PDA

View Full Version : Jamaal Branch NFL Europe Offensive POW

colgate13
May 16th, 2006, 02:00 PM
http://www.nfleurope.com/news/story/9442556

Cologne Centurions running back Jamaal Branch (New Orleans Saints) has been named Offensive Player of NFL Europe Week 9 for his efforts during his club’s 25-7 defeat of the Berlin Thunder on Sunday. Branch rushed for 124 yards on 26 carries and scored on a 26-yard second quarter sprint for the Centurions first points of the afternoon. He added 2 receptions for 23 yards as Cologne improved to 4-5 on the season.
Splitting his time between the Centurions and the Rhein Fire, Branch has rushed for 158 yards and 1 touchdown on 30 carries this season.
Commenting on his big day, Branch said: “It felt great to help the team out and I’m glad I finally got a chance to show what I can do. I’m glad I got to run behind our offensive line because they made my job a lot easier.”

I hope they keep giving him the ball! Go Jamaal!

Pard4Life
May 16th, 2006, 02:41 PM
Cologne.. Colgate.. Cologne.. I wonder if the team name is serving as some motivation

colgate13
May 16th, 2006, 02:46 PM
Cologne.. Colgate.. Cologne.. I wonder if the team name is serving as some motivation

So should I be hoping he catchs on with the Colts? :p

Pard4Life
May 30th, 2006, 08:25 AM
What were Branch's final stats?

I remember gleaning from the paper that Cologne had the least number of points scored in the league... 151.. and they finished near the bottom at 4-6.

colgate13
May 30th, 2006, 08:43 AM
What were Branch's final stats?

204 yards rushing on 47 carries (4.3 YPC), 2 TDs. He didn't really get any looks until the end of the season, then I think he made an impression. We'll see if it sticks... he should get some time in camp this fall.

Pard4Life
May 30th, 2006, 01:44 PM
204 yards rushing on 47 carries (4.3 YPC), 2 TDs. He didn't really get any looks until the end of the season, then I think he made an impression. We'll see if it sticks... he should get some time in camp this fall.

Thanks for the lowdown. Prehaps as a special teamer?

colgate13
May 30th, 2006, 02:06 PM
Thanks for the lowdown. Prehaps as a special teamer?

Unfortunately that's just not his M.O. For Branch to have an impact, he needs the ball. Often. Someone just has to give him a shot.