PDA

View Full Version : 3 reasons why montana steamrolled montana state

biggriz
November 20th, 2011, 02:29 PM
Nice little B/R article I happened to run into this morning that does a nice job summarizing the griz/cat game yesterday.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/948446-fcs-college-football-three-reasons-why-montana-steamrolled-montana-state-36-10

Cleets
November 20th, 2011, 03:17 PM
Nice little B/R article I happened to run into this morning that does a nice job summarizing the griz/cat game yesterday.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/948446-fcs-college-football-three-reasons-why-montana-steamrolled-montana-state-36-10

That's a fun article... thanks for the link

344Johnson
November 20th, 2011, 03:49 PM
Is this the same Montana St. team as last year that struggled with bigger, more physical teams?

jmufan
November 20th, 2011, 03:52 PM
Will they struggle against UNH?

Grizzlies82
November 20th, 2011, 04:35 PM
Will they struggle against UNH?

I doubt Montana State will "struggle" against New Hampshire. However, I expect a close hard fought game. Yesterday MSU was destroyed by Montana, but MSU has talent on both sides of the ball and "could" play any remaining team close.

ALPHAGRIZ1
November 20th, 2011, 04:54 PM
I said it numerous times before the game that Montana State has great balance and are tough to defend BUT they do not match up with the Griz defense at all in any way. Many posts on their board and Facebook about the Griz winning this by 13+ I would tell you how much I made off this game but it would just make you sick.

Remember to always figure in the cat fans that lose bets and dont pay up............then compensate for it and it will make for a really nice Christmas.

biggriz
November 20th, 2011, 06:07 PM
New Hampshire/Montana State or UNI/Wofford should be the most competitive 2nd round games in my opinion.

bojeta
November 20th, 2011, 06:40 PM
Dang! I was hoping someone's earlier prediction of Montana and Montana State being in completely different brackets would come true. Was looking forward to a West vs West final!! :)

biggriz
November 20th, 2011, 08:18 PM
Dang! I was hoping someone's earlier prediction of Montana and Montana State being in completely different brackets would come true. Was looking forward to a West vs West final!! :)

Agreed, I would love a UM/MSU matchup in the championship, but it seems fairly likely the two teams could play each other in the semis. I think UM has a better shot of making it to the semis because UM should be able to get past Tenn. Tech or UCA fairly easily, while Montana State has a tough one right out of the gate with New Hampshire.

bojeta
November 21st, 2011, 05:20 PM
Agreed, I would love a UM/MSU matchup in the championship, but it seems fairly likely the two teams could play each other in the semis. I think UM has a better shot of making it to the semis because UM should be able to get past Tenn. Tech or UCA fairly easily, while Montana State has a tough one right out of the gate with New Hampshire.

I think you will meet in the semis and anticipate a Griz win, however, it's always tough to beat a team twice in a season. Remember when Cal Poly went up to Missoula for the first round back in `05? They better make sure they're prepared for a DIFFERENT Bobcat team. Goooooo Griz!

Walkon79
November 21st, 2011, 05:55 PM
If we can get over the Griz hangover and get past UNH, we've got a good shot to get to Missoula. Does the Divide trophy come back?

srgrizizen
November 21st, 2011, 06:03 PM
I think people are underestimating how hard it could be to win at SHSU. In the past, they've been OK on the road, but very tough at home.

BearIt
November 21st, 2011, 06:23 PM
If we can get over the Griz hangover and get past UNH, we've got a good shot to get to Missoula. Does the Divide trophy come back?

There's really only one trophy that matters at that point. You really shouldn't care about the Divide trophy.

MSUBobcat
November 21st, 2011, 06:35 PM
I think people are underestimating how hard it could be to win at SHSU. In the past, they've been OK on the road, but very tough at home.

If we happen to beat UNH, I would hope we don't overlook the the undefeated #1 seed in SHSU. However, I think our offense plays better when its warmer. That fumble by McGhee where he went to throw it and it flew out of his hand would have made me laugh hysterically if I were a Griz fan. Still unsure why a QB from TX didn't at least have the hand warmer pouch when I, having lived in ND and MT my whole life, was bundled up head to toe. xconfusedx

Grizzlies82
November 21st, 2011, 06:38 PM
If we happen to beat UNH, I would hope we don't overlook the the undefeated #1 seed in SHSU. However, I think our offense plays better when its warmer. That fumble by McGhee where he went to throw it and it flew out of his hand would have made me laugh hysterically if I were a Griz fan. Still unsure why a QB from TX didn't at least have the hand warmer pouch when I, having lived in ND and MT my whole life, was bundled up head to toe. xconfusedx

That play did make me smile :) :) :)

biggriz
November 21st, 2011, 08:14 PM
SHSU has a good shot, and not that it matters, but does anyone know the last time the #1 seed ended up winning the championship?

Cleets
November 21st, 2011, 08:26 PM
Villanova..?
Oh wait - probably App State

biggriz
November 21st, 2011, 08:40 PM
Villanova..?
Oh wait - probably App State

Sounds about right.

putter
November 21st, 2011, 09:35 PM
I want to give SHSU a lot of credit for going 11-0 but the Southland hasn't produced a solid contender since the McNeese team in 2002

Grizzaholic
November 21st, 2011, 09:56 PM
I want to give SHSU a lot of credit for going 11-0 but the Southland hasn't produced a solid contender since the McNeese team in 2002

THIS.

biggriz
November 25th, 2011, 04:41 PM
bump.

Cleets
November 25th, 2011, 05:47 PM

They sure get grumpy when that is pointed out...
You'll want to keep that on the DL

GridCaptain
November 26th, 2011, 05:43 AM
Bigger, Faster, Stronger.