View Full Version : Old Dominion @ Georgia Southern

Pages : 1 [2]

caribbeanhen
December 3rd, 2011, 01:50 PM
My guess is yes.

until the fumble

TwoFeathers
December 3rd, 2011, 01:50 PM
Wow, granted it's only halftime, but the Ga Southern fans thought this would be a blowout. Perhaps they overlooked ODU. Me included.

TwoFeathers
December 3rd, 2011, 01:51 PM
GSU leads in TOP by 7 minutes.

Run = more time
Pass = less time

bleedblue
December 3rd, 2011, 01:54 PM
I did not think blowout but I thought GSU would win by 10-14. Who knows now. I gotta think GSU's defense is better than the first half so perhaps GSU holds ODU to 14-17 points in the 2nd half. OR is GSU over rated?

cougarpines
December 3rd, 2011, 01:54 PM
Who ever gets the first stop wins Reminds me of the 2007 UD/Navy game

TwoFeathers
December 3rd, 2011, 01:58 PM
I did not think blowout but I thought GSU would win by 10-14. Who knows now. I gotta think GSU's defense is better than the first half so perhaps GSU holds ODU to 14-17 points in the 2nd half. OR is GSU over rated?

No, they are good. But ODU also has to try and stop that toss play, it's killing them.

cougarpines
December 3rd, 2011, 02:01 PM
Just did. Scored in 20 seconds

Blueandwhitefightfight
December 3rd, 2011, 02:02 PM
No, they are good. But ODU also has to try and stop that toss play, it's killing them.

Are you talking about the 3rd option or the rocket toss sweep? Good luck trying to stop either. You can figure it out but when you do we will throw a pass for 40+ yards and/or TD.

That's why the triple option works.

Blueandwhitefightfight
December 3rd, 2011, 02:04 PM
Nice holding on Brent Russell. I think this is going to be another game he gets his jersey torn off.

cougarpines
December 3rd, 2011, 02:04 PM
Finally a stop.Watch the fake

Blueandwhitefightfight
December 3rd, 2011, 02:09 PM
Alabama didn't even do this to our defense. We look lost on D today.

kdinva
December 3rd, 2011, 02:10 PM
Alabama didn't even do this to our defense.
.......and 'Bama claims to be a top 3, 1-A team?

kdinva
December 3rd, 2011, 02:11 PM
35-35.........I didn't see this...........ESPN now wishes they'd shown this game, instead of that Syracuse v. Pitt thriller, with about 22000 in Heinz Field.

inpsite1919
December 3rd, 2011, 02:12 PM
Which defense is going to stand up?

TwoFeathers
December 3rd, 2011, 02:12 PM
Is there going to be 100 pts in this game???

Gringer1
December 3rd, 2011, 02:13 PM
ODU receivers are pushing off on almost every TD reception without a penalty. Meanwhile GSU is called on back to back bogus interference calls. These refs have no idea what a foul is.

Blueandwhitefightfight
December 3rd, 2011, 02:14 PM
.......and 'Bama claims to be a top 3, 1-A team?

No because Nick Saban and his team don't talk about that stuff because they have class.

And they are a top 3 FBS team. The defense that I'm watching today, especially so far in the 2nd half in the last drive, is a different one than the one that showed up against Bama.

Honestly, that is the biggest weakness to our team. Inconsistency. That and fumbles. If we could fix those two things we'd be great.

TwoFeathers
And ODU finished what, 3rd in the CAA? Good thing Ga Southern didn't play any CAA teams during the regular season. May not have made the playoffs at all.

TwoFeathers
[QUOTE=Gringer1;1738840]ODU receivers are pushing off on almost every TD reception without a penalty. Meanwhile GSU is called on back to back bogus interference calls. These refs have no idea what a foul is.[/QUOTE

Oh here go the excuses already...

cougarpines
December 3rd, 2011, 02:15 PM
Where they from

TwoFeathers
Don't worry, the game has a way to go. Ga Southern is still going to win by 10. They come on strongest at the end.

Blueandwhitefightfight
ODU receivers are pushing off on almost every TD reception without a penalty. Meanwhile GSU is called on back to back bogus interference calls. These refs have no idea what a foul is.

I noticed that too. I thought they can push off within 5 yards. Some of the ODU recievers are pushing off 10 or 15 yards downfield. That's a penalty right?

Blueandwhitefightfight
December 3rd, 2011, 02:16 PM
[QUOTE=Gringer1;1738840]ODU receivers are pushing off on almost every TD reception without a penalty. Meanwhile GSU is called on back to back bogus interference calls. These refs have no idea what a foul is.[/QUOTE

Are you watching the game?

Gringer1
December 3rd, 2011, 02:18 PM

Did you not see the back to back interference calls that gave them a TD? It was insane.

Blueandwhitefightfight
December 3rd, 2011, 02:19 PM
And ODU finished what, 3rd in the CAA? Good thing Ga Southern didn't play any CAA teams during the regular season. May not have made the playoffs at all.

Who knows. That's why this game is being played.

kdinva
December 3rd, 2011, 02:25 PM
These are O.V.C. refs.

TwoFeathers
December 3rd, 2011, 02:26 PM
Did you not see the back to back interference calls that gave them a TD? It was insane.

Yes, those were good calls. Just because the crowd boos, doesn't mean they're bad calls.

kdinva
December 3rd, 2011, 02:27 PM

.........and the GSU SE's come close to holding the CB's on the sweeps........

soccerguy315
December 3rd, 2011, 02:27 PM
GSU PAT is blocked... might be the opening ODU needs to win.

TwoFeathers
December 3rd, 2011, 02:28 PM
My bet is Heinicke's arm gets tired before Shaw/Swope/McKinnon/Robinson, etc. get tired.

TwoFeathers
December 3rd, 2011, 02:28 PM
I doubt it will come down to 1 pt.

Blueandwhitefightfight
December 3rd, 2011, 02:29 PM
Yes, those were good calls. Just because the crowd boos, doesn't mean they're bad calls.

I agree with the 2nd one. The first was questionable. The ball wasn't catchable the first time. The 2nd one totally was and the pass int. call was legit.

insideout08
December 3rd, 2011, 02:32 PM
There's your stop by GSU on 4th and 1.

soccerguy315
December 3rd, 2011, 02:32 PM
ODU turns it over on downs... game is GSU's now as long as they keep scoring

veinup
December 3rd, 2011, 02:35 PM
GO ODU.

Tuscon
December 3rd, 2011, 02:43 PM
Way to save the game, ODU!

soccerguy315
December 3rd, 2011, 02:43 PM
big turnover... ODU back in it.

soccerguy315
December 3rd, 2011, 02:49 PM
GSU grabs the ball back on a fumble

TwoFeathers
December 3rd, 2011, 02:58 PM
Is that ballgame???

Blueandwhitefightfight
December 3rd, 2011, 03:12 PM
Is that ballgame???

No telling. We have a fumble problem. It's never over until the clock hits zero with us.

TwoFeathers
December 3rd, 2011, 03:13 PM
Now ballgame?

soccerguy315
December 3rd, 2011, 03:15 PM
55-41, GSU

2 minutes left... would say this game is just about over. Still a slim hope for ODU, but not much.

Blueandwhitefightfight
December 3rd, 2011, 03:16 PM
Now ballgame?

yep. that's a wrap. and it's looking like it's going to be GSU by 10+ unless ODU can come back and put up a TD in 2 minutes.

GSU1-A
December 3rd, 2011, 03:27 PM
I think ODU's coach is going to cry.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 3rd, 2011, 03:28 PM
I wish this Bobby Wilder clown would just shut up so Gameplan can get to the NDSU/JMU game.

gsu6trophies
December 3rd, 2011, 03:28 PM
ummm, kind of embarrassing by Bobby Wilder.

Blueandwhitefightfight
December 3rd, 2011, 03:29 PM
Seriously, sir? You lost. You made a damn good showing in Paulson and kept it very respectable. Keep your chin up, shake hands, and walk out as a Gentleman.

WMTribe90
December 3rd, 2011, 03:30 PM
ummm, kind of embarrassing by Bobby Wilder.

What's Bobby's beef?

veinup
December 3rd, 2011, 03:31 PM
good showing from ODU.

kdinva
Refs made the correct call on that final onside kick attempt.........and GSU needs to working on blocking the kickoff team on such plays. The ODU player who grabbed that onside kick is fair game to be blocked out of the way, so the receiving team can try to recover. I assume Coach Monken knows that.

TwoFeathers
100+ pts

AppChicago
Yeah, what'd Wilder say?

blukeys
What's Bobby's beef?

The gnats???:)

TwoFeathers
December 3rd, 2011, 03:32 PM
Wow, good game! GSU looking strong.

TwoFeathers
He was saying where he landed, not where the ball was touched. I'm guessing.

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
ODU's effort was outstanding today, they did not quit or lose heart. The Monarchs have nothing to be ashamed of today.

gsu6trophies
What's Bobby's beef?

Onside Kick. Replay on TV shows that it was clearly touched a yard short. These refs have been horrible the entire game, but they actually got that one right. ODU got some breaks. Not taking anything away from their effort. Great, nerve racking game. Heinicke is the real deal. Especially for a TrFr. IMO they got a few calls.

Edit: I'm not saying the game was close because of the breaks. Just saying that Bobby got some breaks and had no legitimate excuse to carry on that way.

furpal87
December 3rd, 2011, 03:33 PM
4th highest all-time points in playoff game (103); SFA-Grambling 59-56, Mont-SDSU 61-48, and NELA-Alcorn St 78-27 were higher.
GSU: 607 yds. ODU: 568 yds 1175 total WOW!!

Blueandwhitefightfight
Congrats to ODU for playing a really great game in their first play off appearance. You guys have a great future ahead. Good luck next year!

kdinva
He was saying where he landed, not where the ball was touched. I'm guessing.
that's all the "arguement" he has, and the rule is clear in high school, college, NFL, etc.

TheEagleWay
December 3rd, 2011, 03:36 PM
Respect earned today ODU.

phillies98
December 3rd, 2011, 03:42 PM
Congrats to GSU...heck of a game. couldn't stop the damn triple option but you had to play right up to end. proud of ODU, my guys played with hearts on field.

bleedblue
December 3rd, 2011, 03:46 PM
Great showing ODU. GSU is no joke, ask Bama(ROLL TIDE!!!) You should feel very proud and the rest of the CAA very worried. Triple option looked good today.

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 3rd, 2011, 03:56 PM
MVC officials suck. I hope that wasn't the best crew that that conference has.

xthumbsdownx

soulraptor
December 3rd, 2011, 04:23 PM
Great showing ODU. The team came looking for blood in Statesboro today, and gave The Eagles everything they could handle. Serious offensive production for both teams. This game could have gone either way. Looking forward to future meetings.

gasoutherneagle
December 3rd, 2011, 04:46 PM
Congrats to GSU...heck of a game. couldn't stop the damn triple option but you had to play right up to end. proud of ODU, my guys played with hearts on field.

+1 --Y'all played a hellova damn ballgame! Looking forward to seeing Old Dom again sometime! Awesome game!
xthumbsupx

straightshooter
December 3rd, 2011, 05:04 PM

I'm sure you know better than that.

Monarch History
December 3rd, 2011, 05:06 PM
Great game by both teams. My Monarchs had a great season and played pretty good for a CAA preseason #10 school. The future looks very bright for this young Monarch squad.

straightshooter
December 3rd, 2011, 05:25 PM
Great game by both teams. My Monarchs had a great season and played pretty good for a CAA preseason #10 school. The future looks very bright for this young Monarch squad.

ODU actually starts more seniors on O and D than does GSU. Future is bright for both teams.

Baldy
December 3rd, 2011, 08:13 PM
I believe ODU tied for 2nd, and I believe W&M was the "co-champs" last year when GSU rolled you by 17 in your own crib. Now, your so-called "champion" got beat by a Patriot League team at home. Shame...

eaglewraith
December 3rd, 2011, 10:14 PM
Wrong lack of defense. Nice try.

Well GSU was supposed to have speed but I'm not sure on what side of the ball? #66 is all man but that is all I saw last year in Newark and all I see today. Lots of double teams on #66.

Thank you for viewing Georgia Southern football today while your team sat at home.

We hope to keep you as a hater, cause everybody hates a winner.

elon77
December 4th, 2011, 07:55 AM
All I read during the week was GSU defense this, GSU defense that and how ODU wouldn't be able to move the ball like they did against Norfolk State. What?

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 4th, 2011, 07:56 AM
All I read during the week was GSU defense this, GSU defense that and how ODU wouldn't be able to move the ball like they did against Norfolk State. What?

Clearly Norfolk State's defense is better than GSU's, and ODU's offense is better than Alabama's. xreadx

Monarch Nation
December 4th, 2011, 08:54 AM
Clearly Norfolk State's defense is better than GSU's, and ODU's offense is better than Alabama's. xreadx

Wilder took his foot off of the gas about midway through the 3rd Q with Norfolk State. We had no such luxury against GSU.

OL FU
December 4th, 2011, 11:33 AM
It does seem clear that ODU is the most successful start up program since.......................well since Georgia Southern...........and that is saying a lotxnodx

Congrats to both teams

Lehigh Football Nation
December 4th, 2011, 03:03 PM
Recap of this game and the other second-round matchups:

http://www.college-sports-journal.com/index.php/78-college-sports-journal/david-coulson/131-fcs-wrap-up-refreshed-maine-stuns-appalachian-state

CC Eagle
December 4th, 2011, 03:37 PM
http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/12768116/gsu-vs-old-dominion?page=1

Reposting this from GSUFans. After listening to the back-and-forth all week, these are my thoughts about the buildup and aftermath of the game.

Eaglesrus
December 4th, 2011, 04:20 PM
ODU's offense was extremely impressive yesterday. I was certainly relieved when neither on-sides kick attempt went their way because they had proven multiple times that they could score very quickly. Just glad that our offense did what they had to, and that our coaches discovered Dominique Swope last year and convinced him to become an Eagle! Congratulations to ODU on the game and to the ODU fans who attended. You had considerably more at the game than most of our SoCon rivals bring to Paulson.

Blue Eagle
December 4th, 2011, 11:56 PM
Congratulations to the ODU Team & fans you were great! What a game! I said in the third quarter the team that wins the game will win the National Championship!

Your freshman qb is amazing. One of the best quarterbacks I can remember playing in Paulson in more than 25 years and there have been some great ones!

I predict ODU will win a National Championship before he leaves.

Hopefully, we can play y'all during the regular season. In fact, I wish you were in the SoCon!

GO EAGLES
"JUST ONE MORE TIME"

Playoff Record 42 & 11
6 National Champiuonships

GSUfootball
December 5th, 2011, 12:03 AM
I would also have to say hats off to ODU! Even though Paulson is not the most hospitable place for an opposing team, it was a great show of skill and ability against one of the best teams in the nation. There is definitely a bright future in this program.