PDA

View Full Version : Socon facepalm thread

Reign of Terrier
November 19th, 2011, 02:52 PM
not much more needs to be said....

post comments here

Eagle22
November 19th, 2011, 03:05 PM
From what I've seen, GSU is accounting themselves okay given their opponent.

Reign of Terrier
November 19th, 2011, 03:07 PM
Wofford's losing 24-14 and ASU is losing 21-7....our playoff teams may not be playoff teams. I'm quite disappointed

AppChicago
November 19th, 2011, 03:07 PM
I think all of the teams playing SEC squads today have done/are doing remarkably well. I'm not sure why we're facepalming... (Though Wofford and App are sure trying their best to poop the bed.)

Reign of Terrier
November 19th, 2011, 03:08 PM
I think all of the teams playing SEC squads today have done/are doing remarkably well. I'm not sure why we're facepalming... (Though Wofford and App are sure trying their best to poop the bed.)
I think Wofford may have :/

JmuSkinsfan
November 19th, 2011, 03:09 PM
This thread should read: SoCon/MVFC facepalm ...

JMU fans thank thank you.

frozennorth
November 19th, 2011, 03:10 PM
App has 7 d1 wins already, right?

GSU Eagle
November 19th, 2011, 03:11 PM
31-21 Alabama. GSU 99 yard kickoff return for TD

Reign of Terrier
November 19th, 2011, 03:11 PM
App has 7 d1 wins already, right?
yes.

I'm really disappointed in Wofford if anyone could tell

AppChicago
November 19th, 2011, 03:13 PM
Woff@Chatty's not over, is it? My board says there's still plenty of time to play, and those dudes are choke artists. Have faith.

Squealofthepig
November 19th, 2011, 03:14 PM
Just to pipe up for Georgia Southern, they've put as many points on Alabama as anyone has this season (only Arkansas had 14 against them previously). And Alabama AVERAGES an allowance of 7.1 points per game.

Alabama may be resting some position players/starters, but that is one heckuva performance and does the FCS and the SoCon proud.

Reign of Terrier
November 19th, 2011, 03:15 PM
Woff@Chatty's not over, is it? My board says there's still plenty of time to play, and those dudes are choke artists. Have faith.

27-14 in the fourth I think....I'm not listening to it for the sake of not breaking things and superstitiously we've played better when I didn't listen

FargoBison
November 19th, 2011, 03:15 PM
not much more needs to be said....

post comments here

The MVFC might be pulling the same crap. YSU loses to MSU and ISUb is down seven to SIU.

Squealofthepig
November 19th, 2011, 03:17 PM
The MVFC might be pulling the same crap. YSU loses to MSU and ISUb is down seven to SIU.

What if we threw a playoff and no one came?

I'm just gonna be using a dartboard or maybe a Mystic Chicken to do my poll after today's developments.

AppChicago
November 19th, 2011, 03:20 PM
Just to pipe up for Georgia Southern, they've put as many points on Alabama as anyone has this season (only Arkansas had 14 against them previously). And Alabama AVERAGES an allowance of 7.1 points per game.

Alabama may be resting some position players/starters, but that is one heckuva performance and does the FCS and the SoCon proud.

Damn straight. Meanwhile, El Cid, who has had a rough season, hung more points on USC than Kentucky, Florida, and Tennessee combined. Meanwhile, FU has hung more points on Florida than anyone this season, besides Bama and LSU.

Reign of Terrier
November 19th, 2011, 03:20 PM
27-21 UTC with 8+ left

Squealofthepig
November 19th, 2011, 03:41 PM
27-21 UTC with 8+ left

Hey pal, you already threw your team under the bus when you STARTED this thread and revealed what type of fan you are. :)

Reign of Terrier
November 19th, 2011, 03:44 PM
28-27 Wofford wins. Jesus, I'm a horrible fan. I apologize to them

AppChicago
November 19th, 2011, 03:46 PM
Wofford 28 @ Chatty 27: This has been a popular outcome for the Mocs this year, so they'll want to squeeze in one more before the season ends.

That's perfect. Chatty loses to Wofford, El Cid, and GaSouthern by that exact score.

molly
November 19th, 2011, 03:46 PM
Of course Chatty loses 28-27.

Squealofthepig
November 19th, 2011, 03:47 PM

No worries - frustration, it's understandable. I hope Wofford can make the comeback just so we don't have to debate which 6-5 or 7-4 with 6 D 1 wins gets in the playoffs.

Reign of Terrier
November 19th, 2011, 03:48 PM
They probably are the best 5-6 team in FCS history....the Socon is pretty tough

JMUNJ08
November 19th, 2011, 03:50 PM
They probably are the best 5-6 team in FCS history....the Socon is pretty tough

I thought the conference pooped the bed?

Reign of Terrier
November 19th, 2011, 03:52 PM
I thought the conference pooped the bed?

we were in the process of doing so

Reign of Terrier
November 19th, 2011, 04:00 PM
Where's the Fan?....he said some unkind words to me earlier (the Mods erased it) and I was going to take this loss and talk less....but now I just want to hear his opinion :D

JmuSkinsfan
November 19th, 2011, 04:14 PM
Man ... if Indiana State had held on to beat SIU ... I'd have some serious issues with UTC blowing that lead since it would push JMU further from the playoffs ... but ... thank you Missouri State and Southern Illinois for pulling the major upsets today.

UNIFanSince1983
November 19th, 2011, 04:14 PM
Well the Valley took a BM in their collective beds today...

Reign of Terrier
November 19th, 2011, 04:16 PM
Man ... if Indiana State had held on to beat SIU ... I'd have some serious issues with UTC blowing that lead since it would push JMU further from the playoffs ... but ... thank you Missouri State and Southern Illinois for pulling the major upsets today.

JMU is in. I would think they'll host a first round game at worst

BucBisonAtLarge
November 19th, 2011, 04:40 PM
The SoCon has been awesome today in the trenches with the SEC. I really admire the performances across the board, Whatever the outcome of ASU/Elon, this has been a really entertaining season to follow. Anyone left out of the playoffs above WCU in the standings has got to be disappointed. Congratulations.

MTfan4life
November 19th, 2011, 05:49 PM
Where's the Fan?....he said some unkind words to me earlier (the Mods erased it) and I was going to take this loss and talk less....but now I just want to hear his opinion :D

Montana State lost, so he'll be doing what he did last week to NDSU to them. He hates enough teams that he gets a chance to rag on someone each week.

Nice comeback by the terriers to stay in the playoffs! Now that I've seen the scores, I was confused by the title of the thread, but now i get it. haha

ASUMountaineer
November 19th, 2011, 06:57 PM

Wow, impressive call.

ASUMountaineer
November 19th, 2011, 06:58 PM

How many times does this have to happen to Chatty. That's hilarious.

SpeedkingATL
November 19th, 2011, 07:32 PM
Nice combacks Wofford and Apps. Hopefully a weekend off in the playoffs for both.

longtimemocfan
November 19th, 2011, 10:21 PM
Yes, 3 losses by 28-27. Ironically were all to triple option teams. B.J. Coleman ends career by throwing 3 more pics. Yes I agree the choke label is deserving. Until we can learn to win a big game that's what we'll be.

longtimemocfan
November 19th, 2011, 10:22 PM
Even Terrell Owens was on hand to see this.

AppChicago
November 19th, 2011, 11:01 PM
Wow, impressive call.

Thanks! I'm happy to say that I called the outcome and the score in the predictions/power rankings thread, too. But I can take no credit. Chatty makes this too easy (with all due respect).

ASUG8
November 19th, 2011, 11:59 PM
YT -
Write it down, now. Wait :30 minutes before you post a thread like this. xeyebrowx xlolx

eaglewraith
November 20th, 2011, 12:42 AM

Bama was out like 6 guys I think, mainly Nose Guards due to sickness or injury. There were also some suspensions for discipline issues.

Other than that their starters stayed in THE.WHOLE.GAME. The only two players to come out were Maze and Richardson on their last TD drive but that's mainly cause they were just grinding at that point. We had them stopped too but we had a crap tackle attempt on 3rd down and the back slipped down to the 1. Stuffed the next play and then they threw to a TE to pad the score.