PDA

View Full Version : Stony Brook at Sam Houston State - Game Thread

Pages : 1 [2]

Cat79
December 4th, 2011, 05:01 PM
Shouldn't have to explain it over and over, but what's one more time?

SHSU did nothing in the regular season to prove to anyone that they were the best FCS team. The Southland is a very average conference, through which SHSU sleepwalked. The non-conference schedule was equally average (New Mexico would've finished near the bottom of the Southland).

This week you play the first good team of the year and I suspect the result will be what everyone expects: SHSU will be exposed for frauds.

Let's see you keep running your mouth that the Southland is so bad then how did UCA eliminate the Ohio Valley Champ and Sam Houston erliminate the Big South Champ. You will be eating your words if Montana State loses in Huntsville. I will state it now that Sam Houston has the team to defeat Montana State next. Both Montana teams are capable of losing on the road. :D You just have to get them out of their home field habitat.

Dane96
December 4th, 2011, 05:06 PM
Y'all ever considered Stony Brook was better than your typical "non-big FCS conference" team?

Extrapolating, which is forever dangerous...SBU did dominate its league and did in fact play a full scholarship FBS team pretty darn well. Further extrapolating, Albany with its 36 rides lost by less than ASU to Maine.

Just saying, that some of these leagues (PL, NEC, Big South) have some good teams that can play tough.

Does it mean that SHSU is a clear top #1. NO....but by saying it played a tight one vs. SBU so it must be a crap No. 1 is simply silly. Fact is, there was no clear No. 1 this year.

Nothing wrong with that.

gokats85
December 4th, 2011, 05:07 PM
Shouldn't have to explain it over and over, but what's one more time?

SHSU did nothing in the regular season to prove to anyone that they were the best FCS team. The Southland is a very average conference, through which SHSU sleepwalked. The non-conference schedule was equally average (New Mexico would've finished near the bottom of the Southland).

This week you play the first good team of the year and I suspect the result will be what everyone expects: SHSU will be exposed for frauds.

http://i508.photobucket.com/albums/s325/omglol69/Good-good-let-the-butthurt-flow-through-you-1.jpg

Engineer86
December 4th, 2011, 05:10 PM
Let's see you keep running your mouth that the Southland is so bad then how did UCA eliminate the Ohio Valley Champ and Sam Houston erliminate the Big South Champ. You will be eating your words if Montana State loses in Huntsville. I will state it now that Sam Houston has the team to defeat Montana State next. Both Montana teams are capable of losing on the road. :D You just have to get them out of their home field habitat.

Well it is not because you beat two teams from top conferences that put any fear in anyone in the playoffs. If we could play anyone in the playoffs, SHSU is it!

Cat79
December 4th, 2011, 05:22 PM
Well it is not because you beat two teams from top conferences that put any fear in anyone in the playoffs. If we could play anyone in the playoffs, SHSU is it!

Watch what happens to Montana State this week. They are not playing at home. The Montana teams have lost games out of their friendly confines. Sam Houston is now awake and up for the task at hand.

Engineer86
December 4th, 2011, 06:12 PM
Watch what happens to Montana State this week. They are not playing at home. The Montana teams have lost games out of their friendly confines. Sam Houston is now awake and up for the task at hand.

If this is true than the other half of the bracket is by far tougher!

Cat79
December 4th, 2011, 07:38 PM
If this is true than the other half of the bracket is by far tougher!

I have to agree with your assessment. Montana State had barely defeated 0-11 Northern Colorado by 10 points in Colorado this year. These guys have no reason to bash Sam Houston.

oceandogs
December 5th, 2011, 12:34 PM
Y'all ever considered Stony Brook was better than your typical "non-big FCS conference" team?

Extrapolating, which is forever dangerous...SBU did dominate its league and did in fact play a full scholarship FBS team pretty darn well. Further extrapolating, Albany with its 36 rides lost by less than ASU to Maine.

Just saying, that some of these leagues (PL, NEC, Big South) have some good teams that can play tough.

Does it mean that SHSU is a clear top #1. NO....but by saying it played a tight one vs. SBU so it must be a crap No. 1 is simply silly. Fact is, there was no clear No. 1 this year.

Nothing wrong with that.

This.

Good luck the rest of the way SHSU. Make Stony Brook look good!

Catbooster
December 5th, 2011, 05:26 PM
And, statistically, that's a good bet - in Southland/Big Sky matchups, the home team just wins almost every time. I gotta pull for the Bobcats and not the Bearkats, but that's only so hopefully we get another playoff game in Missoula, and despite how many times we've played, Cat/Griz has never happened twice in one year. And that's with a HUGE caveat that we also have to beat UNI first, which is definitely not a given - Panthers played well today.

We've played twice in a year before. 1898 was the first time we played twice. 1913 was the most recent year we played twice, unless I missed one in a quick scan.

Griz fans are usually good about remembering old records xcoffeex xsmiley_wix

Catbooster
December 5th, 2011, 05:27 PM
I have to agree with your assessment. Montana State had barely defeated 0-11 Northern Colorado by 10 points in Colorado this year. These guys have no reason to bash Sam Houston.

I'm having a hard time finding where these (MSU) guys are bashing Sam.

kingkat99
December 5th, 2011, 06:01 PM
I'm having a hard time finding where these (MSU) guys are bashing Sam.

Cause they haven't been...I'll say this after the last few weeks if I ever move to Montana my kids are going to MSU....Best part of the Montana Jizz dripped down their Momma legs...