PDA

View Full Version : Could this be it for Tom Williams at Yale

bulldog10jw
November 19th, 2011, 03:53 PM
http://www.nhregister.com/articles/2011/11/19/sports/doc4ec814a65c9fc839662222.txt

The question now is whether Yale coach Tom Williams has coached his last game for the Bulldogs. Yale has started an internal investigation to verify Williams’ claims to being a Rhodes Scholarship candidate while at Stanford. One source said that Stanford officials have confirmed Williams’ assertion that he was approved to pursue the scholarship but multiple other sources have said that Williams’ job could be in serious jeopardy.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 19th, 2011, 05:21 PM
What a weird "Game" this year. The tragic accident before the game, and now this.

Wildcat80
November 19th, 2011, 05:29 PM
uhhh...I believe he has overpromised and underdelivered from day one. or at least from the first fake punt try.

Ivytalk
November 19th, 2011, 05:29 PM
Why is this issue coming up now? Didn't Yale vet Williams' creds before he was offered the job? Sounds like the alums are looking for an excuse to dump him.

bulldog10jw
November 19th, 2011, 05:54 PM
Why is this issue coming up now? Didn't Yale vet Williams' creds before he was offered the job? Sounds like the alums are looking for an excuse to dump him.

I think so, too. And I don't like it. I think you give a coach 5 years to pile up his own recruits and his own style, then you evaluate.

Ivytalk
November 19th, 2011, 06:11 PM
I think so, too. And I don't like it. I think you give a coach 5 years to pile up his own recruits and his own style, then you evaluate.

Exactly. Harvard's senior class will be gone next year, and Williams will have an honest shot with a fresh crop of kids. He lost his first two Harvard games by a total of 11 points, and he could have won them both.

Harvard Worship
November 20th, 2011, 02:01 AM
He lost his first two Harvard games by a total of 11 points, and he could have won them both.

Yes -- in fact he should have won at least one of them. If they do fire him, it should be for that go-for-it-on-4th-and-22-while-deep-in-your-own-end-WITH-THE-LEAD call and not for any "I said I was a Rhodes Scholar candidate and as it turns out I was only given the green light to be a candidate" shenanigans. It's not like that had any effect on the decision to hire him.

Wildcat80
November 20th, 2011, 07:03 AM

Silly excuse...just fire him cause he did not win.