PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky Predictions 11-19

JALMOND
November 18th, 2011, 12:39 AM
Entering the final week of Big Sky play and I am at 46-12 with a chance at 50 correct guesses, something that didn't seem possible after the terrible start (sounds like Eastern Washington's season). Rivalry week for most teams so, even for those playing for pride, there is still something to play for. Chances are best for this conference to only send two teams to the playoffs no matter what happens here, but there have been surprises before. Here are this week's predictions and my final chance at perfection.

EWU at ISU---The Eagles final chance to put an end on an otherwise disappointing season (have they finished last week's game at Cal Poly yet?). High expectations thwarted by a terrible start to the year. The Bengals, however, have already thrown this season out the window and are just playing through the motions which could be disastrous this game...EWU 38, ISU 7.

Southern Utah at NAU---The Lumberjacks roll towards a great finish to an otherwise ho-hum season took a sharp detour last weekend at Weber State. Now they head home to face future conference foe (and next door neighbor) Southern Utah in the final game of the year. A win still would be a great way to go out, but it won't be easy...Southern Utah 26, NAU 24.

UC-Davis at Sac State---The Hornets attempt at a great season seriously curtailed towards the end and last week's win against Idaho State did little to offset the sting of missing the playoffs. A win against their long rival, UC-Davis, could ease these sad feelings to a point in an otherwise disappointing season...Sac State 32, UC-Davis 14.

WSU at PSU---First things first, the Wildcats got their outgoing coach a win last week in their final home game against Northern Arizona. This week would be as special if they could beat the Vikings on the road. The Vikings are clinging to very slim playoff hopes and want the win to offset any doubt that may have arisen from the Northern Colorado game last weekend...PSU 31, WSU 20.

and for the big game...

UM at MSU---Both teams had the weekend off last week so both should be rested and relatively healthy. The Grizzlies feel confident that a win could vault them into a seed for the playoffs while the Bobcats believe they can get the top seed with a win. The Grizzlies offense finally seems to be clicking, to run with their defense. The Bobcats have been getting great play all year from both sides of the ball. Who wins? Go with the home team...MSU 38, UM 20.

Squealofthepig
November 18th, 2011, 01:04 AM
Your Brawl prediction seems fair, and would mean the Griz are one TD better than the Cats' average home win this year. As a Griz fan, I will happily take a loss if it also means we don't get any more significant injuries.

And what happened to all of the EWU posters? You couldn't swing a dead cat without hitting one week one, and I honestly can't recall the last time screamingeagle or any other EWU fan has posted of late. :(

Cleets
November 18th, 2011, 02:00 AM
So doesn't 18 points seem like a HUGE spread..?

MTfan4life
November 18th, 2011, 03:19 AM
Eastern Washington steamrolls Idaho State. Mike Kramer eats a burger after the game and smiles for the first time in seven weeks. Bo Levi Mitchell steals the season title for passing touchdowns in a 5 TD pass day. Eagles win and finally get to the positive side of .500. 45-6

Southern U. vs. Northern A. The start of possibly a new Big Sky rivalry. In 2105 maybe this will be called the Clash of the Compound Words. I'm going to coin the phrase now just in case. (for those unfamiliar: Thunderbirds vs. Lumberjacks) The Northernmost team being Southern Utah dominates the first half, but the Northern A boys from the South turn the game around and win a nail biter. Jacks 28 Birds 24.

Weber State vs. Portland State The winner gets 10 count em 10 FCS schools on their schedule next season; a number unheard of in PSU or WSU lore. I'm tired and I have no interest in this game though. While having an awful mascot, Portland State is green, so I'll pick them. Portland 34 Ogden 19.

And now for the big game:

When you think of the word rivalry in college football, four matchups come to mind: Auburn/Alabama, Michigan/Ohio State, Army/Navy, and last but certainly not least UC Davis/Sacramento State. That's right! It's time for the 58th annual Causeway Classic! Next year this will become yet another classic Big Sky Conference rivalry. UC-Davis brings a 39-18 record over the Hornets into this year's matchup. Sure, the Hornets are boasting an FBS upset this season and their first ever win over Montana, but I feel the Aggies will keep true to their stronghold on the rivalry. UC Davis 24 Sacramento State 16.

I can't pick the other game. I'm always iffy on picking rivalry games. I don't like picking Packers vs. Vikings/Bears either. It's just not my liking. The Brawl of the Wild will be a battle though.

MSUBobcat
November 18th, 2011, 09:02 AM
So doesn't 18 points seem like a HUGE spread..?

Yes. Yes it does. I would be extremely surprised if the Cats scored 38 points, let alone win by 18. But if it happens, it would be f'ing sweet!

wapiti
November 18th, 2011, 09:53 AM
EWU 35 at ISU 20--- EWU and BLM finish off on a good game and ISU looks forward to Kramer's first recruits next year.

Southern Utah 15 at NAU 17---NAU wins in nail biter. Both teams play well, but NAU seems to have SUU number.

UC-Davis 27 at Sac State 28--- Sac State's good team shows up for this one, but so does UCD's. Sac takes it with home field advantage.

WSU 24 at PSU 30---I would like to see McBride get a W in his last game, but PSU is at home and would still have some hope of a playoff invite with a win.

UM 20 at MSU 24---MSU wins in a squeeker. Weather could be a factor in this one. Single digit tempatures in the morning and snow. Look for the running game to be huge in this game and MSU has the better running game.

Future BSC teams:
SD 20 at ND 21---I do not have a clue on this game. So I went with the home team.

CP 28 at South Alabama 13---CP has a good game to close out the season and should have few problems with this one.

MSUBobcat
November 18th, 2011, 09:56 AM
EWU @ ISU - Had the Eagles not stumbled at home against PSU recently, this would likely be for a playoff berth. That said, last week's game indicates that the Eagles have not packed it in, while ISU has been getting blown out since early October. EWU 41, ISU 13

SUU @ NAU - Tough game to call. Home field and homerism for the current BSC member over the incoming member biases my prediction. NAU 27, SUU 21.

UC-D @ Sac St. - Davis has had a tough go of it this year. Sac St., after starting off hot, cooled for a couple weeks, then upset UM, then struggled since, except against conference bottom feeders. Sac St. ends the year as it began, with a W. Sac St. 31, UC-D 17

WSU @ PSU - Weber would love to send their coach into retirement w/ a win. Unfortunately for them, PSU is still a good running team even w/o McCaffrey. Scheduling 2 sub-DI games costs the Vikes a playoff appearance, despite only losing 3 games all year. PSU 31, WSU 21

UM @ MSU - 2 highly ranked, heated rivals face off with a conference championship at stake. xtroublex Could a football fan ask for anything more! Both teams are good on both sides of the ball. Which team finds the chink in the armor 1st? My prediction from the other thread: MSU 28, UM 24

EdubAlum
November 18th, 2011, 10:51 AM
Your Brawl prediction seems fair, and would mean the Griz are one TD better than the Cats' average home win this year. As a Griz fan, I will happily take a loss if it also means we don't get any more significant injuries.

And what happened to all of the EWU posters? You couldn't swing a dead cat without hitting one week one, and I honestly can't recall the last time screamingeagle or any other EWU fan has posted of late. :(

Here i am:)

SF State Gaters
November 18th, 2011, 10:59 AM
I'm sad i missed this all season long (wonder if the board wouldn't be better served by making the frontpage longer, keeping more threads up [digression]...

EWU at ISU---War Eagle!

Southern Utah at NAU---South-ern U-tah *clap clap, clap clap clap* (they beat UNLV, which isn't hard to do but Hawai'i couldn't effing do it... so it must be kinda hard, i guess.

UC-Davis at Sac State---Best college rivalry on the west coast (yes that's right i said it. Better than UCB-Stanford, better than UCLA-USC, better than Wazzu-UDub. Better even than the battle for Myron Claxton's Shoes. Throw out records and all that but Sac State wins (beat oregon state! whoo!)

WSU at PSU--- I always pronounced Weber State "ˈveːbɐ" state- like Max Weber, with a V, like they are a school of german social theorists and premarxists. I always thought they should be called the Weberians (like, Veberians). But they aren't, which is a shame really. PSU wins strong in their beautiful stadium.

UM at MSU---This is the game! This one, right here. So much at stake, on the line, riding on this guys. Whew! Big game. Lot of pressure! Don't blow it! Montana State should win, but might not because it's a big 'ol game.

JALMOND
November 19th, 2011, 08:28 PM
Entering the final week of Big Sky play and I am at 46-12 with a chance at 50 correct guesses, something that didn't seem possible after the terrible start (sounds like Eastern Washington's season). Rivalry week for most teams so, even for those playing for pride, there is still something to play for. Chances are best for this conference to only send two teams to the playoffs no matter what happens here, but there have been surprises before. Here are this week's predictions and my final chance at perfection.

EWU at ISU---The Eagles final chance to put an end on an otherwise disappointing season (have they finished last week's game at Cal Poly yet?). High expectations thwarted by a terrible start to the year. The Bengals, however, have already thrown this season out the window and are just playing through the motions which could be disastrous this game...EWU 38, ISU 7.

Southern Utah at NAU---The Lumberjacks roll towards a great finish to an otherwise ho-hum season took a sharp detour last weekend at Weber State. Now they head home to face future conference foe (and next door neighbor) Southern Utah in the final game of the year. A win still would be a great way to go out, but it won't be easy...Southern Utah 26, NAU 24.

UC-Davis at Sac State---The Hornets attempt at a great season seriously curtailed towards the end and last week's win against Idaho State did little to offset the sting of missing the playoffs. A win against their long rival, UC-Davis, could ease these sad feelings to a point in an otherwise disappointing season...Sac State 32, UC-Davis 14.

WSU at PSU---First things first, the Wildcats got their outgoing coach a win last week in their final home game against Northern Arizona. This week would be as special if they could beat the Vikings on the road. The Vikings are clinging to very slim playoff hopes and want the win to offset any doubt that may have arisen from the Northern Colorado game last weekend...PSU 31, WSU 20.

and for the big game...

UM at MSU---Both teams had the weekend off last week so both should be rested and relatively healthy. The Grizzlies feel confident that a win could vault them into a seed for the playoffs while the Bobcats believe they can get the top seed with a win. The Grizzlies offense finally seems to be clicking, to run with their defense. The Bobcats have been getting great play all year from both sides of the ball. Who wins? Go with the home team...MSU 38, UM 20.

2-3 for the week, 48-15 for the year. I hate these rivalry games. Ugly way to end the year, much like Portland State.

Cleets
November 19th, 2011, 08:34 PM
2-3 for the week, 48-15 for the year. I hate these rivalry games. Ugly way to end the year, much like Portland State.

Who could have predicted that the Bobcats wouldn't even show up..?
at home...
for a game that would put them as the #1 seed in the country

amazing collapse

SeattleGriz
November 19th, 2011, 08:42 PM
Who could have predicted that the Bobcats wouldn't even show up..?
at home...
for a game that would put them as the #1 seed in the country

amazing collapse

Agreed. Pussies. Rrrear!

Ginsbach
November 19th, 2011, 08:43 PM
The ISU/EWU was going great until a few minutes before half.

I don't know if it's Yost's fault or Kramer's fault, but the play calling for ISU has been terrible. It was ridiculous how many times it was third and long tonight and the play was a short (1-2 yard) pass to the WR or a dump off to the RB. It was brutal.

MTfan4life
November 19th, 2011, 08:44 PM
Luckily for the Cats, they picked the game before the playoffs rather than the first game of the playoffs like last season.

JALMOND
November 19th, 2011, 08:48 PM
Luckily for the Cats, they picked the game before the playoffs rather than the first game of the playoffs like last season.

Unless it causes a snowball effect.

I Bleed Purple
November 19th, 2011, 10:26 PM
Bah. Shouldn't have been 5-6. That's a lot of losses for a team with this much talent.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 20th, 2011, 05:48 PM
Here i am:)

God damn, that's pretty funny Edub!xlolx