PDA

View Full Version : App St's Williams Enters CFL

TexasTerror
May 17th, 2006, 05:44 PM
Nice two year deal with a player option in year three for Appy St's Richie Williams who is off to play in the CFL with the Hamilton Tiger-Cats.

On another note, Hamilton is looking to honor the I-AA champions of 2004 by stacking their roster with them in an effort to turn around their CFL franchise. Two former Mountaineers will greet Williams in Hamilton. Best of luck to him!

Williams to Join Fowlkes, Smith in Hamilton

by Appalachian Sports Information
May 17, 2006

HAMILTON, Ont. — Richie Williams, the holder of every single-game, single-season and career record for a passer in Appalachian State University history, will begin his professional career as a quarterback for the Hamilton Tiger-Cats of the Canadian Football League. Williams signed a two-year contract with a player option for a third year with Hamilton on Wednesday.

Williams, the 2005 Southern Conference Offensive Player of the Year, joins former Appalachian teammates DaVon Fowlkes, the 2004 SoCon Offensive Player and Male Athlete of the Year, and Wayne Smith, the No. 1 overall pick in the 2003 CFL Draft, as members of the Tiger-Cats.

A native of Camden, S.C., Williams threw for a school-record 7,759 yards and ran for 1,611 more during his illustrious collegiate career, making him the SoCon’s all-time leader with 9,370 yards of total offense. He also tossed a SoCon-record 59 touchdown passes and was intercepted just 22 times in 43 career games, including 20 touchdowns and only four interceptions in 15 games as a senior. For his efforts, Williams not only brought home SoCon Player of the Year honors but was also named all-America by three different media organizations and a finalist for the Walter Payton Award, given to the top player in I-AA, for the second-straight season.

http://www.goasu.com/?page=202&article=7962&fromPage=8

catamount man
May 17th, 2006, 09:48 PM
Best of luck to Richie. Nothing wrong with CFL at all.

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

WCUFLALUM
May 18th, 2006, 01:31 PM
Good luck Richie! Love to see dem SOCon boys careers keep going at the next level!

walliver
May 18th, 2006, 03:24 PM
I wish him the best of luck - he could well be the Michael Vick of the CFL.

I'm just glad he's no longer in the SoCon:)

OL FU
May 18th, 2006, 04:07 PM
I wish him the best of luck - he could well be the Michael Vick of the CFL.

I'm just glad he's no longer in the SoCon:)

:nod: :nod: :nod:

He was fun to watch though

catamount man
May 18th, 2006, 06:00 PM
[/B]

:nod: :nod: :nod:

He was fun to watch though

Except on November 12, 2005. When he took the first snap, cut right, and didn't get tackled until 42 yards down the field, I knew...I just knew.: smh : :D

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!