PDA

View Full Version : UNH's Williams Tries Hand with Rams

TexasTerror
May 14th, 2006, 08:11 PM
Love Williams' attitude. Says he'll play wherever they need him to. Best of luck to him as he attempts to make the NFL...

Williams Tryouts With Rams
by John DiTullio
Published May 14, 2006

Irondequoit's Jonathan Williams earned a free agent tryout with the St. Louis Rams. A basketball and football star at West Irondequoit, Williams played tight end at the University of New Hampshire, a Division I-AA powerhouse. "I'm a hard-nosed guy. I'm definately a team guy. Anything I can do to help, I'll help. I'm more of an athletic tight end when I'm around. I can play many positions, the "H", tight end, fullback, anywhere they feel like they need to create a mismatch". Williams said.

This past season, Williams earned All-American honors, earning him a chance at the NFL. "If I come in, smooth as the starter, smooth as the second string, I don't want there to be any kind of drop. Any where they need me to fit in, I'm going to run and help them out. Special teams, offense, they want me to play fullback, they want me to play slot, anything, I'm going to be out there helping the team out. That's the type of guy I am". Williams said.

The Rams held their mini-camp this weekend.

http://www.rnews.com/Sports/Story_2004.cfm?ID=37853&rnews_story_type=19

Coach O
May 15th, 2006, 05:30 PM
Love Williams' attitude. Says he'll play wherever they need him to. Best of luck to him as he attempts to make the NFL...

Williams Tryouts With Rams
by John DiTullio
Published May 14, 2006

Irondequoit's Jonathan Williams earned a free agent tryout with the St. Louis Rams. A basketball and football star at West Irondequoit, Williams played tight end at the University of New Hampshire, a Division I-AA powerhouse. "I'm a hard-nosed guy. I'm definately a team guy. Anything I can do to help, I'll help. I'm more of an athletic tight end when I'm around. I can play many positions, the "H", tight end, fullback, anywhere they feel like they need to create a mismatch". Williams said.

This past season, Williams earned All-American honors, earning him a chance at the NFL. "If I come in, smooth as the starter, smooth as the second string, I don't want there to be any kind of drop. Any where they need me to fit in, I'm going to run and help them out. Special teams, offense, they want me to play fullback, they want me to play slot, anything, I'm going to be out there helping the team out. That's the type of guy I am". Williams said.

The Rams held their mini-camp this weekend.

http://www.rnews.com/Sports/Story_2004.cfm?ID=37853&rnews_story_type=19

Williams is a tad undersized for the NFL, but I do like his motor. I question his blocking ability in a NFL package but I wish him nothing but the best.