9/23 Eastern Washington @ Montana St
9/30 Furman @ Wofford
10/7 North Dakota St @ Georgia Southern
10/14 James Madison @ New Hampshire
10/21 Appalachian St @ Georgia Southern
10/28 Hofstra @ New Hampshire
11/4 Sam Houston State @ SFA - Battle of the Piney Woods
11/11 Georgia Southern @ Furman
11/18 Texas St @ Sam Houston St - Has had SLC title implications the last two years

GOTY - Appalachian St @ Georgia Southern

See, I have absolute justification for those two Bearkat games. Our biggest two rivalries, one of which is televised yearly on FoxSW (SFA) and another of which that deserves TV pickup somewhere...

I went heavy with Georgia Southern. I'm just very intrigued by the new coaching situation there and love the OOC battles against North Dakota St and CCU. Both of those teams are looking for that huge I-AA win over the flagship program of I-AA with those 'Six Flags over Georgia'. Like big SoCon battles against Furman and Appy St.

New Hampshire shows up twice. Once against James Madison,in a battle of a recent champ and the team which is my early pick for 2006 champ. The other is against Hofstra, a team that I've always had a great deal of respect for...

Had to throw in EKU vs WKU, a great rivalry. Hampton vs Grambling St, I was surprised there was a limited amount of good I-AA matchups (all those I-A vs I-AA games!) and that's a pretty solid one in itself.

And nothing wrong with Eastern Washington vs Montana St, even without Meyer and Lulay, right? I like some of those great Big Sky matchups...

grizband
May 15th, 2006, 01:31 AM
9/2 Hampton vs. Grambling St
- A great MEAC/SWAC showdown. How will Grambling perform without all-everything Bruce Eugene? Will Hampton be able to continue their sucess of last season?

9/9 James Madison @ Appalachain St.
- A matchup of the last two national champions, this one should be a great game. Will James Madison be able to rebound into the nation's elite teams? Will Appalachian St. be able to follow up on last year's title run, even with the losses of many key players?

9/16 Coastal Carolina @ Georga Southern
- Coastal Carolina has heard the criticisms - improve your OOC schedule, or good luck making the playoffs. Can they top last year's surprising victory over James Madison with a defeat of the premier I-AA team? How will GSU's new offensive scheme and coaching staff live up to their pedigree in their first real test of the season?

9/23 EWU @ MSU
- Both teams go into this season with questioms marks at QB. Erik Meyer and Travis Lulay were two of the best to ever play the position in I-AA history. This game could go along way to defining the seasons of both teams. Can the "Big Human" MIke Kramer avenge the trouncing his team received last season at the hands of his former understudy Paul Wulff?

9/30 New Hampshire @ Delaware
- A matchup of teams who both failed to reach their expectations last season, this game features two of the best talents in I-aa in Santos and Ball. Will this traveling circus of offense run rings around Delaware, or will this years team be able to improve on the 9th worst passing defense in the country?

10/7 NDSU @ GSU
- What do 1985, 1986, and 1990 all have in common? In all three of these years, both GSU (I-AA) and NDSU (division II) won national championships. With 11 national titles between them, these two teams know about playing in big games against great teams. This game could be one of the better OOC games played this season.

10/14 MVSU @ NDSU
- Here is a chance for the SWAC to step outside its boundaries and answer the call of the I-AA faithful: to gain respect, you must schedule playoff caliber teams. While technically ineligible for the playoffs, North Dakota proved last year they can play with the big boys.

10/21 Montana @ Weber St.
- Last year's battle came down to a dropped catch in the endzone, which would have sealed the upset victory for the suprising Wildcats. When the Griz visit Utah this year, they will find out Weber is the darkhorse team many have pegged them to be.

10/28 UNC @ Sac
- In UNC's first season of Big Sky competition, they will try to prove themselves against some of the best teams in the west. Will they be able to upset annual cellar dwellar Sac St., or will Sac finally have someone to look down upon in the conference?

11/04 Cal Poly @ Montana
- These two teams met twice last year, with very different results. Montana is 9-1 against Poly all time, and will look to continue this domination in 2006. Will sophomore phemon James Noble and the option attack give the Grizzlies fits once again? Or will Cal Poly be distracted by the November weather and Washington Grizzly stadium, and succumb to Montana once again?

11/11 GSU @ Furman
- Last year's game could have been the game of the season, a 27-24 upset for GSU over then #1 Furman. Will GSU be able to go into Greenville and repeat against Furman, or will Furman be able to avenge the bitter taste of last year's defeat?

11/18 MSU @ Montana (Cat/Griz)
- What can be said about this game that hasn't already been said before? The Kick. The Streak. 3 out of 4 or 17 out of 20. This game divides a defines a state, divides family and friends, and leads to some fierce action on the playing field. Both teams have offensive questions marks going into the season, and both defenses should be battle tested. This game maydetermine the conference champion, but more importantly, WILL determine bragging rights for 365 more days.

Game of the year: Cat/Griz

TheValleyRaider
May 15th, 2006, 02:52 AM
9/2-Hampton vs, Grambling State
I wanted to pick Colgate-UMass, but this one is more intriguing on a national level, I think. (Besides, losing our opening game is par for the course with Colgate :o )

9/9-James Madison at Appalachian State
Went with the seemingly obvious again.

9/16-Eastern Illinois at Illinois State
This could be interesting to see as you get last year's OVC Champ against one of the possible contenders from the Gateway, all rolled in with an in-state rivalry. A good Midwestern Battle.

9/23-UC-Davis at Youngstown State
Good intersectional battle with of last year's strong perfomers looking to step up again in 2006.

9/30-New Hampshire at Delaware
Big A-10 game between two of the favorites to perform this season. UNH returns to the site of Ricky Santos' debut.

10/7-North Dakota State at Georgia Southern
Former D-II power currently making a big splash in I-AA visits the premier I-AA program. Yeah, this should be fun.

10/14-Eastern Illinois at Eastern Kentucky
Possible OVC Championship Game, or at least extremely critical in determining the conference's winner.

10/21-Northern Iowa at Youngstown State
This year the Panthers go to Ohio, Gateway title implications abound between last year's runner up and the last team left out.

10/28-Lafayette at Colgate
No offense to Lehigh from the PL, but given Lafayette has lost the last two seasons on a blocked (2004) then a missed (2005) FG, this one will certainly go down to the wire and pair off last year's co-Champs and the last two autobid winners.

11/4-Cal Poly at Montana
Big game from the West. The question is will CP be able to get another win in Missoula, or will it be business as usual for the Griz at home.

11/11-Dayton at San Diego
Giving some love to the "Mid-Majors", this appears to be the PFL Title Game, or at the very least a good matchup between two of the conferences premier teams.

11/18-Richmond at William & Mary
So many great rivalries, so hard to choose, so I'll take one that may not be on too many people's radar. The Oldest Rivalry in the South has had decent playoff implications the past two seasons, putting some of the fire back for the Spiders and Tribe. Just a hunch at this point, but with both teams looking to post solid seasons in 2006, we could see a real treat in this A-10 South matchup.

Game of the Year-James Madison at Appalachian State
Sometimes these games just live up to their billing.

Of course, the real GotY will be on December 15 in Chattanooga :nod:

May 15th, 2006, 03:14 AM
I hope that some folks will see that there are many reasons why a GOTW/GOTY is chosen. There are so many great games every single week...

Tealblood
May 15th, 2006, 07:23 AM
I would like to post soon as I figure out some more schedules

OL FU
May 15th, 2006, 07:43 AM
9/2-Hampton vs, Grambling State
I wanted to pick Colgate-UMass, but this one is more intriguing on a national level, I think. (Besides, losing our opening game is par for the course with Colgate :o )

9/9-James Madison at Appalachian State
Went with the seemingly obvious again.

9/16-Eastern Illinois at Illinois State
This could be interesting to see as you get last year's OVC Champ against one of the possible contenders from the Gateway, all rolled in with an in-state rivalry. A good Midwestern Battle.

9/23-UC-Davis at Youngstown State
Good intersectional battle with of last year's strong perfomers looking to step up again in 2006.

9/30-New Hampshire at Delaware
Big A-10 game between two of the favorites to perform this season. UNH returns to the site of Ricky Santos' debut.

10/7-North Dakota State at Georgia Southern
Former D-II power currently making a big splash in I-AA visits the premier I-AA program. Yeah, this should be fun.

10/14-Eastern Illinois at Eastern Kentucky
Possible OVC Championship Game, or at least extremely critical in determining the conference's winner.

10/21-Northern Iowa at Youngstown State
This year the Panthers go to Ohio, Gateway title implications abound between last year's runner up and the last team left out.

10/28-Lafayette at Colgate
No offense to Lehigh from the PL, but given Lafayette has lost the last two seasons on a blocked (2004) then a missed (2005) FG, this one will certainly go down to the wire and pair off last year's co-Champs and the last two autobid winners.

11/4-Cal Poly at Montana
Big game from the West. The question is will CP be able to get another win in Missoula, or will it be business as usual for the Griz at home.

11/11-Dayton at San Diego
Giving some love to the "Mid-Majors", this appears to be the PFL Title Game, or at the very least a good matchup between two of the conferences premier teams.

11/18-Richmond at William & Mary
So many great rivalries, so hard to choose, so I'll take one that may not be on too many people's radar. The Oldest Rivalry in the South has had decent playoff implications the past two seasons, putting some of the fire back for the Spiders and Tribe. Just a hunch at this point, but with both teams looking to post solid seasons in 2006, we could see a real treat in this A-10 South matchup.

Game of the Year-James Madison at Appalachian State
Sometimes these games just live up to their billing.

Of course, the real GotY will be on December 15 in Chattanooga :nod:

Your choices were so good I decided to just show where we differed:

10/14 JMU and UNH - UNH my preseason number one and if JMU lives up to some of this years billing this could be the battle for the A-10. Either game is good.

10/28 FU and ASU - Now I wonder why we disagree on this one:D

11/11 - FU and GSU - The battle of the mid -majors is great, but this battle in the SoCon is better:rolleyes:

11/18 - ISU and Northern Iowa - I like your choice for the rivalry, I like mine for the importance to the playoffs this year.

PS, Thanks for saving my fingers from typing so much. :nod:

HensRock
May 15th, 2006, 08:37 AM
9/2 Hampton @ Grambling St.
9/9 JMU @ Appalachian St.
9/16 SD State @ UNI
9/23 SC State @ Coastal Carolina
9/30 UNH @ Delaware
10/7 UC Davis @ Cal Poly
10/14 TX State @ McNeese St.
10/21 UNI @ YSU
10/28 ID State @ Montana
11/4 Colgate @ Lehigh
11/18 Yale @ Harvard

GOTY: JMU @ ASU

89Hen
May 15th, 2006, 08:53 AM
My Picks...

Jacksonville St @ Furman
James Madison @ Appalachian St
Eastern Illinois @ Illinois St
South Carolina St @ Coastal
New Hampshire @ Delaware
Montana @ Eastern Washington
Southern @ Jackson St
Northern Iowa @ Youngstown St
Texas St @ Northwestern St
Cal Poly @ Montana
Georgia Southern @ Furman
Nicholls St @ McNeese St

GOY - James Madison @ Appalachian St OOC battle of last two champs.

I know there are more traditional rivalries that final week, but I voted on which game I think might have the biggest playoff implications on the final week of the season.

TheValleyRaider
May 15th, 2006, 10:11 AM
11/11 - FU and GSU - The battle of the mid -majors is great, but this battle in the SoCon is better:rolleyes:

I did see it, but in that case I was going for some variety. There was an NEC matchup (CCSU-Albany, I think) earlier in the year that I liked, but it conflicted with some other game I couldn't say no to. So many games, so few weeks...

OL FU
May 15th, 2006, 10:14 AM
I did see it, but in that case I was going for some variety. There was an NEC matchup (CCSU-Albany, I think) earlier in the year that I liked, but it conflicted with some other game I couldn't say no to. So many games, so few weeks...

you can keep that one but only if you trash Lafayette and Colgate and substitute FU and ASU:smiley_wi

Seriously, we agreed on most.

colgate13
May 15th, 2006, 10:45 AM
Colgate/UMass

We've had 3 great games in a row. Great PL/A-10 matchup. Plus, it's Colgate.

JMU/ASU

Last two NCs head to head, both contenders again. NO BRAINER.

Penn/Lafayette

I want to watch Lafayette break their Ivy curse under the lights on a new field.

SCSU/CCU

Nice Carolina matchup between two bubble teams last year.

Harvard/Lehigh

Good PL/Ivy matchup.

NDSU/GaSouthern

Great game IMO.

JMU/UNH

Another great game.

SDSU/Cal Poly

I want to see Cal Poly out there more. Nice program that represents I-AA well.

Lafayette/Colgate

Colgate in a great PL game, gotta vote for it.

Colgate/Lehigh

Ditto.

Dayton/San Diego

Some love for the nonscholarships. This is as good as they get at this level.

Lehigh/Lafayette

No question. The I-AA nation needs to see this game.

GOTY: JMU/ASU

OL FU
May 15th, 2006, 11:01 AM
Colgate/UMass

We've had 3 great games in a row. Great PL/A-10 matchup. Plus, it's Colgate.

JMU/ASU

Last two NCs head to head, both contenders again. NO BRAINER.

Penn/Lafayette

I want to watch Lafayette break their Ivy curse under the lights on a new field.

SCSU/CCU

Nice Carolina matchup between two bubble teams last year.

Harvard/Lehigh

Good PL/Ivy matchup.

NDSU/GaSouthern

Great game IMO.

JMU/UNH

Another great game.

SDSU/Cal Poly

I want to see Cal Poly out there more. Nice program that represents I-AA well.

Lafayette/Colgate

Colgate in a great PL game, gotta vote for it.

Colgate/Lehigh

Ditto.

Dayton/San Diego

Some love for the nonscholarships. This is as good as they get at this level.

Lehigh/Lafayette

No question. The I-AA nation needs to see this game.

GOTY: JMU/ASU

New suggestion for 7000 title.

Colgate 13
Patriot League Homer:D

89Hen
May 15th, 2006, 11:11 AM
Colgate/UMass
Penn/Lafayette
Harvard/Lehigh
Lafayette/Colgate
Colgate/Lehigh
Lehigh/Lafayette
:eyebrow: Uhhhh, nevermind.

P2TheB
May 15th, 2006, 04:34 PM
9/2- Jacksonville St. @ Furman
9/9- Western Kentucky @ Eastern Kentucky
9/16- South Dakota St. @ UNI
9/23- UC Davis @ Youngstown St.
9/30- New Hampshire @ Delaware
10/7- Missouri State @ UNI
10/14- James Madison @ New Hampshire
10/21- UNI @ Youngstown State---could be a GFC title showdown
10/28- Texas State @ Northwestern State
11/4- Western Kentucky @ UNI---could be a GFC title showdown
11/11- UNI @ Southern Illinois---could be a GFC title showdown
11/18- Illinois State @ UNI---could be a GFC title showdown

As you can see, the GFC will be tough once again. I seriously think that any of 5 teams (UNI, SIU, WKU, YSU, ILSU) could win the GFC this year.

eagleskins
May 15th, 2006, 05:50 PM
Game of the year. Appy and GSU. The last time Appy played at GSU it got ugly on homecoming.

swaghook
May 15th, 2006, 06:57 PM
Week 1

9/2 Colgate @ Massachusetts

Week 2

9/9 James Madison @ Appalachian St

Week 3

9/16 Northeastern @ North Dakota St

Week 4

9/23 UC Davis @ Youngstown St

Week 5

9/30 South Dakota St @ McNeese St

Week 6

Week 7

10/14 Mississippi Valley St @ North Dakota St

Week 8

10/21 Northern Iowa @ Youngstown St

Week 9

10/28 Texas St @ Northwestern St

Week 10

11/4 Cal Poly @ Montana

Week 11

11/11 Northern Iowa @ Southern Illinois

Week 12

11/18 South Dakota St @ North Dakota St

Game of the Year

North Dakota St @ Georgia Southern

TexasTerror
May 15th, 2006, 07:02 PM
Week 7
10/14 Mississippi Valley St @ North Dakota St

How'd that work out like that? xlolx

How'd any game involving Mississippi Valley St top any other game in a given week? xidiotx

swaghook
May 15th, 2006, 07:10 PM
How'd that work out like that? xlolx

How'd any game involving Mississippi Valley St top any other game in a given week? xidiotx The Bison factor.:D

Actually I voted this AM and I can not remember exactly which games I voted for I know I didn't vote for at least one of the NDSU games I listed here but I can not remember which one I didn't vote for other then I know I did vote for the GSU game for sure. I think I voted for at least one UNH game so it might have been the JMU vs UNH game.:confused:

SochorField
May 15th, 2006, 07:17 PM
UC Davis @ Cal Poly?

Always a classic......

TxState_GO_CATS!
May 15th, 2006, 08:17 PM
Week 1--Hampton vs. Grambling St.
Week 2--JMU vs. App. St.
Week 3--Coastal Carolina vs. Georgia Southern
Week 4--South Carolina St. vs. Coastal Carolina
Week 5--Jacksonville St. vs. Eastern Kentucky
Week 6--Illinois St. vs. Western Kentucky
Week 7--Texas St. vs. McNeese St.
Week 8--SELA vs Texas St. (ALWAYS a fun one when played in San Marcos)
Week 9--Furman vs. App. St.
Week 10--Nicholls St. vs. Texas St. (Battle for the Paddle...and payback is a bitch!)
Week 11--Georgia Southern vs. Furman
Week 12--Texas St. vs. SHS

Game of the Year--SELA vs. Texas St.

ISUMatt
May 15th, 2006, 08:46 PM
9/2- Colgate @ UMass
9/16- Coastal Carolina @ Georgia Southern
9/23- UC Davis @ Youngstown St
10/7- Illinois State @ Western Kentucky
10/14- UMass @ Towson
10/21- Appalachian St @ Georgia Southern
10/28- Furman @ Appalachian State
11/4- Cal Poly @ Montana
11/11- Georgia Southern @ Furman
11/18- Illinois State @ Northern Iowa

GOY- Illinois State @ Northern Iowa

blukeys
May 15th, 2006, 09:07 PM
9/2- Colgate @ UMass
10/14- UMass @ Towson
11/4- Cal Poly @ Montana

Wow, finally someone who has some objectivity. I think there are some better games on 10/14 then Umass @Towson but both of those teams will be tough.

A lot of variety and could be helpful to AGS voters. :nod: :nod:

DaGriz
May 16th, 2006, 12:03 AM
9/2- Colgate @ UMass
10/14- UMass @ Towson
11/4- Cal Poly @ Montana

Yeah, that's pretty good. I wouldn't mind seeing Texas St. and North Dakota St. somewhere in there. Other than that, pretty good line up, I would watch these games.

Pard4Life
May 16th, 2006, 08:48 AM
Alot of great games, hard to choose, but here is what i've got..

Week 1- 9/2 Hampton vs. Grambling
Week 2 - 9/9 James Madison at ASU
Week 3 - 9/16 Eastern Illinois at Illinois St.
Week 4 - 9/23 UC Davis at Youngstown St.
Week 5 - 9/30 Jacksonville at Eastern Kentucky
Week 6 - 10/7 Furman at Coastal Carolina
Week 7 - 10/14 Texas St. at McNeese St.
Week 8 - 10/21 ASU at Georgia Southern
Week 9 - 10/28 Lafayette at Colgate
Week 10 - 11/4 Cal Poly at Montana
Week 11 - 11/11 Harvard at Penn
Week 12 - 11/18 Lehigh at Lafayette

GOTY: Furman at ASU

bandl
May 16th, 2006, 09:12 AM
Alot of great games, hard to choose, but here is what i've got..

Week 1- 9/2 Hampton vs. Grambling
Week 2 - 9/9 James Madison at ASU
Week 3 - 9/16 Eastern Illinois at Illinois St.
Week 4 - 9/23 UC Davis at Youngstown St.
Week 5 - 9/30 Jacksonville at Eastern Kentucky
Week 6 - 10/7 Furman at Coastal Carolina
Week 7 - 10/14 Texas St. at McNeese St.
Week 8 - 10/21 ASU at Georgia Southern
Week 9 - 10/28 Lafayette at Colgate
Week 10 - 11/4 Cal Poly at Montana
Week 11 - 11/11 Harvard at Penn
Week 12 - 11/18 Lehigh at Lafayette

GOTY: Furman at ASU

Furman @ ASU is your GOTY...but that game isn't even one of your GOTW? The Lafayette/Colgate game is your GOTW in week 9...just trying to understand the logic! ;)

May 16th, 2006, 10:52 AM
Early Leaders (multiple games listed if they are separated by only a few votes):

Week 1
-----------
9/2 Jacksonville St @ Furman
8/31 Northern Iowa @ Drake

Week 2
-----------

Week 3
-----------
9/16 Coastal Carolina @ Georgia Southern
9/16 South Dakota St @ Northern Iowa

Week 4
-----------

Week 5
-----------

Week 6
-----------

Week 7
-----------

Week 8
-----------

Week 9
-----------
10/28 Furman @ Appalachian St

Week 10
-----------
11/4 Cal Poly @ Montana

Week 11
-----------

Week 12
-----------
11/18 Montana St @ Montana

Game of the Year
-----------

TexasTerror
May 16th, 2006, 11:09 AM
Early Leaders (multiple games listed if they are separated by only a few votes):

Week 1
-----------

Week 2
-----------

Week 3
-----------

Week 4
-----------

Week 5
-----------

Week 6
-----------

Week 7
-----------

Week 8
-----------

Week 9
-----------

Week 10
-----------
11/4 Cal Poly @ Montana

Week 11
-----------

Week 12
-----------

Game of the Year
-----------

So far, so good. No complaints on any of those...

Seems a lot of folks love those big SoCon matchups and of course, Montana vs Montana St is always a big one in the eyes of AGS faithful. Good group of OOC selections (Hampton-Grambling, CCU-Ga Southern, Cal Poly-Montana) as well...

89Hen
May 16th, 2006, 11:16 AM

Week 1
-----------

Week 2
-----------

Week 3
-----------

Week 5
-----------

Week 6
-----------

Week 7
-----------

Week 8
-----------

Week 9
-----------

Week 11
-----------
A bit too much SoCon and A10 IMHO :eyebrow:

Pard4Life
May 16th, 2006, 11:19 AM
Furman @ ASU is your GOTY...but that game isn't even one of your GOTW? The Lafayette/Colgate game is your GOTW in week 9...just trying to understand the logic! ;)

I was waiting for someone to point that out. I was thinking that the GOTY is something unique that deserves it's own spotlight. Lafayette - Colgate deserves a spot since this can decide the PL and well, it is the second best IMO in that series. Furman - ASU, judging from this board, is usually a great game and huge even in itself that can perhaps decide the SoCon as well... and playoff seeds. I was just looking at each individual week vs. the larger picture in determining the GOTY category.

TexasTerror
May 16th, 2006, 11:19 AM
A bit too much SoCon and A10 IMHO :eyebrow:

What kind of bias is that? :p

89Hen
May 16th, 2006, 11:23 AM
What kind of bias is that? :p
Old boy network bias. :nod:

Pard4Life
May 16th, 2006, 11:26 AM

Week 1
-----------

Week 2
-----------

Week 3
-----------

Week 4
-----------

Week 5
-----------

Week 6
-----------

Week 7
-----------

Week 8
-----------

Week 9
-----------

Week 10
-----------
11/4 Cal Poly @ Montana

Week 11
-----------

Week 12
-----------

Game of the Year
-----------

Geez, talk about a lack of diversity..

You know people... ASU, GSU, and Furman are NOT the entire I-AA picture. :nono:

OL FU
May 16th, 2006, 12:14 PM

Are you absolutely positivexlolx

colgate13
May 16th, 2006, 12:16 PM
And I was being called a homer earlier in the thread? Now do you see why I put my two PL cents in the mix????

OL FU
May 16th, 2006, 12:35 PM
I did have ASU and GSU in three times and FU in twice. That may be a little much but most of it are the teams playing each other. The extra game for ASU is JMU and GSU is NDSU. Two very good out of conference games. That only makes me half a homer:D

HensRock
May 16th, 2006, 01:16 PM
I thought mine was fairly diverse. Personally, I'd like to see a lot of games from out west that I will not be able to see myself otherwise. I think the only team I reapeated was UNI and I'm looking for an alternative there as well.

9/2 Hampton @ Grambling St.
9/9 JMU @ Appalachian St.
9/16 SD State @ UNI
9/23 SC State @ Coastal Carolina
9/30 UNH @ Delaware
10/7 UC Davis @ Cal Poly
10/14 TX State @ McNeese St.
10/21 UNI @ YSU
10/28 ID State @ Montana
11/4 Colgate @ Lehigh
11/18 Yale @ Harvard

GOTY: JMU @ ASU

blur2005
May 16th, 2006, 01:36 PM
My ballot:

9/2 Hampton vs. Grambling
9/9 James Madison @ Appalachian State
9/16 South Dakota State @ Northern Iowa
9/23 South Carolina State @ Coastal Carolina
9/30 Harvard @ Lehigh
10/7 UC Davis @ Cal Poly
10/21 Northern Iowa @ Youngstown State
10/28 Furman @ Appalachian State
11/4 Delaware @ James Madison
11/18 Montana State @ Montana

Game of the Year: James Madison @ Appalachian State

Cocky
May 16th, 2006, 02:10 PM
I want to see them all. I could pick a minimum of 4 games a week to watch.

WMTribe90
May 16th, 2006, 02:23 PM
Hampton @ Grambling
Maine @ YSU
Northeastern @NDSU
SCST @ CCU
Harvard @ Lehigh
UC Davis @ Cal Poly
JMU @ UNH
ASU @ GSU
McNeese @ SHS
Cal Poly @ Montana
WM @ Delaware
Lehigh @ Lafayette

GOTY JMU @ ASU

BTW,

The WM at UD pick is not a homer pick. This has been probably the most closely contested series in IAA in the nation over the past 20+ years. Over the past 22 seasons the series is split 10 to 12 in UDs favor. The teams have split two playoff meetings, including the OT thriller in 2004. 12 of the 22 meetings have been decided by a tochdown or less, including three OT games (2-1 WM). The longest win streak overthis span is two games. If you want to televise a game that is likely to come to the wire I don't believe you could find a better candidate based on the history of the series. Also, rarely does this game not have playoff implications for one or both teams.

May 19th, 2006, 09:14 AM
updated early leaders:

Week 1
------

Week 2
------

Week 3
------

Week 4
------

Week 5
------
9/30 North Dakota St @ Stephen F. Austin

Week 6
------

Week 7
------
10/14 Hofstra @ Delaware

Week 8
------

Week 9
------

Week 10
------
11/4 Cal Poly @ Montana

Week 11
------
11/11 Northern Iowa @ Southern Illinois

Week 12
------

Week 13
------
Montana St @ Montana
Northern Iowa @ Southern Illinois

TexasTerror
May 19th, 2006, 10:08 AM
9/30 North Dakota St @ Stephen F. Austin

Why? :confused:

GeauxColonels
May 19th, 2006, 10:41 AM
Everyone should pick to watch at least ONE Nicholls game!!
The triple-option is one of the best offenses to watch!

Week 2--JMU vs. App. St.
Week 10--Nicholls St. vs. Texas St. (Battle for the Paddle...and payback is a bitch!)

BRING IT!!!!! :nonono2: :mad:

ucdtim17
May 19th, 2006, 10:43 AM
Week 4
------

C'mon folks, intersectional and cross-country vs. BSC teams that both lost their star QB's and isn't a rivalry?

P2TheB
May 22nd, 2006, 02:53 PM
Any word on an updated list of leaders for each week?

golionsgo
May 22nd, 2006, 03:48 PM
Week 2--JMU vs. App. St.

The last one in San Marcos was a dandy one indeed. I hate it that our FB couldn't hang onto the ball crossing the goalline in the first OT but it was well worth the price of admission and helped ignite what I hope will be a good clean rivalry for the foreseeable future.

I'm also a bit surprised no one mentioned our game with McNeese. We've handled them pretty good the last two years and I'm sure they'll be chompin' at the bit for some payback. But we'll be ready as usual. :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :smiley_wi

GaSouthern
May 26th, 2006, 12:03 PM
when will we find out???

jwfgeol
May 26th, 2006, 01:54 PM

I did vote for each of the games for the 'big 3' of the Socon when they were playing each other. They are not the entire I-AA picture, but they are three playoff teams from last year, two of which are in the AGS preseason Top 5. I did pick Lehigh/Lafayette, however. It's one of those rivalries like Army/Navy that mean alot more than the game itself.

blackfordpu
May 26th, 2006, 11:19 PM
Week 2--JMU vs. App. St.
Week 10--Nicholls St. vs. Texas St. (Battle for the Paddle...and payback is a bitch!)Week 11--Georgia Southern vs. Furman

Interesting that two of the biggest rivelry games in the SLC are on the same day. :)

Still, the Battle for the Piney Woods if far more important. We are fighting for WOODS for crying out loud! :nod: ;)

Stang Fever
May 27th, 2006, 01:22 PM
i would love to post mines but i cant remember my picks

I know i picked Poly Vs Davis always a good game

Poly vs Montana

TexasTerror
May 27th, 2006, 03:52 PM
Interesting that two of the biggest rivelry games in the SLC are on the same day. :)

Still, the Battle for the Piney Woods if far more important. We are fighting for WOODS for crying out loud! :nod: ;)

With SFA being smart and not having SHSU as their homecoming, look for SFA-SHSU to be moved to Thursday and televised per the norm of the rivalry...

TxState_GO_CATS!
May 27th, 2006, 03:59 PM

HAHAHA...awesome.xlolx xlolx