting this way.

LakesBison
back to the GAME and off of me............

SO NDSU should be able to play backup's by halftime, I hope NDSU throws conservatism out the window and gets out to a 28-3 lead and ends this game early

Dgreenwell3
December 8th, 2011, 08:35 PM
because he is right. And we are all wrong. Until we get the message, he will continue acting this way.

Alot like serial killers those who act out are just looking for gratification out of those effected by their actions in a verbal or actual way. Its about attention. But hey ndsu needs to run that inside power play to perfection like they did against Indiana state.

BisonLakes
December 8th, 2011, 08:43 PM
NDSU has to play their game, plain and simple. It's a little like soccer, where a team gets a player red carded and ends up a man down for the rest of the game - the other team tends to press and ends up leaving openings for the other team to counter against. Just play our game, control the clock, protect the rock, pressure Lum and we'll win by a comfortable margin.

penguinpower
December 8th, 2011, 09:10 PM
NDSU line play is outstanding. Games are won in the trenches. I pick NDSU to win. NDSU coaching is outstanding. NDSU kids are cerebral players. They can win with less speed because of this great attribute.

DJKyR0
December 8th, 2011, 09:11 PM
NDSU has to play their game, plain and simple. It's a little like soccer, where a team gets a player red carded and ends up a man down for the rest of the game - the other team tends to press and ends up leaving openings for the other team to counter against. Just play our game, control the clock, protect the rock, pressure Lum and we'll win by a comfortable margin.

This. Lehigh is down one player on a team of over 40 - the game hasn't even started, so it's a bit early to write them off. Still like NDSU to win but by no means is this game a given with or without Spadola.

LehighU11
December 8th, 2011, 10:01 PM
This. Lehigh is down one player on a team of over 40 - the game hasn't even started, so it's a bit early to write them off. Still like NDSU to win but by no means is this game a given with or without Spadola.

This will be the toughest game for us all year. Key is whether Drwal has fully recovered from a hip pointer against Lafayette. Limited passes thrown his way last week. Lead RB Barket out for year. OLB Boyko separated shoulder is questionable. I'm still hopeful, but this will be no small task.

TwoFeathers
December 8th, 2011, 10:04 PM
I'm changing my pick to NDSU. I don't think Lehigh has a shot without Twitter-Dummy Spadola.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 8th, 2011, 10:06 PM
Does Lehigh have any other receiver with speed? I don't see how Lehigh can re-invent their offense in a matter of a couple of days. NDSU is too good of a team and won't have a problem with a one dimensional short passing team. They'll eat Lehigh alive.

MR. CHICKEN
December 8th, 2011, 10:11 PM

DOWN ONE......WHO ACCOUNTED FO' 1/3rd PASSING O..RECEPTIONS....ONE TD...&....4 CARRIES.....CLOSE TA 200 YDS....AGIN' DUH CRY BABY TAGGERS......AWK!

YEAH...DEY CRIED WHEN DUH HENS......SHOVED UH FURBALL.....DOWN..DEY'RE.. YAPS...TOO!

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 8th, 2011, 10:41 PM
This without a doubt will be Cecchini's toughest coaching test ever.

LehighGuy
December 8th, 2011, 10:44 PM
I'd like to point out one more instance of selective treatment. How did the TheFan get banned and not LakesBison?

FargoBison
December 8th, 2011, 10:45 PM
I'd like to point out one more instance of selective treatment. How did the TheFan get banned and not LakesBison?

Good question......

sgt smash
December 8th, 2011, 10:47 PM

Obviously because the NCAA runs this board and they all have bison jerseys under their suits.

Da Bison
December 8th, 2011, 10:51 PM

I'm all for banning Lakes..................for life!!

LehighU11
December 8th, 2011, 10:51 PM
Does Lehigh have any other receiver with speed? I don't see how Lehigh can re-invent their offense in a matter of a couple of days. NDSU is too good of a team and won't have a problem with a one dimensional short passing team. They'll eat Lehigh alive.

Senior De'Vaughn Gordon, 6'1, will supposedly start in place of Spadola. He's one of the fastest on the team. Came into the program highly regarded, with Coen expecting him to be a 3 year starter. Started all 11 games in 2009, with 34 receptions for 504 yards and 4 TDs. Only 6 catches last year, and he has 3 catches for 20 yards this year.

Obviously Drwal and Spadola have led to his reduced playing time.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 8th, 2011, 10:52 PM

LakesBison is an annoying a-hole. TheFan is a threatening a-hole. There is a difference.

Squealofthepig
December 8th, 2011, 10:55 PM
LakesBison is an annoying a-hole. TheFan is a threatening a-hole. There is a difference.

This. There's knowing how to walk a line, and there's being oblivious. TheFan was an absolute moron who probably should have been aborted. Lakes SHOULD have been aborted - but can provide just enough justification to be allowed to live, if just for the comedic and schadenfreude crowd.

Being a true troll does entail some skill, and while I keep encouraging people not to feed the troll, y'all keep feeding him!

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 8th, 2011, 10:58 PM
Senior De'Vaughn Gordon, 6'1, will supposedly start in place of Spadola. He's one of the fastest on the team. Came into the program highly regarded, with Coen expecting him to be a 3 year starter. Started all 11 games in 2009, with 34 receptions for 504 yards and 4 TDs. Only 6 catches last year, and he has 3 catches for 20 yards this year.

Gordon's claim to fame is the big reception he had against Lafayette in '09. I've seen him enough to know that he's not very fast.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 8th, 2011, 11:01 PM
This. There's knowing how to walk a line, and there's being oblivious. TheFan was an absolute moron who probably should have been aborted. Lakes SHOULD have been aborted - but can provide just enough justification to be allowed to live, if just for the comedic and schadenfreude crowd.

Being a true troll does entail some skill, and while I keep encouraging people not to feed the troll, y'all keep feeding him!

They are/were both quite adept and baiting me. Lakes reminds me of all the rubes around here to eat, sleep, and breathe Buckeyes but probably didn't graduate high school let alone get into OSU. TheFan was just a hot, deluded, mess. I found most of his posts quite comical in their detachment from reality.

LakesBison
December 8th, 2011, 11:12 PM
what is your guys problem.. .what the HELL did I do to ANY OF YOU. piss in your cheerios?

I just am telling the truth that Im glad this kid got suspended for CALLING TOWSON DBACK'S the N word. how is that wrong??

get a life all of you.. I have a pretty dam good one..

NoDak 4 Ever
December 8th, 2011, 11:16 PM
what is your guys problem.. .what the HELL did I do to ANY OF YOU. piss in your cheerios?

I just am telling the truth that Im glad this kid got suspended for CALLING TOWSON DBACK'S the N word. how is that wrong??

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2009/1/28/128776229149177379.jpg

ngineer
December 8th, 2011, 11:16 PM

As I suspected on another thread. Gordon, having been there the longest makes sense on the start. He's not as fast nor nearly as big and strong as Spadola. With Spadola's size, he is also a strong runner and was very effective this year on the reverse. Will be interesting to see if Drwal takes that over, or they let Gordon give it a shot. Probably only about 175lbs. Drwal is probably faster...He was an excellent quarter miler in high school from what I recall. Gordon, or someone will "step up", as Andy is wont to say, and make a key catch. The key is catching the ball. Spadola has great hands and has caught plenty in traffic and with acrobatics. Lum needs to be on target. I'd watch for the TE to be key--similar in Colgate game when they doubled up on Spadola and took him out of the major equation.
I'm sure OC Cecchini is burning the midnight oil revising his plan as we speak.

LakesBison
December 8th, 2011, 11:20 PM
NDSU had thier 2 of their top 3 wide receivers OUT FOR THE WHOLE SEASON ZACH VRAA, TREVOR GEBHARDT (with big TEX)

NDSU won 11 games without those 2 guys, you didnt hear us whining.

Bison Teach.. dude.. goto bed old man, I got shots to drink

TheBisonator
December 8th, 2011, 11:21 PM

I bet you don't....

LakesBison
December 8th, 2011, 11:28 PM
hhahahahhaa OK kid living alone in a 1 bed toronto apt. STFU

Vitojr130
December 8th, 2011, 11:32 PM
hhahahahhaa OK kid living alone in a 1 bed toronto apt. STFU

OCD?

LakesBison
December 8th, 2011, 11:33 PM
yea, maybe bisonator has OCD. sorry, I shouldnt of been so mean, but he started it. haha.

Vitojr130
December 8th, 2011, 11:37 PM
yea, maybe bisonator has OCD. sorry, I shouldnt of been so mean, but he started it. haha.

And how old are you? Lakes, you are the second rudest online entity I have ever encountered (TheFan takes the cake). You seem like the type of guy who should be trolling /b/ on 4chan.

Dgreenwell3
December 8th, 2011, 11:40 PM
but he started it. haha.

What are you 8? Because my 12 year old nephew punched a kid the other day and said, "But he started it!"....

LakesBison
December 8th, 2011, 11:50 PM
well. he did say " I bet you don't.... ' WHICH IS HILARIOUS!!

BisonBacker
December 8th, 2011, 11:52 PM
I'm all for banning Lakes..................for life!!

xthumbsupxxthumbsupxxthumbsupxxthumbsupxxthumbsupx xthumbsupxxthumbsupx

BisonLakes
December 9th, 2011, 12:16 AM

That's what makes it so curious - do you act the same way with your family as you act here?

The irony is that Spadola (and virtually all other student athletes on both teams, as well as the coaches) act with infinitely more class than you do, even with the language. Spadola got called on his behavior and owned up to it. You on the other hand kiss the women in your life with that mouth.

lehighfball
December 9th, 2011, 12:22 AM

I must have missed something. Did The Fan show up at somebody's front door ?

Side Judge
December 9th, 2011, 12:28 AM
I must have missed something. Did The Fan show up at somebody's front door ?

Virtually - yeah. TheFan threatened people. LakesBison, or BisonLakes, or whatever his name is has not. That's the difference.

lehighfball
December 9th, 2011, 12:30 AM
Virtually - yeah. TheFan threatened people. LakesBison, or BisonLakes, or whatever his name is has not. That's the difference.

How did he threaten people, I missed it. He annoyed the hell out of certain posters, but where was the threat?

Lehigh Football Nation
December 9th, 2011, 01:10 AM
http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2011/12/game-preview-fcs-quarterfinals-lehigh.html

We interrupt this discussion about TheFan with an actual game preview! xlolx

DJKyR0
December 9th, 2011, 01:10 AM
http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2011/12/game-preview-fcs-quarterfinals-lehigh.html

We interrupt this discussion about TheFan with an actual game preview! xlolx

It's hilarious that you get a picture of Danny Leuke right at the front. :D

SDFS
December 9th, 2011, 07:32 AM

Al Carlson does not agree with this statement. Fargo police had to check the guy out.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 9th, 2011, 07:38 AM
Al Carlson does not agree with this statement. Fargo police had to check the guy out.

Threaten people on this board, including the owners and moderators, that's why you get banned.

Threaten state legislators and you get a visit by law enforcement.

Both happened.

Houndawg
December 9th, 2011, 08:29 AM
Threaten people on this board, including the owners and moderators, that's why you get banned.

Threaten state legislators and you get a visit by law enforcement.

Both happened.

Too much time spent freezing in the dark.

darell1976
December 9th, 2011, 08:32 AM

Lakesbison has threatened me twice. Once in a PM here and once in a public post on CS.com.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 9th, 2011, 08:38 AM
Too much time spent freezing in the dark.

Here's a good idea. Have a point, it makes it so much more interesting for the listener.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l1pawwwKX71qbwpmi.png

darell1976
December 9th, 2011, 08:38 AM
Here's a good idea. Have a point, it makes it so much more interesting for the listener.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l1pawwwKX71qbwpmi.png

xlolxxlolxxlolx I love that movie!!

Thunderstruck
December 9th, 2011, 08:54 AM
Was RS on the Payton watch list at the beginning of the season, or was this his "break out" season?

LehighGuy
December 9th, 2011, 08:59 AM
BREAKING: LakesBison touched me in an airport men's room. Do we have enough for a ban yet?

LakesBison
December 9th, 2011, 08:59 AM
lehighguy.. thats cuz you got in the way between your sister and me. dammit!

cant you jealous fools talk about the ACTUAL GAME??

darell1976
December 9th, 2011, 09:01 AM
lehighguy.. thats cuz you got in the way between your sister and me. dammit!

cant you jealous fools talk about the ACTUAL GAME??

Can you actually post something that didn't involve calling names?

darell1976
December 9th, 2011, 09:19 AM
BREAKING: LakesBison touched me in an airport men's room. Do we have enough for a ban yet?

They won't ban him because its a joke to have people correct him and make fun of all the crap his says. You just have to correct the useless and false crap that comes from his computer and to make him look even more stupid than he is.

Thunderstruck
December 9th, 2011, 09:35 AM
Is the line still at -9.5?

darell1976
December 9th, 2011, 09:37 AM
Is the line still at -9.5?

5dimes.com still has it at -9.5

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 9th, 2011, 09:49 AM
Was RS on the Payton watch list at the beginning of the season, or was this his "break out" season?

He was on multiple preseason All-American lists to start the year. Last year he was 3rd team TSN AA after posting 78 receptions, 1130 yards, 9 TD's.

He's very much like David Ball from UNH. The Lum-Spadola connection is almost a mirror image of Santos and Ball.

CAS4127
December 9th, 2011, 11:44 AM

Put it this way. I recomended on Bisonville that all Bison fans who post on other forums should preface all of their posts with:

I disagree with Lakes and what he posts unless otherwise stated.

What does that tell you?!

Otherwise, 99% of Bison fans disagree with the suspension and would like to see Spadola play. As for our own players tweets, Coach Bohl/NDSU had better have came down on them HARD!!

Bottom line, Spadola, the Bison players, and virtually all college players for that matter, are, in the end, just young people who still make impulsive decisions. That's what I think Spadola did. I do not think he meant anything racist and just got caught up in the moment.

Finally, and I am serious. Spadola was and is ONE player, ONE!! I can not for the life of me think of an NDSU player that, if we lost him for a game, would somehow result automatically in a loss. We have played, and won, many, many games this year with several starters out of action. Even now, we will be playing Lehigh with at least two starters out (including one very good DB). In fact, we lost for the season 4-5 starters in the first 3 or so games.

I think Lehigh will be just fine, and I don't think the Spadola loss is that much of a game-changer.

Good luck to Lehigh, and, for those Lehigh fans coming to Fargo, please enjoy yourselves.

Pard4Life
December 9th, 2011, 11:52 AM
Though Spadola is just one player, how much does this affect Lehigh's focus and mentality entering the game? They are in a very harsh environment and college football is a sport where attitude and focus have more of an impact on the results than many other sports.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 9th, 2011, 11:54 AM
Put it this way. I recomended on Bisonville that all Bison fans who post on other forums should preface all of their posts with:

What does that tell you?!

Otherwise, 99% of Bison fans disagree with the suspension and would like to see Spadola play. As for our own players tweets, Coach Bohl/NDSU had better have came down on them HARD!!

Bottom line, Spadola, the Bison players, and virtually all college players for that matter, are, in the end, just young people who still make impulsive decisions. That's what I think Spadola did. I do not think he meant anything racist and just got caught up in the moment.

Finally, and I am serious. Spadola was and is ONE player, ONE!! I can not for the life of me think of an NDSU player that, if we lost him for a game, would somehow result automatically in a loss. We have played, and won, many, many games this year with several starters out of action. Even now, we will be playing Lehigh with at least two starters out (including one very good DB). In fact, we lost for the season 4-5 starters in the first 3 or so games.

I think Lehigh will be just fine, and I don't think the Spadola loss is that much of a game-changer.

Good luck to Lehigh, and, for those Lehigh fans coming to Fargo, please enjoy yourselves.

It is one player, but it's an incredibly HUGE one player. Spadola opens up the field because of his big play ability. Without him, Lehigh no longer has the ability to stretch the field. They need to use some sort of New England Patriots offense imo with short passes and a heavy dose of TE's.

NDSU is without a doubt a much deeper team than Lehigh.

CAS4127
December 9th, 2011, 11:55 AM
Though Spadola is just one player, how much does this affect Lehigh's focus and mentality entering the game? They are in a very harsh environment and college football is a sport where attitude and focus have more of an impact on the results than many other sports.

Agreed. How they play and otherwise react to this will tell us much about their attitude, intenseness and contstitutionality in general.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 9th, 2011, 11:58 AM

Going into the game with Spadola the biggest fear Lehigh fans had was was a letdown. The win over CAA Towson was huge and involved an enormous emotional investment. This is just adds to that.

Professor Chaos
December 9th, 2011, 12:11 PM
If losing one player, who isn't the QB, has such a huge effect on the capabilities of a team to win a game that team never had a good chance to win in the first place. If I'm a Lehigh player I'm even more motivated for this game because even their own fans are telling them they aren't good enough without Spadola and if they win they get Spadola back.

NDB
December 9th, 2011, 12:46 PM

This all depends on Lum. He's the leader and the person won't be seeing Spadola as he checks off.

I can't help but think that he'll have problems.

Lehigh Football Nation
December 9th, 2011, 02:07 PM
http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2011/12/breaking-down-north-dakota-state-fcs.html

Breaking down the Bison, and my Fearless prediction.

Just a hunch, but I think the Spadola suspension will mean a lot less than people think.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 9th, 2011, 02:27 PM
http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2011/12/breaking-down-north-dakota-state-fcs.html

Breaking down the Bison, and my Fearless prediction.

Just a hunch, but I think the Spadola suspension will mean a lot less than people think.

Fearless? Yes. High? Definitely.

BisonBacker
December 9th, 2011, 02:28 PM
I give him credit and think he did a nice job. I don't agree with his prediction but I'd expect nothing less from an opposing teams fan and kudo's to him for his effort.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 9th, 2011, 02:30 PM
Fearless? Yes. High? Definitely.

He picked Lehigh to win by 19 last week so take this for what it's worth. He got quite a few "whaaaaat?" as a result. I think any reasonable outsider would pick NDSU by 14-17 points.

FargoBison
December 9th, 2011, 03:25 PM
Only standing room tickets remain for the game....

LUHawker
December 9th, 2011, 03:32 PM
There is a lot to overcome for Lehigh to win this game. Starting with the fact that the Bison are damn good. The Dome noise is a big deal, while I think the travel is relatively minor issue; the game isn't in Washington State. My analysis of the Lehigh-Towson match-up was mostly correct. Lehigh's defensive strength against the run prevailed against Towson's running offensive strength, but Towson surprised me by making a couple of big passing plays against its weaker secondary. I don't know if NDSU has that same type of big passing play ability, but its offensive running strength will severely test Lehigh's defense. If it can hold its own here, we'll have a game. Long, grind it out drives will make it a long day for LU. If Lehigh's offense can not only strike for big plays but also eat some clock and give the defense some rest, we'll have a game. The absence of Spadola is a gift extraordinaire for the Bison, but I think we were going to see a lot of FB and TE pass plays anyway. Lehigh's top running back is out for the season and the #2 guy on the depth chart has done very well in his place, but I just don't see Lehigh running well against the Bison. Special teams works against LU. All that being said, we are bringing a Payton finalist and this team has had guys step up when someone was unavailable this year and I hope we'll see that again. I think Lehigh will score points, but not sure the defense can hold off a strong Bison squad.

Odds are against LU winning this one without Spadola, who is a game-changer, so I'm predicting 28-24 NDSU. I hope I'm wrong and that this year's version of Lehigh can shock the world again. Go LEHIGH!

Twentysix
December 9th, 2011, 03:34 PM
There is a lot to overcome for Lehigh to win this game. Starting with the fact that the Bison are damn good. The Dome noise is a big deal, while I think the travel is relatively minor issue; the game isn't in Washington State. My analysis of the Lehigh-Towson match-up was mostly correct. Lehigh's defensive strength against the run prevailed against Towson's running offensive strength, but Towson surprised me by making a couple of big passing plays against its weaker secondary. I don't know if NDSU has that same type of big passing play ability, but its offensive running strength will severely test Lehigh's defense. If it can hold its own here, we'll have a game. Long, grind it out drives will make it a long day for LU. If Lehigh's offense can not only strike for big plays but also eat some clock and give the defense some rest, we'll have a game. The absence of Spadola is a gift extraordinaire for the Bison, but I think we were going to see a lot of FB and TE pass plays anyway. Lehigh's top running back is out for the season and the #2 guy on the depth chart has done very well in his place, but I just don't see Lehigh running well against the Bison. Special teams works against LU. All that being said, we are bringing a Payton finalist and this team has had guys step up when someone was unavailable this year and I hope we'll see that again. I think Lehigh will score points, but not sure the defense can hold off a strong Bison squad.

Odds are against LU winning this one without Spadola, who is a game-changer, so I'm predicting 28-24 NDSU. I hope I'm wrong and that this year's version of Lehigh can shock the world again. Go LEHIGH!

Can you guys make 30-50 yard field goals? If yes, 42-6.

Vitojr130
December 9th, 2011, 03:35 PM

NDSU definitely is no stranger to the big pass in clutch situations. If needbe, it's doable. Brock is a fairly decent/balanced QB. Check it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3XO4QBO4iY

I know it's outdated, but it can happen... especially with Brock. I've seen it before.

Twentysix
December 9th, 2011, 03:36 PM
NDSU definitely is no stranger to the big pass in clutch situations. If needbe, it's doable. Brock is a fairly decent/balanced QB. Check it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3XO4QBO4iY

I know it's outdated, but it can happen... especially with Brock. I've seen it before.

Outdated? Brock wasnt even on the bench on that team.

Twentysix
December 9th, 2011, 03:38 PM
Woa i figured out how to link a facebook video, go me!
0:37 & 1:20

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?v=322633941097690

LUHawker
December 9th, 2011, 03:39 PM
Can you guys make 30-50 yard field goals? If yes, 42-6.

You lost credibility with this post. If this was your attempt at being witty, don't quit your day job for the comedian circuit. Was hoping for a reasoned, intelligent response.

Twentysix
December 9th, 2011, 03:40 PM
You lost credibility with this post. If this was your attempt at being witty, don't quit your day job for the comedian circuit. Was hoping for a reasoned, intelligent response.

I was being totally serious. And I take that as a you cant make fg's from 30-50 yards?

Bogus Megapardus
December 9th, 2011, 03:42 PM
This thread is approaching 30,000 views. Somebody, somewhere, obviously must care about this game.

Twentysix
December 9th, 2011, 03:42 PM
This thread is approaching 30,000 views. Somebody, somewhere, obviously must care about this game.

Nope.

LakesBison
December 9th, 2011, 03:45 PM
standing rooms only tickets on craigslist for $50/pop. and the beer is flowing at CHUBS PUB! LETS FREAKIN PARTY!!!!

LEHIGH61
December 9th, 2011, 03:49 PM
A list of tweets by North Dakota players using the same language has been sent to th NCAA. The NCAA should either suspend those players (quite a large number) or reinstate Ryan Spadola. I hope the NCAA does the right thing before tomorrow.

Twentysix
December 9th, 2011, 03:50 PM
A list of tweets by North Dakota players using the same language has been sent to th NCAA. The NCAA should either suspend those players (quite a large number) or reinstate Ryan Spadola. I hope the NCAA does the right thing before tomorrow.

Or realize they are black people talking to other black people, and spadola is not black? Lehigh fans are being broadbrushed as idiots, TheFan was obviously just the tip of the crybaby iceberg.

Lehigh Football Nation
December 9th, 2011, 03:52 PM
http://espn.go.com/college-football/schedule/_/group/81

The game WILL be carried on ESPN Gameplan!

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 9th, 2011, 03:58 PM
Or realize they are black people talking to other black people, and spadola is not black? Lehigh fans are being broadbrushed as idiots, TheFan was obviously just the tip of the crybaby iceberg.

Spadola is not a racist. Let's move on..

I think the reason the Lehigh fans are freaking out is because they know how big of a deal this is. This is a devastating blow on so many levels for the team and the program. This isn't Georgia Southern, App State, Delaware or Montana. Unless the PL adopts scholarships a team of this caliber likely won't come along for another 7-10 years. The realization that the season will most likely come to an end tomorrow is a tough pill to swollow for some.

With that said, maybe Cechinni devises the gameplan of the century, NDSU comes in over confident and Lehigh steals the game. The Hawks are going to need some help from NDSU.

Pard4Life
December 9th, 2011, 04:07 PM
http://espn.go.com/college-football/schedule/_/group/81

The game WILL be carried on ESPN Gameplan!

Great news, but unless you subscribe, it's $117 to order the game on TV! Being a tech savvy wizard that you are LFN, I bet you have a computer/TV hook-up... I need me one of those new fangled set-ups...

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 9th, 2011, 04:08 PM

LOL

Cry me a river, pal.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 9th, 2011, 04:12 PM

Honestly, I would not be surprised by a score like this.

If Lehigh cannot have some type of running game to keep the Bison defense "honest" it will be a long day for them. Our defense is better than Towson's D and the crowd is going to be awesome.

All-world WR or not, I was predicting a Bison win tomorrow and still feel the same way now. Bison win by at least 2 TDs.

Pard4Life
December 9th, 2011, 04:12 PM
The heart of the issue is not using the 'n' word per se (which is terrible anyhow), but directing towards the other team. Sportsmanship and image is their concern. On that note, you could argue that using such words as an athlete regardless of directing at another team warrants suspension since its disparages the student-athlete ideals, but I think that would be an internal disciplinary issue.

Twentysix
December 9th, 2011, 04:13 PM
Honestly, I would not be surprised by a score like this.

If Lehigh cannot have some type of running game to keep the Bison defense "honest" it will be a long day for them. Our defense is better than Towson's D and the crowd is going to be awesome.

All-world WR or not, I was predicting a Bison win tomorrow and still feel the same way now. Bison win by at least 2 TDs.

Most importantly it was the score of the NDSU Lafayette game, I think he missed that :D.

Pard4Life
December 9th, 2011, 04:16 PM
Spadola is not a racist. Let's move on..

I think the reason the Lehigh fans are freaking out is because they know how big of a deal this is. This is a devastating blow on so many levels for the team and the program. This isn't Georgia Southern, App State, Delaware or Montana. Unless the PL adopts scholarships a team of this caliber likely won't come along for another 7-10 years. The realization that the season will most likely come to an end tomorrow is a tough pill to swollow for some.

With that said, maybe Cechinni devises the gameplan of the century, NDSU comes in over confident and Lehigh steals the game. The Hawks are going to need some help from NDSU.

Lehigh would be facing a very difficult test tomorrow anyhow and odds are they would lose. Spadola is just one player and Lehigh's offense is prolific enough that you can plug in another WR and still do just as well. Lum has to make the reads. I would be more concerned about the team's focus and attitude.

If Lehigh loses tomorrow because they were not ready to play, then they just beat themselves. If Lehigh brings it tomorrow, then the absence of Spadola should have minimal effect... just like LFN says in his blog.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 9th, 2011, 04:18 PM
Most importantly it was the score of the NDSU Lafayette game, I think he missed that :D.

Ya, knew what you meant....

.....although that Lafayette game could have been 60-0.....just sayin....

Lehigh Football Nation
December 9th, 2011, 04:20 PM
Great news, but unless you subscribe, it's $117 to order the game on TV! Being a tech savvy wizard that you are LFN, I bet you have a computer/TV hook-up... I need me one of those new fangled set-ups...

That's what I'm going to be doing, the old Laptop-to-the-TV trick! :D

Either that, or just set up my office: one with the game playing, the other open for live updates. :D

Pard4Life
December 9th, 2011, 04:22 PM
Ya, knew what you meant....

.....although that Lafayette game could have been 60-0.....just sayin....

Nice attempt at revisionist history... aside from that gift wrapped touchdown at the end of the first-half, you would only have been winning 7-0 against a lowly Patriot League school. The rational voices at NDSU know our defense stood tall in the first half before you made adjustments at the half, and our offense was terrible. You are not going to just show-up and win. Teams that believe that lose.

If NDSU played like they did against Lafayette and Lehigh is focused, they will win the game, as much as I hate to say it...

Twentysix
December 9th, 2011, 04:23 PM
Nice attempt at revisionist history... aside from that gift wrapped touchdown at the end of the first-half, you would only have been winning 7-0 against a lowly Patriot League school. The rational voices at NDSU know our defense stood tall in the first half before you made adjustments at the half, and our offense was terrible. You are not going to just show-up and win. Teams that believe that lose.

No smack intended, was it adjustments or was it lafayette running out of gas?

Pard4Life
December 9th, 2011, 04:28 PM
No smack intended, was it adjustments or was it lafayette running out of gas?

Adjustments played their part, but mainly we ran out of gas because the defense could never get off the field... because our offense couldn't do more than three and out... because we did not look more than five yards downfield... which does not work against a bigger and faster team.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 9th, 2011, 04:32 PM
Adjustments played their part, but mainly we ran out of gas because the defense could never get off the field... because our offense couldn't do more than three and out... because we did not look more than five yards downfield... which does not work against a bigger and faster team.

I think what you said is why most Lehigh fans are so concerned. If Lehigh can't stretch the field they're in for a long day like Lafayette. Lehigh won't have much success dinking and dunking against NDSU. I could see them moving the ball between the 20's and then hitting a wall. It's conceivable they could rack up some yards but have very little to show for it. Anything over a 30 yard FG is an adventure which means good drives might not yield points.

Lehigh needs to hold NDSU to 24 points or less to have a chance. The two times they've faced MVFC teams they've given up 7 points. Hopefully that coincidence turns into a trend. :p

No_Skill
December 9th, 2011, 04:38 PM

If that happened the NAACP would get involved so fast it would make your head spin.

LUHawker
December 9th, 2011, 04:49 PM

No, I got it. It still wasn't witty.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 9th, 2011, 04:49 PM

If NDSU played like they did against Lafayette and Lehigh is focused, they will win the game, as much as I hate to say it...

Football is 4 quarters...not 2. That game could have been 60-0....period.

Pard4Life
December 9th, 2011, 05:00 PM
Football is 4 quarters...not 2. That game could have been 60-0....period.

Um... you just completely contradicted yourself...

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 9th, 2011, 05:05 PM
Um... you just completely contradicted yourself...

No sir.

Bison make very good 2nd half adjustments in almost every game. YSU game was alittle too late. But that game could have been a lot worse IMO....yes, my opinion. Some teams play well for a quarter or 2 but "fizzle" out in the 2nd half.

The Lafayette game could have been worse. Could the Lehigh game turn out the same way? Maybe, but I doubt it.

My point it that the Bison play all 4 quarters and Lehigh better be ready for a hard fought 4 quarters game. They will probably move the ball through the air but they need to score to win and the Bison have been very good defensively this year.

We'll see come tomorrow.

Bison by at least 2 TDs.

hawkineer
December 9th, 2011, 06:26 PM
If losing one player, who isn't the QB, has such a huge effect on the capabilities of a team to win a game that team never had a good chance to win in the first place. If I'm a Lehigh player I'm even more motivated for this game because even their own fans are telling them they aren't good enough without Spadola and if they win they get Spadola back.
Would Villanova won an NC without matt Szczur a couple of years ago? Me thinks not. So certain players other than QBs can have a huge impact on a team.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 9th, 2011, 10:48 PM
Little over 16 hours til kickoff!! Watching UNI tonight gave me a little more hope given the style of play in the MVFC and Lehigh's strengths. Still, it's going to be a tough road to hoe.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 9th, 2011, 10:48 PM
Would Villanova won an NC without matt Szczur a couple of years ago? Me thinks not. So certain players other than QBs can have a huge impact on a team.

NDSU is playing without what was arguably 2 of their best receivers all year. Things happen.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 9th, 2011, 10:50 PM
NDSU is playing without what was arguably 2 of their best receivers all year. Things happen.

I think it's somewhat relative because of the indentity of the teams. Lehigh lost their best RB and hasn't missed much because they're a passing team. It would hurt NDSU much more to be down a couple RB's imo.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 9th, 2011, 10:53 PM
I think it's somewhat relative because of the indentity of the teams. Lehigh lost their best RB and hasn't missed much because they're a passing team. It would hurt NDSU much more to be down a couple RB's imo.

A couple? yes. 1? No. I think Sam Ojuri is going to pick up for DJ quite well in the next few years. Just as DJ picked up for Pat Paschall. Circle of life, Bro

Squealofthepig

That's very true. The NC game in 'Nooga, the teams were pretty evenly matched, and then Szczur just started completely taking over. Yes, other players were involved, but the Griz couldn't find a way to stop him specifically, and 'Nova found enough ways to limit Montana's Mariani (another non-QB gamechanger) to keep the game close and get the W.

swaghook
If NDSU plays like UNI did tonight then Lehigh has a good chance. I personally don't see that happening. More like NDSU will be playing like the Griz so you better hope the hawks don't piss it down their legs like UNI did tonight.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 9th, 2011, 10:55 PM
If NDSU plays like UNI did tonight then Lehigh has a good chance. I personally don't see that happening. More like NDSU will be playing like the Griz so you better hope the hawks don't piss it down their legs like UNI did tonight.

A lot will depend on the teams pysche and their ability to loosen up the NDSU defense without any real deep threat. The defense is going to need to step up and the special teams must perform like they did last week and not the previous 11 games.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 10th, 2011, 01:01 AM
Lehigh Valley article on the game..snapshot of all facets of the game, score prediction and keys to the game from Lehigh's beat writer.

http://www.mcall.com/sports/college/lehigh/mc-lehigh-in-fargo-1209-20111209,0,6609820.story?page=1

FIVE THINGS TO WATCH

No.1 — Lehigh must stop North Dakota State's ball-control running attack, which Coen likened to what you see from Big Ten teams. "They come at you with power football."

No. 2 – Lehigh must keep NDSU out of the red zone because once there the Bison have scored 91 percent of the time.

No. 3 --- NDSU cornerback Marcus Williams has seven interceptions and averages 39.4 yards on kick returns.

No. 4 — Lehigh kicker Tim Divers, who was dependable at Towson by going 5-for-5 on PATs, needs to be reliable again.

No. 5 — The Mountain Hawks must minimize turnovers because NDSU (+15) thrives on them.

KEITH GROLLER'S PREDICTION

Lehigh will give a great effort, but loss of Spadola may be too much to overcome. NDSU 35-24.

Professor Chaos
December 10th, 2011, 01:51 AM
5-5 on PATs?!?!? ... The Bison are screwed! Lehigh's PK is so dependable!

Twentysix
December 10th, 2011, 02:30 AM
5-5 on PATs?!?!? ... The Bison are screwed! Lehigh's PK is so dependable!

Roflmfao. xlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaox

caribbeanhen
December 10th, 2011, 06:47 AM
Lehigh fans must be feeling a little better after the horrid effort from N Iowa last night....

caribbeanhen
December 10th, 2011, 06:57 AM

In attempt to build visibility of our level of football, I was giving my annual "who said there no playoffs in college football" water cooler pep talk at work... I said check out the Lehigh vs North Dakota State game (before Spadola) it should be a good one... the polite but not interested reply I got back was " Oh, Lehigh.... I've heard of them"

NoDak 4 Ever
December 10th, 2011, 07:02 AM
Wait Wait WAIT! What is with all the comparisons to UNI? Does anyone remember how NDSU beat UNI into submission? The freshman was playing in the 4th quarter?

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 10th, 2011, 07:13 AM
Lehigh fans must be feeling a little better after the horrid effort from N Iowa last night....

Meaning what exactly?

NDSU is going to play like UNI?

LOL......even if Lehigh had their all-world WR, this game would still be a 2 or more score victory for the Bison.....

caribbeanhen
December 10th, 2011, 07:15 AM
Wait Wait WAIT! What is with all the comparisons to UNI? Does anyone remember how NDSU beat UNI into submission? The freshman was playing in the 4th quarter?

frankly... No, we don't remember

NORTHERN IOWA NO DAKOTA ST
First downs 18 19
Rushed-yards 18-53 38-145
Passing yards 292 204
Sacked-yards lost 2-17 1-12
Return yards -1 3
Passes 24-39-2 22-25-0
Punts 3-42.7 3-39.3
Fumbles-lost 1-1 1-1
Penalties-yards 5-55 6-71
Time of possession 23:39 36:21

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 10th, 2011, 07:17 AM
frankly... No, we don't remember

NORTHERN IOWA NO DAKOTA ST
First downs 18 19
Rushed-yards 18-53 38-145
Passing yards 292 204
Sacked-yards lost 2-17 1-12
Return yards -1 3
Passes 24-39-2 22-25-0
Punts 3-42.7 3-39.3
Fumbles-lost 1-1 1-1
Penalties-yards 5-55 6-71
Time of possession 23:39 36:21

You were not at that game. The Bison fumbled the ball out of the endzone for what would have been another TD. Look at the TOP....enough said.

caribbeanhen
December 10th, 2011, 07:18 AM
LOL......even if Lehigh had their all-world WR, this game would still be a 2 or more score victory for the Bison.....

but we'll never know will we, thats the shame of it

hawkineer
December 10th, 2011, 07:20 AM
NDSU beat UNI 27-19. NDSU beat UNI into submission? The freshmen were playing in the 4th quarter? Seems like you caught a moderate to severe case of hyperbole.xrolleyesx

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 10th, 2011, 07:20 AM
but we'll never know will we, thats the shame of it

......and we have had numerous starters out every game this year.

If this kid was that important to their offense, then they are probably not as good as advertised.....

hawkineer
December 10th, 2011, 07:23 AM

If this kid was that important to their offense, then they are probably not as good as advertised.....

Again, think Matt Szczur and Villanova and 2010 NC. He AND VU were as good as advertised.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 10th, 2011, 07:23 AM
NDSU beat UNI 27-19. NDSU beat UNI into submission? The freshmen were playing in the 4th quarter? Seems like you caught a moderate to severe case of hyperbole.xrolleyesx

As I mentioned earlier...the Bison fumbled out of the endzone for a UNI touchback and our last drive we played it conservative and kicked a FG...wow it could have been 38-19...hummm!

caribbeanhen
December 10th, 2011, 07:24 AM

right, he was that important and without him they ain't that great, but still good

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 10th, 2011, 07:27 AM
Again, think Matt Szczur and Villanova and 2010 NC. He AND VU were as good as advertised.

I'm sure Lehigh fans will use this "card....excuse" now........

Spadola is one guy.....Lehigh will still have 11 on offense....not 10.

Our best RB has been hampered by a bad heel for 3/4 of the season.....wow, our 2nd stringer has come in and done pretty well.....

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 10th, 2011, 07:29 AM
right, he was that important and without him they ain't that great, but still good

Don't you think that Spadola's backup might come in and perform adaquately??

It is his time to shine....right? His opportunity to step-up....right?

hawkineer
December 10th, 2011, 07:30 AM
As I mentioned earlier...the Bison fumbled out of the endzone for a UNI touchback and our last drive we played it conservative and kicked a FG...wow it could have been 38-19...hummm!

Now it sounds like a case of the woulda, coulda, shouldas! You know when you're playing freshmen in the 4th quarter, you have to expect mistakes like fumbles and your coach to be more conservative!;)

hawkineer
December 10th, 2011, 07:34 AM
.....wow, our 2nd stringer has come in and done pretty well.....

And Spadola's backup will come in today a do pretty well. We'll find out whether or not playing "pretty well" is good enough against a team as good as NDSU.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 10th, 2011, 07:36 AM
Now it sounds like a case of the woulda, coulda, shouldas! You know when you're playing freshmen in the 4th quarter, you have to expect mistakes like fumbles and your coach to be more conservative!;)

NoDak is wrong about freshman playing in the 4th....I doubt he was even at the game.

Lehigh is a good team but 1 player doesn't make their offense click....Lum is much more important to their offense compared to Spadola.

It will be a good game. I'm looking forward to watching Lum throw the ball around. But our defense is the best that Lehigh has faced this year. He will get some yards...no argument from me, but I don't think your defense can consistently stop our offense and I think our defense will stop Lum enough times to get ahead and stay ahead.

tojo70
December 10th, 2011, 08:17 AM

Good point....this isn't hockey.....it's not like it's going to be 11 vs 10 men on the field.
Nut up and play the game!

NoDak 4 Ever
December 10th, 2011, 08:17 AM
NoDak is wrong about freshman playing in the 4th....I doubt he was even at the game.

Lehigh is a good team but 1 player doesn't make their offense click....Lum is much more important to their offense compared to Spadola.

It will be a good game. I'm looking forward to watching Lum throw the ball around. But our defense is the best that Lehigh has faced this year. He will get some yards...no argument from me, but I don't think your defense can consistently stop our offense and I think our defense will stop Lum enough times to get ahead and stay ahead.

I live in Ohio dumbass, of course I wasn't at the game but I watched it. Rennie went out with a leg injury and they had to play a true freshman, Jared Lanpher, in the 4th quarter.

DJKyR0
December 10th, 2011, 08:25 AM
Well, after catching about three quarters of the UNI game last night, it once again falls to NDSU to bring some respect to the MVFC. Business as usual.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 10th, 2011, 08:32 AM

NDSU isn't a "pile it on" type of team. It is a conservative, grind out the clock team. When I said pounded into submission I mean that the star QB was out, a comfortable lead was had (a quick scoring drive by UNI was absorbed) and they never trailed. That is a good win. It doesn't have to be 48-10 to be a decisive win.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 10th, 2011, 08:37 AM
I live in Ohio dumbass, of course I wasn't at the game but I watched it. Rennie went out with a leg injury and they had to play a true freshman, Jared Lanpher, in the 4th quarter.

If that is what you meant by Rennie being out and the RFR QB being in then you are right. I thought you meant that NDSU had freshman in and were playing them.

Plu, I'm not a dumbass pal. Look in the mirror, with some of the crap you post you are what you just called me.

Pards Rule
December 10th, 2011, 08:45 AM

Wish Shoop was playing that game instead of O'Neil...He has arm!

TheWatcher
December 10th, 2011, 09:02 AM
Fair points, Bison Fan, however, you must admit it is a tall task to replace an all-American who has accounted for 28% of his team's total offensive yards this season. Add to that the fact that Lehigh had precious little time to account for this and you have to acknowledge that this is a huge loss for Lehigh and it will be a factor in the game today.

One other thing is that with Spadola out of the game, it will allow NDSU to do things on defense that it might not have been able to do if it had to account for him on each play.

I'm a Lehigh fan, and I will not make excuses for what happens today. Lehigh is a very good team and they have been very resilient this year. I think they will adjust and play well. However, I think the absence of Spadola may end up costing them some big 3rd down conversions and some TD opportunities in the red zone.

The great thing is that we get to see what happens in six hours. Good luck to the Bison and I hope for an outstanding football game today from two proud universities.

I'm sure Lehigh fans will use this "card....excuse" now........

Our best RB has been hampered by a bad heel for 3/4 of the season.....wow, our 2nd stringer has come in and done pretty well.....

ngineer
December 10th, 2011, 09:09 AM
Good article by Keith Groller today in the Allentown Morning Call. His prognostication was posted earlier in this thread, which on paper, is probably realistic. But, as Coen says in the article, this team is VERY close, and as implied by Spadola's backup, De'Vaughn Gordon, this situation is making them closer and even more motivated. Adversity helps to reveal character, and I hope the team is able to respond accordingly. Sometimes, players put into such situations try "too much" to make something happen that backfires, and other times, they make the most memorable of plays and outcomes. Obviously we're looking for the latter. I believe the key, despite all the crap on this board about the Spadola thing, will be Lehigh's defense effectively stopping the Bison offense to relatively short possessions without giving up many points. The long, sustained 70-80 yard drives resulting in TDs will be killers. Bison's best strategy is keeping Lehigh's offense on the sideline. The fewer possessions will put more pressure on LU's offense to score. Other than the noise, playing at NDSU in a dome is much better than having to play a pass oriented offense outside where the physical aspect of the game is more affected. Lehigh has made a reputation over the years as the being the "Little Engineers That Could", and this is going to be one of the most memorable uphill battles won in our history. I'm picturing our stunning upset of Richmond back in 1998 with a last second field goal, 24-23 in the playoffs as I think of this game, though I think it will be a little more high scoring:
Lehigh 30 NDSU 27.

Good luck and health to both teams. I'm really looking forward to a spirited battle today!

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 10th, 2011, 09:19 AM
Fair points, Bison Fan, however, you must admit it is a tall task to replace an all-American who has accounted for 28% of his team's total offensive yards this season. Add to that the fact that Lehigh had precious little time to account for this and you have to acknowledge that this is a huge loss for Lehigh and it will be a factor in the game today.

One other thing is that with Spadola out of the game, it will allow NDSU to do things on defense that it might not have been able to do if it had to account for him on each play.

I'm a Lehigh fan, and I will not make excuses for what happens today. Lehigh is a very good team and they have been very resilient this year. I think they will adjust and play well. However, I think the absence of Spadola may end up costing them some big 3rd down conversions and some TD opportunities in the red zone.

The great thing is that we get to see what happens in six hours. Good luck to the Bison and I hope for an outstanding football game today from two proud universities.

Fair assessment and I agree.

But maybe your backup behind Spadola steps up today and fills his shoes adequately.

I agree with ngineer, it will come down to the Lehigh defense and if they can stop the Bison consistently.

Leaving the house here soon for the game......cannot wait for this game.

Looking forward to a good game and playing again next week...at home.xthumbsupx

Squealofthepig
December 10th, 2011, 09:21 AM
Good article by Keith Groller today in the Allentown Morning Call.

This looks to be Groller's blog - good readup: http://blogs.mcall.com/groller/

Gil Dobie
December 10th, 2011, 09:24 AM
This thread is so refreshing, JBB is making a shambles of CS.com.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 10th, 2011, 09:26 AM
This thread is so refreshing, JBB is making a shambles of CS.com.

I'm not a CS member but I can only imagine......yikes!

NoDak 4 Ever
December 10th, 2011, 09:32 AM
Good article by Keith Groller today in the Allentown Morning Call. His prognostication was posted earlier in this thread, which on paper, is probably realistic. But, as Coen says in the article, this team is VERY close, and as implied by Spadola's backup, De'Vaughn Gordon, this situation is making them closer and even more motivated. Adversity helps to reveal character, and I hope the team is able to respond accordingly. Sometimes, players put into such situations try "too much" to make something happen that backfires, and other times, they make the most memorable of plays and outcomes. Obviously we're looking for the latter. I believe the key, despite all the crap on this board about the Spadola thing, will be Lehigh's defense effectively stopping the Bison offense to relatively short possessions without giving up many points. The long, sustained 70-80 yard drives resulting in TDs will be killers. Bison's best strategy is keeping Lehigh's offense on the sideline. The fewer possessions will put more pressure on LU's offense to score. Other than the noise, playing at NDSU in a dome is much better than having to play a pass oriented offense outside where the physical aspect of the game is more affected. Lehigh has made a reputation over the years as the being the "Little Engineers That Could", and this is going to be one of the most memorable uphill battles won in our history. I'm picturing our stunning upset of Richmond back in 1998 with a last second field goal, 24-23 in the playoffs as I think of this game, though I think it will be a little more high scoring:
Lehigh 30 NDSU 27.

Good luck and health to both teams. I'm really looking forward to a spirited battle today!

He keeps talking about how cold it is. He should go back there in a month or so.

superman7515
December 10th, 2011, 09:56 AM
So wait, is this game still on, or is it on hold pending the Supreme Court outcome?

Engineer86
December 10th, 2011, 10:01 AM
So wait, is this game still on, or is it on hold pending the Supreme Court outcome?

Awaiting the Supreme Court, as in the playing field! xthumbsupx

Pards Rule
December 10th, 2011, 10:15 AM

Supreme Court will issue a decision unplugging the scoreboard, enabling team ahead to win.

Lehigh Football Nation
December 10th, 2011, 11:29 AM
Watching UNI/Montana and Montana State/SHSU, if quality of game were considered in terms of choices of TV games, ESPN gets an epic FAIL. This game and Maine/Georgia Southern can't help but be more entertaining games than these.

Lehigh Football Nation
December 10th, 2011, 11:42 AM
http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2011/12/lehigh-hurting-from-suspension-but-it.html

Lehigh players "hurting" from the suspension, but it could be a "galvanizing" event for them.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 10th, 2011, 11:46 AM
http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2011/12/lehigh-hurting-from-suspension-but-it.html

Lehigh players "hurting" from the suspension, but it could be a "galvanizing" event for them.

How they handle adversity the first time they see it will be telling. Last week they put together a 99.9 yard drive. Can they do that again today?

LehighLarry
December 10th, 2011, 12:23 PM
Let's Go Engineers!

LEHIGH61
December 10th, 2011, 01:22 PM
Go Lehigh -Show 'em Lehigh football. Win this for Ryan.

ngineer
December 10th, 2011, 02:01 PM
Supreme Court will issue a decision unplugging the scoreboard, enabling team ahead to win.

Lehigh by a hanging chad as the Bision "sioux" for a recount! (;-)

Leaving in a few minutes for Starters at the Bethlehem Municipal G.C. to watch the game. Everybody UP for the kickoff! GO LEHIGH!!

TheBisonator
December 10th, 2011, 02:16 PM
Let's GOOOOOOO BISON!!!!! ONWARD AND UPWARD TO THE SEMIS!!!!

LehighFan11
December 10th, 2011, 02:26 PM
No sir.

Bison make very good 2nd half adjustments in almost every game. YSU game was alittle too late. But that game could have been a lot worse IMO....yes, my opinion. Some teams play well for a quarter or 2 but "fizzle" out in the 2nd half.

The Lafayette game could have been worse. Could the Lehigh game turn out the same way? Maybe, but I doubt it.

My point it that the Bison play all 4 quarters and Lehigh better be ready for a hard fought 4 quarters game. They will probably move the ball through the air but they need to score to win and the Bison have been very good defensively this year.

We'll see come tomorrow.

Bison by at least 2 TDs.

Don't confuse good Patriot League teams with bad ones. This year's Lehigh team is one of the best the PL has had to offer. I don't think the Spadola suspension is that hurt full. It does allow NDSU to key on Drwall, but Lehigh uses may targets. RBs and TEs on screens are go to plays. Lehigh will make something happen on O as long as Lum has time to throw. OLine on the road will make or break it. Lehigh's D will do alright if they don't get worn down by NDSU power game. DeVaugh Gordon makes a few plays, but NDSU controls the ball and the game in the 2nd half. NDSU 27-20.

JohnG
December 10th, 2011, 02:35 PM
ESPN3 Streaming on the TV......check
Yuengling Chilling in the fridge......check

Yup I'm ready for the game. GO LEHIGH!

GtFllsGriz
December 10th, 2011, 02:42 PM
what ESPN gameplan channel is this on?

caribbeanhen
December 10th, 2011, 02:45 PM
ESPN3 Streaming on the TV......check
Yuengling Chilling in the fridge......check

Yup I'm ready for the game. GO LEHIGH!

is Spadola watchin with you check

TheBisonator
December 10th, 2011, 02:46 PM
what ESPN gameplan channel is this on?

I thought I heard 725 on DirecTV, I have no idea about other providers

GtFllsGriz
December 10th, 2011, 02:57 PM
How about Optimum? I ordered it for the one game and don't see it on any channel.

JohnG
December 10th, 2011, 03:01 PM
is Spadola watchin with you check

Ha... Ha.... Ha....

Remind me again, who is Delaware playing today? Oh yea that's right they're not. Go Troll somewhere else.

veinup
December 10th, 2011, 03:01 PM
i have totally avoided the controversy until this point... what position did mr. spadola play?

Squealofthepig
December 10th, 2011, 03:03 PM
i have totally avoided the controversy until this point... what position did mr. spadola play?

WR. But Lum is still the real weapon Lehigh has (at QB). Looking forward to watching him play!

GtFllsGriz
December 10th, 2011, 03:11 PM
Not on any of the Optimum ESPN game plan channels. That was a wasted 26.00. I guess the ND Senators are quite as pursuasive as the MT Senators

kardplayer
Lehigh takes over after a punt to the 1. What a way to start off! Of course, last week, they scored on a drive from the one, so they have that going for them :)

Go Lehigh TU Owl
Well Lehigh gets a chance for another 99.9 yard drive. They absolutely can't make a mistake here.

Squealofthepig
December 10th, 2011, 03:12 PM
Great Bison coverage there, but Lehigh's D gets credit for bending-not-breaking.

Pard4Life
Eh no big deal...

kardplayer
Not on any of the Optimum ESPN game plan channels. That was a wasted 26.00. I guess the ND Senators are quite as pursuasive as the MT Senators

You can listen on http://client.stretchinternet.com/client/lehigh.portal# while ESPN gets their act together

Engineer86
December 10th, 2011, 03:14 PM
You can listen on http://client.stretchinternet.com/client/lehigh.portal# while ESPN gets their act together

Not in a concrete gym unfortunately, keep the info coming please

Pard4Life
December 10th, 2011, 03:14 PM
Optimum is a waste.

Squealofthepig
December 10th, 2011, 03:15 PM
Three and out, but Lum didn't do anything stupid and stayed calm. Punt to the friggin' NINETEEN yard line of the Bison.

Pard4Life
Oh wow... a 75 yard punt... still four short of the PL record though...

kardplayer
As predicted, there's already an offside... but it was on NDSU and it's enough for a Lehigh First Down

Squealofthepig
December 10th, 2011, 03:16 PM
75 yard punt rendered moot on a Bison offsides. Lehigh retains the ball, first down.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
Big penalty.

Pard4Life
Annnnd the 75 yard punt doesn't count... it would have been the best of his career!

Pard4Life
As predicted, there's already an offside... but it was on NDSU and it's enough for a Lehigh First Down

I actually thought the guy jumped offside on second.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 10th, 2011, 03:20 PM
What a weird game so far. Hopefully he wasn't down!

kardplayer
December 10th, 2011, 03:20 PM
Lehigh Intercepted, NDSU Fumbles the interception, but NDSU recovers. Next play, NDSU fumbles, Lehigh recovers!

Ginsbach
December 10th, 2011, 03:24 PM
What's with all of the D-2 commercials on ESPN 3?

Pard4Life
December 10th, 2011, 03:24 PM
So which is the official game thread? I would kind of like to see this tread hit 200 though...

Squealofthepig
December 10th, 2011, 03:25 PM
Bracket! Drink.

Pard4Life
December 10th, 2011, 03:27 PM

Yeah, Lafayette isn't playing... what gives?!

heath
December 10th, 2011, 04:38 PM
not impressed with either team.Georgia Southern rolls next week by 14

Bogus Megapardus
December 10th, 2011, 04:40 PM
Meh. Lafayette played them better through the first half than have the Squawkers.

Bogus Megapardus
December 10th, 2011, 04:42 PM

Neither ESPN nor the the Media people at the NCAA know the difference between FCS and Division II. Nor do they care. It's best to continue to perpetuate the notion that FCS is a "division below" FBS.

semobison
December 10th, 2011, 04:44 PM
not impressed with either team.Georgia Southern rolls next week by 14

Ok...LOL...

hawkineer
December 10th, 2011, 04:51 PM
Meh. Lafayette played them better through the first half than have the Squawkers.

Good! You can hang your hat on that all winter as you remember the major butt whipping on November 19 at Goodman!

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 10th, 2011, 04:53 PM
I think what you said is why most Lehigh fans are so concerned. If Lehigh can't stretch the field they're in for a long day like Lafayette. Lehigh won't have much success dinking and dunking against NDSU. I could see them moving the ball between the 20's and then hitting a wall. It's conceivable they could rack up some yards but have very little to show for it. Anything over a 30 yard FG is an adventure which means good drives might not yield points.

Lehigh needs to hold NDSU to 24 points or less to have a chance. The two times they've faced MVFC teams they've given up 7 points. Hopefully that coincidence turns into a trend. :p

My worries seem to be holding up.

Go...gate
December 10th, 2011, 05:12 PM
Still a lot of football to be played.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 10th, 2011, 07:21 PM
Incidentally, I trolled over to the CS board. The_Fan took the loss like a champ. Didn't see that coming.