PDA

View Full Version : Lehigh vs Towson: Non-Hater Version

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Clambake
December 5th, 2011, 07:25 PM
West apparently had a very poor 10 days of practice and his playing time paid the price. No one is bigger than the team, even in the biggest game of the program. Ambrose didn't hurt the team, West did.

Prior to Ambrose's return to Towson, ZERO student support. You PL guys should remember the empty stadiums. Ambrose is on campus lobbying the students all the time, and the record crowds of last year and now this year are a direct result of it. He made a point to include the students in everything. After Towson wins the team sings the fight song, since I was there. When the students rushed the field, they sang it with the team.

With the students behind the visiting team, our team running over there after wins caused several altercations. I think it could develop into a big problem if we keep winning. UNH didn't take to kindly when we ran out on the field befoer our game a couple weeks back.

Well I guess he deserves credit for getting the students interested. I can see how kids can relate to him. I wish the Lehigh students would show up for more than just Lafayette. I also thought it was a little strange that the honorary captain, Sean Landeta, led the Towson captains out to midfield by the hand, like he was walking a bunch of his little nephews to the playground. I think the Lehigh players were amused by the whole scene and I think it may have helped them. At that point, their mindset was "These clowns are more interested in putting on a show than the game itself". Towson has alot of young talent - if they adopt a more business-like approach next year and act lilke they've been there before, they could be one of the favorites to win it all.

ngineer
December 5th, 2011, 11:57 PM
West apparently had a very poor 10 days of practice and his playing time paid the price. No one is bigger than the team, even in the biggest game of the program. Ambrose didn't hurt the team, West did.

Prior to Ambrose's return to Towson, ZERO student support. You PL guys should remember the empty stadiums. Ambrose is on campus lobbying the students all the time, and the record crowds of last year and now this year are a direct result of it. He made a point to include the students in everything. After Towson wins the team sings the fight song, since I was there. When the students rushed the field, they sang it with the team.

With the students behind the visiting team, our team running over there after wins caused several altercations. I think it could develop into a big problem if we keep winning. UNH didn't take to kindly when we ran out on the field befoer our game a couple weeks back.

Yes, I see that as a problem. In fact there were a few incidents between TSU students and Lehigh fans over the vulgar chants because of the children the Lehigh fans had with them. Placing the student body behind the home team can be viewed as 'asking for trouble' as you're always going to have a few idiots who don't know where the line is. Regardless, I thought it was a fun atmosphere and I think our players really fed off of it, just as they will in Fargo.