PDA

View Full Version : NWST's Pittman Looks to Help Ravens Cover

TexasTerror
May 15th, 2006, 06:46 AM
Pittman hears that he's too small, that he's not going to make the NFL and has no business out there. However, he's thrown all the doubters to the back, he's ready to play in the NFL and he's ready to represent I-AA, the SLC and Northwestern St...

Pittman Looks to Help Ravens Cover

By Stephen A. Norris
Washington Post Staff Writer
Monday, May 15, 2006; Page E04

As a cornerback at Northwestern State in Natchitoches, La., David Pittman knew what he was in for when the Baltimore Ravens took him in the third round of the NFL draft.

The Ravens, in desperate need of a nickel back, could have Pittman starting there immediately. For Pittman that meant there was no time to sit on the sideline and learn from veterans. The Ravens' two-day rookie minicamp was the perfect opportunity to start learning the playbook.

"I'd just rather get thrown right into the fire," Pittman said yesterday. "I just want to get thrown in there and learn as I go along."

That might seem like a lot to ask from a rookie out of a Division I-AA school, who critics say is too small at 5 feet 11 and 183 pounds, to cover bigger receivers. Pittman admits the thought of starting immediately is a bit daunting but he has grown used to the doubts about his talent.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/05/14/AR2006051401059.html

Demon Fan
May 15th, 2006, 06:53 PM
Pittman hears that he's too small, that he's not going to make the NFL and has no business out there. However, he's thrown all the doubters to the back, he's ready to play in the NFL and he's ready to represent I-AA, the SLC and Northwestern St...

Pittman Looks to Help Ravens Cover

By Stephen A. Norris
Washington Post Staff Writer
Monday, May 15, 2006; Page E04

As a cornerback at Northwestern State in Natchitoches, La., David Pittman knew what he was in for when the Baltimore Ravens took him in the third round of the NFL draft.

The Ravens, in desperate need of a nickel back, could have Pittman starting there immediately. For Pittman that meant there was no time to sit on the sideline and learn from veterans. The Ravens' two-day rookie minicamp was the perfect opportunity to start learning the playbook.

"I'd just rather get thrown right into the fire," Pittman said yesterday. "I just want to get thrown in there and learn as I go along."

That might seem like a lot to ask from a rookie out of a Division I-AA school, who critics say is too small at 5 feet 11 and 183 pounds, to cover bigger receivers. Pittman admits the thought of starting immediately is a bit daunting but he has grown used to the doubts about his talent.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/05/14/AR2006051401059.html

TT- Thanks for the link to the article on David. Reading the story one gets the feeling that Pittman has a good grasp of things and sense of direction in his life. His talent is a matter of fact, as is his work ethic (he graduated on schedule this month in a solid business administration program). What I like is his attitude; I think he'll not only make it, he will become an important part of the Ravens defense.