PDA

View Full Version : Blue Hens Reunited Again

TexasTerror
May 21st, 2006, 07:12 AM
Did not realize the 'C' word is the Canadian Football League! :)

Nice story about former Delaware teammates reuniting and having some pretty good success in the process. These guys had their success in the I-AA ranks and are now trying to do the same in the AFL as they make a run at the Arena Bowl...

Nagy persuades Elliott to join him in Arena
By KEVIN TRESOLINI
The News Journal
05/21/2006

Before Matt Nagy could pass the football to Jamin Elliott again, he had to make a pitch to his former University of Delaware teammate.

Cut by the Washington Redskins last year, Elliott was exploring various options when Nagy got him on the telephone.

"We were keeping in touch and I gave him a buzz when I saw he didn't make the final cut with Washington," said Nagy, who quarterbacked the Arena Football League's Georgia Force to last year's ArenaBowl title game.

"He brought up the 'C word' [the Canadian Football League]. I said, 'You've got to come down here and try the indoor league.' I told him all the good things. Not many people know how good it is."

Elliott accepted Nagy's invitation and liked what he saw. So did the Force, which signed Elliott on Oct. 20

http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060521/SPORTS07/605210344/-1/NEWS01